PDA

View Full Version : Cat not using a liter box

Super Man
January 6th 15, 09:48 PM
I clean out the litter boxes and fill up the boxes when i clean the litter boxes out and the cat still goes on the floor

Mark Carroll[_2_]
January 6th 15, 10:05 PM
Super Man > writes:

> I clean out the litter boxes and fill up the boxes when i clean the litter boxes out and the cat still goes on the floor

It's just one cat in the household? Any differences from any other
litter boxes that they've used, like if there's a top half or door on it
they don't like?

-- Mark

buglady[_2_]
January 6th 15, 10:08 PM
On 1/6/2015 4:48 PM, Super Man wrote:
> I clean out the litter boxes and fill up the boxes when i clean the litter boxes out and the cat still goes on the floor

............Did you clean the area with any kind of pee removal cleaner?
Try putting another litter box where the cat pees. And keep in mind
it could be a urinary tract problem which would require a vet visit.

buglady
take out the dog before replyin

MaryL[_2_]
January 7th 15, 12:46 AM
"Super Man" wrote in message

I clean out the litter boxes and fill up the boxes when i clean the litter
boxes out and the cat still goes on the floor

~~~~~
Is this a new problem, or has it been ongoing for awhile? If you have
already thoroughly cleaned the area around the box, I would recommend a vet
examination. This is frequently a sign of urinary tract infection, and it's
important to have that treated ASAP.

MaryL

Super Man
January 7th 15, 01:34 AM
I tried another cat litter we use arm snd hammer on the pee stains

Super Man
January 7th 15, 01:36 AM
It only happens at night i thought that he dont do it in the other parts of the house

Super Man
January 7th 15, 01:37 AM
I done it it still happens

alien from planet x
January 7th 15, 02:21 AM
Super > wrote:
> I clean out the litter boxes and fill up the boxes when i clean the litter boxes out and the cat still goes on the floor

Is there anything unusual about the way the poo looks?
Runny? Hard?
It could be sick.
--
Islam is the rabies of religion

Super Man
January 7th 15, 02:39 AM
Its freash somtimes it happenens when we are not around he looks ok

MaryL[_2_]
January 7th 15, 03:58 AM
"Super Man" wrote in message

I tried another cat litter we use arm snd hammer on the pee stains

~~~~~~~
You need to clean the pee stains with an enzymatic cleaner. It is not
adequate to simply make it "look" better. Remember, cats have very
sensitive sense of smell, and you need to take as many precautions as
possible to avoid having them attracted to the same spot. I have found
Nature's miracle to be helpful. You may also want to place a small piece of
carpet over the spot after the cleaner dries. I still think you should have
a vet check to make sure there is no medical problem.

MaryL

Super Man
January 7th 15, 04:15 AM
I noticed the cat has started using the cat litter boxes some after i cleaned them out

John Doe[_2_]
February 14th 15, 06:07 PM
Super Man > wrote:

> I clean out the litter boxes and fill up the boxes when i clean the
> litter boxes out and the cat still goes on the floor

Fortunately for me, I never have that trouble. I believe the only normal
causes are a dirty litter box environment and an uncomfortable litter
box environment. The litter box area must be reasonably clean and free
of threats. It must be a happy place. Not because I am namby-pamby, but
because litter box problems shall be taken seriously if you want to keep
your cats.

Recently cleaned my two modified "Omega Paw Self-Cleaning" litter boxes.
They were filthy but the cats were using them. I thought that just
keeping them packed with fresh litter would do the job, but my recently
purchased headlamp showed otherwise.