PDA

View Full Version : Photos

Super Man
January 7th 15, 03:26 AM
How do i share my cat photos on Google groups

Mack A. Damia
January 7th 15, 03:36 AM
On Tue, 6 Jan 2015 19:26:25 -0800 (PST), Super Man
> wrote:

>How do i share my cat photos on Google groups

I don't think you can, but somebody may correct me.

Newsgroups are either text or binary, and this is a text group.

I have seen binaries uploaded to a text newsgroup on very rare
occasions, but I don't know any further than that.

You might try a (free) personal file sharing site. I use 4shared.

http://www.4shared.com/

If you have scanned the photos to your desktop you just upload them to
your account. Pretty easy.

"Bubba"

http://www.4shared.com/photo/0dIR9wlb/Bubba.html

--

Mack A. Damia
January 7th 15, 03:47 AM
> wrote:

>On Tue, 6 Jan 2015 19:26:25 -0800 (PST), Super Man
> wrote:
>
>>How do i share my cat photos on Google groups
>
>I don't think you can, but somebody may correct me.
>
>Newsgroups are either text or binary, and this is a text group.

"Google Groups does not carry the “binary” Usenet newsgroups".

http://www.techsono.com/usenet/faqs/download-files-google-groups

--

Super Man
January 7th 15, 07:35 PM

Mack A. Damia
January 7th 15, 08:04 PM
On Wed, 7 Jan 2015 11:35:32 -0800 (PST), Super Man
> wrote:

>Would i be able to send photos to the group by the group email

No. What email address would you use?

If you want to send them to me, I will upload them to my file-sharing
site, but you could do that yourself if you opened an account. It is
fairly simple to do.

--

Xyzzy the Magicat
January 8th 15, 12:49 PM
Super Man wrote:
> How do i share my cat photos on Google groups

I'm new but thought I'd answer. :-) You'd have to upload your photos to a site
for sharing them. I use hosting sites that give fairly short links directly to
photos or albums. I use TinyPic, ImgUr, and ImgBox -- all .com sites. Here's 3
of my pics to match:

http://oi61.tinypic.com/hts6sl.jpg
Azrael rears & paws the air for attention (or treats)

http://i.imgbox.com/abi8XYUI.jpg
Casey drunk on catnip on my desk

http://i.imgur.com/xLWdb7a.jpg
Fuzzy in 1998: "What the flock?!"