PDA

View Full Version : Modern LED headlamps are ready for prime time

John Doe[_2_]
February 12th 15, 09:41 PM
To be perfectly clear, I'm talking about the Fenix HL55 headlamp. It
uses a Cree XM-L2 T6 LED.

Up until now, I have been a hardened skeptic when it comes to LED
flashlights. I was turned off by early attempts that produced crappy
looking dim light. Not anymore!

As described in my last post, it is powerful. When I started looking at
headlamps online, I realized that it's something I should of had a long
time ago even when they were crappy. Now it's a no-brainer. It's great
for cleaning and doing projects.

Perhaps more importantly... It's great for working on your cat. Like if
you need to clip an aggressive cat's claws. No more trying to position
the flashlight and the cat's paws just right so that I can see what I'm
doing. Precision is important especially when you're clipping their
claws. A headlamp makes it easy. And obviously it will work for other
cat related stuff.

John Doe[_2_]
March 13th 15, 03:11 AM
Great stuff. All sorts of uses. At nighttime, I just heard a cat scuffle
outside. Donned the headlamp. Stepped outside and looked across the
lawn. Even in the light's periphery, I can see their little eyes light
up. It's like having x-ray vision. I suspect the ability to so easily
see cat's eyes has something to do with the wavelength of light that the
LED produces.