PDA

View Full Version : wrestling

John Doe[_2_]
March 20th 15, 07:54 PM
I've always enjoyed wrestling (real wrestling, not professional wrestling).
The newcomer female is bigger than my male. And she is a bully. Now they
are warming up to each other, they are frequently wrestling. Most of it is
friendly, but sometimes they get rough. He is probably in it for the pussy,
but she is a relentless player. I love it. I will plan to keep their claws
clipped to keep the risk of injury down. And see how long it lasts.

Baldoni[_10_]
March 21st 15, 02:45 PM
John Doe used his keyboard to write :
> I've always enjoyed wrestling (real wrestling, not professional wrestling).
> The newcomer female is bigger than my male. And she is a bully. Now they
> are warming up to each other, they are frequently wrestling. Most of it is
> friendly, but sometimes they get rough. He is probably in it for the pussy,
> but she is a relentless player. I love it. I will plan to keep their claws
> clipped to keep the risk of injury down. And see how long it lasts.

I ain't been on these forums for a few years but mentioning clipping
claws used to cause an argument as I recall.

John Doe[_2_]
March 21st 15, 09:18 PM
Baldoni > wrote:

> John Doe write:

>> I've always enjoyed wrestling (real wrestling, not professional
>> wrestling). The newcomer female is bigger than my male. And she is a
>> bully. Now they are warming up to each other, they are frequently
>> wrestling. Most of it is friendly, but sometimes they get rough. He
>> is probably in it for the pussy, but she is a relentless player. I
>> love it. I will plan to keep their claws clipped to keep the risk of
>> injury down. And see how long it lasts.
>
> I ain't been on these forums for a few years but mentioning clipping
> claws used to cause an argument as I recall.

The expression "keep their claws clipped" means that it's being done
repeatedly. Before you argue, you'll need to figure out what exactly you
are arguing about.

dgk
March 23rd 15, 02:46 PM
On Sat, 21 Mar 2015 21:18:32 +0000 (UTC), John Doe
> wrote:

>Baldoni > wrote:
>
>> John Doe write:
>
>>> I've always enjoyed wrestling (real wrestling, not professional
>>> wrestling). The newcomer female is bigger than my male. And she is a
>>> bully. Now they are warming up to each other, they are frequently
>>> wrestling. Most of it is friendly, but sometimes they get rough. He
>>> is probably in it for the pussy, but she is a relentless player. I
>>> love it. I will plan to keep their claws clipped to keep the risk of
>>> injury down. And see how long it lasts.
>>
>> I ain't been on these forums for a few years but mentioning clipping
>> claws used to cause an argument as I recall.
>
>The expression "keep their claws clipped" means that it's being done
>repeatedly. Before you argue, you'll need to figure out what exactly you
>are arguing about.

Clipping claws doesn't usually cause an argument. Declawing (permanent
mutilation) is a no-no.

John Doe[_2_]
March 23rd 15, 04:29 PM
dgk > wrote:

> John Doe > wrote:
>>Baldoni > wrote:
>>> John Doe write:

>>> I ain't been on these forums for a few years but mentioning clipping
>>> claws used to cause an argument as I recall.
>>
>>The expression "keep their claws clipped" means that it's being done
>>repeatedly. Before you argue, you'll need to figure out what exactly
>>you are arguing about.
>
> Clipping claws doesn't usually cause an argument. Declawing (permanent
> mutilation) is a no-no.

You should be replying to be prior author "Baldoni".

Baldoni[_10_]
March 24th 15, 04:20 PM
John Doe laid this down on his screen :
> Baldoni > wrote:
>
>> John Doe write:
>
>>> I've always enjoyed wrestling (real wrestling, not professional
>>> wrestling). The newcomer female is bigger than my male. And she is a
>>> bully. Now they are warming up to each other, they are frequently
>>> wrestling. Most of it is friendly, but sometimes they get rough. He
>>> is probably in it for the pussy, but she is a relentless player. I
>>> love it. I will plan to keep their claws clipped to keep the risk of
>>> injury down. And see how long it lasts.
>>
>> I ain't been on these forums for a few years but mentioning clipping
>> claws used to cause an argument as I recall.
>
> The expression "keep their claws clipped" means that it's being done
> repeatedly. Before you argue, you'll need to figure out what exactly you
> are arguing about.

I won't "argue" over clipping a cat claws it's all a bit pointless !

Baldoni[_10_]
March 24th 15, 04:22 PM
John Doe laid this down on his screen :
> dgk > wrote:
>
>> John Doe > wrote:

>>> The expression "keep their claws clipped" means that it's being done
>>> repeatedly. Before you argue, you'll need to figure out what exactly
>>> you are arguing about.
>>
>> Clipping claws doesn't usually cause an argument. Declawing (permanent
>> mutilation) is a no-no.
>
> You should be replying to be prior author "Baldoni".

I'm so sorry I promise I will never doubt or question anything that you
post ever again !

John Doe[_2_]
March 24th 15, 07:52 PM
Troll...

--
Baldoni <baldonixxv yahoo.com> wrote in news:cndh9eFaqfoU1 mid.individual.net:

> From: Baldoni <baldonixxv yahoo.com>
> Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
> Subject: Re: wrestling
> Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 16:22:05 GMT
>
> John Doe laid this down on his screen :
>> dgk <dgk somewhere.com> wrote:

>>> Clipping claws doesn't usually cause an argument. Declawing (permanent
>>> mutilation) is a no-no.
>>
>> You should be replying to be prior author "Baldoni".
>
> I'm so sorry I promise I will never doubt or question anything that you
> post ever again !

John Doe[_2_]
March 24th 15, 07:55 PM
This troll needs to take a refresher course in ESL...

--
Baldoni <baldonixxv yahoo.com> wrote in news:cndh75Fapo0U1 mid.individual.net:

> From: Baldoni <baldonixxv yahoo.com>
> Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
> Subject: Re: wrestling
> Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 16:20:52 GMT
>
> John Doe laid this down on his screen :
>> Baldoni <baldonixxv yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>> John Doe write:

>>> I ain't been on these forums for a few years but mentioning clipping
>>> claws used to cause an argument as I recall.
>>
>> The expression "keep their claws clipped" means that it's being done
>> repeatedly. Before you argue, you'll need to figure out what exactly you
>> are arguing about.
>
> I won't "argue" over clipping a cat claws it's all a bit pointless !

dgk
March 25th 15, 01:46 PM
On Tue, 24 Mar 2015 16:20:52 GMT, Baldoni >
wrote:

>John Doe laid this down on his screen :
>> Baldoni > wrote:
>>
>>> John Doe write:

>>> I ain't been on these forums for a few years but mentioning clipping
>>> claws used to cause an argument as I recall.
>>
>> The expression "keep their claws clipped" means that it's being done
>> repeatedly. Before you argue, you'll need to figure out what exactly you
>> are arguing about.
>
>I won't "argue" over clipping a cat claws it's all a bit pointless !

I can't get my cats to submit to having their claws clipped. I try
once in a while, and get a few, but they do a pretty good job on the
scratching posts so it really isn't necessary. Mostly I just leave
them alone.

Sylvia M[_3_]
March 25th 15, 04:07 PM
"dgk" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 24 Mar 2015 16:20:52 GMT, Baldoni >
> wrote:
>
>>John Doe laid this down on his screen :

>>> The expression "keep their claws clipped" means that it's being done
>>> repeatedly. Before you argue, you'll need to figure out what exactly
>>> you
>>> are arguing about.
>>
>>I won't "argue" over clipping a cat claws it's all a bit pointless !
>
> I can't get my cats to submit to having their claws clipped. I try
> once in a while, and get a few, but they do a pretty good job on the
> scratching posts so it really isn't necessary. Mostly I just leave
> them alone.

When I had an inside-outside cat, I never had to clip.
She used trees with thick bark. Never wore them down.
It takes 3 of us to get Pit2nya clipped...one to hold blanketed,
on one to scuff, and me to clip, and trim hair between toes that
she otherwise pulls at as though they bother her.

Otherwise we get bleedy when she climbs our legs to sit on
our laps and knead.

John Doe[_2_]
March 26th 15, 07:45 PM
dgk > wrote:

> I can't get my cats to submit to having their claws clipped. I try
> once in a while, and get a few, but they do a pretty good job on the
> scratching posts so it really isn't necessary. Mostly I just leave
> them alone.

Since cats shed their claws (husks), they will be very sharp immediately
after shedding.

At least up to this point, I haven't had to force the issue. I always go
in with the attitude that the job doesn't have to be completed in one
effort.

And more recently using a headlamp helps a lot. No more fiddling around
with a flashlight, you can see precisely what you're doing. Wearing a
headlamp might not look good to the cat but I wear it often enough now
that maybe they are getting used to it. Sometimes clipping their claws
is a struggle, but I try to go with the flow, like clipping their claws
while they are standing on their hind legs... Possibly helpful is to
clip them where they lie, especially if they were taking a nap. Talk
gently. That kind of thing. Sitting on them helps too. As everybody here
knows, if they think they are free to run, they will run. When it's
over, I soothe them and release them slowly.

John Doe[_2_]
March 26th 15, 07:49 PM
"Sylvia M" > wrote:

> Otherwise we get bleedy when she climbs our legs to sit on our laps
> and knead.

Yes, in addition to deterring a bully, that's one of the best reasons to
clip them IMO. Saves on clothing.

Sylvia M[_3_]
March 27th 15, 12:19 AM
"John Doe" > wrote in message

>> I can't get my cats to submit to having their claws clipped. I try
>> once in a while, and get a few, but they do a pretty good job on the
>> scratching posts so it really isn't necessary. Mostly I just leave
>> them alone.
>
> Since cats shed their claws (husks), they will be very sharp immediately
> after shedding.
>
> At least up to this point, I haven't had to force the issue. I always go
> in with the attitude that the job doesn't have to be completed in one
> effort.
>
> And more recently using a headlamp helps a lot. No more fiddling around
> with a flashlight, you can see precisely what you're doing. Wearing a
> headlamp might not look good to the cat but I wear it often enough now
> that maybe they are getting used to it. Sometimes clipping their claws
> is a struggle, but I try to go with the flow, like clipping their claws
> while they are standing on their hind legs... Possibly helpful is to
> clip them where they lie, especially if they were taking a nap. Talk
> gently. That kind of thing. Sitting on them helps too. As everybody here
> knows, if they think they are free to run, they will run. When it's
> over, I soothe them and release them slowly.

Pit2nya is used to getting a 5 pouncy treat after the clipping.
She goes right to the spot the are given,
after being (a brat-cat while being) clipped

John Doe[_2_]
June 12th 15, 04:48 AM
It didn't turn out very well, especially for my half pint size Calico. The
bully made their lives miserable.

> I've always enjoyed wrestling (real wrestling, not professional
> wrestling). The newcomer female is bigger than my male. And she is a
> bully. Now they are warming up to each other, they are frequently
> wrestling. Most of it is friendly, but sometimes they get rough. He is
> probably in it for the pussy, but she is a relentless player. I love
> it. I will plan to keep their claws clipped to keep the risk of injury
> down. And see how long it lasts.

obsidianjg
June 12th 15, 06:46 PM
On Thursday, June 11, 2015 at 11:49:44 PM UTC-4, John Doe wrote:
> It didn't turn out very well, especially for my half pint size Calico. The
> bully made their lives miserable.

So, what are you planning to do?

John Doe[_2_]
June 13th 15, 05:04 AM
obsidianjg > wrote:

> John Doe wrote:

>> It didn't turn out very well, especially for my half pint size
>> Calico. The bully made their lives miserable.
>
> So, what are you planning to do?

Cope.