PDA

View Full Version : Constipation

CatNipped[_6_]
March 20th 15, 09:06 PM
I've heard that pumpkin is good for constipation in cats, but I have no idea how to get him to eat it. Are there any other remedies I could try?

John Doe[_2_]
March 20th 15, 09:20 PM
CatNipped > wrote:

> I've heard that pumpkin is good for constipation in cats, but I have
> no idea how to get him to eat it. Are there any other remedies I
> could try?

I would think that Vaseline will work. But be coy about it at first,
like giving it a whiff of the Vaseline as your finger passes by. Within
short time, it should lick the Vaseline right off of your finger. Don't
know why, but they like it.

--

Please get a real newsreader.

John Doe[_2_]
March 20th 15, 09:21 PM
Also, make sure it has plenty of clean water. Water is just as important as
fiber for solving constipation.

buglady[_2_]
March 20th 15, 10:05 PM
On 3/20/2015 5:06 PM, CatNipped wrote:
> I've heard that pumpkin is good for constipation in cats, but I have no idea how to get him to eat it.

......You only need about 1/4 to 1/2 tsp per day. Put in wet food. If
all you feed is dry food, it's a good time to stop. Cats just don't
have the thirst drive that dogs do and dry food dries them up.

buglady
take out the dog before replying

CatNipped[_6_]
March 21st 15, 12:54 AM
All my clowder eat canned food. I put about a little less than a teaspoon in his canned food and he ate the who thing.

Background, last weekend he started a blockage in his urinary tract and Monday was catheterized and kept overnight until Wednesday evening. He only ate just a little food at the vest, but since Wednesday night has been eating his usual two cans a day.

MaryL[_2_]
March 21st 15, 02:11 AM
"John Doe" wrote in message ...

CatNipped > wrote:

> I've heard that pumpkin is good for constipation in cats, but I have
> no idea how to get him to eat it. Are there any other remedies I
> could try?

I would think that Vaseline will work. But be coy about it at first,
like giving it a whiff of the Vaseline as your finger passes by. Within
short time, it should lick the Vaseline right off of your finger. Don't
know why, but they like it.
--
~~~~~~
Vaseline is not good for cats. It might cure the constipation, but it

MaryL

Sylvia M[_3_]
March 22nd 15, 09:02 PM
"CatNipped" > wrote in message
> I've heard that pumpkin is good for constipation in cats, but I have no
> idea how to get him to eat it. Are there any other remedies I could try?

I used Petromalt in a tube. I think the Mineral Oil did the trick.
Its one of the few things she'll take from my finger or straight from the
tube. Tried another brand once, no luck.

Sylvia

Mack A. Damia
March 23rd 15, 03:14 AM
On Sun, 22 Mar 2015 14:02:47 -0700, "Sylvia M" >
wrote:

>"CatNipped" > wrote in message
>> I've heard that pumpkin is good for constipation in cats, but I have no
>> idea how to get him to eat it. Are there any other remedies I could try?
>
>I used Petromalt in a tube. I think the Mineral Oil did the trick.
>Its one of the few things she'll take from my finger or straight from the
>tube. Tried another brand once, no luck.

Vaseline petroleum jelly works just as well if not better.