PDA

View Full Version : Re: My hard-core feral

William Vetter
May 4th 15, 07:00 PM
John Doe wrote:
> It's the weirdest thing. If anything in its area is changed, takes weeks
> getting used to it. It's the only cat that has not used their skyway.
> The only exception is for getting up to and down from its loft. There
> are two exit/entry directions it can go on the skyway, left or right. It
> always goes one way. I once forced it to go the other way when cleaning
> the area, but it was a traumatic experience. That's not just because
> it's afraid of me. Recently, it has ventured into the room I'm in and
> even not far from my chair. Strange that it gets along with other cats
> more or less just fine. When I'm in bed and it's free to roam, it never
> uses the skyway then, either.

Cats are very involved with smells. Does the catwalk you built smell
like new paint? Have the other cats marked it?

John Doe[_2_]
May 4th 15, 07:05 PM
William Vetter > wrote:

> John Doe wrote:

>> It's the weirdest thing. If anything in its area is changed, takes
>> weeks getting used to it. It's the only cat that has not used their
>> skyway. The only exception is for getting up to and down from its
>> loft. There are two exit/entry directions it can go on the skyway,
>> left or right. It always goes one way. I once forced it to go the
>> other way when cleaning the area, but it was a traumatic experience.
>> That's not just because it's afraid of me. Recently, it has ventured
>> into the room I'm in and even not far from my chair. Strange that it
>> gets along with other cats more or less just fine. When I'm in bed
>> and it's free to roam, it never uses the skyway then, either.
>
> Cats are very involved with smells. Does the catwalk you built smell
> like new paint? Have the other cats marked it?

It's unpainted wood like you get fresh from a hardware store. The feral
is demented. Luckily it is comfortable with the other cats, otherwise it
would have no reason to live.

John Doe[_2_]
May 4th 15, 07:06 PM
The feral has been here for eight years.