PDA

View Full Version : the eternal poop scoop

John Doe[_2_]
August 15th 15, 11:36 PM
I've had this poop scoop for at least 20 years. A testament to modern
plastic. It's scooped tons of heavy clay litter. I recall buying it from
the local megastore. It's huge and made entirely with one type of plastic.
The background is a standard size paper towel.

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5707/19983616994_9aeb4c54c4_b.jpg

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5800/20606176185_6707240a0e_b.jpg

John Doe[_2_]
August 17th 15, 03:04 AM
Zob <zobva1 @ gmail.com> wrote:

> John Doe > wrote:
>
>>I've had this poop scoop for at least 20 years. A testament to modern
>>plastic. It's scooped tons of heavy clay litter. I recall buying it
>>from the local megastore. It's huge and made entirely with one type of
>>plastic. The background is a standard size paper towel.
>>
>>https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5707/19983616994_9aeb4c54c4_b.jpg
>>
>>https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5800/20606176185_6707240a0e_b.jpg
>
> I've never had any luck with these plastic scoops, they just don't
> hold up for me. I guess it's a YMMV type of thing.

Did you bother looking at the pictures?

It's a "comparing apples to oranges" type of thing.

No telling what you mean by "these plastic scoops". There are jillions
of different types of plastic. Some plastics wear better than steel.
Modern plastics do miracles, but of course they must be matched to the
task. The single word line in The Graduate (1967) "PLASTICS" was
prophetic. To this day, engineers are still innovating plastics.

Also, of course, it must be well designed and molded. The one in the
pictures I bought over 20 years ago is well structured/reinforced.

John Doe[_2_]
August 17th 15, 06:45 AM
Zob <zobva1 @ gmail.com> wrote:

> John Doe > wrote:
>>Zob <zobva1 @ gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I've never had any luck with these plastic scoops, they just don't
>>> hold up for me. I guess it's a YMMV type of thing.
>>
>>Did you bother looking at the pictures?
>>
>>It's a "comparing apples to oranges" type of thing.
>>
>>No telling what you mean by "these plastic scoops". There are jillions
>>of different types of plastic. Some plastics wear better than steel.
>>Modern plastics do miracles, but of course they must be matched to the
>>task. The single word line in The Graduate (1967) "PLASTICS" was
>>prophetic. To this day, engineers are still innovating plastics.
>>
>>Also, of course, it must be well designed and molded. The one in the
>>pictures I bought over 20 years ago is well structured/reinforced.
>
> I guess you don't understand the meaning of "YMMV." No need to get
> feathers (or rather, fur) ruffled over a difference in personal
> preference for litter scoops ;-)

I'm talking about facts, not personal preferences.

Did you bother looking at the pictures?

whisky-dave
August 18th 15, 12:08 PM
On Monday, 17 August 2015 06:47:01 UTC+1, John Doe wrote:
> Zob <zobva1 @ gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > John Doe > wrote:

> >>Did you bother looking at the pictures?
> >>
> >>It's a "comparing apples to oranges" type of thing.
> >>
> >>No telling what you mean by "these plastic scoops". There are jillions
> >>of different types of plastic. Some plastics wear better than steel.
> >>Modern plastics do miracles, but of course they must be matched to the
> >>task. The single word line in The Graduate (1967) "PLASTICS" was
> >>prophetic. To this day, engineers are still innovating plastics.
> >>
> >>Also, of course, it must be well designed and molded. The one in the
> >>pictures I bought over 20 years ago is well structured/reinforced.
> >
> > I guess you don't understand the meaning of "YMMV." No need to get
> > feathers (or rather, fur) ruffled over a difference in personal
> > preference for litter scoops ;-)
>
> I'm talking about facts, not personal preferences.
>
> Did you bother looking at the pictures?

I've got a 3D printer I wonder what options there are for making my own.