PDA

View Full Version : cat litter


my
August 18th 15, 04:47 PM
is the light weight cat litter any good

obsidianjg
August 19th 15, 02:51 AM
On Tuesday, August 18, 2015 at 11:47:18 AM UTC-4, my wrote:
> is the light weight cat litter any good

I use Cat's Pride unscented light weight and I (and my cats) like it. It is as good as any other clumping litter I used and it really is lighter.

buglady[_2_]
August 19th 15, 04:22 PM
On 8/18/2015 9:51 PM, obsidianjg wrote:
> On Tuesday, August 18, 2015 at 11:47:18 AM UTC-4, my wrote:
>> is the light weight cat litter any good
>
> I use Cat's Pride unscented light weight and I (and my cats) like it. It is as good as any other clumping litter I used and it really is lighter.

........but if a cat habitually uses a side of the box to step in and
out, the box tips over as it's "light". If you have low sided boxes and
no "high" pee-ers, then you're golden.

buglady
take out the dog before replying

obsidianjg
August 19th 15, 09:05 PM
On Wednesday, August 19, 2015 at 11:22:30 AM UTC-4, buglady wrote:
> On 8/18/2015 9:51 PM, obsidianjg wrote:
> > On Tuesday, August 18, 2015 at 11:47:18 AM UTC-4, my wrote:
> >> is the light weight cat litter any good
> >
> > I use Cat's Pride unscented light weight and I (and my cats) like it. It is as good as any other clumping litter I used and it really is lighter.
>
> .......but if a cat habitually uses a side of the box to step in and
> out, the box tips over as it's "light". If you have low sided boxes and
> no "high" pee-ers, then you're golden.
>
> buglady
> take out the dog before replying

I think the stuff is not that light. It is only 25% lighter than normal clay litter. But I admit, I have low sided boxes and no trouble with my cats missing the target.

John Doe[_2_]
August 19th 15, 11:39 PM
my > wrote:

> is the light weight cat litter any good

Some of them are extremely dusty. Doesn't matter what they say, they all
say they are "99% dust free" but they lie.

The last one I tried was "World's Best Cat Litter". It's dusty as hell.
People who say it isn't dusty need to replace their lightbulb. We're
talking plumes of dust. Just like another lightweight litter I tried
years ago. It's a shame since of course they are light and easier to
handle.

whisky-dave
August 20th 15, 03:54 PM
On Wednesday, 19 August 2015 23:41:43 UTC+1, John Doe wrote:
> my > wrote:
>
> > is the light weight cat litter any good
>
> Some of them are extremely dusty. Doesn't matter what they say, they all
> say they are "99% dust free" but they lie.
>
> The last one I tried was "World's Best Cat Litter". It's dusty as hell.
> People who say it isn't dusty need to replace their lightbulb. We're
> talking plumes of dust. Just like another lightweight litter I tried
> years ago. It's a shame since of course they are light and easier to
> handle.

I use thomas cat litter I've found that teh amount of dust is proportional to the height that I tip it into the tray, and sometimes it's more dusty than others so could be down to batches.

August 31st 15, 01:22 AM
We use the blue crystals. I would consider them light weight.We love them and so do our cats. We have 2 cats,I sift the litter day and the litter last a month. It has No Odor but the liter changes from blue to having a yellow tint and that is when I change it.

my
September 2nd 15, 06:45 PM
On Tuesday, August 18, 2015 at 11:47:18 AM UTC-4, my wrote:
> is the light weight cat litter any good


i use light weight scoop away cats never miss the boxes