PDA

View Full Version : Animal cruelty Re: Correcting a bully (not for namby-pamby types)

Ross
October 20th 15, 07:42 PM
Jakeeisks wrote:

> So, to give my other cats some breathing room during the day, enter
> packaging tape. I put the bully cat's leg in a sling for an hour, maybe
> twice a day. Alternating legs, to help prevent strain at first. The tape
> goes around the back of its head and around one or the other leg, as
> loosely as possible but not so loose that it can get out of it. Also, I
> fold the tape over at the end so it is easy to remove.
>So far it's going well. The other cats have a chance to play and it's so
> much easier to be nice to the bully when I know it's not constantly
> terrorizing them. The bully is learning to walk on three legs. Can't
> wait to see if it learns to be a bully on three legs, but I doubt it.
>If you are in a similar situation but are squeamish about that method,
> you can probably accomplish the same by separating the bully cat from
> your other cats for the same time periods. Or you could put it in a
> cage. Depending on how this goes in the long run, I will consider doing
> something else. But the cage is more restrictive, and a separate room
> doesn't allow the bully to at least see what's going on.

This is barbaric. I'm sure San Antonio has a humane society that
can be contacted...

Christina Websell
October 20th 15, 09:58 PM
"Ross" > wrote in message
> Jakeeisks wrote:
>
>> So, to give my other cats some breathing room during the day, enter
>> packaging tape. I put the bully cat's leg in a sling for an hour, maybe
>> twice a day. Alternating legs, to help prevent strain at first. The tape
>> goes around the back of its head and around one or the other leg, as
>> loosely as possible but not so loose that it can get out of it. Also, I
>> fold the tape over at the end so it is easy to remove.
>>So far it's going well. The other cats have a chance to play and it's so
>> much easier to be nice to the bully when I know it's not constantly
>> terrorizing them. The bully is learning to walk on three legs. Can't
>> wait to see if it learns to be a bully on three legs, but I doubt it.
>>If you are in a similar situation but are squeamish about that method,
>> you can probably accomplish the same by separating the bully cat from
>> your other cats for the same time periods. Or you could put it in a
>> cage. Depending on how this goes in the long run, I will consider doing
>> something else. But the cage is more restrictive, and a separate room
>> doesn't allow the bully to at least see what's going on.
>
> This is barbaric. I'm sure San Antonio has a humane society that
> can be contacted...

don't respond to him - he is winding you up.

Christina Websell
October 26th 15, 11:31 PM
"Ross" > wrote in message
> Jakeeisks wrote:
>
>> So, to give my other cats some breathing room during the day, enter
>> packaging tape. I put the bully cat's leg in a sling for an hour, maybe
>> twice a day. Alternating legs, to help prevent strain at first. The tape
>> goes around the back of its head and around one or the other leg, as
>> loosely as possible but not so loose that it can get out of it. Also, I
>> fold the tape over at the end so it is easy to remove.
>>So far it's going well. The other cats have a chance to play and it's so
>> much easier to be nice to the bully when I know it's not constantly
>> terrorizing them. The bully is learning to walk on three legs. Can't
>> wait to see if it learns to be a bully on three legs, but I doubt it.
>>If you are in a similar situation but are squeamish about that method,
>> you can probably accomplish the same by separating the bully cat from
>> your other cats for the same time periods. Or you could put it in a
>> cage. Depending on how this goes in the long run, I will consider doing
>> something else. But the cage is more restrictive, and a separate room
>> doesn't allow the bully to at least see what's going on.
>
> This is barbaric. I'm sure San Antonio has a humane society that
> can be contacted...

Please do not respond, he just likes to wind us up.