PDA

View Full Version : Jellicle Ball 2015 begins

Sundance and/or Rebecca
October 27th 15, 06:59 PM
Good eevnin, kitteez an frenz. Welkum to Jellicle Ball 2015. Itz gud to see yoo awl heer in dis yooneek place. Iznt it bootiful? I hope yoo awl sined da gestbuk and taked a ranebow hankee.

Az usual, da list uv namez seemz furry long dis yeer, an reedin it remindz ussez uv da luv an happiness dat we had wif owrown departid frenz. We missez owrown frenz furry much, but Bast allotz eech kittee a sertin amownt uv time heer on Erf. She haz herown reezinz fur dis, reezinz dat we may nevver know. Sum uf ussez are blessed to hab long lifez, an sum haz only a short life. In eedur kase, when dat time iz dun we must leev owrown frenz an fambliez heer an joyn doze hoo watez fur ussez at da Rainbow Bridge.

Of korse, it iz not only da departid hoo watez. We, too, watez heer to joyn dem. But I wud say dat it iz not gud to spend tootoo much time waitin. Bof at da Brij an heer on Erf, dere iz much to do, mennee wunnerful esperiencez to hab, an I beleevz dat kitteez in bof placez wantz awl dere lubbed wunz to be happee. So wile we missez dem an are sad fur a liddle time when dey leavez, wee needz to rememfur to hab a gud life wile we iz heer.

[Rebecca pauses]

Befur we purrceedz wif da serrymoniez, let me tell yurownselvez abowt da skejool fur dis eevnin. Soon, we will hav da callin of da namez by Daisy-chan.. Dat will be heer in da kave. After dat, a loo-ow will be served owtside by lokal kitteez. Dey haz purrpared mennee lokal dellycaciez fur ussez to try, and dey also haz awl of da komoonitee's fafurit fudz. Yoo kan eet in da area purrvided owtside, or yoo kan eet heer in da kave.

Durin da loo-ow, enneewun hoo wantz to iz welkum to kum to da stage an giv a tribyoot. In kase ennee uv yurownselvez iz noo to da Jellicle Ball, a tribyoot iz a liddle speech abowt a departid luvved wun. It kan be fur a luvved wun hoo wuz kalled in the list, or wun hoo wuznt. Namez kan be added to da list until da final kallin at da end of da Ball. Dere are speekerz set up in da loo-ow area so dat kittiez attendin da loo-ow kan heer tribyoots frum dere.

Later dis eevnin, if Bast iz willin, we hopez to be abul to see da Rainbow Bridge and owrown deer departid frenz wavin to ussez frum dere. I hopez yoo will awl joyn in da tradishunal singin uv Cat Anjil, an we hopez to heer da departid frenz sing bak to ussez. Dat iz alwaze a furry moovin part of da Jellicle Ball.

An now, pleez pay respeckful attenshun wile Daisy-chan calls dis yeer'z namez.

[Rebecca smiles at Daisy-chan, and goes to take her seat next to a smart-looking Havana Brown mancat.]

cshenk
October 28th 15, 12:16 AM
Sundance and/or Rebecca wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

> Good eevnin, kitteez an frenz. Welkum to Jellicle Ball 2015. Itz gud
> to see yoo awl heer in dis yooneek place. Iznt it bootiful? I hope
> yoo awl sined da gestbuk and taked a ranebow hankee.
>
> Az usual, da list uv namez seemz furry long dis yeer, an reedin it
> remindz ussez uv da luv an happiness dat we had wif owrown departid
> frenz. We missez owrown frenz furry much, but Bast allotz eech kittee
> a sertin amownt uv time heer on Erf. She haz herown reezinz fur dis,
> reezinz dat we may nevver know. Sum uf ussez are blessed to hab long
> lifez, an sum haz only a short life. In eedur kase, when dat time iz
> dun we must leev owrown frenz an fambliez heer an joyn doze hoo watez
> fur ussez at da Rainbow Bridge.
>
> Of korse, it iz not only da departid hoo watez. We, too, watez heer
> to joyn dem. But I wud say dat it iz not gud to spend tootoo much
> time waitin. Bof at da Brij an heer on Erf, dere iz much to do,
> mennee wunnerful esperiencez to hab, an I beleevz dat kitteez in bof
> placez wantz awl dere lubbed wunz to be happee. So wile we missez dem
> an are sad fur a liddle time when dey leavez, wee needz to rememfur
> to hab a gud life wile we iz heer.
>
> [Rebecca pauses]
>
> Befur we purrceedz wif da serrymoniez, let me tell yurownselvez abowt
> da skejool fur dis eevnin. Soon, we will hav da callin of da namez by
> Daisy-chan. Dat will be heer in da kave. After dat, a loo-ow will be
> served owtside by lokal kitteez. Dey haz purrpared mennee lokal
> dellycaciez fur ussez to try, and dey also haz awl of da komoonitee's
> fafurit fudz. Yoo kan eet in da area purrvided owtside, or yoo kan
> eet heer in da kave.
>
> Durin da loo-ow, enneewun hoo wantz to iz welkum to kum to da stage
> an giv a tribyoot. In kase ennee uv yurownselvez iz noo to da
> Jellicle Ball, a tribyoot iz a liddle speech abowt a departid luvved
> wun. It kan be fur a luvved wun hoo wuz kalled in the list, or wun
> hoo wuznt. Namez kan be added to da list until da final kallin at da
> end of da Ball. Dere are speekerz set up in da loo-ow area so dat
> kittiez attendin da loo-ow kan heer tribyoots frum dere.
>
> Later dis eevnin, if Bast iz willin, we hopez to be abul to see da
> Rainbow Bridge and owrown deer departid frenz wavin to ussez frum
> dere. I hopez yoo will awl joyn in da tradishunal singin uv Cat
> Anjil, an we hopez to heer da departid frenz sing bak to ussez. Dat
> iz alwaze a furry moovin part of da Jellicle Ball.
>
> An now, pleez pay respeckful attenshun wile Daisy-chan calls dis
> yeer'z namez.
>
> [Rebecca smiles at Daisy-chan, and goes to take her seat next to a
> smart-looking Havana Brown mancat.]

Daisy-chan, looking just a little nervous clutches some papers with
little holes in them.

'Fur all attendees, please take a glow stick with you into the cave.
Wez not have the candle site now so as I reads the names, you will
raise your glow stick. It is time', the moon is soon rising'.

Kittahs and others filter into a room light well enough and find
pillows, mats and other things about. Cash snags one at the entrance
and waits as folks sign in and find a perch they like. He catchs the
deaf ones and lets them know he will repeat in ASL-C/D. A few perch at
the back, happy to fully 'hear' it all for once.

As they settle in and Daisy-chan heads to the podium, Cash repeats the
opening from Rebecca for them then stands back respectfully.

--

cshenk
October 28th 15, 12:20 AM
Sundance and/or Rebecca wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

> Good eevnin, kitteez an frenz. Welkum to Jellicle Ball 2015. Itz gud
> to see yoo awl heer in dis yooneek place. Iznt it bootiful? I hope
> yoo awl sined da gestbuk and taked a ranebow hankee.
>
> Az usual, da list uv namez seemz furry long dis yeer, an reedin it
> remindz ussez uv da luv an happiness dat we had wif owrown departid
> frenz. We missez owrown frenz furry much, but Bast allotz eech kittee
> a sertin amownt uv time heer on Erf. She haz herown reezinz fur dis,
> reezinz dat we may nevver know. Sum uf ussez are blessed to hab long
> lifez, an sum haz only a short life. In eedur kase, when dat time iz
> dun we must leev owrown frenz an fambliez heer an joyn doze hoo watez
> fur ussez at da Rainbow Bridge.
>
> Of korse, it iz not only da departid hoo watez. We, too, watez heer
> to joyn dem. But I wud say dat it iz not gud to spend tootoo much
> time waitin. Bof at da Brij an heer on Erf, dere iz much to do,
> mennee wunnerful esperiencez to hab, an I beleevz dat kitteez in bof
> placez wantz awl dere lubbed wunz to be happee. So wile we missez dem
> an are sad fur a liddle time when dey leavez, wee needz to rememfur
> to hab a gud life wile we iz heer.
>
> [Rebecca pauses]
>
> Befur we purrceedz wif da serrymoniez, let me tell yurownselvez abowt
> da skejool fur dis eevnin. Soon, we will hav da callin of da namez by
> Daisy-chan. Dat will be heer in da kave. After dat, a loo-ow will be
> served owtside by lokal kitteez. Dey haz purrpared mennee lokal
> dellycaciez fur ussez to try, and dey also haz awl of da komoonitee's
> fafurit fudz. Yoo kan eet in da area purrvided owtside, or yoo kan
> eet heer in da kave.
>
> Durin da loo-ow, enneewun hoo wantz to iz welkum to kum to da stage
> an giv a tribyoot. In kase ennee uv yurownselvez iz noo to da
> Jellicle Ball, a tribyoot iz a liddle speech abowt a departid luvved
> wun. It kan be fur a luvved wun hoo wuz kalled in the list, or wun
> hoo wuznt. Namez kan be added to da list until da final kallin at da
> end of da Ball. Dere are speekerz set up in da loo-ow area so dat
> kittiez attendin da loo-ow kan heer tribyoots frum dere.
>
> Later dis eevnin, if Bast iz willin, we hopez to be abul to see da
> Rainbow Bridge and owrown deer departid frenz wavin to ussez frum
> dere. I hopez yoo will awl joyn in da tradishunal singin uv Cat
> Anjil, an we hopez to heer da departid frenz sing bak to ussez. Dat
> iz alwaze a furry moovin part of da Jellicle Ball.
>
> An now, pleez pay respeckful attenshun wile Daisy-chan calls dis
> yeer'z namez.
>
> [Rebecca smiles at Daisy-chan, and goes to take her seat next to a
> smart-looking Havana Brown mancat.]

[A small white cat with emerald eyes glances at the entrance and nods.
It is time. She is wearing an amber necklace with a small pendant of a
winged green garden snake. She climbs the dais and reaches the podium
as the moon slips above the horizon to shine softly into the Hawaiian
cave, symbolic this time to the womb of Bast, where all cats came from.
Guests and others who have lost loved ones, fall silent. She sets her
list down and looks straight to the guests as she reads it in braille
with her paws. At the entrance, a dog repeats it in ASL-C/D. He is
well lit by the moon]

Good evening, sirs and maíamís, and a special thank you to the
residents of this wonderful place, Hawaii isn't a place, it's a piece
of the heart.

Welcome, all, to the twentieth annual Jellicle Ball!

Each October, at sundown of the evening of the first full moon, we
gather to pay tribute to our dear ones who have taken their final
journey in the year just past.

With hearts full of sorrow and abiding love, we treasure the memories
of the time they shared and the memories which are forever ours.

Much richer for having known and loved, much better for the lessons
learned, we smile despite our grief.

As always, the first name called represents those whose names we did
not know, those lost or tossed, taken through illness or abuse or
nature's fury.

We stand in silent thought, and send our hopes that they have found
peace and love at last.

[There is a short pause, then guests rise their glowsticks like candles
in memory. Her paw slides to the lighting controls and slowly lowers
the lights, at last lowering the one over the podium. Light of the
moon shines in from the entrance.]

We call their names, family members, dear friends, respected
strangers...our Jellicle Honorees:

Unknown Kitties, House of Bast

Phoebe, House of Armstrong
Charlie, House of Babcock
Buffy, House of Baldwin
Mandy, House of Baldwin
Misty, House of Baldwin
Bobby Boo House of Batson
Petey, House of Batson
Vamp Kitteh, House of Chez Shenks
Radar, House of Condon
Weegie, House of Condon
Alice Ann Madre, House of David
Charlotte, House of David
Chuy Rex, House of David
Ralph de Ralph, House of David
Oscar, House of Gilliat
Lil Red Boy, House of Gittel
Tiny Mom, House of Gittel
Dusty, House of Harris
Booker, House of Julie
Sharyn (Lana), House of Long
Bear, House of Mishi
Chet, House of Mishi
Ewok, House of Mishi
Leia, House of Mishi
John, House of Mishi
Julius, House of Mishi
Sasquatch, House of Mishi
Sweet Pea, House of Mishi
Tobi, House of Mishi
Peyton, House of Maveety
Shannon, House of Maveety
BJ, House of Miller
Angel Kittens, House of Miller
Lil'Bit, House of Miller
Maestro, House of Miller
Spirit, House of Miller
Stewart, House of Miller
Tiny Kitten, House of Miller
Vesta, House of Miller
Duncan, House of Moore
Cinnamon, House of Rennie
Diana, House of Rennie
Galaxy, House of Rennie
Whisper, House of Rennie
Hyacinth, House of Scaldini-Klimm
Jimmy, House of Scaldini-Klimm
Kiki, House of Shelton
Richie Redhead, House of Smith
Beau Wah-Wah, Houses of Stapley and Gerber
Alabama, House of Stapley
Georgia, House of Stapley
Gold, House of Stapley
Myrrh, House of Stapley
Texas, House of Stapley
Andy, House of Stacy
Buddy, House of Stacy
Pickles, House of Stacy
Pandora Pussycat, House of Wikler-Cook
Cassie, House of Zahari

[A moment of silence with weeping guests ensues then a paw reaches over
and slides the lights slowly back up]

The podium is now yours my friends. Please step forward with any
tributes you wish to give.

--

Renee[_2_]
October 28th 15, 01:55 AM

Now, furr my brofurr, Boo. As kittens, wee were rescued frum under the bushes, owtside hur howse, by a nice lady who lived wiff hur Mom. They hadda d*g that didnt like kittens so wee hadta find a noo home. The nice lady found the 7 C's rescue kitty group at the college an Meowmie Renťe sed shee wud find uz homes. Aftur losing Otis Spunkmeyer an Dommie, boff Meowmie an Paw were furry sad but wen Boo an I came along, wee filled their shooz (pawz) in such a wunderful way cuz Meowmie sed I wuz sew much like Otis an Boo wuz like Dommie that it wuz ment tew bee. Sew wee boaf beecame Batson Cats! Uncle Petey wuz there as nurse cat tew help uz recovur frum our fixed wen nawt broken surgeriez. Meowmie noo then that Petey wuz a nurse cat furr sure.. Wee moved tew a noo bigbigbig houze an had lotz uf room tew play an run. Then, lazt Thankgiving Eve, Boo went missing. I kept telling him nawt tew listen tew thuh bulliez wen they sed notty fingz but hee wuz the Deputy (I am Sheriff) sew hee felt hee had tew proteckt uz all. Aftur monthz uf Meowmie searching thuh whole nayburhood an moor, they finally fownd him, undur the porch. Poor Boo. Meowmie cryed an cryed an cryed in myown furrz an cryed sum moor. Hiz ashes are next tew Peteys on the mantle. Boo wuz Meowmies bonded/heart cat. They were furryfurry close, espeshully the last week, befurr hee went missing an she is thankful furr that speshul time. I will miss my brofurr an always keep him in my heart.

Max wipes his eyes and sits down next to Mattie and Hunnybun, offering them each soft, white handkerchiefs to dry their tears.

cshenk
October 28th 15, 02:21 AM
Renee wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

> [...]
> furr sure. Wee moved tew a noo bigbigbig houze an had lotz uf room
> tew play an run. Then, lazt Thankgiving Eve, Boo went missing. I
> kept telling him nawt tew listen tew thuh bulliez wen they sed notty
> fingz but hee wuz the Deputy (I am Sheriff) sew hee felt hee had tew
> proteckt uz all. Aftur monthz uf Meowmie searching thuh whole
> nayburhood an moor, they finally fownd him, undur the porch. Poor
> Boo. Meowmie cryed an cryed an cryed in myown furrz an cryed sum
> moor. Hiz ashes are next tew Peteys on the mantle. Boo wuz Meowmies
> bonded/heart cat. They were furryfurry close, espeshully the last
> week, befurr hee went missing an she is thankful furr that speshul
> time. I will miss my brofurr an always keep him in my heart.
>
> Max wipes his eyes and sits down next to Mattie and Hunnybun,
> offering them each soft, white handkerchiefs to dry their tears.

Cash snags Daisy-chan's hanky then hands it back and she dampens it
much more. Iowna moans softly but her eye issues do not allow tears.

Daisy-chan thinks of hiding under a porch and shivvers. She borrows
Iowna's hanky as she hold her glowstick high for Boo. As guests note,
they raise their candle/glow sticks to Boo.

--

October 28th 15, 06:14 AM
On Tuesday, October 27, 2015 at 10:59:52 AM UTC-7, Sundance and/or Rebecca wrote:
> Good eevnin, kitteez an frenz. Welkum to Jellicle Ball 2015. Itz gud to see yoo awl heer in dis yooneek place. Iznt it bootiful? I hope yoo awl sined da gestbuk and taked a ranebow hankee.
>
> Az usual, da list uv namez seemz furry long dis yeer, an reedin it remindz ussez uv da luv an happiness dat we had wif owrown departid frenz. We missez owrown frenz furry much, but Bast allotz eech kittee a sertin amownt uv time heer on Erf. She haz herown reezinz fur dis, reezinz dat we may nevver know. Sum uf ussez are blessed to hab long lifez, an sum haz only a short life. In eedur kase, when dat time iz dun we must leev owrown frenz an fambliez heer an joyn doze hoo watez fur ussez at da Rainbow Bridge.
>
> Of korse, it iz not only da departid hoo watez. We, too, watez heer to joyn dem. But I wud say dat it iz not gud to spend tootoo much time waitin. Bof at da Brij an heer on Erf, dere iz much to do, mennee wunnerful esperiencez to hab, an I beleevz dat kitteez in bof placez wantz awl dere lubbed wunz to be happee. So wile we missez dem an are sad fur a liddle time when dey leavez, wee needz to rememfur to hab a gud life wile we iz heer.
>
> [Rebecca pauses]
>
> Befur we purrceedz wif da serrymoniez, let me tell yurownselvez abowt da skejool fur dis eevnin. Soon, we will hav da callin of da namez by Daisy-chan. Dat will be heer in da kave. After dat, a loo-ow will be served owtside by lokal kitteez. Dey haz purrpared mennee lokal dellycaciez fur ussez to try, and dey also haz awl of da komoonitee's fafurit fudz. Yoo kan eet in da area purrvided owtside, or yoo kan eet heer in da kave.
>
> Durin da loo-ow, enneewun hoo wantz to iz welkum to kum to da stage an giv a tribyoot. In kase ennee uv yurownselvez iz noo to da Jellicle Ball, a tribyoot iz a liddle speech abowt a departid luvved wun. It kan be fur a luvved wun hoo wuz kalled in the list, or wun hoo wuznt. Namez kan be added to da list until da final kallin at da end of da Ball. Dere are speekerz set up in da loo-ow area so dat kittiez attendin da loo-ow kan heer tribyoots frum dere.
>
> Later dis eevnin, if Bast iz willin, we hopez to be abul to see da Rainbow Bridge and owrown deer departid frenz wavin to ussez frum dere. I hopez yoo will awl joyn in da tradishunal singin uv Cat Anjil, an we hopez to heer da departid frenz sing bak to ussez. Dat iz alwaze a furry moovin part of da Jellicle Ball.
>
> An now, pleez pay respeckful attenshun wile Daisy-chan calls dis yeer'z namez.
>
> [Rebecca smiles at Daisy-chan, and goes to take her seat next to a smart-looking Havana Brown mancat.]

Rebecca,

Sorry for my late arrival, but things did not go quite the way I planned. Is anycat here I may know?!? Where is the sign in desk.

Misty, Mistress of the Night

October 28th 15, 09:03 AM
On Tuesday, October 27, 2015 at 10:59:52 AM UTC-7, Sundance and/or Rebecca wrote:
> Good eevnin, kitteez an frenz. Welkum to Jellicle Ball 2015. Itz gud to see yoo awl heer in dis yooneek place. Iznt it bootiful? I hope yoo awl sined da gestbuk and taked a ranebow hankee.
>
> Az usual, da list uv namez seemz furry long dis yeer, an reedin it remindz ussez uv da luv an happiness dat we had wif owrown departid frenz. We missez owrown frenz furry much, but Bast allotz eech kittee a sertin amownt uv time heer on Erf. She haz herown reezinz fur dis, reezinz dat we may nevver know. Sum uf ussez are blessed to hab long lifez, an sum haz only a short life. In eedur kase, when dat time iz dun we must leev owrown frenz an fambliez heer an joyn doze hoo watez fur ussez at da Rainbow Bridge.
>
> Of korse, it iz not only da departid hoo watez. We, too, watez heer to joyn dem. But I wud say dat it iz not gud to spend tootoo much time waitin. Bof at da Brij an heer on Erf, dere iz much to do, mennee wunnerful esperiencez to hab, an I beleevz dat kitteez in bof placez wantz awl dere lubbed wunz to be happee. So wile we missez dem an are sad fur a liddle time when dey leavez, wee needz to rememfur to hab a gud life wile we iz heer.
>
> [Rebecca pauses]
>
> Befur we purrceedz wif da serrymoniez, let me tell yurownselvez abowt da skejool fur dis eevnin. Soon, we will hav da callin of da namez by Daisy-chan. Dat will be heer in da kave. After dat, a loo-ow will be served owtside by lokal kitteez. Dey haz purrpared mennee lokal dellycaciez fur ussez to try, and dey also haz awl of da komoonitee's fafurit fudz. Yoo kan eet in da area purrvided owtside, or yoo kan eet heer in da kave.
>
> Durin da loo-ow, enneewun hoo wantz to iz welkum to kum to da stage an giv a tribyoot. In kase ennee uv yurownselvez iz noo to da Jellicle Ball, a tribyoot iz a liddle speech abowt a departid luvved wun. It kan be fur a luvved wun hoo wuz kalled in the list, or wun hoo wuznt. Namez kan be added to da list until da final kallin at da end of da Ball. Dere are speekerz set up in da loo-ow area so dat kittiez attendin da loo-ow kan heer tribyoots frum dere.
>
> Later dis eevnin, if Bast iz willin, we hopez to be abul to see da Rainbow Bridge and owrown deer departid frenz wavin to ussez frum dere. I hopez yoo will awl joyn in da tradishunal singin uv Cat Anjil, an we hopez to heer da departid frenz sing bak to ussez. Dat iz alwaze a furry moovin part of da Jellicle Ball.
>
> An now, pleez pay respeckful attenshun wile Daisy-chan calls dis yeer'z namez.
>
> [Rebecca smiles at Daisy-chan, and goes to take her seat next to a smart-looking Havana Brown mancat.]

After the special invocation and the Naming of Cats deserving of a Second Jellicle Life, Misty the Black Panther and Mistress of the Night throws in some Special Magic of her own and the Moon Beams start turning into Moon Lit Star Dust floating down from the Night Sky so that the glow sticks are no longer needed. Ever Cat is soon coated with the Glowing Moon Lit Star Dust and all the gathered cats soon become animated Feline Glow Sticks themselves, though instead of the eerie and ghastly GREEN, each cat now dazzles in the SILVER WHITE Light of the Moon.

Misty, Mistress of the Night

October 28th 15, 09:19 AM
On Wednesday, October 28, 2015 at 1:03:09 AM UTC-7, wrote:
> [...]
> >
> > An now, pleez pay respeckful attenshun wile Daisy-chan calls dis yeer'z namez.
> >
> > [Rebecca smiles at Daisy-chan, and goes to take her seat next to a smart-looking Havana Brown mancat.]
>
> After the special invocation and the Naming of Cats deserving of a Second Jellicle Life, Misty the Black Panther and Mistress of the Night throws in some Special Magic of her own and the Moon Beams start turning into Moon Lit Star Dust floating down from the Night Sky so that the glow sticks are no longer needed. Ever Cat is soon coated with the Glowing Moon Lit Star Dust and all the gathered cats soon become animated Feline Glow Sticks themselves, though instead of the eerie and ghastly GREEN, each cat now dazzles in the SILVER WHITE Light of the Moon.

"Oh that was so fun!!! I'll have to put that into my Grimoire for sure!!! Even *I* am glowing!!! Here I thought I'd simply adsorb all the light that fell on me except that of the occasional reflected highlights. Note to Self: Turning Moon Beams into Glowing Star Dust will coat EVERYTHING causing whatever it lands on to also Glow. It gives new meaning to the phrase Radiating Beauty and an Inner Glow."

Misty The Black Panther, Mistress of the Night

Sundance and/or Rebecca
October 28th 15, 10:20 AM
Misty, dat wuz bootiful. I haz to tell yurownself, tho, dat yoo mite be catfoozin owrown Jellicle Ball wif da book an da play dat da name kumz frum. Da sekund jellicle life isn't a RPCC fing, datz juss in da book or da play or maybe bof. Our ball iz named fur dat, but it iz difurent.

Rebecca

October 28th 15, 11:10 AM
On Wednesday, October 28, 2015 at 2:20:28 AM UTC-7, Sundance and/or Rebecca wrote:
> Misty, dat wuz bootiful. I haz to tell yurownself, tho, dat yoo mite be catfoozin owrown Jellicle Ball wif da book an da play dat da name kumz frum. Da sekund jellicle life isn't a RPCC fing, datz juss in da book or da play or maybe bof. Our ball iz named fur dat, but it iz difurent.
>
> Rebecca

Rebecca,

According to Bonnie's (My Great, Great, Great Grand Dam) Grimoire [Misty summons her Grimoire which appears ] the 1st Annual RPCC Jelical Ball took it themes from both T.S. Eliot's Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats, and from the Musical Cats (which was based on OPBPC) and combined them into something NEW. In Cats one cat would be nominated each year to come back to a New a different Jellicle Life, in the very 1st RPCC Jellicle Ball it was decided that *ALL* Cats that had died during the previous year would be nominated to come back to a NEW and DIFFERENT Jellicle Life.

This was taken from Bonnie's Grimoire [Misty reads from the Grimoire]:

"The theme for the 1st Annual RPC Jellicle Ball is: The Transcendental
Power of Love.

"Since RPC came on line, many wonderful and special kittens and cats
have passed to the other side of the Rainbow Bridge. But -- as we
know since we are CATS -- death is not the end to life, but rather the
beginning of a new one. It should not be seen as a period of
protracted mourning, but rather as a period of celebration -- this is
more-or-less in keeping with the poet T.S. Eliot's works about CATS:
We gather once a year to select the cat that can come back to a new
Jellicle Life. Love is a binding force that transcends both time and
space, and we will all reunite at the Rainbow Bridge. In recognition
that there are so many kittens and cats deserving of a new Jellicle
Life this year we pay honor to all who have gone before; to celebrate
their lives in story, song, and memories.

"The area for the Ball will cover a circular area approximately the
size of Yankee Stadium. In the center will be a computer center with
globe projector and split beam prisms. Around the puuurrrrimeter will
be 100 "t." tall projection screens with spaces in between. These
spaces will be exits and entrances for the various participants. These
exits and entrances must be secured from D*GS. While I do not
advocate the use of razor wire, if that is what is necessary to
provide security do it. The purrrson that has volunteered
for this has a big task on his paws.

"At various places around the purrrrimeter there will be stages of
different types. The main stage will hold the band where music will
be played; 180 degrees away will be a circular stage for story
tellers. Here many of our brave tales can be told again so that they
may be re-told for generations to come. Cats who forget their past,
as we all know, have no future.

"As the Full Moon starts to rise, and the stars come out to shine, one
name at a time will be projected onto a huge main projection screen
which is to be adjacent to the band. Spike, our original MC for this
Ball will be the first name to be shown, out of respect. The format
will be this: The Cat's [or kitten's] name, and the name of the house
they protected. Ex. Gypsy, House of Ruskin. No other titles will be
used -- on this night all cats are to be considered of equal rank. All
cats will be treated in this manner. In the event the Cat or Kitten
belonged to no home, it will be the Cat or Kitten's name, House of
Bastet. The MC will rule over the Ball. We still do not have any
submissions for the MC, therefore I am appointing Christofur, esq,
executor for Spike to 1) Find someone who will serve in the role. The
is a very HIGH HONOR. The cat selected should be our oldest inhabitant
-- in the event that no nominations are put forth, by default
Christofur, esq will be the MC.

"Bonnie, The Black Panther Co-Host of the 1st Annual Jellicle Ball
The MC for the ball will rule over the Ball [which will be Christofur
by default if no other cat can be found]. The next to last song will
be Memories. The Host and Hostess of the Ball [Sir Galaxy and myself,
or Sir Galaxy and my stand-in, the lovely Ebony, The Black Panther
(though if I can not make it I will be there in spirit as I watch the
Moon sail overhead)] will have the whole floor unto themselves for the
first few measures, they will then invite all other cats to then join
them. At the end of the song the MC will ask that those cats deserving
of a New Jellicle Life be simultaneously projected through the beam
splitters to fall upon all the huge projection screens that surround
the puuurrrrimeter. All the names which have been shown will now be
shown one final time en mass. They will remain projected for 30
seconds before the start to revolve around the gathered assemblage,
first rather slowly, but then faster and faster until they become one
indistinct blurr where upon they will start to rise towards the curved
in peaks of the projection screens -- up past the Russel Hotel, up
into the Heavyside Layer -- the the names will meet in a final blast
of light, and the simultaneous release of fireworks. As the fireworks
fade the Band will begin to play a melody of "The Power of Love" and
"Everybody Wants to be a Cat".

"The Dawn should be breaking about this time, and as the various cats
leave through the portals between the screens, we can then reflect on
the meaning of the Jellicle Ball: To Remember What Happiness Is; To
Love One Another, so a New Day can begin."

Bonnie, The Black Panther, Lady of the House of Ruskin, Lady to Sir
Galaxy, Hosts of the 1st Annual RPC Jellicle Ball

So ends the story of the very 1st Jellicle Ball 19 years ago in 1996. [Misty Closes Bonnie's Grimoire]

Misty, The Black Panther, Mistress of the Night

Sundance and/or Rebecca
October 28th 15, 11:13 AM
Maybe so, but we duznt do dat ennee more.

Rebecca

Amelia T Cat
October 28th 15, 01:29 PM
> [A moment of silence with weeping guests ensues then a paw reaches over
> and slides the lights slowly back up]
>
> The podium is now yours my friends. Please step forward with any
> tributes you wish to give.

So many names. So very many.

Amelia

Amelia T Cat
October 28th 15, 01:31 PM
> Sorry for my late arrival, but things did not go quite the way I planned. Is anycat here I may know?!? Where is the sign in desk.
>
> Misty, Mistress of the Night

Misty! Why don't you come sit with me?

Amelia

October 28th 15, 07:27 PM
On Wednesday, October 28, 2015 at 5:31:58 AM UTC-7, Amelia T Cat wrote:
> > Sorry for my late arrival, but things did not go quite the way I planned. Is anycat here I may know?!? Where is the sign in desk.
> >
> > Misty, Mistress of the Night
>
> Misty! Why don't you come sit with me?
>
> Amelia

Amelia, Good idea.Coming. Does anyone still have that special Mint Tea?? I had *best* take some home to the Bobcat.

Amelia T Cat
October 28th 15, 07:48 PM
On 10/28/15 1:27 PM, wrote:
> On Wednesday, October 28, 2015 at 5:31:58 AM UTC-7, Amelia T Cat wrote:
>>> Sorry for my late arrival, but things did not go quite the way I planned. Is anycat here I may know?!? Where is the sign in desk.
>>>
>>> Misty, Mistress of the Night
>>
>> Misty! Why don't you come sit with me?
>>
>> Amelia
>
> Amelia, Good idea.Coming. Does anyone still have that special Mint Tea?? I had *best* take some home to the Bobcat.

It just happens that I have a big packet of it! Here you go...

[Amelia paws over a very large bag of special mint tea.]

This batch is enhanced with catnip and a couple other ingredients that
should reduce the severity of the side effects.

Amelia

cshenk
October 28th 15, 09:42 PM
Amelia T Cat wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

> > [A moment of silence with weeping guests ensues then a paw reaches
> > over and slides the lights slowly back up]
> >
> > The podium is now yours my friends. Please step forward with any
> > tributes you wish to give.
>
> So many names. So very many.
>
> Amelia

Yes, iz very sad. Daisy-chan grabs a hanki. It waz so hard to read
anna not cry. Especially when I had to call Vamp's name.

Daisy-chan hugs Amelia then turns to listen as more tributes are read.

--

cshenk
October 28th 15, 09:47 PM
Sundance and/or Rebecca wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

> Misty, dat wuz bootiful. I haz to tell yurownself, tho, dat yoo mite
> be catfoozin owrown Jellicle Ball wif da book an da play dat da name
> kumz frum. Da sekund jellicle life isn't a RPCC fing, datz juss in da
> book or da play or maybe bof. Our ball iz named fur dat, but it iz
> difurent.
>
> Rebecca

Daisy-chan thinks fur a moment then she gets it. Is a play called Cats
(she smiles, it wuz fun to watch!).

--

cshenk
October 28th 15, 09:56 PM
> [...]

> in peaks of the projection screens -- up past the Russel Hotel, up
> into the Heavyside Layer -- the the names will meet in a final blast
> of light, and the simultaneous release of fireworks. As the fireworks
> fade the Band will begin to play a melody of "The Power of Love" and
> "Everybody Wants to be a Cat".
>
> "The Dawn should be breaking about this time, and as the various cats
> leave through the portals between the screens, we can then reflect on
> the meaning of the Jellicle Ball: To Remember What Happiness Is; To
> Love One Another, so a New Day can begin."
>
> Bonnie, The Black Panther, Lady of the House of Ruskin, Lady to Sir
> Galaxy, Hosts of the 1st Annual RPC Jellicle Ball
>

> So ends the story of the very 1st Jellicle Ball 19 years ago in 1996.
> [Misty Closes Bonnie's Grimoire]
>
> Misty, The Black Panther, Mistress of the Night

A beautifull history Misty! I wuz not around den. I was losted in the
long dark time when I libbed wild anna had no humans mebby but no one
knows my true age except Bast. Wez got a nice TED (except when dez
cutts mai nails) anna wez added up dat I can't be younger dan 16 and
may well be 18 or a bit more.

Oh anna dis is the 20th ball. 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001,
2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013,
2014, ann dis one 2015. I had ta count dem onna main fingers to
realize I culdnt just subtract da years (Daisy-chan smiles, Math is NOT
her strong point!).

--

cshenk
October 28th 15, 10:07 PM
Sundance and/or Rebecca wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

> Maybe so, but we duznt do dat ennee more.
>
> Rebecca

Dats true. When dey asked iffin we had a reader anna I said I'd be
willing, Azad tooked me in paw anna tolded me each reader of each part
sorat 'makes it dere own' but maybe looks up whut others said.

Since Iz been here, no 2 hab been alike in the place or the wayz wez
dun stuff but basics still are similar. Dere was a spooky castle anna
a really nice hotel anna stuff. Dis year Harri suggested a cave anna a
more camping like place ur us anna wez habbing fun wif dat!

I know Harri Roadcat is feeling betterz anna she'll add all sorts of
excitement! Iz just glad she's feeling more chipper. Maybe it's all
dem fuds da kittahs anna Cash been slipping to her.

--

October 28th 15, 10:09 PM
On Wednesday, October 28, 2015 at 11:48:59 AM UTC-7, Amelia T Cat wrote:

> >> Misty! Why don't you come sit with me?
> >>
> >> Amelia
> >
> > Amelia, Good idea.Coming. Does anyone still have that special Mint Tea?? I had *best* take some home to the Bobcat.
>
> It just happens that I have a big packet of it! Here you go...
>
> [Amelia paws over a very large bag of special mint tea.]
>
> This batch is enhanced with catnip and a couple other ingredients that
> should reduce the severity of the side effects.
>
> Amelia

Thank you so much. I am sure Bobcat will enjoy it very much. That is probably the ONLY way I can sometime induce him to come to the Jellicle Ball, though he is NOT very happy when he has to teleport... still he likes that Special Mint Tea.

Misty

Sundance and/or Rebecca
October 29th 15, 01:00 AM
[Rebecca returns to the podium and smiles through a few tears.]

Fangu, Daisy-chan, dat wuz simplee bootiful.

Durin da tribyootz an da loo-ow, dere will also be dancin in da grand ballrum fur ennee kitteez hoo wantz. Mewzik will be purrvided by M. Hercule Lenoir an hizown orkestra. If yoo haz ennee rekwestz, feel free to ask.

Rebecca