PDA

View Full Version : Tribute to Amelia T Cat

Harri Roadcat
October 29th 15, 04:50 PM
Amelia was a shining example of Tortitude. Her ruled the house wif a
iron paw. Efurrybody knew dat Amelia was in charge.

When Paw an me was on da road in the bigbig truck, Amelia kept watch
over da rest of clowder (and Meowmie) an kept all of dem safe. Her
would take no guff from anykitty or anydog - dat's why I allez called
her "Ameliagrump". But her knew dat I loved her anyway.

Her went in her sleep, an we dint even know she was sick!

I know dat her is reacquainting herself wif Cleopatra and Booker.

Harri

M Patterson
October 29th 15, 05:02 PM
While it is a real blessing when a kitty can choose where and when they leave and simply sleep their way to the Bridge, the shock of it adds to da pain of those who loved them.

I am so very sorry dat she had to leave, and Crape and mineself send our furry bestist purrs for her journey.

And mine hoominmom sends her deepest condolences. She knows dis particular grief.

Azad, Crape, and momMelissa

On Thursday, October 29, 2015 at 11:49:58 AM UTC-4, Harri Roadcat wrote:
> Amelia was a shining example of Tortitude. Her ruled the house wif a
> iron paw. Efurrybody knew dat Amelia was in charge.
>
> When Paw an me was on da road in the bigbig truck, Amelia kept watch
> over da rest of clowder (and Meowmie) an kept all of dem safe. Her
> would take no guff from anykitty or anydog - dat's why I allez called
> her "Ameliagrump". But her knew dat I loved her anyway.
>
> Her went in her sleep, an we dint even know she was sick!
>
> I know dat her is reacquainting herself wif Cleopatra and Booker.
>
> Harri

Mosey=^..^=[_3_]
October 29th 15, 05:51 PM
>"Harri Roadcat" wrote

>Amelia was a shining example of Tortitude. Her ruled the house wif a iron
>paw. Efurrybody knew dat Amelia was in charge.

>When Paw an me was on da road in the bigbig truck, Amelia kept watch over
>da rest of clowder (and Meowmie) an kept all of dem safe. Her would take
>no guff from anykitty or anydog - dat's why I allez called her
>"Ameliagrump". But her knew dat I loved her anyway.

>Her went in her sleep, an we dint even know she was sick!

>I know dat her is reacquainting herself wif Cleopatra and Booker.

>Harri

Harri,
That was beautiful tribute to your Sister, Amelia. yeUP
Ai still can't believe Amelia has gone to Rainbow Bridge.
I was her skort to Jellicle Ball.
Mom Kyla sent your Mom Nancy n Paw Dan, an e -mail this morning with some
beautiful flowers on the
stationary
I feel so sad that Amelia is no longer with us.
She was a shining example of caring and love for us all.
I remember all the fun adventures we went on together.
Amelia was so funny and she could stand up to any cat or dog who needed a
scolding.
I sure didn't know Amelia was sick. Nope.
She looked beautiful in her Hawaiian outfit and she was wearing the black
collar I gave her that had diamonds on it.
I am going to miss Amelia so much and I know we all in the Community will
miss Amelia as well.
She was a true lady cat. yeUP
With love and sadness,
Mosey for his Hous

Samuel Redcat Mahoney
October 29th 15, 06:49 PM
On 10/29/15 10:50 AM, Harri Roadcat wrote:
> Amelia was a shining example of Tortitude. Her ruled the house wif a
> iron paw. Efurrybody knew dat Amelia was in charge.
>
> When Paw an me was on da road in the bigbig truck, Amelia kept watch
> over da rest of clowder (and Meowmie) an kept all of dem safe. Her
> would take no guff from anykitty or anydog - dat's why I allez called
> her "Ameliagrump". But her knew dat I loved her anyway.
>
> Her went in her sleep, an we dint even know she was sick!
>
> I know dat her is reacquainting herself wif Cleopatra and Booker.
>
> Harri

What I rememfur da best was when Paw was having prollems wif his blood
sugar dropping dangerously low while he was sleeping, Amelia would jump
up on the bed an paw at him's face until him got up an took care of his
prollem.

Her was da slowest to come to terms wif Starr da Dogg. Dey never became
buddies, but at least her wouldn't swat at da dog when she went by.

Her was a beautiful girl, an a good friend, an her loved her clowder an
her hoomins an dis Community. And her was a key part of FluffyKitz Catering.

I will miss her a lot.

Sammy Redcat

Sundance and/or Rebecca
October 29th 15, 07:48 PM
Oh, I didn't evin fingk abowt Fluffykitz! How will I manij wifowt Amelia? Dis iz juss too much to fingk abowt rite now.

Rebecca, overwhelmed with grief

Ranger MacDude
October 29th 15, 09:44 PM
On 10/29/15 1:48 PM, Sundance and/or Rebecca wrote:
> Oh, I didn't evin fingk abowt Fluffykitz! How will I manij wifowt Amelia? Dis iz juss too much to fingk abowt rite now.
>
> Rebecca, overwhelmed with grief

Don't worry, Rebecca, Sammy and I will pick up the slack. It will be
hard to fill her tortie shoes, but we'll do it.

Ranger

Sundance and/or Rebecca
October 29th 15, 10:14 PM
Oh, fangu, Ranger! Dat wud be wunnerful. I rememfurz when Amelia an Tabitha startid Fluffykitz an invited myownself to be a partner. Dat wuz so long ago...

Rebecca

Booker
October 29th 15, 11:15 PM
Dis was a furry beautiful trybute. Weze no how yur family iz feelin, and
da der is a big big Amelia sized hole in yur hearts. May the pain ease
and the good memfuriez remain.

Snowflake and Chappy

On 10/29/2015 8:50 AM, Harri Roadcat wrote:
> Amelia was a shining example of Tortitude. Her ruled the house wif a
> iron paw. Efurrybody knew dat Amelia was in charge.
>
> When Paw an me was on da road in the bigbig truck, Amelia kept watch
> over da rest of clowder (and Meowmie) an kept all of dem safe. Her
> would take no guff from anykitty or anydog - dat's why I allez called
> her "Ameliagrump". But her knew dat I loved her anyway.
>
> Her went in her sleep, an we dint even know she was sick!
>
> I know dat her is reacquainting herself wif Cleopatra and Booker.
>
> Harri

October 30th 15, 06:55 AM
On Thursday, October 29, 2015 at 8:49:58 AM UTC-7, Harri Roadcat wrote:
> Amelia was a shining example of Tortitude. Her ruled the house wif a
> iron paw. Efurrybody knew dat Amelia was in charge.
>
> When Paw an me was on da road in the bigbig truck, Amelia kept watch
> over da rest of clowder (and Meowmie) an kept all of dem safe. Her
> would take no guff from anykitty or anydog - dat's why I allez called
> her "Ameliagrump". But her knew dat I loved her anyway.
>
> Her went in her sleep, an we dint even know she was sick!
>
> I know dat her is reacquainting herself wif Cleopatra and Booker.
>
> Harri

Harri,

Misty came home last night / morning and she was clingy I then went and read what had happened. Amelia and Misty were very good friends -- they were truly a sisterhood. I am truly sorry, for her humans and her human-like cat friends whom she leaves behind.

But to quote Bonnie from the 1st Jellicle Ball:

"Since RPC came on line, many wonderful and special kittens and cats
have passed to the other side of the Rainbow Bridge. But -- as we
know since we are CATS -- death is not the end to life, but rather the
beginning of a new one. It should not be seen as a period of
protracted mourning, but rather as a period of celebration -- this is
more-or-less in keeping with the poet T.S. Eliot's works about CATS:
We gather once a year to select the cat that can come back to a new
Jellicle Life. Love is a binding force that transcends both time and
space, and we will all reunite at the Rainbow Bridge."

That Amelia died at the conclusion of the Jellicle Ball tells us how she valued seeing her friends one last time. Please accept my condolences on your lose, but please contemplate Bonnie's words (she too has passed over the Rainbow Bridge) and try to celebrate Amalia's Wonderful life.

Sincerely and Respectfully,

Bobcat (HC), Misty, and Calypso (Service D*G)

Dan Mahoney[_2_]
October 30th 15, 01:56 PM
> That Amelia died at the conclusion of the Jellicle Ball tells us how she valued seeing her friends one last time. Please accept my condolences on your lose, but please contemplate Bonnie's words (she too has passed over the Rainbow Bridge) and try to celebrate Amalia's Wonderful life.
>
> Sincerely and Respectfully,
>
> Bobcat (HC), Misty, and Calypso (Service D*G)

Thank you for your kind words. I do take comfort in the thought that she
is now in a place where she won't ever have to hurt.

Dan

Ranger MacDude
October 30th 15, 02:10 PM
Dis is based on what I haf heard about Amelia, cuz most of it happened
before I was born.

When Amelia was a tiny little kitten, she liked to jump realreal high.
She loved to jump from da top of set of high shelves in da bedroom to da
top of another set of high shelves. Dat's how she getted her name. Her
nickname was "The Flying Kitten", so her 'fficial name was Amelia, in
honor of da hoomin Amelia Earhardt.

Her was a very skilled hunter of bugs. Her would get irritated when a
bug flew up high to da ceiling to get away, so Paw would pick her up and
hold her real high by da ceiling so she could get da bugs. Dey called
dis "high hunting".

When we all was living in Highland, Catifurnia she continued to be a
mighty huntress. Early on, before I was dere, Cleopatra Silvercat an DD
was in da back yard hunting. Dere was a gopher hole, and dey was sitting
beside it, still as statues, making no noise at all. Dey was sitting and
staring, waiting to pounce. When Amelia camed out she saw dat gopher
hole, said "Wow, somefing to hunt" and runned over and stuck her paw
down da hole as far as she could reach. Cleocatra and DD gave her a
powerful glare and stalked away.

Anuffer time one of da kitties chased a gopher into da kitchen and under
da table. Dere was some boxes and fings dere, so it had some place to
hide. All da kitties was participating in da hunt, but Amelia was up
high on top of one of da boxes, directing da offur kitties where to go.
Dey soon catched it!

One time Meowmie an Paw decided to take a vacation fur about a week, so
dey arranged fur Grandmeowmie and Unka Pat to come over an take care of
us efurry day. Da offur kitties was scared, but not me an Amelia. When
Grandmeowmie comed over I allez came over to see her an let her pet me.
An when Unka Pat camed over Amelia used to come out fur pettings.
Grandmeowmie would haf sworn dat I was do only cat in house, and Unkq
Pat would have sworn dat Amelia was do only cat in da house.

Her did not like riding in da car. When we moved from Iowa to Illinois,
we all rided wif Paw in hims pickup truck (we all miss dat truck!). When
we getted to Illinois, Paw bringed us into da house one at a time. Him
bring 3 of us in (by dis time dere was 4 of usses), de him couldn't find
Amelia. Him was afraid dat her getted out when him made a stop fur a
bafroom break, and him was scared! Fortunately he had put locator tags
on all of us, so he brought it out to da truck. It lead him to da back
seat - Amelia was all da way under da seat hiding.

Amelia soon picked Meowmie's home office as her very own. Amelia's comfy
bed was in the corner of da office, and Amelia slept dere almost every
night. I already tolded you about Amelia used to wake Paw up when his
blood sugar dropped very low. She was a excellent nurse kitty, and
efurry one will miss her. A lot.

Ranger

Sundance and/or Rebecca
October 30th 15, 02:27 PM
Doze is wunnerful memoreez, Ranger. Fangu fur sharin dem. Amelia wuz a pillar of da komoonitee an will be missed furry much.

Rebecca