PDA

View Full Version : Tribute: Adam Rubin

M Patterson
October 30th 15, 08:16 PM
Adam Rubin was an active participant from the last years of rec.pets.cats newsgroup and on into rec.pets.cats.community until sometime in 2012, when his last kitty went to the Bridge. He wrote for Lionel, Allegra "Great Girtha" (a Soomo contestant and, later, political leader), and "Loveable" Louise, the original Grand Pooh-bah. After Louise left for the Bridge, Adam posted as himself for awhile, and then fell silent.

Adam went to the Bridge himself in April, 2013.

Glad I am that you found the newsgroup, Adam. Grateful that you shared your, yes, it must be said, slightly goofy, entertaining side with all of us. (I have a cassette tape, made at least 15 years ago, of Adam singing the "Great Girtha Fan Club" song. He sent a copy to every kitty household who joined the club as early members...I laughed all the way through when I listened.)

Thank you Adam, you are remembered with great fondness.

Melissa

Kyla[_3_]
October 30th 15, 10:09 PM
>Adam Rubin was an active participant from the last years of rec.pets.cats
>newsgroup and on into rec.pets.cats.community until sometime in 2012, when
>his last kitty went to the Bridge. He wrote for >Lionel, Allegra "Great
>Girtha" (a Soomo contestant and, later, political leader), and "Loveable"
>Louise, the original Grand Pooh-bah. After Louise left for the Bridge, Adam
>posted as himself for awhile, >and then fell silent.

>Adam went to the Bridge himself in April, 2013.

>Glad I am that you found the newsgroup, Adam. Grateful that you shared
>your, yes, it must be said, slightly goofy, entertaining side with all of
>us. (I have a cassette tape, made at least 15 years ago, of >Adam singing
>the "Great Girtha Fan Club" song. He sent a copy to every kitty household
>who joined the club as early members...I laughed all the way through when I
>listened.)

>Thank you Adam, you are remembered with great fondness.

>Melissa

Hi Melissa,
Adam Rubin was a very special man indeed.
When I went first went to alt.cats in 2007 to mourn the passing of our 19
year old cat Mutt, real name Waldo, I got not one single reply.
Flippy saw me there, expressed her condolences and she steered me to
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes, and I received a warm welcome there for awhile and
then a lot of verbal kerfuffling (abuse)
was aimed at me so I left and tried to come back a few times, to no avail.
Some people there were so nasty towards me, and I never went back. I didn't
want to go where I was not welcomed.
Adam, when he was alive, worked at the Jeffersonian Institute, in what
capacity, I don't know.
I do know Adam had a liver transplant and he could not be around cats
fearing a scratch could cause an infection.
So his parents kept Loveable Louise and Allegra, (Great Girtha) and Lionel.
A few years back Adam sent me a _large_ box of Loveable" Louise's toys, a
large tub of catnip for our cats, and some things for me.
He was a good e mail friend.
I had a video of him and his parents playing with the cats, but I lost it
when that computer crashed:(
Last I heard, his Mother was suffering from Alzimers disease.
She may also have passed away. I don't know.
RIP sweet Adam, we were blessed to have you on RPCC
Love,
Kyla

Donna M
October 31st 15, 02:09 AM
On Friday, October 30, 2015 at 3:16:57 PM UTC-4, M Patterson wrote:
> Adam Rubin was an active participant from the last years of rec.pets.cats newsgroup and on into rec.pets.cats.community until sometime in 2012, when his last kitty went to the Bridge. He wrote for Lionel, Allegra "Great Girtha" (a Soomo contestant and, later, political leader), and "Loveable" Louise, the original Grand Pooh-bah. After Louise left for the Bridge, Adam posted as himself for awhile, and then fell silent.
>
> Adam went to the Bridge himself in April, 2013.
>
> Glad I am that you found the newsgroup, Adam. Grateful that you shared your, yes, it must be said, slightly goofy, entertaining side with all of us. (I have a cassette tape, made at least 15 years ago, of Adam singing the "Great Girtha Fan Club" song. He sent a copy to every kitty household who joined the club as early members...I laughed all the way through when I listened.)
>
> Thank you Adam, you are remembered with great fondness.
>
> Melissa

Many thoughts and prayers, belated though they are, for his loved ones. I was an RPCer, too. I hadn't realized he passed away. This has been hard year for losing hoominz AND critters to the Bridge.

Donna

October 31st 15, 05:13 AM
I have heard many storeez uv Unca Adam. Mine brofur Ralph de Ralf (Da Ralphinator) came close tu defeeting Da Great Girtha ana hadda lot uv feer.....errr....respeckt fur David Lovely Louise, a cat of few words. Mineown huminz sez Unca Adam wiz a gudgudGUD manhumin. -- Fredrick T Spawn of the House of David

Sundance and/or Rebecca
October 31st 15, 07:44 AM
Fangu fur dat tribyoot, Anti Melissa. Unca Adam wuz a gud sekkaterry to Allegra an Louise, an he iz missed furry much.

Rebecca

tess
October 31st 15, 05:13 PM
On Friday, October 30, 2015 at 12:16:57 PM UTC-7, M Patterson wrote:
> Adam Rubin was an active participant from the last years of rec.pets.cats newsgroup and on into rec.pets.cats.community until sometime in 2012, when his last kitty went to the Bridge. He wrote for Lionel, Allegra "Great Girtha" (a Soomo contestant and, later, political leader), and "Loveable" Louise, the original Grand Pooh-bah. After Louise left for the Bridge, Adam posted as himself for awhile, and then fell silent.
>
> Adam went to the Bridge himself in April, 2013.
>
> Glad I am that you found the newsgroup, Adam. Grateful that you shared your, yes, it must be said, slightly goofy, entertaining side with all of us. (I have a cassette tape, made at least 15 years ago, of Adam singing the "Great Girtha Fan Club" song. He sent a copy to every kitty household who joined the club as early members...I laughed all the way through when I listened.)
>
> Thank you Adam, you are remembered with great fondness.
>
> Melissa

Fangu fur dis luffly tribyoot Anti Melissa. Myneown mommy spent a day wif Unka Adam in San Francisco prolly 10 years ago. He wuz a guggud hoomin.

Tess

Sylvia and P2nya[_2_]
November 1st 15, 07:32 AM
"M Patterson" > wrote in message
[...]

Thank you for the tribute, Melissa .
I didn't know that Unka Adam went to the bridge to be with his Lovable
Louise.
We corresponded, as my maiden name was Rubin, as was his, and also to give
me
advix=ce for helping Pit2oonya be a better Second Grand Pooh Bah.

Sylvia