PDA

View Full Version : Early arrivals start, Chez Shenks Birdie Day 2015!

cshenk
November 25th 15, 10:20 PM
Meowmie looks out the door as Cash makes a happy bark, but there is
nothing there. Then Iowna alerts to the back yard.

Of course! She opens the patio door and an early guest who's 2foots
parked them in a kittah hotel comes in. It's chilly and they saw the
chimney puffing, so grabbed a log and dragged it to the door with them.

Cash runs out and grabs a log then Daisy-chan gets another. Iowna, not
to be outdone, gets a few sticks they use for kindling. She puts them
down and Cash breaks them up and loads the coal hod they use for
kindling.

Inside, a biggish male daddy2foot takes one of the logs and adds it to
the fire, then stacks the rest to the side. Then he checks the soft
blankets before the fire, set there for 4foots to enjoy. All is right
in the world.

The biggish male daddy2foot shuffles to the fridge and breaks out 4
pieces of crispy bacon then brings it back to the 4some basking at the
fireplace. He grins as he gets to pet them all for a moment.

Then Daddy2foot wanders off with Meowmie as mysterious things happen in
the kitchen.

--

Mosey=^..^=[_3_]
November 26th 15, 02:45 PM

[...]

November 26th 15, 08:13 PM
Mosey=^..^= wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

> Hi Hi,
> We are here, bearing a nip bloobury pie and some other nip
> goodies,yeUP Anything we can do to help? Pipps asks if she might sit
> down to eat with Ranger? Loves,
> Mosey, PookyKat, Sqweex, Pipps n Brutus =all happy, hungry Cats

Daddy2foot grins and breaks out more cushions while Meowmie sets out
little tables for 2 (or 4 if really friendly).

Bigger 2foots and bigger doggies take over the settings around the
Kotatsu table brought from Japan (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kotatsu)

The smaller tables can make seats for the smaller 4foots if they wish
to sit at the low table.

As the food cooks, little nibbles keep coming out.

Cash greets half the clowder on one side while Iowa greets the other
half as they stream into the warm room and settle by the fireplace.
After warming up nicely, they look about and:

Mosey and Ranger snag a longer low table that makes a fine seat for
both and stake a spot at the Kotatsu. PookyKat snags a little table
over and sits at the corner next to Cash while Pips n Brutus snag
opposite sides so they can talk across the table. Sqweex brings over 2
low tables and invites Iowna to sit with them.

The honored ends of the table will hold the 2foots with Cash sharing
with Meowmie and next to PookyKat. Daisy-chan will settle on
Daddy-2foots lap and select from his plate.

It's not quite yet time to serve, so various 4foots bring in some more
logs and fill the holder while Iowna shows Squeex how to snag branches
for kindling then where the kindling hod is. It takes them a couple of
trips, but they bring in enough for all night.

As they settle waiting for dinner, a 2foot named Charlotte opens the
oven and uses some of the duck fat to baste the turkey. Aroma envelops
the room....

Ranger and Pipps whisper to one another that it's really hard to wait,
forgetting how good Iowna's hearing is. She grins and decides a rumor
table might be fun so whispers to Squeex to pass it on that Ranger is
starvilating.

Squeex passes to Brutus that poor Ranger is starving then adds she
hopes all is well at home. The rumor travels with various folks
embelishing it for fun until it hits Cash. Cash looks at Ranger and
asks right across the table if he's dying? I mean, he looks ok?
Everyone cracks up and lets Cash in on the joke. He grins and then his
tummy rumbles in perfect timing with Ranger's tummy.

They watch then as a duck and a turkey are pulled out of the oven to
rest...

cshenk
November 27th 15, 09:09 PM
cshenk wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

> They watch then as a duck and a turkey are pulled out of the oven to
> rest...

Eyes get HUGE as platters start to arrive. A kittah tries to snag some
ducki to her mouth and gets a gentle snap near her paw from Iowna who
then not too quietly reminds all, they have to say grace first.

Regaining her composure Iowna waits for the 2 foots to put all the food
out in big bowls and platters.

Daisy-chan climbs in Daddy2foots lap and rises to the table. Bowing
her head she gives the prayer.

"Dear Bast and Sirus, and the many for the 2foots who love us, we
thanks you furr this feast and our friends who join us tonight in
person or in spirit. Wez purr or yip or show our joy in whatever
manner works but wez know you sees us and loves us. Thank you."

A moment of silence reigns over heads bowed over paws and hands, then
they look up and Daddy2foot and Meowmie starts handing platters and
bowls about. Doggies tails are wagging and Iowna makes a special point
of getting a really good bit of ducki for her friend who didnt know to
wait fur just a moment of grace.

Shortly, all you can hear is tails wagging and a lot of chewing. A
waift of Belgin Endive catches Iowna's sniffer and she tries to reach
it. Her paws aren't long enough but Cash snags one with a bit of frozen
bacon and passes it to her. *crunch!*

On the way back to his seat, his nose catches bloobery pie! He can't
help it. He snags a big slice and takes turns between it and a turkey
wing. He laughs after a glance at Mosey, who has chipmonk cheeks and
looks to be trying to fit in more Turki or Ducki...

--

cshenk
November 29th 15, 06:37 PM
cshenk wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

> cshenk wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:
>

> > They watch then as a duck and a turkey are pulled out of the oven to
> > rest...
>
> Eyes get HUGE as platters start to arrive. A kittah tries to snag
> some ducki to her mouth and gets a gentle snap near her paw from
> Iowna who then not too quietly reminds all, they have to say grace
> first.
>
> Regaining her composure Iowna waits for the 2 foots to put all the
> food out in big bowls and platters.
>
> Daisy-chan climbs in Daddy2foots lap and rises to the table. Bowing
> her head she gives the prayer.
>
> "Dear Bast and Sirus, and the many for the 2foots who love us, we
> thanks you furr this feast and our friends who join us tonight in
> person or in spirit. Wez purr or yip or show our joy in whatever
> manner works but wez know you sees us and loves us. Thank you."
>
> A moment of silence reigns over heads bowed over paws and hands, then
> they look up and Daddy2foot and Meowmie starts handing platters and
> bowls about. Doggies tails are wagging and Iowna makes a special
> point of getting a really good bit of ducki for her friend who didnt
> know to wait fur just a moment of grace.
>
> Shortly, all you can hear is tails wagging and a lot of chewing. A
> waift of Belgin Endive catches Iowna's sniffer and she tries to reach
> it. Her paws aren't long enough but Cash snags one with a bit of
> frozen bacon and passes it to her. *crunch!*
>
> On the way back to his seat, his nose catches bloobery pie! He can't
> help it. He snags a big slice and takes turns between it and a turkey
> wing. He laughs after a glance at Mosey, who has chipmonk cheeks and
> looks to be trying to fit in more Turki or Ducki...

Sitting back, Kittahs, 2foots and others start to snore. Slowly a few
move to the piles of cushions in front of the fireplace and make a many
legged pile that sometimes woofs and sometimes purrs.

Meowmie naps on the sofa woken only once, as Mosey climbs up on her
tummy next to Daisy-chan, for a few rubs then subsumes to a nap
attack...