PDA

View Full Version : A Cat up for Adoption

jmcquown[_2_]
January 11th 16, 08:57 PM
Got this message on the Dataw Net yesterday.

There's a woman who moved to Dataw from Massachusetts with a Norwegian
Forest Cat named Victor. Then she left Dataw and moved with Victor to
Beaufort. (That's the "big town" near here. Heh.) Now suddenly she's
announced she's moving "out west" next Saturday. She's not taking
Victor with her. She needs to find him a home. Immediately.

She's moving next weekend? Wow! That's fast. I have no idea why she's
not taking him with her.

Here's a pic of Victor:

http://i67.tinypic.com/20r1d9d.jpg

He's absolutely drop dead gorgeous. He does look a bit like a haughty
well groomed skunk. LOL

If he doesn't find a home in a week, does anyone know anyone in the
southern SC area who might want to adopt Victor? He's described as a
very well mannered cat. Laid back, likes his pipe and slippers. LOL

Jill

MaryL[_2_]
January 12th 16, 03:40 AM
On 1/11/2016 1:57 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> Got this message on the Dataw Net yesterday.
>
> There's a woman who moved to Dataw from Massachusetts with a Norwegian
> Forest Cat named Victor. Then she left Dataw and moved with Victor to
> Beaufort. (That's the "big town" near here. Heh.) Now suddenly she's
> announced she's moving "out west" next Saturday. She's not taking
> Victor with her. She needs to find him a home. Immediately.
>
> She's moving next weekend? Wow! That's fast. I have no idea why she's
> not taking him with her.
>
> Here's a pic of Victor:
>
> http://i67.tinypic.com/20r1d9d.jpg
>
> He's absolutely drop dead gorgeous. He does look a bit like a haughty
> well groomed skunk. LOL
>
> If he doesn't find a home in a week, does anyone know anyone in the
> southern SC area who might want to adopt Victor? He's described as a
> very well mannered cat. Laid back, likes his pipe and slippers. LOL
>
> Jill

That is absolutely disgusting on the part of Victor's meowmie. Victor
had already moved twice, which means that a third move may be more
difficult. More to the point, she has set a completely unreasonable
time frame. Unless something like severe illness is involved, she
sounds completely irresponsible. That's not why you wrote, though. My
one suggestion would be to contact veterinarians in the area and see if
they could help by posting Victor's picture and story. He is such a
gorgeous cat that his chances of adoption are improved. Likewise, the
fact that he is a Norwegian Forest Cat may help, but his owner simply
isn't giving him a good opportunity by requiring adoption so quickly.

Please keep us updated.

MaryL

jmcquown[_2_]
January 13th 16, 11:59 PM
On 1/13/2016 7:01 AM, Judith Latham wrote:
> In article >, MaryL
> > wrote:
>> On 1/11/2016 1:57 PM, jmcquown wrote:
>>> Got this message on the Dataw Net yesterday.
>>>
>>> There's a woman who moved to Dataw from Massachusetts with a Norwegian
>>> Forest Cat named Victor. Then she left Dataw and moved with Victor to
>>> Beaufort. (That's the "big town" near here. Heh.) Now suddenly she's
>>> announced she's moving "out west" next Saturday. She's not taking
>>> Victor with her. She needs to find him a home. Immediately.
>>>
>>> She's moving next weekend? Wow! That's fast. I have no idea why
>>> she's not taking him with her.
>>>
>>> Here's a pic of Victor:
>>>
>>> http://i67.tinypic.com/20r1d9d.jpg
>>>
>>> He's absolutely drop dead gorgeous. He does look a bit like a haughty
>>> well groomed skunk. LOL
>>>
>>> If he doesn't find a home in a week, does anyone know anyone in the
>>> southern SC area who might want to adopt Victor? He's described as a
>>> very well mannered cat. Laid back, likes his pipe and slippers. LOL
>>>
>>> Jill
>
>> That is absolutely disgusting on the part of Victor's meowmie. Victor
>> had already moved twice, which means that a third move may be more
>> difficult. More to the point, she has set a completely unreasonable
>> time frame. Unless something like severe illness is involved, she
>> sounds completely irresponsible. That's not why you wrote, though. My
>> one suggestion would be to contact veterinarians in the area and see if
>> they could help by posting Victor's picture and story. He is such a
>> gorgeous cat that his chances of adoption are improved. Likewise, the
>> fact that he is a Norwegian Forest Cat may help, but his owner simply
>> isn't giving him a good opportunity by requiring adoption so quickly.
>
>> Please keep us updated.
>
>> MaryL
>
> I agree. purrs that a good home is found for Victor where he has someone
> to take care of him properly.
>
> Judith

I do not know the exact circumstances as to why this woman has to
suddenly move "out west" in a week. (It almost sounds as if she was
evicted or something and is going to move in with someone/family.)

I couldn't find the original email to suggest contacting vets in the
area. :( Hopefully someone else thought of it and passed it along.

Fortunately, the Beaufort County Animal Shelter is a no-kill facility.
There is a completely separate annex for cats and kittens. If all else
fails and she has to take him to the Tabby House I'm sure someone would
adopt Victor pretty darn quick!

Jill

jmcquown[_2_]
January 15th 16, 04:06 PM
On 1/11/2016 9:40 PM, MaryL wrote:
> On 1/11/2016 1:57 PM, jmcquown wrote:
>> Got this message on the Dataw Net yesterday.
>>
>> There's a woman who moved to Dataw from Massachusetts with a Norwegian
>> Forest Cat named Victor. Then she left Dataw and moved with Victor to
>> Beaufort. (That's the "big town" near here. Heh.) Now suddenly she's
>> announced she's moving "out west" next Saturday. She's not taking
>> Victor with her. She needs to find him a home. Immediately.
>>
>> She's moving next weekend? Wow! That's fast. I have no idea why she's
>> not taking him with her.
>>
>> Here's a pic of Victor:
>>
>> http://i67.tinypic.com/20r1d9d.jpg
>>
>> He's absolutely drop dead gorgeous. He does look a bit like a haughty
>> well groomed skunk. LOL
>>
>> If he doesn't find a home in a week, does anyone know anyone in the
>> southern SC area who might want to adopt Victor? He's described as a
>> very well mannered cat. Laid back, likes his pipe and slippers. LOL
>>
>> Jill
>
> That is absolutely disgusting on the part of Victor's meowmie. Victor
> had already moved twice, which means that a third move may be more
> difficult. More to the point, she has set a completely unreasonable
> time frame. Unless something like severe illness is involved, she
> sounds completely irresponsible. That's not why you wrote, though. My
> one suggestion would be to contact veterinarians in the area and see if
> they could help by posting Victor's picture and story. He is such a
> gorgeous cat that his chances of adoption are improved. Likewise, the
> fact that he is a Norwegian Forest Cat may help, but his owner simply
> isn't giving him a good opportunity by requiring adoption so quickly.
>
> Please keep us updated.
>
> MaryL

I found out Victor found a home with someone who lives here on Dataw. I
have no idea what necessitated the quick move to another part of the
country. I hope Victor will be happy.

Thing is, he's also been front declawed. I left this part out of the
description because I *really* don't want to hear more wailing about
declawing. I don't agree with it either but I'm not the one doing it.

The picture shows him sitting on a brick wall with metal fencing above
his head. Some sort of outdoor enclosure. You won't find a lot of
brick walls on Dataw so maybe that was his home in Beaufort. Hopefully
now has a home with a screened porch or a glass sunroom. I do hope
whoever adopted him knows *not* to let him outside.

Jill