PDA

View Full Version : Spicey laptime memory

Takayuki
March 14th 16, 04:58 AM
Sometimes, Spicey stirs from a dream of a memory, and a memory of a dream
reverberates through the rooms as a small, plaintive cry.

That is when she feels love in her memory, and the memory of her love draws
her into my lap for a cuddle and a purr.

She feels a loss that she didn't know was loss, and the memory of that loss
is shared by both of us. And the comfort in each other is shared by both of
us.

Takayuki
March 15th 16, 12:04 AM
On Mon, 14 Mar 2016 11:37:02 +0000 (GMT), Judith Latham
> wrote:

>In article >, Takayuki
> wrote:
>> Sometimes, Spicey stirs from a dream of a memory, and a memory of a
>> dream reverberates through the rooms as a small, plaintive cry.
>
>> That is when she feels love in her memory, and the memory of her love
>> draws her into my lap for a cuddle and a purr.
>
>> She feels a loss that she didn't know was loss, and the memory of that
>> loss is shared by both of us. And the comfort in each other is shared by
>> both of us.
>
>That's lovely. She's certainly changed and become affectionate with your
>care.

She's affectionate sometimes. :) Suz was the only person Spicey would never
attack. So I think that when she wants love instead of your blood, it's
because she remembers the gentleness taught by her meowmie.

dgk
March 15th 16, 05:42 PM
On Mon, 14 Mar 2016 19:04:39 -0400, Takayuki >
wrote:

>On Mon, 14 Mar 2016 11:37:02 +0000 (GMT), Judith Latham
> wrote:
>
>>In article >, Takayuki
> wrote:
>>> Sometimes, Spicey stirs from a dream of a memory, and a memory of a
>>> dream reverberates through the rooms as a small, plaintive cry.
>>
>>> That is when she feels love in her memory, and the memory of her love
>>> draws her into my lap for a cuddle and a purr.
>>
>>> She feels a loss that she didn't know was loss, and the memory of that
>>> loss is shared by both of us. And the comfort in each other is shared by
>>> both of us.
>>
>>That's lovely. She's certainly changed and become affectionate with your
>>care.
>
>She's affectionate sometimes. :) Suz was the only person Spicey would never
>attack. So I think that when she wants love instead of your blood, it's
>because she remembers the gentleness taught by her meowmie.

I would think that she had a somewhat difficult time with Suz since
Suz couldn't do some of the normal things that let us bond with the
furry beasts. Then losing her and moving to a new home - cats don't
like that stuff at all. You've done wonders.

I just read an email from the NYC feral cat group asking for help for
15 cats living in an apartment. The lady is elderly and just went into
the hospital and likely won't come out and the cats are worried and
scared. I have no idea what will happen to them but at least cat
people are informed about it and hopefully something can be done. But
there are so many incidents like this.

jmcquown[_2_]
March 15th 16, 10:41 PM
On 3/15/2016 12:42 PM, dgk wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Mar 2016 19:04:39 -0400, Takayuki >
> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 14 Mar 2016 11:37:02 +0000 (GMT), Judith Latham
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> In article >, Takayuki

>>> That's lovely. She's certainly changed and become affectionate with your
>>> care.
>>
>> She's affectionate sometimes. :) Suz was the only person Spicey would never
>> attack. So I think that when she wants love instead of your blood, it's
>> because she remembers the gentleness taught by her meowmie.
>
> I would think that she had a somewhat difficult time with Suz since
> Suz couldn't do some of the normal things that let us bond with the
> furry beasts. Then losing her and moving to a new home - cats don't
> like that stuff at all. You've done wonders.

Yes, Suz was limited in how she could interact with Spicey. Spicey has
come a long way with Tak!

> I just read an email from the NYC feral cat group asking for help for
> 15 cats living in an apartment. The lady is elderly and just went into
> the hospital and likely won't come out and the cats are worried and
> scared. I have no idea what will happen to them but at least cat
> people are informed about it and hopefully something can be done. But
> there are so many incidents like this.

Unfortunately, so many well-meaning people don't take into consideration
what would happen to the cats if something happened to the caregivers.
Personally, I don't think anyone (elderly or not) should take on 15
cats. Purrs that those cats find good homes.

Jill