PDA

View Full Version : RB Sam

Cheryl[_6_]
March 24th 16, 02:34 PM
It's a long time since I posted here, although I do lurk a fair bit. I
had two cats, Cinnamon and Sam. Sadly, Sam developed kidney problems,
which progressed very rapidly. He died yesterday at the vet clinic,
where he was having an IV to try to help him out a bit.

He was a lovely cat, very laid back but friendly and cuddly. I adopted
him as an adult, and he'd clearly had a rough start in life since he had
a broken tail and scratch in one eyelid at some point in the past. He
was one of those wandering young toms annoying the resident cats in a
neighbourhood he was passing through when someone tried unsuccessfully
to find his former home and then to find him a new one. I had him
checked out and neutered and brought him home about 11 years ago, and
never regretted it. He was very suitably deferential to Mandy (RB), who
thought she ran the universe, and when, after she died, I adopted
Cinnamon, he got on with her too. I knew he would. The shelter who gave
me Cinnamon were concerned that 'the tom', as they called him, might be
aggressive towards a new cat, but I knew that Sammy didn't have an
aggressive bone in his body.

I miss him so much.

--
Cheryl

jmcquown[_2_]
March 24th 16, 02:56 PM
On 3/24/2016 9:34 AM, Cheryl wrote:
> It's a long time since I posted here, although I do lurk a fair bit. I
> had two cats, Cinnamon and Sam. Sadly, Sam developed kidney problems,
> which progressed very rapidly. He died yesterday at the vet clinic,
> where he was having an IV to try to help him out a bit.
>
> He was a lovely cat, very laid back but friendly and cuddly. I adopted
> him as an adult, and he'd clearly had a rough start in life since he had
> a broken tail and scratch in one eyelid at some point in the past. He
> was one of those wandering young toms annoying the resident cats in a
> neighbourhood he was passing through when someone tried unsuccessfully
> to find his former home and then to find him a new one. I had him
> checked out and neutered and brought him home about 11 years ago, and
> never regretted it. He was very suitably deferential to Mandy (RB), who
> thought she ran the universe, and when, after she died, I adopted
> Cinnamon, he got on with her too. I knew he would. The shelter who gave
> me Cinnamon were concerned that 'the tom', as they called him, might be
> aggressive towards a new cat, but I knew that Sammy didn't have an
> aggressive bone in his body.
>
> I miss him so much.

I'm so sorry to hear this. Purrs for your broken heart.

Jill

Will in New Haven[_2_]
March 24th 16, 05:52 PM
On Thursday, March 24, 2016 at 9:34:13 AM UTC-4, Cheryl wrote:
> It's a long time since I posted here, although I do lurk a fair bit. I
> had two cats, Cinnamon and Sam. Sadly, Sam developed kidney problems,
> which progressed very rapidly. He died yesterday at the vet clinic,
> where he was having an IV to try to help him out a bit.
>
> He was a lovely cat, very laid back but friendly and cuddly. I adopted
> him as an adult, and he'd clearly had a rough start in life since he had
> a broken tail and scratch in one eyelid at some point in the past. He
> was one of those wandering young toms annoying the resident cats in a
> neighbourhood he was passing through when someone tried unsuccessfully
> to find his former home and then to find him a new one. I had him
> checked out and neutered and brought him home about 11 years ago, and
> never regretted it. He was very suitably deferential to Mandy (RB), who
> thought she ran the universe, and when, after she died, I adopted
> Cinnamon, he got on with her too. I knew he would. The shelter who gave
> me Cinnamon were concerned that 'the tom', as they called him, might be
> aggressive towards a new cat, but I knew that Sammy didn't have an
> aggressive bone in his body.

It's a special sadness. One we all share but cannot know in detail.
Purrs for your heart and for his journey to the Bridge.

--
Will in New Haven
https://sites.google.com/site/gloryroadrpg/home

Joy[_3_]
March 24th 16, 06:36 PM
On 3/24/2016 6:34 AM, Cheryl wrote:
> It's a long time since I posted here, although I do lurk a fair bit. I
> had two cats, Cinnamon and Sam. Sadly, Sam developed kidney problems,
> which progressed very rapidly. He died yesterday at the vet clinic,
> where he was having an IV to try to help him out a bit.
>
> He was a lovely cat, very laid back but friendly and cuddly. I adopted
> him as an adult, and he'd clearly had a rough start in life since he had
> a broken tail and scratch in one eyelid at some point in the past. He
> was one of those wandering young toms annoying the resident cats in a
> neighbourhood he was passing through when someone tried unsuccessfully
> to find his former home and then to find him a new one. I had him
> checked out and neutered and brought him home about 11 years ago, and
> never regretted it. He was very suitably deferential to Mandy (RB), who
> thought she ran the universe, and when, after she died, I adopted
> Cinnamon, he got on with her too. I knew he would. The shelter who gave
> me Cinnamon were concerned that 'the tom', as they called him, might be
> aggressive towards a new cat, but I knew that Sammy didn't have an
> aggressive bone in his body.
>
> I miss him so much.

I'm so sorry, Cheryl. It always hurts to lose one of our loved ones.

Joy

Cheryl[_3_]
March 25th 16, 01:21 AM
On 3/24/2016 9:34 AM, Cheryl wrote:
> It's a long time since I posted here, although I do lurk a fair bit. I
> had two cats, Cinnamon and Sam. Sadly, Sam developed kidney problems,
> which progressed very rapidly. He died yesterday at the vet clinic,
> where he was having an IV to try to help him out a bit.
>
> He was a lovely cat, very laid back but friendly and cuddly. I adopted
> him as an adult, and he'd clearly had a rough start in life since he had
> a broken tail and scratch in one eyelid at some point in the past. He
> was one of those wandering young toms annoying the resident cats in a
> neighbourhood he was passing through when someone tried unsuccessfully
> to find his former home and then to find him a new one. I had him
> checked out and neutered and brought him home about 11 years ago, and
> never regretted it. He was very suitably deferential to Mandy (RB), who
> thought she ran the universe, and when, after she died, I adopted
> Cinnamon, he got on with her too. I knew he would. The shelter who gave
> me Cinnamon were concerned that 'the tom', as they called him, might be
> aggressive towards a new cat, but I knew that Sammy didn't have an
> aggressive bone in his body.
>
> I miss him so much.

Oh Cheryl, I'm so sorry for your painful loss. Purrs sent from my gang.

--
ღ.¸¸.✫*¨`*✶
Cheryl

Cheryl[_5_]
March 25th 16, 11:56 AM
Thank you all for your kind thoughts. Not everyone understands how hard
it is to lose a cat.

--
Cheryl

---

jmcquown[_2_]
March 25th 16, 12:50 PM
On 3/25/2016 6:56 AM, Cheryl wrote:
> Thank you all for your kind thoughts. Not everyone understands how hard
> it is to lose a cat.

Not everyone does, but we certainly do.

Jill

Joy[_3_]
March 25th 16, 08:42 PM
On 3/25/2016 3:56 AM, Cheryl wrote:
> Thank you all for your kind thoughts. Not everyone understands how hard
> it is to lose a cat.

That's sad but true.

Takayuki
March 26th 16, 04:43 AM
On Thu, 24 Mar 2016 11:04:10 -0230, Cheryl > wrote:
>It's a long time since I posted here, although I do lurk a fair bit. I
>had two cats, Cinnamon and Sam. Sadly, Sam developed kidney problems,
>which progressed very rapidly. He died yesterday at the vet clinic,
>where he was having an IV to try to help him out a bit.
>
>He was a lovely cat, very laid back but friendly and cuddly. I adopted
>him as an adult, and he'd clearly had a rough start in life since he had
>a broken tail and scratch in one eyelid at some point in the past. He
>was one of those wandering young toms annoying the resident cats in a
>neighbourhood he was passing through when someone tried unsuccessfully
>to find his former home and then to find him a new one. I had him
>checked out and neutered and brought him home about 11 years ago, and
>never regretted it. He was very suitably deferential to Mandy (RB), who
>thought she ran the universe, and when, after she died, I adopted
>Cinnamon, he got on with her too. I knew he would. The shelter who gave
>me Cinnamon were concerned that 'the tom', as they called him, might be
>aggressive towards a new cat, but I knew that Sammy didn't have an
>aggressive bone in his body.
>
>I miss him so much.

I'm glad to see you here, and very sorry to hear about Sam.

dgk
March 26th 16, 06:23 PM
wrote:

>It's a long time since I posted here, although I do lurk a fair bit. I
>had two cats, Cinnamon and Sam. Sadly, Sam developed kidney problems,
>which progressed very rapidly. He died yesterday at the vet clinic,
>where he was having an IV to try to help him out a bit.
>
>He was a lovely cat, very laid back but friendly and cuddly. I adopted
>him as an adult, and he'd clearly had a rough start in life since he had
>a broken tail and scratch in one eyelid at some point in the past. He
>was one of those wandering young toms annoying the resident cats in a
>neighbourhood he was passing through when someone tried unsuccessfully
>to find his former home and then to find him a new one. I had him
>checked out and neutered and brought him home about 11 years ago, and
>never regretted it. He was very suitably deferential to Mandy (RB), who
>thought she ran the universe, and when, after she died, I adopted
>Cinnamon, he got on with her too. I knew he would. The shelter who gave
>me Cinnamon were concerned that 'the tom', as they called him, might be
>aggressive towards a new cat, but I knew that Sammy didn't have an
>aggressive bone in his body.
>
>I miss him so much.
So sorry to hear this. At least not much suffering then, at least for
Sam.

Jeus[_5_]
March 26th 16, 11:46 PM
wrote:

>It's a long time since I posted here, although I do lurk a fair bit. I
>had two cats, Cinnamon and Sam. Sadly, Sam developed kidney problems,
>which progressed very rapidly. He died yesterday at the vet clinic,
>where he was having an IV to try to help him out a bit.
>
>He was a lovely cat, very laid back but friendly and cuddly. I adopted
>him as an adult, and he'd clearly had a rough start in life since he had
>a broken tail and scratch in one eyelid at some point in the past. He
>was one of those wandering young toms annoying the resident cats in a
>neighbourhood he was passing through when someone tried unsuccessfully
>to find his former home and then to find him a new one. I had him
>checked out and neutered and brought him home about 11 years ago, and
>never regretted it. He was very suitably deferential to Mandy (RB), who
>thought she ran the universe, and when, after she died, I adopted
>Cinnamon, he got on with her too. I knew he would. The shelter who gave
>me Cinnamon were concerned that 'the tom', as they called him, might be
>aggressive towards a new cat, but I knew that Sammy didn't have an
>aggressive bone in his body.
>
>I miss him so much.

That's the hard part - when they leave us :/