PDA

View Full Version : I sat outside


jmcquown[_2_]
March 25th 16, 01:06 AM
Buffy is an indoor cat. She will always be an indoor cat. I saw a 10
foot alligator today which reinforces the idea she doesn't need to be
roaming around outside.

However, it rained practically all year last year, from April through
November. I didn't get to sit outside and enjoy anything. Needed to
buy a rain slicker!

Today - The weather was great, it was mild and sunny. 75┬░F. The chair
cushions weren't soaking wet. Ah, what a nice day to sit outside.

Buffy had pretty much ignored me today after her furminator grooming
session. (She loves that.) She was sleeping in her kitty cradle. I
went outside with a book and a glass of wine. Talked with my SO on the
phone.

Buffy suddenly realized I wasn't right here. She sat at the glass door
meowing at me. I laughed. Sure, when I'm in the house you don't care.
When I sit outside, you want me to come inside. Nope. I enjoyed the
lovely afternoon. Then I came in and gave her some scritches. She's
taking a nap again.

Jill

Takayuki
March 25th 16, 03:33 AM
On Thu, 24 Mar 2016 20:06:15 -0400, jmcquown > wrote:
>Buffy suddenly realized I wasn't right here. She sat at the glass door
>meowing at me. I laughed. Sure, when I'm in the house you don't care.
> When I sit outside, you want me to come inside. Nope. I enjoyed the
>lovely afternoon. Then I came in and gave her some scritches. She's
>taking a nap again.

Buffy was just pointing out that you're no more a match for the 10 foot
alligators than she is. :)

Je▀us[_5_]
March 26th 16, 10:13 PM
On Thu, 24 Mar 2016 20:06:15 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>Buffy is an indoor cat. She will always be an indoor cat. I saw a 10
>foot alligator today which reinforces the idea she doesn't need to be
>roaming around outside.

Speaking of such things, I watched a doco last night called 'The Story
of Cats'. At one point they showed a clip of a Jaguar stalking and
killing a full grown Caiman. killed it almost instantly with a bite to
the back of it's head. Amazing.

jmcquown[_2_]
March 26th 16, 11:52 PM
On 3/26/2016 5:13 PM, Je´┐Żus wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Mar 2016 20:06:15 -0400, jmcquown >
> wrote:
>
>> Buffy is an indoor cat. She will always be an indoor cat. I saw a 10
>> foot alligator today which reinforces the idea she doesn't need to be
>> roaming around outside.
>
> Speaking of such things, I watched a doco last night called 'The Story
> of Cats'. At one point they showed a clip of a Jaguar stalking and
> killing a full grown Caiman. killed it almost instantly with a bite to
> the back of it's head. Amazing.
>
Yep, jaguars are extremely strong cats!

Jill

Je▀us[_5_]
March 28th 16, 08:35 AM
On Sat, 26 Mar 2016 18:52:18 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 3/26/2016 5:13 PM, Je?us wrote:
>> On Thu, 24 Mar 2016 20:06:15 -0400, jmcquown >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Buffy is an indoor cat. She will always be an indoor cat. I saw a 10
>>> foot alligator today which reinforces the idea she doesn't need to be
>>> roaming around outside.
>>
>> Speaking of such things, I watched a doco last night called 'The Story
>> of Cats'. At one point they showed a clip of a Jaguar stalking and
>> killing a full grown Caiman. killed it almost instantly with a bite to
>> the back of it's head. Amazing.
>>
>Yep, jaguars are extremely strong cats!

One would think Lions or Siberian Tiger... but nope.

jmcquown[_2_]
March 28th 16, 09:44 AM
On 3/28/2016 3:35 AM, Je´┐Żus wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Mar 2016 18:52:18 -0400, jmcquown >
> wrote:
>
>> On 3/26/2016 5:13 PM, Je?us wrote:
>>> On Thu, 24 Mar 2016 20:06:15 -0400, jmcquown >
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>>> Buffy is an indoor cat. She will always be an indoor cat. I saw a 10
>>>> foot alligator today which reinforces the idea she doesn't need to be
>>>> roaming around outside.
>>>
>>> Speaking of such things, I watched a doco last night called 'The Story
>>> of Cats'. At one point they showed a clip of a Jaguar stalking and
>>> killing a full grown Caiman. killed it almost instantly with a bite to
>>> the back of it's head. Amazing.
>>>
>> Yep, jaguars are extremely strong cats!
>
> One would think Lions or Siberian Tiger... but nope.
>
They're strong, they're fast. They don't have to be the biggest cat to
be the strongest. They've honed those skills over a thousand years. :)

Jill