PDA

View Full Version : Wez greive with thee

Mishi[_2_]
March 26th 16, 01:17 AM
For the passing of Melissa Patterson, who lost her fight with cancer not long ago. PurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurr

Samuel Redcat Mahoney
March 26th 16, 02:34 AM
On 3/25/16 7:17 PM, Mishi wrote:
> For the passing of Melissa Patterson, who lost her fight with cancer not long ago. PurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurr

[All of the Mahoney kitties (and dog) form a purr (and drool) circle.
Sammy, Ranger, Starr, and Francesca huddle down and issue their best,
strongest, most powerful and loving purrs (and drools).]

Ellie Terrell
March 26th 16, 05:01 AM
On Friday, March 25, 2016 at 8:17:43 PM UTC-4, Mishi wrote:
> For the passing of Melissa Patterson, who lost her fight with cancer not long ago. PurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurr

Our mom met Auntie Melissa 20 years ago right here at rpcc. No one loved rpcc and all the kitties here more than she did. She has been keeping track of every purrson and fur who went to the Rainbow Bridge and recording them on the Walk of Remembranz so no one would ever be forgotten. She was the most loving and kind purrson we effur knew and we will miss her foreffur.

Phoebe & Mr Ringo Binx, joining the purr circle

(and their mom with MMS)

March 26th 16, 05:11 AM
On Friday, March 25, 2016 at 8:17:43 PM UTC-4, Mishi wrote:
> For the passing of Melissa Patterson, who lost her fight with cancer not long ago. PurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurr

Four very sad kitties and their mom in NYC join the purr circle for their beloved Antie Melissa. She will always be in our memories and hearts.

Misty and Kahlua, Gemmy and Taco

March 26th 16, 06:11 AM
On Friday, March 25, 2016 at 5:17:43 PM UTC-7, Mishi wrote:
> For the passing of Melissa Patterson, who lost her fight with cancer not long ago. PurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurr

Tucson, Rena, and Julio puddies, Pinto and Fozbunny bunniez, and a pond fulla fishies, and their two hoomins join the sad sad circle. Auntie Melissa was in our lives for 20 years, and we will miss her so furry much. She brought so much love and happiness to all of us. I wish I could come up with the words to say just how.much she meant to all of us. Bast bless you, Auntie Melinda. You are forever in our hearts.

March 26th 16, 06:19 AM
On Friday, March 25, 2016 at 7:17:43 PM UTC-5, Mishi wrote:
> For the passing of Melissa Patterson, who lost her fight with cancer not long ago. PurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurr

a contingent of cats from Texas arrives.. Ghost, the oldest, is carrying a small figure of Aragon, which holds special meaning to her mom.. It was a gift from Auntie Melissa a few years ago. They join the purr circle, and the vibrations fill the air...

We miss you Auntie Melissa.. we will see you again...

squiffer wanderer
March 26th 16, 06:57 AM
On Friday, March 25, 2016 at 7:17:43 PM UTC-5, Mishi wrote:
> For the passing of Melissa Patterson, who lost her fight with cancer not long ago. PurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurr

Thank you. Our group started right here, during the Rppc wars over meowchat. We, all of us, fought that one bravely and well, and we won.

Of all of us, Melissa maintained the closest ties with you. She loved this group and looked forward each year to the ball. She celebrated the remembrance of each cat who died, and placed their name and family on the wall of remembrance, which she created.

Each death hurt her, and each cat was reverently placed on the wall. The calling of the names at the ball was crucial to her. You, and I, and all our cats lived in her heart. Melissa had a very very big heart.

Please take a few moments to remember her, and , perhaps, make a little home for her in your hearts.

squiffer wanderer
March 26th 16, 07:03 AM
On Friday, March 25, 2016 at 7:17:43 PM UTC-5, Mishi wrote:
> For the passing of Melissa Patterson, who lost her fight with cancer not long ago. PurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurr

16 Texas kitties join the circle to mourn the loss of their good friend, Melissa, and celebrate her entrance to Rainbow Bridge. After a certain amount of squeaky mews, while pushing each other into place they huddle together , even though it is not cold at all.

Kate Ashley
March 26th 16, 07:03 AM
By now, Melissa, I know you are whole and well at RB, snuggling with Omar. Melissa you were the loving heart of RPC and MC and you will be missed by so many of us.
😢

Pipps=^..^=
March 26th 16, 02:43 PM
"squiffer wanderer" wrote in message

On Friday, March 25, 2016 at 7:17:43 PM UTC-5, Mishi wrote:
> For the passing of Melissa Patterson, who lost her fight with cancer not
> long ago. PurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurr

>16 Texas kitties join the circle to mourn the loss of their good friend,
>Melissa, and celebrate her entrance to Rainbow Bridge. After a certain
>amount of squeaky mews, while pushing each other into place >they huddle
>together , even though it is not cold at all.

Mosey, PookyKat n Pipps form a purr circle for the loss of their good frend
Melissa, n doze hur lef behind.

Ray or Fran[_2_]
March 26th 16, 06:49 PM
On Friday, March 25, 2016 at 8:17:43 PM UTC-4, Mishi wrote:
> For the passing of Melissa Patterson, who lost her fight with cancer not long ago. PurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurr

Tabby respectfully joins the purr circle for their beloved Aunti Melissa (RB).

I also met Melissa on rpc about 20 years ago; and I know she cared deeply for each and every kitty and human that she made a brick for until she could no longer.

Rest in peace Melissa - play with Omar and all your other beloved furs and those that you honored so well. Until we all meet again.

Fran

cshenk
March 26th 16, 09:49 PM
Mishi wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

> For the passing of Melissa Patterson, who lost her fight with cancer
> not long ago. PurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurr

Daisy-chan shakes her head then goes to cry with Iowna and Cash.

--

cshenk
March 26th 16, 10:08 PM
squiffer wanderer wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

> On Friday, March 25, 2016 at 7:17:43 PM UTC-5, Mishi wrote:
> > For the passing of Melissa Patterson, who lost her fight with
> > cancer not long ago. PurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurr
>
> Thank you. Our group started right here, during the Rppc wars over
> meowchat. We, all of us, fought that one bravely and well, and we won.
>
> Of all of us, Melissa maintained the closest ties with you. She loved
> this group and looked forward each year to the ball. She celebrated
> the remembrance of each cat who died, and placed their name and
> family on the wall of remembrance, which she created.
>
> Each death hurt her, and each cat was reverently placed on the wall.
> The calling of the names at the ball was crucial to her. You, and I,
> and all our cats lived in her heart. Melissa had a very very big
> heart.
>
> Please take a few moments to remember her, and , perhaps, make a
> little home for her in your hearts.

I stepped in last year to help with the ball. She had all the names to
announce and i added a few then she showed me how to put my own touch
in it all.

I don't think anyone has access to maintain the remebernce wall now.
THat would not have been her wish as she would have wanted it to
continue.

Meantime, rest assured Melissa has awoken at her side of life. She's
probably getting swarmed by many of our friends but the most persistant
must be Aunti Mabel!

--

Dan Mahoney[_2_]
March 26th 16, 11:06 PM
> I don't think anyone has access to maintain the remebernce wall now.
> THat would not have been her wish as she would have wanted it to
> continue.

I think I can probably capture the current contents. I should then be
able to try to take over the function. There is no way anyone could do
it as well as Melissa did, but I don't believe she would want it to go away.

Dan

Sundance and/or Rebecca
March 27th 16, 03:45 AM
That would be much appreciated, Dan.

Anti Sandy

squiffer wanderer
March 27th 16, 04:24 AM
On Saturday, March 26, 2016 at 5:06:10 PM UTC-5, Dan Mahoney wrote:
> > I don't think anyone has access to maintain the remebernce wall now.
> > THat would not have been her wish as she would have wanted it to
> > continue.
>
> I think I can probably capture the current contents. I should then be
> able to try to take over the function. There is no way anyone could do
> it as well as Melissa did, but I don't believe she would want it to go away.
>
> Dan

That is extremely kind and thoughtful of you, and very on the money. IT was heavy on our minds also, so we, meaning our tiny group who sprang from here,who are fortunate enough to have a very tech savvy lady, Jan, who found a way to download and capture both Melissa's website, and the Wall. We all chipped in to fund it, Melissa said it was closest to her heart, so we found it unacceptable not continue it, forever, if we can.

Since you have a long time FB presence and also a consistent presence here, I wonder if you might be available to be a reporter representing RPC and FB?

I can't imagine how we would keep up with all the deaths otherwise.

Kathy Gittel

squiffer wanderer
March 27th 16, 04:43 AM
On Saturday, March 26, 2016 at 4:08:09 PM UTC-5, cshenk wrote:
> squiffer wanderer wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:
>
> > On Friday, March 25, 2016 at 7:17:43 PM UTC-5, Mishi wrote:
> > > For the passing of Melissa Patterson, who lost her fight with
> > > cancer not long ago. PurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurr
> >
> > Thank you. Our group started right here, during the Rppc wars over
> > meowchat. We, all of us, fought that one bravely and well, and we won.
> >
> > Of all of us, Melissa maintained the closest ties with you. She loved
> > this group and looked forward each year to the ball. She celebrated
> > the remembrance of each cat who died, and placed their name and
> > family on the wall of remembrance, which she created.
> >
> > Each death hurt her, and each cat was reverently placed on the wall.
> > The calling of the names at the ball was crucial to her. You, and I,
> > and all our cats lived in her heart. Melissa had a very very big
> > heart.
> >
> > Please take a few moments to remember her, and , perhaps, make a
> > little home for her in your hearts.
>
> I stepped in last year to help with the ball. She had all the names to
> announce and i added a few then she showed me how to put my own touch
> in it all.

> Meantime, rest assured Melissa has awoken at her side of life. She's
> probably getting swarmed by many of our friends but the most persistant
> must be Aunti Mabel!

Yes, I remember. She was already sick at that point, but quite certain she'd overcome it as she had in the past.

Yes, and also Omar, who was her special cat.

But I'd much prefer her to be right here where she belonged, for at least another 20 years.

Cancer is a loathsome disease.

Ellie Terrell
March 27th 16, 05:47 PM
On Saturday, March 26, 2016 at 6:06:10 PM UTC-4, Dan Mahoney wrote:
> > I don't think anyone has access to maintain the remebernce wall now.
> > THat would not have been her wish as she would have wanted it to
> > continue.
>
> I think I can probably capture the current contents. I should then be
> able to try to take over the function. There is no way anyone could do
> it as well as Melissa did, but I don't believe she would want it to go away.
>
> Dan

Dan, we are already working on that now. The Wall will not go away. We know she would have wished it to continue on.
Ellie

SnowballPickleMuzaffer
March 27th 16, 09:01 PM
In article >, squiffer
wanderer says...

>On Saturday, March 26, 2016 at 4:08:09 PM UTC-5, cshenk wrote:
>> squiffer wanderer wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

>> > Thank you. Our group started right here, during the Rppc wars over
>> > meowchat. We, all of us, fought that one bravely and well, and we won.
>> >
>> > Of all of us, Melissa maintained the closest ties with you. She loved
>> > this group and looked forward each year to the ball. She celebrated
>> > the remembrance of each cat who died, and placed their name and
>> > family on the wall of remembrance, which she created.
>> >
>> > Each death hurt her, and each cat was reverently placed on the wall.
>> > The calling of the names at the ball was crucial to her. You, and I,
>> > and all our cats lived in her heart. Melissa had a very very big
>> > heart.
>> >
>> > Please take a few moments to remember her, and , perhaps, make a
>> > little home for her in your hearts.
>>
>> I stepped in last year to help with the ball. She had all the names to
>> announce and i added a few then she showed me how to put my own touch
>> in it all.
>

>> Meantime, rest assured Melissa has awoken at her side of life. She's
>> probably getting swarmed by many of our friends but the most persistant
>> must be Aunti Mabel!
>>
>Yes, I remember. She was already sick at that point, but quite certain she'd
>overcome it as she had in the past.
>
>Yes, and also Omar, who was her special cat.
>
>But I'd much prefer her to be right here where she belonged, for at least
>another 20 years.
>
>Cancer is a loathsome disease.

I didn't realize she was sick at that point. We were on another email list
together and the last posts from her there were in November.

Also don't forget Mietze (It's Me...Mietze!) who used to read the names for many
years.

Stacey

March 27th 16, 11:34 PM
On Saturday, March 26, 2016 at 3:06:10 PM UTC-7, Dan Mahoney wrote:
> > I don't think anyone has access to maintain the remebernce wall now.
> > THat would not have been her wish as she would have wanted it to
> > continue.
>
> I think I can probably capture the current contents. I should then be
> able to try to take over the function. There is no way anyone could do
> it as well as Melissa did, but I don't believe she would want it to go away.
>
> Dan

Thank you for your generous offer, Dan, but a group of us that have known, loved, and knew her well since 1996 have copied the site and are in the process of creating a duplicate where people will be able to go and submit their lost ones, of whatever fur purrsasion and have them posted. Please give us a bit of time, we have a very experienced person working on this problem. Thank you very much for caring about Melissa. -Melinda

squiffer wanderer
March 27th 16, 11:40 PM
On Sunday, March 27, 2016 at 3:01:37 PM UTC-5, SnowballPickleMuzaffer wrote:
> In article >, squiffer
> wanderer says...

> >> I stepped in last year to help with the ball. She had all the names to
> >> announce and i added a few then she showed me how to put my own touch
> >> in it all.
> >

> >> Meantime, rest assured Melissa has awoken at her side of life. She's
> >> probably getting swarmed by many of our friends but the most persistant
> >> must be Aunti Mabel!
> >>
> >Yes, I remember. She was already sick at that point, but quite certain she'd
> >overcome it as she had in the past.
> >
> >Yes, and also Omar, who was her special cat.
> >
> >But I'd much prefer her to be right here where she belonged, for at least
> >another 20 years.
> >
> >Cancer is a loathsome disease.
>
> I didn't realize she was sick at that point. We were on another email list
> together and the last posts from her there were in November.
>
> Also don't forget Mietze (It's Me...Mietze!) who used to read the names for many
> years.
>
> Stacey

Gawd yes. How could I forget MIetze? THey were delightful meowers. Quite different, one from the other.
Yes, November...we hardly heard from her. The last set of treatments were hell on her.

cshenk
March 28th 16, 01:29 AM
Dan Mahoney wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

> > I don't think anyone has access to maintain the remebernce wall now.
> > THat would not have been her wish as she would have wanted it to
> > continue.
>
> I think I can probably capture the current contents. I should then be
> able to try to take over the function. There is no way anyone could
> do it as well as Melissa did, but I don't believe she would want it
> to go away.
>
> Dan

PLease help capture the names for us all then. I think I can figure
out the rest. I'm just not up to that part.

--

Pipps=^..^=
March 28th 16, 05:06 PM
"Pipps=^..^=" wrote in message ...

"squiffer wanderer" wrote in message

On Friday, March 25, 2016 at 7:17:43 PM UTC-5, Mishi wrote:
> For the passing of Melissa Patterson, who lost her fight with cancer not
> long ago. PurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurr

>16 Texas kitties join the circle to mourn the loss of their good friend,
>Melissa, and celebrate her entrance to Rainbow Bridge. After a certain
>amount of squeaky mews, while pushing each other into place >they huddle
>together , even though it is not cold at all.

Mosey, PookyKat n Pipps form a purr circle for the loss of their good frend
Melissa, n doze hur lef behind.

Melissa was nice and sent comfort to our home when my Momcat Sqweex went to
Rainbow bridge, on Jan 13, 2016
I miss my Momcat.
Love Pipps

Will in New Haven[_2_]
March 29th 16, 02:03 PM
On Friday, March 25, 2016 at 8:17:43 PM UTC-4, Mishi wrote:
> For the passing of Melissa Patterson, who lost her fight with cancer not long ago. PurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurr

Purrs frum me an 'tempted purrs from mine fur-sisfer Samanfa. She will allus be rememfurred by kitties and mere hoomins an good doggies.

--
Squeakytoy for her Hous

March 30th 16, 04:20 AM
On Saturday, March 26, 2016 at 6:45:17 PM UTC-8, Sundance and/or Rebecca wrote:
> That would be much appreciated, Dan.
>
> Anti Sandy

Agreed. Fangu Unka Dan.
Pit2na hunkerz down and purrs.

cshenk
April 4th 16, 11:55 PM
Dan Mahoney wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

> > I don't think anyone has access to maintain the remebernce wall now.
> > THat would not have been her wish as she would have wanted it to
> > continue.
>
> I think I can probably capture the current contents. I should then be
> able to try to take over the function. There is no way anyone could
> do it as well as Melissa did, but I don't believe she would want it
> to go away.
>
> Dan

That would be wonderful Dan!

--

cshenk
April 5th 16, 12:05 AM
wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

> On Saturday, March 26, 2016 at 3:06:10 PM UTC-7, Dan Mahoney wrote:
> > > I don't think anyone has access to maintain the remebernce wall
> > > now. THat would not have been her wish as she would have wanted
> > > it to continue.
> >
> > I think I can probably capture the current contents. I should then
> > be able to try to take over the function. There is no way anyone
> > could do it as well as Melissa did, but I don't believe she would
> > want it to go away.
> >
> > Dan
>
> Thank you for your generous offer, Dan, but a group of us that have
> known, loved, and knew her well since 1996 have copied the site and
> are in the process of creating a duplicate where people will be able
> to go and submit their lost ones, of whatever fur purrsasion and have
> them posted. Please give us a bit of time, we have a very
> experienced person working on this problem. Thank you very much for
> caring about Melissa. -Melinda

Keep my address handy then as I will need access to the information
unless another wants to do the reader portion. THe main announcer sets
the dates and such but the reader sets the tone after the opening
phases. Its actually a fair amount of work but Melissa helped me see
how it all works together last year. I saved it all in archives. I'd
have been lost though without an initial list to start from.

For our list keeper, we probably need a review now so we can plug
(sadly) holes.

Carol