PDA

View Full Version : The Furminator

jmcquown[_2_]
May 14th 16, 01:34 PM
Nope, I'm not spamming and I don't get paid for this. But I really like
this cat grooming tool.

Buffy is a moggie, an American Short Hair. Short hair? Sure. But she
has a very thick, heavy coat. She sheds constantly. Pet her, run your
hand across her back, fur comes wafting off. Achoo!!

This grooming tool is the best thing I've found for combing that thick
undercoat. And she absolutely loves the grooming sessions, which, in
her case, occur at least weekly. She purrs, she rolls into me, she does
the elevator butt thing on purpose so I can get to her back and tail. It
must feel a bit to her like being given scritches. :)

The amount of excess fur this grooming tool removes is utterly amazing.
I highly recommend the Furminator if you have a cat that sheds a lot. :)

Jill

MaryL[_2_]
May 14th 16, 04:53 PM
On 5/14/2016 7:34 AM, jmcquown wrote:
> Nope, I'm not spamming and I don't get paid for this. But I really like
> this cat grooming tool.
>
> Buffy is a moggie, an American Short Hair. Short hair? Sure. But she
> has a very thick, heavy coat. She sheds constantly. Pet her, run your
> hand across her back, fur comes wafting off. Achoo!!
>
> This grooming tool is the best thing I've found for combing that thick
> undercoat. And she absolutely loves the grooming sessions, which, in
> her case, occur at least weekly. She purrs, she rolls into me, she does
> the elevator butt thing on purpose so I can get to her back and tail. It
> must feel a bit to her like being given scritches. :)
>
> The amount of excess fur this grooming tool removes is utterly amazing.
> I highly recommend the Furminator if you have a cat that sheds a lot. :)
>
> Jill
I have one, and you're right--they're great! The amount of fur they
remove (3 cast--2 long hair and one short hair) is amazing. I could be
in business if anyone wanted pillows stuffed with cat fur instead of
goose down.

MaryL

jmcquown[_2_]
May 14th 16, 08:30 PM
On 5/14/2016 11:53 AM, MaryL wrote:
> On 5/14/2016 7:34 AM, jmcquown wrote:
>> Nope, I'm not spamming and I don't get paid for this. But I really like
>> this cat grooming tool.
>>
>> Buffy is a moggie, an American Short Hair. Short hair? Sure. But she
>> has a very thick, heavy coat. She sheds constantly. Pet her, run your
>> hand across her back, fur comes wafting off. Achoo!!
>>
>> This grooming tool is the best thing I've found for combing that thick
>> undercoat. And she absolutely loves the grooming sessions, which, in
>> her case, occur at least weekly. She purrs, she rolls into me, she does
>> the elevator butt thing on purpose so I can get to her back and tail. It
>> must feel a bit to her like being given scritches. :)
>>
>> The amount of excess fur this grooming tool removes is utterly amazing.
>> I highly recommend the Furminator if you have a cat that sheds a lot. :)
>>
>> Jill
> I have one, and you're right--they're great! The amount of fur they
> remove (3 cast--2 long hair and one short hair) is amazing. I could be
> in business if anyone wanted pillows stuffed with cat fur instead of
> goose down.
>
> MaryL

Exactly! I could probably knit another cat (if I knew how to knit) from
the fur I get off Buffy with that de-shedding tool. :)

Jill

Bastette
May 18th 16, 12:53 AM
jmcquown wrote:

> On 5/14/2016 11:53 AM, MaryL wrote:
>> On 5/14/2016 7:34 AM, jmcquown wrote:
>>> Nope, I'm not spamming and I don't get paid for this. But I really like
>>> this cat grooming tool.
>>>
>>> Buffy is a moggie, an American Short Hair. Short hair? Sure. But she
>>> has a very thick, heavy coat. She sheds constantly. Pet her, run your
>>> hand across her back, fur comes wafting off. Achoo!!
>>>
>>> This grooming tool is the best thing I've found for combing that thick
>>> undercoat. And she absolutely loves the grooming sessions, which, in
>>> her case, occur at least weekly. She purrs, she rolls into me, she does
>>> the elevator butt thing on purpose so I can get to her back and tail. It
>>> must feel a bit to her like being given scritches. :)
>>>
>>> The amount of excess fur this grooming tool removes is utterly amazing.
>>> I highly recommend the Furminator if you have a cat that sheds a lot. :)
>>>
>>> Jill
>> I have one, and you're right--they're great! The amount of fur they
>> remove (3 cast--2 long hair and one short hair) is amazing. I could be
>> in business if anyone wanted pillows stuffed with cat fur instead of
>> goose down.
>>
>> MaryL
>>
> Exactly! I could probably knit another cat (if I knew how to knit) from
> the fur I get off Buffy with that de-shedding tool. :)

Does the Furminator make any noise? (I'm trying to determine whether
Licky would be afraid of it.)

--
Joyce

- Mommy loves you too my sweaty litter baby fire
- Ummm what mom?
- MY SWEET LITTLE BABY GIRL!! sorry honey!
-- damnyouautocorrect.com

MaryL[_2_]
May 18th 16, 01:20 AM
On 5/17/2016 6:53 PM, Bastette wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:

> >> I have one, and you're right--they're great! The amount of fur they
> >> remove (3 cast--2 long hair and one short hair) is amazing. I could be
> >> in business if anyone wanted pillows stuffed with cat fur instead of
> >> goose down.
> >>
> >> MaryL
> >>
> > Exactly! I could probably knit another cat (if I knew how to knit) from
> > the fur I get off Buffy with that de-shedding tool. :)
>
> Does the Furminator make any noise? (I'm trying to determine whether
> Licky would be afraid of it.)

No, the furminator is simply a tool for bruching/combing a cat or dog
and helping with deshedding. There are a variety of sizes available.
There is one type that can be attached to a vacuum, but I have never
used (or even seen) that version.

Here is a site with a video shown how it is used:
http://www.furminator.com/pet-deshedding-solutions-tools.aspx

MaryL

MaryL[_2_]
May 18th 16, 01:22 AM
On 5/17/2016 7:20 PM, MaryL wrote:
> On 5/17/2016 6:53 PM, Bastette wrote:
>>
>> Does the Furminator make any noise? (I'm trying to determine whether
>> Licky would be afraid of it.)
>>
> No, the furminator is simply a tool for bruching/combing a cat or dog
> and helping with deshedding. There are a variety of sizes available.
> There is one type that can be attached to a vacuum, but I have never
> used (or even seen) that version.
>
> Here is a site with a video shown how it is used:
> http://www.furminator.com/pet-deshedding-solutions-tools.aspx
>
> MaryL

Ooops! It's obvious that I need to do some proofreading. I meant to
say that it is a tool for "brushing/combing."

MaryL

Joy[_3_]
May 18th 16, 06:40 PM
On 5/18/2016 7:22 AM, Adrian wrote:
> MaryL > wrote:

>>> No, the furminator is simply a tool for bruching/combing a cat or dog
>>> and helping with deshedding. There are a variety of sizes available.
>>> There is one type that can be attached to a vacuum, but I have never
>>> used (or even seen) that version.
>>>
>>> Here is a site with a video shown how it is used:
>>> http://www.furminator.com/pet-deshedding-solutions-tools.aspx
>>>
>>> MaryL
>>>
>> Ooops! It's obvious that I need to do some proofreading. I meant to
>> say that it is a tool for "brushing/combing."
>>
>> MaryL
>>

> LOL I didn't notice the typo until you pointed it out.

I didn't either.

Christina Websell
May 25th 16, 06:27 PM
"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> Nope, I'm not spamming and I don't get paid for this. But I really like
> this cat grooming tool.
>
> Buffy is a moggie, an American Short Hair. Short hair? Sure. But she
> has a very thick, heavy coat. She sheds constantly. Pet her, run your
> hand across her back, fur comes wafting off. Achoo!!
>
> This grooming tool is the best thing I've found for combing that thick
> undercoat. And she absolutely loves the grooming sessions, which, in her
> case, occur at least weekly. She purrs, she rolls into me, she does the
> elevator butt thing on purpose so I can get to her back and tail. It must
> feel a bit to her like being given scritches. :)
>
> The amount of excess fur this grooming tool removes is utterly amazing. I
> highly recommend the Furminator if you have a cat that sheds a lot. :)
>
> Jill

Now I'm here for a moment, I have never tried the Furminator, don't even
know if you can get it here? I use a Zoom Groom on Boyfie, it pulls his
loose hair out with rubber fingers and providing I croon to him that it's
lovely, he agrees with me and will turn over to have his tummy done, which
is amazing. He loves the sensation of massage it gives.

MaryL[_2_]
May 25th 16, 09:58 PM
> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>> Nope, I'm not spamming and I don't get paid for this. But I really like
>> this cat grooming tool.
>>
>> Buffy is a moggie, an American Short Hair. Short hair? Sure. But she
>> has a very thick, heavy coat. She sheds constantly. Pet her, run your
>> hand across her back, fur comes wafting off. Achoo!!
>>
>> This grooming tool is the best thing I've found for combing that thick
>> undercoat. And she absolutely loves the grooming sessions, which, in her
>> case, occur at least weekly. She purrs, she rolls into me, she does the
>> elevator butt thing on purpose so I can get to her back and tail. It must
>> feel a bit to her like being given scritches. :)
>>
>> The amount of excess fur this grooming tool removes is utterly amazing. I
>> highly recommend the Furminator if you have a cat that sheds a lot. :)
>>
>> Jill
>
> Now I'm here for a moment, I have never tried the Furminator, don't even
> know if you can get it here? I use a Zoom Groom on Boyfie, it pulls his
> loose hair out with rubber fingers and providing I croon to him that it's
> lovely, he agrees with me and will turn over to have his tummy done, which
> is amazing. He loves the sensation of massage it gives.

Yes, Zoom Groom is great. Furminator and Zoom Groom are my two favorite
tools.

MaryL