PDA

View Full Version : Goofy Rainbow bridge also

Matt Ferrari[_3_]
June 14th 16, 09:50 PM
I didn't mean to take over on mayhems(RB) thread.

Goofy had been declining in health. he was losing weight had stopped eating
as much and then started filling up with fluid.

The night before his vet visit he didn't sleep well like on his side as
usual. His breathing was very heavy.
The vet examined him and guessed he probably had heart failure or some other
cancer related issue that was causing the weight loss and fluid build up.
There was no guarantee that any treatment would extend his life or work.
Because Goofy was 16 we decided to send him to the bridge rather than let
him decline more. It was a very peaceful end. I stayed with him all the way
through. Goofy didn't suffer at all at the end.

It was a loving sacrifice. Very painful to go through though, I knew it was
gonna hurt but not this much.

Thanks for your words of kindness

Matt

jmcquown[_2_]
June 14th 16, 10:25 PM
On 6/14/2016 4:50 PM, Matt Ferrari wrote:
> I didn't mean to take over on mayhems(RB) thread.
>
> Goofy had been declining in health. he was losing weight had stopped eating
> as much and then started filling up with fluid.
>
> The night before his vet visit he didn't sleep well like on his side as
> usual. His breathing was very heavy.
> The vet examined him and guessed he probably had heart failure or some other
> cancer related issue that was causing the weight loss and fluid build up.
> There was no guarantee that any treatment would extend his life or work.
> Because Goofy was 16 we decided to send him to the bridge rather than let
> him decline more. It was a very peaceful end. I stayed with him all the way
> through. Goofy didn't suffer at all at the end.
>
> It was a loving sacrifice. Very painful to go through though, I knew it was
> gonna hurt but not this much.
>
> Thanks for your words of kindness
>
> Matt

And again, please accept my sympathy purrs.

Jill

Joy[_3_]
June 14th 16, 11:47 PM
On 6/14/2016 1:50 PM, Matt Ferrari wrote:
> I didn't mean to take over on mayhems(RB) thread.
>
> Goofy had been declining in health. he was losing weight had stopped eating
> as much and then started filling up with fluid.
>
> The night before his vet visit he didn't sleep well like on his side as
> usual. His breathing was very heavy.
> The vet examined him and guessed he probably had heart failure or some other
> cancer related issue that was causing the weight loss and fluid build up.
> There was no guarantee that any treatment would extend his life or work.
> Because Goofy was 16 we decided to send him to the bridge rather than let
> him decline more. It was a very peaceful end. I stayed with him all the way
> through. Goofy didn't suffer at all at the end.
>
> It was a loving sacrifice. Very painful to go through though, I knew it was
> gonna hurt but not this much.
>
> Thanks for your words of kindness
>
> Matt

Yes, we know we are doing the loving thing, but it still hurts
unbelievably. I'm so sorry.

Joy

Matt Ferrari[_3_]
June 15th 16, 01:11 AM
"Joy" > wrote in message
> On 6/14/2016 1:50 PM, Matt Ferrari wrote:
>> I didn't mean to take over on mayhems(RB) thread.
>>
>> Goofy had been declining in health. he was losing weight had stopped
>> eating
>> as much and then started filling up with fluid.
>>
>> The night before his vet visit he didn't sleep well like on his side as
>> usual. His breathing was very heavy.
>> The vet examined him and guessed he probably had heart failure or some
>> other
>> cancer related issue that was causing the weight loss and fluid build up.
>> There was no guarantee that any treatment would extend his life or work.
>> Because Goofy was 16 we decided to send him to the bridge rather than let
>> him decline more. It was a very peaceful end. I stayed with him all the
>> way
>> through. Goofy didn't suffer at all at the end.
>>
>> It was a loving sacrifice. Very painful to go through though, I knew it
>> was
>> gonna hurt but not this much.
>>
>> Thanks for your words of kindness
>>
>> Matt
>
> Yes, we know we are doing the loving thing, but it still hurts
> unbelievably. I'm so sorry.
>
> Joy

ty

Bastette
June 15th 16, 11:43 PM
Matt Ferrari wrote:

> I didn't mean to take over on mayhems(RB) thread.

> Goofy had been declining in health. he was losing weight had stopped eating
> as much and then started filling up with fluid.

> The night before his vet visit he didn't sleep well like on his side as
> usual. His breathing was very heavy.
> The vet examined him and guessed he probably had heart failure or some other
> cancer related issue that was causing the weight loss and fluid build up.
> There was no guarantee that any treatment would extend his life or work.
> Because Goofy was 16 we decided to send him to the bridge rather than let
> him decline more. It was a very peaceful end. I stayed with him all the way
> through. Goofy didn't suffer at all at the end.

> It was a loving sacrifice. Very painful to go through though, I knew it was
> gonna hurt but not this much.

> Thanks for your words of kindness

I'm so sorry, Matt! I've always enjoyed your posts about Goofy and the
cute pictures that you usually included. He will be missed. :-(

Joyce

Christina Websell
June 20th 16, 07:14 PM
"Matt Ferrari" > wrote in message
>I didn't mean to take over on mayhems(RB) thread.
>
> Goofy had been declining in health. he was losing weight had stopped
> eating as much and then started filling up with fluid.
>
> The night before his vet visit he didn't sleep well like on his side as
> usual. His breathing was very heavy.
> The vet examined him and guessed he probably had heart failure or some
> other cancer related issue that was causing the weight loss and fluid
> build up. There was no guarantee that any treatment would extend his life
> or work. Because Goofy was 16 we decided to send him to the bridge rather
> than let him decline more. It was a very peaceful end. I stayed with him
> all the way through. Goofy didn't suffer at all at the end.
>
> It was a loving sacrifice. Very painful to go through though, I knew it
> was gonna hurt but not this much.
>
> Thanks for your words of kindness
>
> Matt

I think you did the right thing. I'm sorry, I know how hard it is. Been
there, done it. Condolences for his loss. It is never easy, although you
know you are making the right decision.
Purrs for your heart.

Matt Ferrari[_3_]
June 25th 16, 01:52 AM
"Christina Websell" > wrote in message
> I think you did the right thing. I'm sorry, I know how hard it is. Been
> there, done it. Condolences for his loss. It is never easy, although you
> know you are making the right decision.
> Purrs for your heart.

thanks.