PDA

View Full Version : Kerry's had her surgery

Cheryl[_6_]
June 20th 16, 03:47 PM
So Kerry was spayed last Friday, and was bright-eyed and alert and
bouncy when I picked her up mid-afternoon. I'm trying to keep her quiet
and out of the room with the highest furniture/perches except when I'm
there, as per the vet's instructions. The vet also recommended a cone
collar, which I managed to get on twice. The first time she got it off
almost instantly, and I thought the contortions she went through weren't
good for her. I tried again a day or so later, adjusting it a bit
tighter. It stayed on a little longer, but she still got it off and I
haven't found it yet. Well, she's not licking the incision, at least!

I was a bit surprised to find her belly shaved and quite a good-sized
incision there. Last time I had a cat spayed, the vet shaved a little
patch from one side and put the incision there. I googled, of course
(what did we do before google?) and found out that which choice is made
depends on the vet's training, preference and often location - the belly
incision being more common in North America, where I am, and the side
one more common in the UK.

--
Cheryl

Matt Ferrari[_3_]
June 20th 16, 06:17 PM
"Cheryl" > wrote in message
> So Kerry was spayed last Friday, and was bright-eyed and alert and bouncy
> when I picked her up mid-afternoon. I'm trying to keep her quiet and out
> of the room with the highest furniture/perches except when I'm there, as
> per the vet's instructions. The vet also recommended a cone collar, which
> I managed to get on twice. The first time she got it off almost instantly,
> and I thought the contortions she went through weren't good for her. I
> tried again a day or so later, adjusting it a bit tighter. It stayed on a
> little longer, but she still got it off and I haven't found it yet. Well,
> she's not licking the incision, at least!
>
> I was a bit surprised to find her belly shaved and quite a good-sized
> incision there. Last time I had a cat spayed, the vet shaved a little
> patch from one side and put the incision there. I googled, of course (what
> did we do before google?) and found out that which choice is made depends
> on the vet's training, preference and often location - the belly incision
> being more common in North America, where I am, and the side one more
> common in the UK.
>
> --
> Cheryl

Kerry hid the cone. That way you cant re apply it

Joy[_3_]
June 20th 16, 11:12 PM
On 6/20/2016 7:47 AM, Cheryl wrote:
> So Kerry was spayed last Friday, and was bright-eyed and alert and
> bouncy when I picked her up mid-afternoon. I'm trying to keep her quiet
> and out of the room with the highest furniture/perches except when I'm
> there, as per the vet's instructions. The vet also recommended a cone
> collar, which I managed to get on twice. The first time she got it off
> almost instantly, and I thought the contortions she went through weren't
> good for her. I tried again a day or so later, adjusting it a bit
> tighter. It stayed on a little longer, but she still got it off and I
> haven't found it yet. Well, she's not licking the incision, at least!
>
> I was a bit surprised to find her belly shaved and quite a good-sized
> incision there. Last time I had a cat spayed, the vet shaved a little
> patch from one side and put the incision there. I googled, of course
> (what did we do before google?) and found out that which choice is made
> depends on the vet's training, preference and often location - the belly
> incision being more common in North America, where I am, and the side
> one more common in the UK.

It sounds as though she's doing very well, both physically and mentally.
Smart of her to hide the cone.

Matt Ferrari[_3_]
June 21st 16, 12:43 PM

> Clever cat, hiding the collar so you can't put it on again. Purrs for it
> to heal quickly.
>
> Judith
>
> --
> Judith Latham
> Stourbridge, West Midlands. UK.

lol yep

jmcquown[_2_]
June 21st 16, 10:58 PM
On 6/20/2016 10:47 AM, Cheryl wrote:
> So Kerry was spayed last Friday, and was bright-eyed and alert and
> bouncy when I picked her up mid-afternoon. I'm trying to keep her quiet
> and out of the room with the highest furniture/perches except when I'm
> there, as per the vet's instructions. The vet also recommended a cone
> collar, which I managed to get on twice. The first time she got it off
> almost instantly, and I thought the contortions she went through weren't
> good for her. I tried again a day or so later, adjusting it a bit
> tighter. It stayed on a little longer, but she still got it off and I
> haven't found it yet. Well, she's not licking the incision, at least!
>
> I was a bit surprised to find her belly shaved and quite a good-sized
> incision there. Last time I had a cat spayed, the vet shaved a little
> patch from one side and put the incision there. I googled, of course
> (what did we do before google?) and found out that which choice is made
> depends on the vet's training, preference and often location - the belly
> incision being more common in North America, where I am, and the side
> one more common in the UK.

Sounds like Kerry is handling it just fine.

I only had to use a cone with Persia (RB 2014) once. That was when she
was allergic to tapazole (or the vet equivalent) for hyperthyroid and
was chewing the fur off her paws. She went nuts trying to get it off
but had no luck. The medication was out of her system in a couple of days.

I'm thrilled to hear Kerry is doing well.

Jill