PDA

View Full Version : Spicey's poor prognosiis

Takayuki
June 26th 16, 12:26 AM
Spicey stopped eating Thursday evening, and got bloodwork at the vet
yesterday, which were concerning enough that she was admitted for an
overnight stay at the emergency vet today.

Spicey managed to be a little bit of her spunky self, fighting with the
techs. But an ultrasound has found that she has multiple tumors in her
pancreas, and possibly her adrenal glands, small intestine, and elsewhere,
and her kidneys, thyroid, and potassium are also out of whack, they say.

There's not much that can be done about the underlying issues, so she'll
just be getting palliative care over the weekend. After that, I'll probably
bring her home and discuss options with her regular vet.

I've known in my mind that I might not be allowed to have Suz's cat for
very long, but in my heart, I wanted her to be part of our new family
forever.

jmcquown[_2_]
June 26th 16, 12:42 AM
On 6/25/2016 7:26 PM, Takayuki wrote:
> Spicey stopped eating Thursday evening, and got bloodwork at the vet
> yesterday, which were concerning enough that she was admitted for an
> overnight stay at the emergency vet today.
>
> Spicey managed to be a little bit of her spunky self, fighting with the
> techs. But an ultrasound has found that she has multiple tumors in her
> pancreas, and possibly her adrenal glands, small intestine, and elsewhere,
> and her kidneys, thyroid, and potassium are also out of whack, they say.
>
> There's not much that can be done about the underlying issues, so she'll
> just be getting palliative care over the weekend. After that, I'll probably
> bring her home and discuss options with her regular vet.
>
> I've known in my mind that I might not be allowed to have Suz's cat for
> very long, but in my heart, I wanted her to be part of our new family
> forever.

Oh Tak! I'm so sorry to hear about this. I know you brought Spicy out
of her shell when she came to live with you.

Unfortunately we cannot control what happens. I will purr for her. But
at least know you gave her a good home. And she did come out of her
shell somewhat after you brought her home after Suz died. Thank you for
taking her in.

{{{{{{hugs}}}}}

Jill

Joy[_3_]
June 26th 16, 12:47 AM
On 6/25/2016 4:26 PM, Takayuki wrote:
> Spicey stopped eating Thursday evening, and got bloodwork at the vet
> yesterday, which were concerning enough that she was admitted for an
> overnight stay at the emergency vet today.
>
> Spicey managed to be a little bit of her spunky self, fighting with the
> techs. But an ultrasound has found that she has multiple tumors in her
> pancreas, and possibly her adrenal glands, small intestine, and elsewhere,
> and her kidneys, thyroid, and potassium are also out of whack, they say.
>
> There's not much that can be done about the underlying issues, so she'll
> just be getting palliative care over the weekend. After that, I'll probably
> bring her home and discuss options with her regular vet.
>
> I've known in my mind that I might not be allowed to have Suz's cat for
> very long, but in my heart, I wanted her to be part of our new family
> forever.

In your heart, she will be part of your family forever. I'm sorry it
looks as though you may be facing that terrible, loving decision. My
heart goes out.

Takayuki
June 26th 16, 12:58 AM
Thanks Jill, Joy. BTW, here's a picture of her at the vet today. Her body's
failing her from the inside, but you can see that she's alert, and her
spirit is undiminished.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=969821126471178&set=a.969821229804501.1073741826.100003298989994&type=3

Jack Campin
June 26th 16, 01:20 AM
Takayuki > wrote:

> Thanks Jill, Joy. BTW, here's a picture of her at the vet today. Her body's
> failing her from the inside, but you can see that she's alert, and her
> spirit is undiminished.
>
> https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=969821126471178&set=a.969821229804501.1073741826.100003298989994&type=3

What a lovely cat. Here's hoping your remaining time together is as
happy as it can be.

mobile 07800 739 557 <http://www.campin.me.uk> Twitter: JackCampin

Joy[_3_]
June 26th 16, 01:33 AM
On 6/25/2016 5:20 PM, Jack Campin wrote:
> Takayuki > wrote:
>
>> Thanks Jill, Joy. BTW, here's a picture of her at the vet today. Her body's
>> failing her from the inside, but you can see that she's alert, and her
>> spirit is undiminished.
>>
>> https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=969821126471178&set=a.969821229804501.1073741826.100003298989994&type=3
>
> What a lovely cat. Here's hoping your remaining time together is as
> happy as it can be.

> e m a i l : j a c k @ c a m p i n . m e . u k
> Jack Campin, 11 Third Street, Newtongrange, Midlothian EH22 4PU, Scotland
> mobile 07800 739 557 <http://www.campin.me.uk> Twitter: JackCampin

I agree with everything Jack said.

MaryL[_2_]
June 26th 16, 03:07 AM
On 6/25/2016 6:58 PM, Takayuki wrote:
> Thanks Jill, Joy. BTW, here's a picture of her at the vet today. Her body's
> failing her from the inside, but you can see that she's alert, and her
> spirit is undiminished.
>
> https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=969821126471178&set=a.969821229804501.1073741826.100003298989994&type=3

I'm so sorry to hear that Spicey is having a rough time, but please keep
in mind that you have truly been an angel for Suz and Spicey. I'm
sending purrs for the best outcome. She is a beautiful cat.

MaryL

Takayuki
June 26th 16, 03:55 AM
Suz, I'm sorry I couldn't do more for your cat. Actually, she's *my* cat.
Or maybe our cat. I was running around like a decapitated chicken today,
all only get confirmation that Spicey is doomed. I don't know precisely how
doomed, but pretty doomed.

I wish I could do more to fix her, but she frankly has even more problems
than Betty did, and I was never able to fix her either. Why are kitties so
finite Suz? And why were you so finite to leave her with me alone?

Takayuki
June 26th 16, 03:58 AM
On Sat, 25 Jun 2016 21:07:32 -0500, MaryL >
wrote:
>On 6/25/2016 6:58 PM, Takayuki wrote:
>> Thanks Jill, Joy. BTW, here's a picture of her at the vet today. Her body's
>> failing her from the inside, but you can see that she's alert, and her
>> spirit is undiminished.
>>
>> https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=969821126471178&set=a.969821229804501.1073741826.100003298989994&type=3
>>
>I'm so sorry to hear that Spicey is having a rough time, but please keep
>in mind that you have truly been an angel for Suz and Spicey. I'm
>sending purrs for the best outcome. She is a beautiful cat.

A charming thing about her is that she has no idea that she's such a pretty
cat. She rules though threats and swats, not through charm. And that's her
charm. :)

The New Other Guy
June 26th 16, 05:07 AM
On Sat, 25 Jun 2016 22:55:46 -0400, Takayuki > wrote:

>Suz, I'm sorry I couldn't do more for your cat. Actually, she's *my* cat.

Your cat, and you did FINE.

It's God who made cats live such short lives, not humans.

Joy[_3_]
June 26th 16, 06:58 AM
On 6/25/2016 7:55 PM, Takayuki wrote:
> Suz, I'm sorry I couldn't do more for your cat. Actually, she's *my* cat.
> Or maybe our cat. I was running around like a decapitated chicken today,
> all only get confirmation that Spicey is doomed. I don't know precisely how
> doomed, but pretty doomed.
>
> I wish I could do more to fix her, but she frankly has even more problems
> than Betty did, and I was never able to fix her either. Why are kitties so
> finite Suz? And why were you so finite to leave her with me alone?

You've done everything you could. I learned a long time ago that
whenever we allow ourselves to love, we are setting ourselves up to be
hurt. However, without love, there wouldn't be much point to anything.
It's the price we pay for the most precious gift - love.

jmcquown[_2_]
June 26th 16, 12:59 PM
On 6/25/2016 10:55 PM, Takayuki wrote:
> Suz, I'm sorry I couldn't do more for your cat. Actually, she's *my* cat.
> Or maybe our cat. I was running around like a decapitated chicken today,
> all only get confirmation that Spicey is doomed. I don't know precisely how
> doomed, but pretty doomed.
>
> I wish I could do more to fix her, but she frankly has even more problems
> than Betty did, and I was never able to fix her either. Why are kitties so
> finite Suz? And why were you so finite to leave her with me alone?

I feel your pain, Tak. I didn't know Suz but I got to know her through
your posts.

I remember when my mother came home from the hospital (only to die a few
weeks later) one of the first things she asked me was "Where is our
cat?" (Persia, RB 2014). There were medical personnel in the house,
having transported her, so naturally shy Persia was hiding. I found her
and carried her into Mom's room. She reached out and petted her, smiled
and said "There she is!" Oddly, Mom never was really sure what to think
about cats. My father hated cats (no idea why).

I'm so sorry to hear about Spicey's prognosis. You're both in my thoughts.

Jill