PDA

View Full Version : The end of Spicey's story

Takayuki
June 27th 16, 04:52 PM
After consulting with Spicey's vets today, I decided to let her finally
make that last journey to Rainbow Bridge to be reunited with her meowmie,
Suz.

As well as having refused to eat for four days and being riddled with
tumors around her pancreas, they told me that Spicey was uncomfortable,
upset, and angry.

So we were all surprised when she calmed right down when she saw me, and
waddled over to settle into my lap for a nice purr. I felt that love and
recognition of love that she sometimes allows to pass between us, and I
realized that over the few years we had together, she had truly recognized
me as her friend and her family.

As she was put under heavy sedation, she reached for me and scrabbled at
me, as though she was trying to climb out of an unfamiliar fog. If the vet
hadn't clipped her claws a few days ago, I would have been covered in
scratches. She even tried to give me a little nip - a last love bite.

Of all the cats I've known, I think Spicey had the strongest will and
spirit, and with it she captured my heart.

Thank you Spicey, for being there for me after your meowmie died, and thank
you for sharing with me what turned out to be your twilight year. I'll
always love you.

Joy[_3_]
June 27th 16, 06:35 PM
On 6/27/2016 8:52 AM, Takayuki wrote:
> After consulting with Spicey's vets today, I decided to let her finally
> make that last journey to Rainbow Bridge to be reunited with her meowmie,
> Suz.
>
> As well as having refused to eat for four days and being riddled with
> tumors around her pancreas, they told me that Spicey was uncomfortable,
> upset, and angry.
>
> So we were all surprised when she calmed right down when she saw me, and
> waddled over to settle into my lap for a nice purr. I felt that love and
> recognition of love that she sometimes allows to pass between us, and I
> realized that over the few years we had together, she had truly recognized
> me as her friend and her family.
>
> As she was put under heavy sedation, she reached for me and scrabbled at
> me, as though she was trying to climb out of an unfamiliar fog. If the vet
> hadn't clipped her claws a few days ago, I would have been covered in
> scratches. She even tried to give me a little nip - a last love bite.
>
> Of all the cats I've known, I think Spicey had the strongest will and
> spirit, and with it she captured my heart.
>
> Thank you Spicey, for being there for me after your meowmie died, and thank
> you for sharing with me what turned out to be your twilight year. I'll
> always love you.

I'm very sorry to hear this, even though we knew it was coming. I'm
glad she was able to recognize you and show her love for you. Purrs for
you sad heart.

jmcquown[_2_]
June 27th 16, 06:35 PM
On 6/27/2016 11:52 AM, Takayuki wrote:
> After consulting with Spicey's vets today, I decided to let her finally
> make that last journey to Rainbow Bridge to be reunited with her meowmie,
> Suz.
>
> As well as having refused to eat for four days and being riddled with
> tumors around her pancreas, they told me that Spicey was uncomfortable,
> upset, and angry.
>
> So we were all surprised when she calmed right down when she saw me, and
> waddled over to settle into my lap for a nice purr. I felt that love and
> recognition of love that she sometimes allows to pass between us, and I
> realized that over the few years we had together, she had truly recognized
> me as her friend and her family.
>
> As she was put under heavy sedation, she reached for me and scrabbled at
> me, as though she was trying to climb out of an unfamiliar fog. If the vet
> hadn't clipped her claws a few days ago, I would have been covered in
> scratches. She even tried to give me a little nip - a last love bite.
>
> Of all the cats I've known, I think Spicey had the strongest will and
> spirit, and with it she captured my heart.
>
> Thank you Spicey, for being there for me after your meowmie died, and thank
> you for sharing with me what turned out to be your twilight year. I'll
> always love you.

{{{{{{{Tak}}}}}} I'm so sorry.

Jill

Takayuki
June 27th 16, 07:26 PM
On Mon, 27 Jun 2016 10:35:39 -0700, Joy > wrote:
>On 6/27/2016 8:52 AM, Takayuki wrote:
>I'm very sorry to hear this, even though we knew it was coming. I'm
>glad she was able to recognize you and show her love for you. Purrs for
>you sad heart.

I've been crying and crying over this little cat. But I'm so glad that I
was able to share the paradoxical joys of having an untame kitty, and the
twists of fate that produced some unexpectedly magical moments.

And all due to the last cat a person might think would bring people
together.

Je▀us[_6_]
June 27th 16, 10:24 PM
On Mon, 27 Jun 2016 11:52:49 -0400, Takayuki >
wrote:

>After consulting with Spicey's vets today, I decided to let her finally
>make that last journey to Rainbow Bridge to be reunited with her meowmie,
>Suz.
>
>As well as having refused to eat for four days and being riddled with
>tumors around her pancreas, they told me that Spicey was uncomfortable,
>upset, and angry.
>
>So we were all surprised when she calmed right down when she saw me, and
>waddled over to settle into my lap for a nice purr. I felt that love and
>recognition of love that she sometimes allows to pass between us, and I
>realized that over the few years we had together, she had truly recognized
>me as her friend and her family.
>
>As she was put under heavy sedation, she reached for me and scrabbled at
>me, as though she was trying to climb out of an unfamiliar fog. If the vet
>hadn't clipped her claws a few days ago, I would have been covered in
>scratches. She even tried to give me a little nip - a last love bite.
>
>Of all the cats I've known, I think Spicey had the strongest will and
>spirit, and with it she captured my heart.
>
>Thank you Spicey, for being there for me after your meowmie died, and thank
>you for sharing with me what turned out to be your twilight year. I'll
>always love you.

I'm so sorry :( That was a lovely farewell post.

Gennie[_2_]
June 28th 16, 12:57 AM
So sad to read this. Will miss your Spicey stories. Tak, you were a great pawpaw to her.
In tears....Gennie

Matt Ferrari[_3_]
June 28th 16, 06:32 PM
"Takayuki" > wrote in message
> After consulting with Spicey's vets today, I decided to let her finally
> make that last journey to Rainbow Bridge to be reunited with her meowmie,
> Suz.
>
> As well as having refused to eat for four days and being riddled with
> tumors around her pancreas, they told me that Spicey was uncomfortable,
> upset, and angry.
>
> So we were all surprised when she calmed right down when she saw me, and
> waddled over to settle into my lap for a nice purr. I felt that love and
> recognition of love that she sometimes allows to pass between us, and I
> realized that over the few years we had together, she had truly recognized
> me as her friend and her family.
>
> As she was put under heavy sedation, she reached for me and scrabbled at
> me, as though she was trying to climb out of an unfamiliar fog. If the vet
> hadn't clipped her claws a few days ago, I would have been covered in
> scratches. She even tried to give me a little nip - a last love bite.
>
> Of all the cats I've known, I think Spicey had the strongest will and
> spirit, and with it she captured my heart.
>
> Thank you Spicey, for being there for me after your meowmie died, and
> thank
> you for sharing with me what turned out to be your twilight year. I'll
> always love you.

sorry for your loss RIP Spicey

dgk
July 5th 16, 05:09 AM
wrote:

>After consulting with Spicey's vets today, I decided to let her finally
>make that last journey to Rainbow Bridge to be reunited with her meowmie,
>Suz.
>
>As well as having refused to eat for four days and being riddled with
>tumors around her pancreas, they told me that Spicey was uncomfortable,
>upset, and angry.
>
>So we were all surprised when she calmed right down when she saw me, and
>waddled over to settle into my lap for a nice purr. I felt that love and
>recognition of love that she sometimes allows to pass between us, and I
>realized that over the few years we had together, she had truly recognized
>me as her friend and her family.
>
>As she was put under heavy sedation, she reached for me and scrabbled at
>me, as though she was trying to climb out of an unfamiliar fog. If the vet
>hadn't clipped her claws a few days ago, I would have been covered in
>scratches. She even tried to give me a little nip - a last love bite.
>
>Of all the cats I've known, I think Spicey had the strongest will and
>spirit, and with it she captured my heart.
>
>Thank you Spicey, for being there for me after your meowmie died, and thank
>you for sharing with me what turned out to be your twilight year. I'll
>always love you.

Oh, I just got back from being out of touch for 10 days and read about
Spicy. I'm so sorry, that came out of nowhere. I'm glad she got to
spend some time with you after her difficult life with Suz, but it is
just awful to end so quickly. You did a great job with her. We'll all
miss hearing about her life.

Takayuki
July 8th 16, 04:38 AM
On Tue, 05 Jul 2016 00:09:09 -0400, dgk > wrote:
>Oh, I just got back from being out of touch for 10 days and read about
>Spicy. I'm so sorry, that came out of nowhere. I'm glad she got to
>spend some time with you after her difficult life with Suz, but it is
>just awful to end so quickly. You did a great job with her. We'll all
>miss hearing about her life.

There were warning signs - the breast lumps, the diabetes, the
pancreatitis. But I always thought, or hoped, that she'd manage to live on
a razor's edge for years and years with me.

I don't know why I loved such a temperamental girl. But when you see that
wide-eyed face, and the gears constantly turning in her head, it's hard not
to fall for her.