PDA

View Full Version : away for three weeks

Jack Campin
June 29th 16, 04:01 PM
I'm off to Hungary and Croatia for three weeks starting tomorrow.
Won't be able to access Usenet there. I'll report back on moggies
I meet.

mobile 07800 739 557 <http://www.campin.me.uk> Twitter: JackCampin

Joy[_3_]
June 29th 16, 07:43 PM
On 6/29/2016 8:01 AM, Jack Campin wrote:
> I'm off to Hungary and Croatia for three weeks starting tomorrow.
> Won't be able to access Usenet there. I'll report back on moggies
> I meet.

> e m a i l : j a c k @ c a m p i n . m e . u k
> Jack Campin, 11 Third Street, Newtongrange, Midlothian EH22 4PU, Scotland
> mobile 07800 739 557 <http://www.campin.me.uk> Twitter: JackCampin

Have a great trip!

Bastette
June 29th 16, 08:37 PM
Jack Campin wrote:

> I'm off to Hungary and Croatia for three weeks starting tomorrow.
> Won't be able to access Usenet there. I'll report back on moggies
> I meet.

Music festivals?

--
Joyce

If your kid comes out of the bedroom and says he just shut down the
government, it seems to me he should at least have an outfit for that."
-- John Waters, on the sorry style of today's rebels

Jack Campin
June 30th 16, 08:02 AM
Bastette > wrote:
> Jack Campin wrote:
>> I'm off to Hungary and Croatia for three weeks starting tomorrow.
>> Won't be able to access Usenet there. I'll report back on moggies
>> I meet.
> Music festivals?

A folk music camp at Karad near Lake Balaton (the "Meta tabor"),
then I'm going to visit my stepdaughters in Rijeka.

mobile 07800 739 557 <http://www.campin.me.uk> Twitter: JackCampin

jmcquown[_2_]
June 30th 16, 11:35 PM
On 6/29/2016 11:01 AM, Jack Campin wrote:
> I'm off to Hungary and Croatia for three weeks starting tomorrow.
> Won't be able to access Usenet there. I'll report back on moggies
> I meet.

> e m a i l : j a c k @ c a m p i n . m e . u k
> Jack Campin, 11 Third Street, Newtongrange, Midlothian EH22 4PU, Scotland
> mobile 07800 739 557 <http://www.campin.me.uk> Twitter: JackCampin

Better late than never, have a wonderful trip!

Jill

Jack Campin
August 1st 16, 03:22 PM
Jack Campin > wrote:
> Bastette > wrote:
>> Jack Campin wrote:
> >> I'm off to Hungary and Croatia for three weeks starting tomorrow.
> >> Won't be able to access Usenet there. I'll report back on moggies
> >> I meet.
> > Music festivals?
> A folk music camp at Karad near Lake Balaton (the "Meta tabor"),
> then I'm going to visit my stepdaughters in Rijeka.

And I'm back.

Not many cats to report from Hungary - the places I went, people
seemed to like ferocious guard dogs. There was one sweet little
kitten in the first hostel I stayed in in Budapest, the "Keramiapark"
(very odd outfit, its main business was ceramic workshops for children
but with a B&B on the side). She persuaded me to leave a sachet of
catfood behind for her.

Lots of cats around my stepdaughter's place - she lives on the third
floor of a five-storey block of flats and you can look down to see
them all mooching around the neighbours' gardens. She's a phenomenal
cat whisperer and has a young cat she took from being a feral kitten
to a lap fungus - I could pick him up and drape him round my neck
like a scarf. But it's not a big flat, it has lots of places where
he can perch and see the big outside, and he wants down there. She'd
have been better off with a fat, lazy old cat.

mobile 07800 739 557 <http://www.campin.me.uk> Twitter: JackCampin