PDA

View Full Version : Anybody here?

Joy[_3_]
June 30th 16, 11:03 PM
I haven't seen a post here at all today. That's very unusual.

jmcquown[_2_]
June 30th 16, 11:25 PM
On 6/30/2016 6:03 PM, Joy wrote:
> I haven't seen a post here at all today. That's very unusual.

I haven't been online for a couple of days. There's nothing much going
on so I've been kicked back reading some books. There's a great little
"library" on Dataw that contains books donated by residents. There's no
"check out" process. You don't have to to return books within a certain
time frame. I usually read four to five books a week. It's really the
only "amenity" I enjoy about this place. It's definitely the only one
that doesn't cost anything (other than the donation of a just read book
or two once in a while).

OB Cats: Buffy is playing with her beloved red ball. She wants me to
play, too. That's why she keeps bapping it into the legs of my desk
chair. :)

Jill

dgk
July 5th 16, 05:13 AM
On Thu, 30 Jun 2016 15:03:38 -0700, Joy >
wrote:

>I haven't seen a post here at all today. That's very unusual.

I think a few folks (like myself) were away and out of touch. Back to
normal for me, I just got home and Nipsy has already forgiven me and
is lying by my side. Scooter is still holding a grudge but that will
end soon. Baby actually came out from under the bed and let me pet
her. That wsa a surprise since normally when I go away for a day or
two she regresses and doesn't come out for a week.

Marlo is at the vet - I boarded her for 10 days because she was
wearing a big cone to keep her from overgrooming, and I just didn't
want her banging around the house and maybe getting hurt without me
being here. I'll ransom her tomorrow - it's going to be over $1500
since she had dental work done. Yikes.

Joy[_3_]
July 5th 16, 06:01 AM
On 7/4/2016 9:13 PM, dgk wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Jun 2016 15:03:38 -0700, Joy >
> wrote:
>
>> I haven't seen a post here at all today. That's very unusual.
>
> I think a few folks (like myself) were away and out of touch. Back to
> normal for me, I just got home and Nipsy has already forgiven me and
> is lying by my side. Scooter is still holding a grudge but that will
> end soon. Baby actually came out from under the bed and let me pet
> her. That wsa a surprise since normally when I go away for a day or
> two she regresses and doesn't come out for a week.
>
> Marlo is at the vet - I boarded her for 10 days because she was
> wearing a big cone to keep her from overgrooming, and I just didn't
> want her banging around the house and maybe getting hurt without me
> being here. I'll ransom her tomorrow - it's going to be over $1500
> since she had dental work done. Yikes.

Yes, it seems that medical and dental expenses can be almost as bad for
our pets as for humans. But we have to take care of them.