PDA

View Full Version : Da Floofy Monster

Lesley Madigan
August 13th 16, 12:13 AM
AKA Spirit is two today

She lives up to her name. She's FIV+ and has skin problems that come and go.. When she is stressed she over grooms and given she adored Dave and has been upset since he passed away it's a wonder she hasn't gone bald.

She has cycles of coming into the living room but most of the time she lives in the kitchen- she has a litter tray in there (Bonnie tried to block her using the ones in the bathroom) and she seems to like having her own little kingdom. She and Bonnie get on well enough at mealtimes and sometimes sleep together. she rarely gets on my lap but she demands skritchies if I am in the kitchen

She had a tin of Hoomin tuna in oil (she loves the oil) and there is some ham for tomorrow

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Joy[_3_]
August 13th 16, 12:42 AM
On 8/12/2016 4:13 PM, Lesley Madigan wrote:
> AKA Spirit is two today
>
> She lives up to her name. She's FIV+ and has skin problems that come and go. When she is stressed she over grooms and given she adored Dave and has been upset since he passed away it's a wonder she hasn't gone bald.
>
> She has cycles of coming into the living room but most of the time she lives in the kitchen- she has a litter tray in there (Bonnie tried to block her using the ones in the bathroom) and she seems to like having her own little kingdom. She and Bonnie get on well enough at mealtimes and sometimes sleep together. she rarely gets on my lap but she demands skritchies if I am in the kitchen
>
> She had a tin of Hoomin tuna in oil (she loves the oil) and there is some ham for tomorrow
>
> Lesley
>
> Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Happy purrday to her.

jmcquown[_2_]
August 13th 16, 01:32 AM
On 8/12/2016 7:13 PM, Lesley Madigan wrote:
> AKA Spirit is two today
>
> She lives up to her name. She's FIV+ and has skin problems that come and go. When she is stressed she over grooms and given she adored Dave and has been upset since he passed away it's a wonder she hasn't gone bald.
>
> She has cycles of coming into the living room but most of the time she lives in the kitchen- she has a litter tray in there (Bonnie tried to block her using the ones in the bathroom) and she seems to like having her own little kingdom. She and Bonnie get on well enough at mealtimes and sometimes sleep together. she rarely gets on my lap but she demands skritchies if I am in the kitchen
>
> She had a tin of Hoomin tuna in oil (she loves the oil) and there is some ham for tomorrow
>
> Lesley
>
> Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Happy Purr Day, Spirit! Scritches. :)

I don't know if this will help or if it is even available where you are.
Persia had some skin issues with dandruff and itchy skin. The vet
suggested Duoxo. It's a very fine spray that gets rid of the itch factor.

https://www.amazon.com/Douxo-Calm-Allergy-Microemulsion-6-8/dp/B00AY4YZKI

Jill

Lesley Madigan
August 14th 16, 12:20 PM
On Saturday, August 13, 2016 at 1:32:46 AM UTC+1, Jill McQuown wrote:

> I don't know if this will help or if it is even available where you are.
> Persia had some skin issues with dandruff and itchy skin. The vet
> suggested Duoxo. It's a very fine spray that gets rid of the itch factor.
>
> https://www.amazon.com/Douxo-Calm-Allergy-Microemulsion-6-8/dp/B00AY4YZKI
>
> Jill

Thanks Jill

I can get it from Amazon UK and have ordered it, worth a try

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

jmcquown[_2_]
August 15th 16, 09:00 PM
On 8/14/2016 7:20 AM, Lesley Madigan wrote:
> On Saturday, August 13, 2016 at 1:32:46 AM UTC+1, Jill McQuown wrote:
>>

>> I don't know if this will help or if it is even available where you are.
>> Persia had some skin issues with dandruff and itchy skin. The vet
>> suggested Duoxo. It's a very fine spray that gets rid of the itch factor.
>>
>> https://www.amazon.com/Douxo-Calm-Allergy-Microemulsion-6-8/dp/B00AY4YZKI
>>
>> Jill
>
> Thanks Jill
>
> I can get it from Amazon UK and have ordered it, worth a try
>
> Lesley
>
> Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

You're welcome! I hope it helps. I noticed a marked difference when I
spritzed it on Persia and gave her some nice friendly scritches to get
it down into her coat. It's not at all greasy, no worries there. It
definitely helped with the itch factor and the dandruff that was messing
up her pretty grey fur!

Jill

Lesley Madigan
August 19th 16, 09:03 PM
On Monday, August 15, 2016 at 9:00:37 PM UTC+1, Jill McQuown wrote:

> You're welcome! I hope it helps.

Well it turned up Tuesday and although Spirit doesn't seem to like being sprayed (Strange cat I was in the kitchen tonight and managed to knock a 16 foot stepladder over and she merely looked up from where she was eating, did a proverbial shrug and went on with eating) she certainly is scratching a lot less and after just three days her coat is already improving

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

jmcquown[_2_]
August 19th 16, 09:18 PM
On 8/19/2016 4:03 PM, Lesley Madigan wrote:
> On Monday, August 15, 2016 at 9:00:37 PM UTC+1, Jill McQuown wrote:
>>>
>> You're welcome! I hope it helps.
>
> Well it turned up Tuesday and although Spirit doesn't seem to like being sprayed (Strange cat I was in the kitchen tonight and managed to knock a 16 foot stepladder over and she merely looked up from where she was eating, did a proverbial shrug and went on with eating) she certainly is scratching a lot less and after just three days her coat is already improving
>
> Lesley
>
> Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Oh, good! I'm glad it seems to be helping. I'm not sure any cat
appreciates being spritzed but at least it is a very fine mist. Not
like dunking Spirit in a tub of water. Hee!

Jill

Lesley Madigan
August 21st 16, 11:30 PM
On Friday, August 19, 2016 at 9:03:59 PM UTC+1, Lesley Madigan wrote:
she certainly is scratching a lot less and after just three days her coat is already improving

After almost a week of getting it sprayed on once a day her dry skin is improved and her tail is fluffy and she's not scratching or over grooming herself anything like as much

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

jmcquown[_2_]
August 22nd 16, 12:07 AM
On 8/21/2016 6:30 PM, Lesley Madigan wrote:
> On Friday, August 19, 2016 at 9:03:59 PM UTC+1, Lesley Madigan wrote:
> she certainly is scratching a lot less and after just three days her coat is already improving
>

> After almost a week of getting it sprayed on once a day her dry skin is improved and her tail is fluffy and she's not scratching or over grooming herself anything like as much
>
> Lesley
>
> Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

I am so glad I could offer some advice and help with da floofy monster. :)

Jill

Matt Ferrari[_3_]
August 23rd 16, 12:22 PM
"Lesley Madigan" > wrote in message
AKA Spirit is two today

She lives up to her name. She's FIV+ and has skin problems that come and go.
When she is stressed she over grooms and given she adored Dave and has been
upset since he passed away it's a wonder she hasn't gone bald.

She has cycles of coming into the living room but most of the time she
lives in the kitchen- she has a litter tray in there (Bonnie tried to block
her using the ones in the bathroom) and she seems to like having her own
little kingdom. She and Bonnie get on well enough at mealtimes and sometimes
sleep together. she rarely gets on my lap but she demands skritchies if I am
in the kitchen

She had a tin of Hoomin tuna in oil (she loves the oil) and there is some
ham for tomorrow

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Happy Belated birthday to spirit :)

Bastette
August 25th 16, 12:39 AM
Lesley Madigan wrote:

> Well it turned up Tuesday and although Spirit doesn't seem to like being sprayed (Strange cat I was in the kitchen tonight and managed to knock a 16 foot stepladder over and she merely looked up from where she was eating, did a proverbial shrug and went on with eating)

OMG, if I did that, I wouldn't see Licky for days.

As for me, I used to be a very light sleeper. For a couple of years, I had
the world's most considerate roommate. She used to tiptoe up the hallway,
SLOWLY, in her slippers, in order not to wake me up. I'd wake up anyway.

But I could sleep through a major thunderstorm that was directly above our
apartment building. :)

> she certainly is scratching a lot less and after just three days her coat is already improving

That's great! I hope it continues working.

--
Joyce

Hi, this is the Sylvia stress reduction hotline. At the sound of the beep,
repeat after me: "This week, let someone else strive for excellence."
-- Nicole Hollander