PDA

View Full Version : Not one of my better days

Joy[_3_]
September 9th 16, 07:26 AM
This was not one of my better days. I had my physical therapy, which
went okay. The therapist made two appointments for next week (I already
have one for tomorrow) and said something about starting some different
treatment after that. My neck hurts more now than it did earlier, which
probably has nothing to do with the therapy.

On the way home from therapy I had a flat tire. I was on Cochran, and
it was really busy, so I pulled around the corner onto a side street and
called the Auto Club. That’s when I realized that when I lost my wallet
I didn’t think to replace my Auto Club card. I called anyway, because I
had the number in my phone. The woman who answered was able to find my
records. She told me to show photo ID to the man when he came, but he
wasn’t interested. He changed the tire and seemed to think it might be
fixable. He said I’d picked up a screw. I’ll have to see what I can do
about it tomorrow.

When I got home, I realized my glasses case wasn’t in my pocket. I
searched the car and it wasn’t there. I drove back to where I’d had the
flat tire, but it wasn’t there either. I was wearing my glasses, so it
wouldn’t be a big deal, except that my Fitbit was attached to it. :-(

Tomorrow I get to see if my tire can be fixed, and buy a new one if it
can't.

Joy[_3_]
September 9th 16, 08:24 PM
On 9/9/2016 12:17 PM, Judith Latham wrote:
> In article >,
> Joy > wrote:
>> This was not one of my better days. I had my physical therapy, which
>> went okay. The therapist made two appointments for next week (I already
>> have one for tomorrow) and said something about starting some different
>> treatment after that. My neck hurts more now than it did earlier, which
>> probably has nothing to do with the therapy.
>
>> On the way home from therapy I had a flat tire. I was on Cochran, and
>> it was really busy, so I pulled around the corner onto a side street and
>> called the Auto Club. Thats when I realized that when I lost my wallet
>> I didnt think to replace my Auto Club card. I called anyway, because I
>> had the number in my phone. The woman who answered was able to find my
>> records. She told me to show photo ID to the man when he came, but he
>> wasnt interested. He changed the tire and seemed to think it might be
>> fixable. He said Id picked up a screw. Ill have to see what I can do
>> about it tomorrow.
>
>> When I got home, I realized my glasses case wasnt in my pocket. I
>> searched the car and it wasnt there. I drove back to where Id had the
>> flat tire, but it wasnt there either. I was wearing my glasses, so it
>> wouldnt be a big deal, except that my Fitbit was attached to it. :-(
>
>> Tomorrow I get to see if my tire can be fixed, and buy a new one if it
>> can't.
>
> Purrs for your neck to feel better and for your tyre to be fixable. purrs
> too for you to have a lovely day tomorrow. :)
>
> Judith

Thank you, Judith. I didn't mean to post that to this group, but to
another one, since it isn't cat related. I did get the tire fixed this
morning.

Joy

jmcquown[_2_]
September 9th 16, 08:41 PM
On 9/9/2016 3:24 PM, Joy wrote:
> On 9/9/2016 12:17 PM, Judith Latham wrote:
>> In article >,
>> Joy > wrote:
>>> This was not one of my better days. I had my physical therapy, which
>>> went okay. The therapist made two appointments for next week (I already
>>> have one for tomorrow) and said something about starting some different
>>> treatment after that. My neck hurts more now than it did earlier, which
>>> probably has nothing to do with the therapy.
>>
>>> On the way home from therapy I had a flat tire. I was on Cochran, and
>>> it was really busy, so I pulled around the corner onto a side street and
>>> called the Auto Club. Thats when I realized that when I lost my wallet
>>> I didnt think to replace my Auto Club card. I called anyway, because I
>>> had the number in my phone. The woman who answered was able to find my
>>> records. She told me to show photo ID to the man when he came, but he
>>> wasnt interested. He changed the tire and seemed to think it might be
>>> fixable. He said Id picked up a screw. Ill have to see what I can do
>>> about it tomorrow.
>>
>>> When I got home, I realized my glasses case wasnt in my pocket. I
>>> searched the car and it wasnt there. I drove back to where Id had the
>>> flat tire, but it wasnt there either. I was wearing my glasses, so it
>>> wouldnt be a big deal, except that my Fitbit was attached to it. :-(
>>
>>> Tomorrow I get to see if my tire can be fixed, and buy a new one if it
>>> can't.
>>
>> Purrs for your neck to feel better and for your tyre to be fixable. purrs
>> too for you to have a lovely day tomorrow. :)
>>
>> Judith
>>

> Thank you, Judith. I didn't mean to post that to this group, but to
> another one, since it isn't cat related. I did get the tire fixed this
> morning.
>
> Joy

Hey, we're all friends here. :) I read the post about your being
greeted with a loud MEOW because you were home late. Red Dot time!

I'm sorry to hear about your still sore neck. But I'm glad you got the
tire fixed. I'm sure we all are.

Jill

Joy[_3_]
September 13th 16, 08:08 PM
On 9/13/2016 2:27 AM, Judith Latham wrote:
> In article >, Joy
> > wrote:
>> On 9/9/2016 12:17 PM, Judith Latham wrote:
>>> In article >, Joy

>>> Purrs for your neck to feel better and for your tyre to be fixable.
>>> purrs too for you to have a lovely day tomorrow. :)
>>>
>>> Judith
>>>

>> Thank you, Judith. I didn't mean to post that to this group, but to
>> another one, since it isn't cat related. I did get the tire fixed this
>> morning.
>
>> Joy
>
> It doesn't matter you didn't intend to post it here, we're always
> interested in things that happen to our friends here, cat related or not.
> How is your neck feeling now?
>
> Judith

It's better than it was, but it still hurts. At least now it doesn't
hurt all the time, as it did before. Thanks for asking.

Joy