PDA

View Full Version : Plans for Jellicle Ball 2016

Samuel Redcat Mahoney
September 9th 16, 03:38 PM
As many of youz know, da Jellicle Ball is allez held da last full moon
of October. Dis year dat will happen on October 15. Dat will be a busy
day - mineown hoomin nephew Sean is getting winked dat day!

Anyway, wez need to decide whre we will observe da Jellicle Ball dis
year. I haf a list of ideas below, and would welcome additional ideas,
and comments on dem.

1) Cathenge - a small set of standing stones in Scotland, somewhat
similar to Stonehenge.

2) Ginger Canyon - a small, out-of-the-way little canyon in southern
Catifurnia, right in the middle of the area burned by the Blue Cut fire.
Ginger Canyon was just about da only area dat survived wif no damage,
and is now serving as a refuge fur animals dat were displaced by da fire.

3) Cat Island, off the coast of Ireland. This was the venue for da Ball
in 2009.

4) Catalina Island, California - home of Jocko the diving cat and Big Mama.

5) Der Schloss der Altan Katzen - da home of da Countess Persia
Katzenplatzen

6) Winchester Mystery House in San Jose, Catifurnia

7) Hotel del Coronado in San Diego, Catifurnia

8) Navy Pier in Chicatgo, Illinois

9) Isle a la Chats, Michigan - an island dat’s half in Lake Michigan,
half in Lake Superior. Hoomins never land here - for some reason dey
never see it!

10) Cat Town, near Waitomo, New Zealand. Cat Town is adjacent to the
Glowworm Caves, and the resident cats over the last several hundred
years have excavated a huge cavern, lighted by the glowworms and by
natural geothermal processes.

So, what do you all fink? Any additional ideas?

cshenk
September 11th 16, 01:41 AM

http://rent.privateislandsonline.com/islands/over-yonder-cay

--

Ann791
September 11th 16, 07:34 PM
On 9/9/2016 10:38 AM, Samuel Redcat Mahoney wrote:
> As many of youz know, da Jellicle Ball is allez held da last full moon
> of October. Dis year dat will happen on October 15. Dat will be a busy
> day - mineown hoomin nephew Sean is getting winked dat day!
>
> Anyway, wez need to decide whre we will observe da Jellicle Ball dis
> year. I haf a list of ideas below, and would welcome additional ideas,
> and comments on dem.
>
> 1) Cathenge - a small set of standing stones in Scotland, somewhat
> similar to Stonehenge.
>
> 2) Ginger Canyon - a small, out-of-the-way little canyon in southern
> Catifurnia, right in the middle of the area burned by the Blue Cut fire.
> Ginger Canyon was just about da only area dat survived wif no damage,
> and is now serving as a refuge fur animals dat were displaced by da fire.
>
> 3) Cat Island, off the coast of Ireland. This was the venue for da Ball
> in 2009.
>
> 4) Catalina Island, California - home of Jocko the diving cat and Big Mama.
>
> 5) Der Schloss der Altan Katzen - da home of da Countess Persia
> Katzenplatzen
>
> 6) Winchester Mystery House in San Jose, Catifurnia
>
> 7) Hotel del Coronado in San Diego, Catifurnia
>
> 8) Navy Pier in Chicatgo, Illinois
>
> 9) Isle a la Chats, Michigan - an island dat’s half in Lake Michigan,
> half in Lake Superior. Hoomins never land here - for some reason dey
> never see it!
>
> 10) Cat Town, near Waitomo, New Zealand. Cat Town is adjacent to the
> Glowworm Caves, and the resident cats over the last several hundred
> years have excavated a huge cavern, lighted by the glowworms and by
> natural geothermal processes.
>
> So, what do you all fink? Any additional ideas?

I like the idea of Cat Town or Ginger Island. With Ginger Island we
could include the animals that now live there.

Lucy Lu

Francesca the Fierce
September 13th 16, 01:57 PM
On 9/9/16 9:38 AM, Samuel Redcat Mahoney wrote:
> As many of youz know, da Jellicle Ball is allez held da last full moon
> of October. Dis year dat will happen on October 15. Dat will be a busy
> day - mineown hoomin nephew Sean is getting winked dat day!
>
> Anyway, wez need to decide whre we will observe da Jellicle Ball dis
> year. I haf a list of ideas below, and would welcome additional ideas,
> and comments on dem.
>
> 1) Cathenge - a small set of standing stones in Scotland, somewhat
> similar to Stonehenge.
>
> 2) Ginger Canyon - a small, out-of-the-way little canyon in southern
> Catifurnia, right in the middle of the area burned by the Blue Cut fire.
> Ginger Canyon was just about da only area dat survived wif no damage,
> and is now serving as a refuge fur animals dat were displaced by da fire.
>
> 3) Cat Island, off the coast of Ireland. This was the venue for da Ball
> in 2009.
>
> 4) Catalina Island, California - home of Jocko the diving cat and Big Mama.
>
> 5) Der Schloss der Altan Katzen - da home of da Countess Persia
> Katzenplatzen
>
> 6) Winchester Mystery House in San Jose, Catifurnia
>
> 7) Hotel del Coronado in San Diego, Catifurnia
>
> 8) Navy Pier in Chicatgo, Illinois
>
> 9) Isle a la Chats, Michigan - an island dat’s half in Lake Michigan,
> half in Lake Superior. Hoomins never land here - for some reason dey
> never see it!
>
> 10) Cat Town, near Waitomo, New Zealand. Cat Town is adjacent to the
> Glowworm Caves, and the resident cats over the last several hundred
> years have excavated a huge cavern, lighted by the glowworms and by
> natural geothermal processes.
>
> So, what do you all fink? Any additional ideas?

I'z nefur been to one before, since I'z just a kitten, but wherever we
hold it, couldn't we infite da Ginger Canyon critters to come? Dey could
teleport to wherever da Ball is, to furget da horrors of da fire.

Francesca da Fierce

Sundance and/or Rebecca
September 15th 16, 06:58 AM
Dat sownz gud to ussez, too.

Sundance and Rebecca

Ann791
September 16th 16, 04:49 PM
On 9/13/2016 8:57 AM, Francesca the Fierce wrote:
> On 9/9/16 9:38 AM, Samuel Redcat Mahoney wrote:
>> As many of youz know, da Jellicle Ball is allez held da last full moon
>> of October. Dis year dat will happen on October 15. Dat will be a busy
>> day - mineown hoomin nephew Sean is getting winked dat day!
>>
>> Anyway, wez need to decide whre we will observe da Jellicle Ball dis
>> year. I haf a list of ideas below, and would welcome additional ideas,
>> and comments on dem.
>>
>> 1) Cathenge - a small set of standing stones in Scotland, somewhat
>> similar to Stonehenge.
>>
>> 2) Ginger Canyon - a small, out-of-the-way little canyon in southern
>> Catifurnia, right in the middle of the area burned by the Blue Cut fire.
>> Ginger Canyon was just about da only area dat survived wif no damage,
>> and is now serving as a refuge fur animals dat were displaced by da fire.
>>
>> 3) Cat Island, off the coast of Ireland. This was the venue for da Ball
>> in 2009.
>>
>> 4) Catalina Island, California - home of Jocko the diving cat and Big
>> Mama.
>>
>> 5) Der Schloss der Altan Katzen - da home of da Countess Persia
>> Katzenplatzen
>>
>> 6) Winchester Mystery House in San Jose, Catifurnia
>>
>> 7) Hotel del Coronado in San Diego, Catifurnia
>>
>> 8) Navy Pier in Chicatgo, Illinois
>>
>> 9) Isle a la Chats, Michigan - an island dat’s half in Lake Michigan,
>> half in Lake Superior. Hoomins never land here - for some reason dey
>> never see it!
>>
>> 10) Cat Town, near Waitomo, New Zealand. Cat Town is adjacent to the
>> Glowworm Caves, and the resident cats over the last several hundred
>> years have excavated a huge cavern, lighted by the glowworms and by
>> natural geothermal processes.
>>
>> So, what do you all fink? Any additional ideas?
>
> I'z nefur been to one before, since I'z just a kitten, but wherever we
> hold it, couldn't we infite da Ginger Canyon critters to come? Dey could
> teleport to wherever da Ball is, to furget da horrors of da fire.
>
> Francesca da Fierce

Cat Town sounds good and as Francesca said they can teleport there.
Francesca, you will have so much fun picking our a dress at the
boutique. They have wonderful things.

Lucy Lu

September 18th 16, 02:44 AM
On Friday, September 9, 2016 at 7:38:49 AM UTC-7, Samuel Redcat Mahoney wrote:
> As many of youz know, da Jellicle Ball is allez held da last full moon
> of October. Dis year dat will happen on October 15. Dat will be a busy
> day - mineown hoomin nephew Sean is getting winked dat day!
>
> Anyway, wez need to decide whre we will observe da Jellicle Ball dis
> year. I haf a list of ideas below, and would welcome additional ideas,
> and comments on dem.
>
> 1) Cathenge - a small set of standing stones in Scotland, somewhat
> similar to Stonehenge.
>
> 2) Ginger Canyon - a small, out-of-the-way little canyon in southern
> Catifurnia, right in the middle of the area burned by the Blue Cut fire.
> Ginger Canyon was just about da only area dat survived wif no damage,
> and is now serving as a refuge fur animals dat were displaced by da fire.
>
> 3) Cat Island, off the coast of Ireland. This was the venue for da Ball
> in 2009.
>
> 4) Catalina Island, California - home of Jocko the diving cat and Big Mama.
>
> 5) Der Schloss der Altan Katzen - da home of da Countess Persia
> Katzenplatzen
>
> 6) Winchester Mystery House in San Jose, Catifurnia
>
> 7) Hotel del Coronado in San Diego, Catifurnia
>
> 8) Navy Pier in Chicatgo, Illinois
>
> 9) Isle a la Chats, Michigan - an island dat’s half in Lake Michigan,
> half in Lake Superior. Hoomins never land here - for some reason dey
> never see it!
>
> 10) Cat Town, near Waitomo, New Zealand. Cat Town is adjacent to the
> Glowworm Caves, and the resident cats over the last several hundred
> years have excavated a huge cavern, lighted by the glowworms and by
> natural geothermal processes.
>
> So, what do you all fink? Any additional ideas?

I like the idea of Isle a la Chats, Michigan . It is QUIET and out of the way, we don't have to worry about nosy HUMANS, and "Isle a la Chats" translates to "Island of the Cats" or "Cat Island".

"Cat Town" in NZ sounds like an exotic place to go -- "Lord of the Rings", and Wizardly stuff. Why I'd be right at home!!!

Misty the Black Panther, Mistress of the Night

Sundance and/or Rebecca
September 19th 16, 06:49 PM
Sundance an me likez Ginger Canyon (Sundance fingkz it must be named for orinj kittiez!), but the uther placez sownz gud, too.

We will, ub korse, need a master or mistress of serrymoniez. I haz had dat onner fur sefural yeerz. I iz willin to do it agin if nocat else wud like to do it. Maybe wun of owr yunger kitties wud like to lern whut iz needed, so dey kud take ober when dey is reddy. Whut duz yoo all fingk?

Rebecca

September 21st 16, 01:53 AM
On Friday, September 9, 2016 at 7:38:49 AM UTC-7, Samuel Redcat Mahoney wrote:
> As many of youz know, da Jellicle Ball is allez held da last full moon
> of October. Dis year dat will happen on October 15. Dat will be a busy
> day - mineown hoomin nephew Sean is getting winked dat day!
>
> Anyway, wez need to decide whre we will observe da Jellicle Ball dis
> year. I haf a list of ideas below, and would welcome additional ideas,
> and comments on dem.
>
> 1) Cathenge - a small set of standing stones in Scotland, somewhat
> similar to Stonehenge.
>
> 2) Ginger Canyon - a small, out-of-the-way little canyon in southern
> Catifurnia, right in the middle of the area burned by the Blue Cut fire.
> Ginger Canyon was just about da only area dat survived wif no damage,
> and is now serving as a refuge fur animals dat were displaced by da fire.
>
> 3) Cat Island, off the coast of Ireland. This was the venue for da Ball
> in 2009.
>
> 4) Catalina Island, California - home of Jocko the diving cat and Big Mama.
>
> 5) Der Schloss der Altan Katzen - da home of da Countess Persia
> Katzenplatzen
>
> 6) Winchester Mystery House in San Jose, Catifurnia
>
> 7) Hotel del Coronado in San Diego, Catifurnia
>
> 8) Navy Pier in Chicatgo, Illinois
>
> 9) Isle a la Chats, Michigan - an island dat’s half in Lake Michigan,
> half in Lake Superior. Hoomins never land here - for some reason dey
> never see it!
>
> 10) Cat Town, near Waitomo, New Zealand. Cat Town is adjacent to the
> Glowworm Caves, and the resident cats over the last several hundred
> years have excavated a huge cavern, lighted by the glowworms and by
> natural geothermal processes.
>
> So, what do you all fink? Any additional ideas?

Rebecca,

*IF* Snowball wishes to Escort me to the Ball *we* might be willing to do the honours, I'd have to talk to Snowball about it. At 14 he also be the purrrfect MC!!! Right now you can put a few ???? behind *our* names.

Misty, the Black Panther, Lady, House of Ruskin

cshenk
September 21st 16, 02:06 AM
wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

> On Friday, September 9, 2016 at 7:38:49 AM UTC-7, Samuel Redcat
> Mahoney wrote:
> > As many of youz know, da Jellicle Ball is allez held da last full
> > moon of October. Dis year dat will happen on October 15. Dat will
> > be a busy day - mineown hoomin nephew Sean is getting winked dat
> > day!
> >
> > Anyway, wez need to decide whre we will observe da Jellicle Ball
> > dis year. I haf a list of ideas below, and would welcome additional
> > ideas, and comments on dem.
> >
> > 1) Cathenge - a small set of standing stones in Scotland, somewhat
> > similar to Stonehenge.
> >
> > 2) Ginger Canyon - a small, out-of-the-way little canyon in
> > southern Catifurnia, right in the middle of the area burned by the
> > Blue Cut fire. Ginger Canyon was just about da only area dat
> > survived wif no damage, and is now serving as a refuge fur animals
> > dat were displaced by da fire.
> >
> > 3) Cat Island, off the coast of Ireland. This was the venue for da
> > Ball in 2009.
> >
> > 4) Catalina Island, California - home of Jocko the diving cat and
> > Big Mama.
> >
> > 5) Der Schloss der Altan Katzen - da home of da Countess Persia
> > Katzenplatzen
> >
> > 6) Winchester Mystery House in San Jose, Catifurnia
> >
> > 7) Hotel del Coronado in San Diego, Catifurnia
> >
> > 8) Navy Pier in Chicatgo, Illinois
> >
> > 9) Isle a la Chats, Michigan - an island dat’s half in Lake
> > Michigan, half in Lake Superior. Hoomins never land here - for some
> > reason dey never see it!
> >
> > 10) Cat Town, near Waitomo, New Zealand. Cat Town is adjacent to
> > the Glowworm Caves, and the resident cats over the last several
> > hundred years have excavated a huge cavern, lighted by the
> > glowworms and by natural geothermal processes.
> >
> > So, what do you all fink? Any additional ideas?
>
> Rebecca,
>
> *IF* Snowball wishes to Escort me to the Ball we might be willing to
> do the honours, I'd have to talk to Snowball about it. At 14 he also
> be the purrrfect MC!!! Right now you can put a few ???? behind our
> names.
>
> Misty, the Black Panther, Lady, House of Ruskin

Wez dun the reading last year but if you wants to do dis year, wez can
help wif how.

Daisychan the Magnifiscent!

--

September 22nd 16, 07:54 AM
On Monday, September 19, 2016 at 10:49:03 AM UTC-7, Sundance and/or Rebecca wrote:
> Sundance an me likez Ginger Canyon (Sundance fingkz it must be named for orinj kittiez!), but the uther placez sownz gud, too.
>
> We will, ub korse, need a master or mistress of serrymoniez. I haz had dat onner fur sefural yeerz. I iz willin to do it agin if nocat else wud like to do it. Maybe wun of owr yunger kitties wud like to lern whut iz needed, so dey kud take ober when dey is reddy. Whut duz yoo all fingk?
>
> Rebecca

Rebecca, I *think* we now have our Host and Hostess (Snowball and myself) as well as our MC (Snowball). I am pretty sure he will meow YES, but still waiting for the conformation, but it looks promising.

Have we narrowed down *where* the Jellicle Ball will be held?? Have you heard from organizing committee about the theme for the 21st Annual Jellicle Ball??

Misty

Sundance and/or Rebecca
September 22nd 16, 11:16 AM
Misty, pleez leev sum time to see if enneekittee else iz innerested -- espeshullee da uther kittee dat yoo iz volunteerin! I only menshuned dis 2 or 3 dayz ago, an many RPCC folks duznt get heer dat frekwently. I wud espeshully like to see if ennee more regular RPCC memfurz wud like da job. Also, if I rememfurz rite, yoo usually leev da JB erly, an it wud be nice if da MC/host/hostess kud stay until all kitteez is reddy to leev.

Besides dat, whut duz yoo meen "host an hostess". I duznt rememfur such a funkshun at da JB.

Rebecca

cshenk
September 25th 16, 01:20 AM
Sundance and/or Rebecca wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

> Sundance an me likez Ginger Canyon (Sundance fingkz it must be named
> for orinj kittiez!), but the uther placez sownz gud, too.
>
> We will, ub korse, need a master or mistress of serrymoniez. I haz
> had dat onner fur sefural yeerz. I iz willin to do it agin if nocat
> else wud like to do it. Maybe wun of owr yunger kitties wud like to
> lern whut iz needed, so dey kud take ober when dey is reddy. Whut duz
> yoo all fingk?
>
> Rebecca

Ginger canyon it is then.

I think I can understand the master of ceremonies and bring along a
reader, if that seems best. Let me know. Then, there will be 2 of us
left.

Carol

--

Sundance and/or Rebecca
September 25th 16, 06:25 AM

Rebecca

cshenk
September 25th 16, 10:15 PM
Sundance and/or Rebecca wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

> You can still do the reedin. Dat iz a difurent job from MC.
>
> Rebecca

Rebecca, please figure out what you want. Time grows short.

--

P2nya
September 26th 16, 06:44 AM
On Saturday, September 24, 2016 at 10:25:31 PM UTC-7, Sundance and/or Rebecca wrote:
> You can still do the reedin. Dat iz a difurent job from MC.
>
> Rebecca

Yu gize hab bin doink soo well keepin tingz flowin wyle I hab bin gone. Meowmee juzt gottid hur left paw outta uh kazt. BDW, Yu kin get mozt ov da naymz frum da walk of Rememfurance.
HTH
P2nya

cshenk
September 27th 16, 12:41 AM
P2nya wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

> On Saturday, September 24, 2016 at 10:25:31 PM UTC-7, Sundance and/or
> Rebecca wrote:
> > You can still do the reedin. Dat iz a difurent job from MC.
> >
> > Rebecca
>

> Yu gize hab bin doink soo well keepin tingz flowin wyle I hab bin
> gone. Meowmee juzt gottid hur left paw outta uh kazt. BDW, Yu kin
> get mozt ov da naymz frum da walk of Rememfurance. HTH P2nya

Grin, I'm just waiting to see if folks have it all settled.

I don't mind if another wants to do any part of the ceremony (I can
pass all the details of how I did the part I did last year if another
wants to try that part).

As you'll see I sent my trio out to investigate the site that seemed to
generate the most interest (best I could tell). They are just poking
noses about so the site can change.

If we go with Ginger Canyon, then the boutique needs to be stocked with
lots of boots, tents, and other fantastical camping gear. Lots of
canopes with extra strong tie downs (and a crew to put them in, rented
workers from the local area is my guess).

I think we are a little late starting this year, but it will all work
out as it always does.

If someone wants to try, I saved the entire 370 messages from last year
and can go direct email to pass the text used. Each persion doing
which ever part, personalizes it their own way. There are only a few
'must do's for tradition'. You always bless Bast (we added a small
coda nod to Sirus as we had many dogs, but he is a minor player and I
think he was just a specially bright star looking down on it all). The
list of lost ones always has all the names less kittahs (they are in
fact, announced first). So I have the text of the MC and the others
ones where I read the lists.

Rebecca and I had fun last year pulling it together!

Carol