PDA

View Full Version : Hello Again

Yowie[_4_]
September 13th 16, 05:46 AM
G'day All.

Its Pickle these days, Not Shmogg(RB)

And Pepper, Not Fluffy(RB).

And in between there has been IBKFergus(?), Suki(RB) and Shadow(RB)

Plus the Barekitten, Yowlet, who's 12 now, and the hubster, Joel -

RPCA is much harder to access than it used to be - I can't read Usenet via a news reader; I don't have a news server any more.

But I still have fond memories of this place.

Purrs to all,

Yowie

Joy[_3_]
September 13th 16, 07:26 AM
On 9/12/2016 9:46 PM, Yowie wrote:
> G'day All.
>
> Its Pickle these days, Not Shmogg(RB)
>
> And Pepper, Not Fluffy(RB).
>
> And in between there has been IBKFergus(?), Suki(RB) and Shadow(RB)
>
> Plus the Barekitten, Yowlet, who's 12 now, and the hubster, Joel -
>
> RPCA is much harder to access than it used to be - I can't read Usenet via a news reader; I don't have a news server any more.
>
> But I still have fond memories of this place.
>
> Purrs to all,
>
> Yowie

Welcome back, Yowie! It's hard to believe the Yowlet is 12. He hadn't
even been born when you were so gracious as to show me around
Wollongong. I'm sorry to hear about the RB kitties. I remember meeting
Schmogg.

I currently have Pickles (with an 's') and Koala. I didn't name Koala;
he was named by volunteers at the shelter where I got him. Actually
they named him 'Koala Bear', but naturally I dropped the 'Bear'. I
wasn't about to change his name, though. He and I were obviously meant
for each other.

Joy

dgk
September 13th 16, 09:27 PM
On Mon, 12 Sep 2016 23:26:39 -0700, Joy >
wrote:

>On 9/12/2016 9:46 PM, Yowie wrote:
>> G'day All.
>>
>> Its Pickle these days, Not Shmogg(RB)
>>
>> And Pepper, Not Fluffy(RB).
>>
>> And in between there has been IBKFergus(?), Suki(RB) and Shadow(RB)
>>
>> Plus the Barekitten, Yowlet, who's 12 now, and the hubster, Joel -
>>
>> RPCA is much harder to access than it used to be - I can't read Usenet via a news reader; I don't have a news server any more.
>>
>> But I still have fond memories of this place.
>>
>> Purrs to all,
>>
>> Yowie
>>

>Welcome back, Yowie! It's hard to believe the Yowlet is 12. He hadn't
>even been born when you were so gracious as to show me around
>Wollongong. I'm sorry to hear about the RB kitties. I remember meeting
>Schmogg.
>
>I currently have Pickles (with an 's') and Koala. I didn't name Koala;
>he was named by volunteers at the shelter where I got him. Actually
>they named him 'Koala Bear', but naturally I dropped the 'Bear'. I
>wasn't about to change his name, though. He and I were obviously meant
>for each other.
>
>Joy

Really, the Yowlet is 12? Someone is getting older. I think it's me.

Bastette
September 14th 16, 12:42 AM
dgk wrote:

> On Mon, 12 Sep 2016 23:26:39 -0700, Joy >
> wrote:

>>On 9/12/2016 9:46 PM, Yowie wrote:
>>> G'day All.
>>>
>>> Its Pickle these days, Not Shmogg(RB)
>>>
>>> And Pepper, Not Fluffy(RB).
>>>
>>> And in between there has been IBKFergus(?), Suki(RB) and Shadow(RB)
>>>
>>> Plus the Barekitten, Yowlet, who's 12 now, and the hubster, Joel -
>>>
>>> RPCA is much harder to access than it used to be - I can't read Usenet via a news reader; I don't have a news server any more.
>>>
>>> But I still have fond memories of this place.
>>>
>>> Purrs to all,
>>>
>>> Yowie
>>>

>>Welcome back, Yowie! It's hard to believe the Yowlet is 12. He hadn't
>>even been born when you were so gracious as to show me around
>>Wollongong. I'm sorry to hear about the RB kitties. I remember meeting
>>Schmogg.
>>
>>I currently have Pickles (with an 's') and Koala. I didn't name Koala;
>>he was named by volunteers at the shelter where I got him. Actually
>>they named him 'Koala Bear', but naturally I dropped the 'Bear'. I
>>wasn't about to change his name, though. He and I were obviously meant
>>for each other.
>>
>>Joy

> Really, the Yowlet is 12? Someone is getting older. I think it's me.

We all are, dgk. We all are.

(I didn't choose this .sig on purpose - it's randomly selected.
Honest. :) )

--
Joyce

What I look forward to, is continued immaturity, followed by death.
-- Dave Barry

Joy[_3_]
September 14th 16, 01:53 AM
On 9/13/2016 4:42 PM, Bastette wrote:
> dgk wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 12 Sep 2016 23:26:39 -0700, Joy >
> > wrote:

> >>Welcome back, Yowie! It's hard to believe the Yowlet is 12. He hadn't
> >>even been born when you were so gracious as to show me around
> >>Wollongong. I'm sorry to hear about the RB kitties. I remember meeting
> >>Schmogg.
> >>
> >>I currently have Pickles (with an 's') and Koala. I didn't name Koala;
> >>he was named by volunteers at the shelter where I got him. Actually
> >>they named him 'Koala Bear', but naturally I dropped the 'Bear'. I
> >>wasn't about to change his name, though. He and I were obviously meant
> >>for each other.
> >>
> >>Joy
>
> > Really, the Yowlet is 12? Someone is getting older. I think it's me.
>
> We all are, dgk. We all are.
>
> (I didn't choose this .sig on purpose - it's randomly selected.
> Honest. :) )

It couldn't have been any more appropriate if you had picked it.

jmcquown[_2_]
September 14th 16, 11:20 PM
On 9/13/2016 12:46 AM, Yowie wrote:
> G'day All.
>
> Its Pickle these days, Not Shmogg(RB)
>
> And Pepper, Not Fluffy(RB).
>
> And in between there has been IBKFergus(?), Suki(RB) and Shadow(RB)
>
> Plus the Barekitten, Yowlet, who's 12 now, and the hubster, Joel -
>
> RPCA is much harder to access than it used to be - I can't read Usenet via a news reader; I don't have a news server any more.
>
> But I still have fond memories of this place.
>
> Purrs to all,
>
> Yowie

Nice to hear from you!

Jill and Buffy, not Persia(RB)

Bastette
September 15th 16, 03:28 AM
Joy wrote:

> On 9/13/2016 4:42 PM, Bastette wrote:
>> dgk wrote:

>> > Really, the Yowlet is 12? Someone is getting older. I think it's me.
>>
>> We all are, dgk. We all are.
>>
>> (I didn't choose this .sig on purpose - it's randomly selected.
>> Honest. :) )

> It couldn't have been any more appropriate if you had picked it.

Exactly!

(Not referring to the one below.)

--
Joyce

I wonder, wonder, whooooo, WHO! Who rode the moo-cow now?
-- Misheard lyric from "Book of Love"

dgk
September 19th 16, 04:39 PM
On Thu, 15 Sep 2016 02:28:21 -0000 (UTC), Bastette
> wrote:

>Joy wrote:

> >> We all are, dgk. We all are.
> >>
> >> (I didn't choose this .sig on purpose - it's randomly selected.
> >> Honest. :) )
>
> > It couldn't have been any more appropriate if you had picked it.
>
>Exactly!
>
>(Not referring to the one below.)

My doctor has a sign in her office that reads something like:"Enjoy
growing oder, it's a privilege that many people don't get".

September 26th 16, 05:34 AM
On Monday, September 19, 2016 at 8:39:28 AM UTC-7, dgk wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Sep 2016 02:28:21 -0000 (UTC), Bastette
> > wrote:
>
> >Joy wrote:

> > > It couldn't have been any more appropriate if you had picked it.
> >
> >Exactly!
> >
> >(Not referring to the one below.)
>
> My doctor has a sign in her office that reads something like:"Enjoy
> growing oder, it's a privilege that many people don't get".

I wrotee a poem that begins ...I don't mean to complain, but you see, My Mirror is getting older, I doesn't look like me.

P2nya is getting older too. She's 11 now.
Just getting back herer...not as easy.
Sylvia

Yowie[_4_]
October 1st 16, 04:58 AM
On Wednesday, 14 September 2016 09:42:58 UTC+10, Bastette wrote:
> dgk wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 12 Sep 2016 23:26:39 -0700, Joy >
> > wrote:

> >>Welcome back, Yowie! It's hard to believe the Yowlet is 12. He hadn't
> >>even been born when you were so gracious as to show me around
> >>Wollongong. I'm sorry to hear about the RB kitties. I remember meeting
> >>Schmogg.
> >>
> >>I currently have Pickles (with an 's') and Koala. I didn't name Koala;
> >>he was named by volunteers at the shelter where I got him. Actually
> >>they named him 'Koala Bear', but naturally I dropped the 'Bear'. I
> >>wasn't about to change his name, though. He and I were obviously meant
> >>for each other.
> >>
> >>Joy
>
> > Really, the Yowlet is 12? Someone is getting older. I think it's me.
>
> We all are, dgk. We all are.
>
> (I didn't choose this .sig on purpose - it's randomly selected.
> Honest. :) )
>
> --
> Joyce
>
> What I look forward to, is continued immaturity, followed by death.
> -- Dave Barry

What a wonderfully appropriate .sig!

Yowie

Yowie[_4_]
October 1st 16, 04:59 AM
On Tuesday, 20 September 2016 01:39:28 UTC+10, dgk wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Sep 2016 02:28:21 -0000 (UTC), Bastette
> > wrote:
>
> >Joy wrote:

> > > It couldn't have been any more appropriate if you had picked it.
> >
> >Exactly!
> >
> >(Not referring to the one below.)
>
> My doctor has a sign in her office that reads something like:"Enjoy
> growing oder, it's a privilege that many people don't get".

Ay, thats true. Growing old is better than the alternative.

Yowie