PDA

View Full Version : Buffy and I are Fine

jmcquown[_2_]
October 13th 16, 11:49 PM
Comcast was slow catching up with restoring their online service. Buffy
and I are fine, thanks!

The wind was pretty scary in the middle of the night (last Saturday)
when the hurricane came through. The wind was soughing. I love that
word. It was soughing through the trees. I have to tell you, it was
pretty darn creepy. It wasn't enough to keep me awake, though.

Buffy heard things blowing around and crashing out back. She pretty
much glued herself right next to me in bed.

She also wondered the next night why we were sitting around with an oil
lamp on the table. Well, not specifically but... um, something is
different.

Ironically, I have hurricane (oil lamps). They do actually shed much
more light in a room than battery operated LED lanterns.

The rain was blown ahead of the storm. No flooding, no storm surges.
Thankfully!

Oh, but on the other side of the island the marina is gone. This is what
is left of it:

http://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/community/beaufort-news/article107390312.html

Has anyone caught up with how djk and his mother, Marlo and the other
cats fared?

I got my internet connection back around noon today.

Someone on Dataw fed the feral cats before evacuating. They posted
wondering if anyone knows what happened to the cats. I wish I did know.
I hope they were able to find shelter.

Jill

Je▀us[_7_]
October 14th 16, 12:05 AM
On Thu, 13 Oct 2016 18:49:16 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>Comcast was slow catching up with restoring their online service. Buffy
>and I are fine, thanks!

Yay :)

>The wind was pretty scary in the middle of the night (last Saturday)
>when the hurricane came through. The wind was soughing. I love that
>word. It was soughing through the trees. I have to tell you, it was
>pretty darn creepy. It wasn't enough to keep me awake, though.
>
>Buffy heard things blowing around and crashing out back. She pretty
>much glued herself right next to me in bed.
>
>She also wondered the next night why we were sitting around with an oil
>lamp on the table. Well, not specifically but... um, something is
>different.
>
>Ironically, I have hurricane (oil lamps). They do actually shed much
>more light in a room than battery operated LED lanterns.
>
>The rain was blown ahead of the storm. No flooding, no storm surges.
>Thankfully!
>
>Oh, but on the other side of the island the marina is gone. This is what
>is left of it:
>
>http://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/community/beaufort-news/article107390312.html
>
>Has anyone caught up with how djk and his mother, Marlo and the other
>cats fared?
>
>I got my internet connection back around noon today.
>
>Someone on Dataw fed the feral cats before evacuating. They posted
>wondering if anyone knows what happened to the cats. I wish I did know.
> I hope they were able to find shelter.

Glad you and Buffy got through it all okay.

Bastette
October 14th 16, 01:28 AM
jmcquown wrote:

> Comcast was slow catching up with restoring their online service. Buffy
> and I are fine, thanks!

I'm glad you guys are OK!

> The wind was pretty scary in the middle of the night (last Saturday)
> when the hurricane came through. The wind was soughing. I love that
> word. It was soughing through the trees.

This being the English language, I have no idea how to pronounce that.
Does it rhyme with tough, cough, through, thought, or bough? :)

> Buffy heard things blowing around and crashing out back. She pretty
> much glued herself right next to me in bed.

Aww. Good thing you had each other.

> Ironically, I have hurricane (oil lamps).

That's good preparation! Nothing ironic about that.

> Oh, but on the other side of the island the marina is gone. This is what
> is left of it:

> http://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/community/beaufort-news/article107390312.html

> Has anyone caught up with how djk and his mother, Marlo and the other
> cats fared?

They are all fine. (I've always thought dgk was female! :))

> Someone on Dataw fed the feral cats before evacuating. They posted
> wondering if anyone knows what happened to the cats. I wish I did know.
> I hope they were able to find shelter.

Purrs...

Joyce

--
- Mommy loves you too my sweaty litter baby fire
- Ummm what mom?

cshenk
October 14th 16, 02:33 AM
jmcquown wrote in rec.pets.cats.anecdotes:

> Comcast was slow catching up with restoring their online service.
> Buffy and I are fine, thanks!
>
> The wind was pretty scary in the middle of the night (last Saturday)
> when the hurricane came through. The wind was soughing. I love that
> word. It was soughing through the trees. I have to tell you, it was
> pretty darn creepy. It wasn't enough to keep me awake, though.
>
> Buffy heard things blowing around and crashing out back. She pretty
> much glued herself right next to me in bed.
>
> She also wondered the next night why we were sitting around with an
> oil lamp on the table. Well, not specifically but... um, something
> is different.
>
> Ironically, I have hurricane (oil lamps). They do actually shed much
> more light in a room than battery operated LED lanterns.
>
> The rain was blown ahead of the storm. No flooding, no storm surges.
> Thankfully!
>
> Oh, but on the other side of the island the marina is gone. This is
> what is left of it:
>
> http://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/community/beaufort-news/article
> 107390312.html
>
> Has anyone caught up with how djk and his mother, Marlo and the other
> cats fared?
>
> I got my internet connection back around noon today.
>
> Someone on Dataw fed the feral cats before evacuating. They posted
> wondering if anyone knows what happened to the cats. I wish I did
> know. I hope they were able to find shelter.
>
> Jill

Hi Jill! So glad to hear that. I got word later that someone got
through to tell us you and Buffy were ok.

--

MaryL[_2_]
October 14th 16, 08:23 AM
On 10/13/2016 5:49 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> Comcast was slow catching up with restoring their online service. Buffy
> and I are fine, thanks!
>
> The wind was pretty scary in the middle of the night (last Saturday)
> when the hurricane came through. The wind was soughing. I love that
> word. It was soughing through the trees. I have to tell you, it was
> pretty darn creepy. It wasn't enough to keep me awake, though.

<snip>

> Someone on Dataw fed the feral cats before evacuating. They posted
> wondering if anyone knows what happened to the cats. I wish I did know.
> I hope they were able to find shelter.
>
> Jill

Welcome back, Jill! I'm glad you and Buffy came through the storm
untouched, even though it was scary. I had a friend who went through
one of the major hurricanes in Houston several years ago. She and her
dog sat in her bathtub, and she said she could actually feel the change
in barometric pressure--and said she would never sit through another
one. It sounds like you fared much better.

I hope the feral cats are alright.

MaryL

Rusty[_2_]
October 15th 16, 07:47 PM
On Thursday, October 13, 2016 at 6:49:19 PM UTC-4, Jill McQuown wrote:
> Comcast was slow catching up with restoring their online service. Buffy
> and I are fine, thanks!
>
> The wind was pretty scary in the middle of the night (last Saturday)
> when the hurricane came through. The wind was soughing. I love that
> word. It was soughing through the trees. I have to tell you, it was
> pretty darn creepy. It wasn't enough to keep me awake, though.
>
> Buffy heard things blowing around and crashing out back. She pretty
> much glued herself right next to me in bed.
>
> She also wondered the next night why we were sitting around with an oil
> lamp on the table. Well, not specifically but... um, something is
> different.
>
> Ironically, I have hurricane (oil lamps). They do actually shed much
> more light in a room than battery operated LED lanterns.
>
> The rain was blown ahead of the storm. No flooding, no storm surges.
> Thankfully!
>
> Oh, but on the other side of the island the marina is gone. This is what
> is left of it:
>
> http://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/community/beaufort-news/article107390312.html
>
> Has anyone caught up with how djk and his mother, Marlo and the other
> cats fared?
>
> I got my internet connection back around noon today.
>
> Someone on Dataw fed the feral cats before evacuating. They posted
> wondering if anyone knows what happened to the cats. I wish I did know.
> I hope they were able to find shelter.
>
> Jill

Glad to hear you and Buffy are fine. Have been thinking and worrying about you.

Winnie

dgk
October 17th 16, 01:42 AM
wrote:

>Comcast was slow catching up with restoring their online service. Buffy
>and I are fine, thanks!
>
>The wind was pretty scary in the middle of the night (last Saturday)
>when the hurricane came through. The wind was soughing. I love that
>word. It was soughing through the trees. I have to tell you, it was
>pretty darn creepy. It wasn't enough to keep me awake, though.
>
>Buffy heard things blowing around and crashing out back. She pretty
>much glued herself right next to me in bed.
>
>She also wondered the next night why we were sitting around with an oil
>lamp on the table. Well, not specifically but... um, something is
>different.
>
>Ironically, I have hurricane (oil lamps). They do actually shed much
>more light in a room than battery operated LED lanterns.
>
>The rain was blown ahead of the storm. No flooding, no storm surges.
>Thankfully!
>
>Oh, but on the other side of the island the marina is gone. This is what
>is left of it:
>
>http://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/community/beaufort-news/article107390312.html
>
>Has anyone caught up with how djk and his mother, Marlo and the other
>cats fared?
>
>I got my internet connection back around noon today.
>
>Someone on Dataw fed the feral cats before evacuating. They posted
>wondering if anyone knows what happened to the cats. I wish I did know.
> I hope they were able to find shelter.
>
>Jill

We're fine also. Just some wind and rain, and not much rain at that.
But it was just luck. It could have been very bad.

Irulan
October 17th 16, 06:00 PM
Glad to hear you and the kitty are fine! God bless.

lrulan
from the stars we come
to the stars we return
from now until the end of time.