PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know what happened to Mike?

jmcquown[_2_]
December 12th 16, 12:02 AM
Mike Mayers. He was an elderly gent who adopted a cat named Cotton. He
was a fairly new member to RPCA and he had suffered some "mini-strokes"
and was hospitalized for a time. I was wondering if he's okay or maybe
went to join the Facebook group. Anyone know?

Jill

Bastette
December 13th 16, 12:22 AM
jmcquown wrote:

> Mike Mayers. He was an elderly gent who adopted a cat named Cotton. He
> was a fairly new member to RPCA and he had suffered some "mini-strokes"
> and was hospitalized for a time. I was wondering if he's okay or maybe
> went to join the Facebook group. Anyone know?

I haven't seen him on the FB group. Is he the person who lives in New
Hampshire?

Joyce
--
- Your mom and I are going to divorce next month.
- What??? Why! Call me please?

jmcquown[_2_]
December 13th 16, 12:37 AM
On 12/12/2016 6:22 PM, Bastette wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>
> > Mike Mayers. He was an elderly gent who adopted a cat named Cotton. He
> > was a fairly new member to RPCA and he had suffered some "mini-strokes"
> > and was hospitalized for a time. I was wondering if he's okay or maybe
> > went to join the Facebook group. Anyone know?
>
> I haven't seen him on the FB group. Is he the person who lives in New
> Hampshire?
>
> Joyce

I think so but I'm not 100% sure. He didn't post here for long. I
remember him saying he'd adopted a white cat named Cotton. He was gone
for a bit, came back and said he'd been hospitalized after having some
small strokes but that he was doing okay. Then he vanished. I hope
he's okay. IIRC he said he was 83 years old.

Jill

Bastette
December 13th 16, 04:44 AM
jmcquown wrote:

> On 12/12/2016 6:22 PM, Bastette wrote:
>> jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> > Mike Mayers. He was an elderly gent who adopted a cat named Cotton. He
>> > was a fairly new member to RPCA and he had suffered some "mini-strokes"
>> > and was hospitalized for a time. I was wondering if he's okay or maybe
>> > went to join the Facebook group. Anyone know?
>>
>> I haven't seen him on the FB group. Is he the person who lives in New
>> Hampshire?
>>
>> Joyce
>>
> I think so but I'm not 100% sure. He didn't post here for long. I
> remember him saying he'd adopted a white cat named Cotton. He was gone
> for a bit, came back and said he'd been hospitalized after having some
> small strokes but that he was doing okay. Then he vanished. I hope
> he's okay. IIRC he said he was 83 years old.

I remember Cotton. Also, I think he had one or two other cats before
that who went to the bridge, but I can't remember their names.

--
Beauty and music seduce us first; later, ashamed of our own sensuality,
we insist on meaning. -- Clive Barker

jmcquown[_2_]
December 13th 16, 03:40 PM
On 12/12/2016 10:44 PM, Bastette wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:

> >> I haven't seen him on the FB group. Is he the person who lives in New
> >> Hampshire?
> >>
> >> Joyce
> >>
> > I think so but I'm not 100% sure. He didn't post here for long. I
> > remember him saying he'd adopted a white cat named Cotton. He was gone
> > for a bit, came back and said he'd been hospitalized after having some
> > small strokes but that he was doing okay. Then he vanished. I hope
> > he's okay. IIRC he said he was 83 years old.
>
> I remember Cotton. Also, I think he had one or two other cats before
> that who went to the bridge, but I can't remember their names.

Yes, Cotton was a recent adoption after his other cats went to the RB.
It's worrisome when a person of that age stops posting.

Jill

Mishi[_2_]
December 13th 16, 07:39 PM
On Sunday, December 11, 2016 at 6:02:24 PM UTC-5, Jill McQuown wrote:
> Mike Mayers. He was an elderly gent who adopted a cat named Cotton. He
> was a fairly new member to RPCA and he had suffered some "mini-strokes"
> and was hospitalized for a time. I was wondering if he's okay or maybe
> went to join the Facebook group. Anyone know?
>
> Jill

I believe he lives in Twin Mountain, NH. I found an older post that mentions his PO Box and address.

Bastette
December 13th 16, 11:22 PM
jmcquown wrote:

> On 12/12/2016 10:44 PM, Bastette wrote:
>> jmcquown wrote:

>> > I think so but I'm not 100% sure. He didn't post here for long. I
>> > remember him saying he'd adopted a white cat named Cotton. He was gone
>> > for a bit, came back and said he'd been hospitalized after having some
>> > small strokes but that he was doing okay. Then he vanished. I hope
>> > he's okay. IIRC he said he was 83 years old.
>>
>> I remember Cotton. Also, I think he had one or two other cats before
>> that who went to the bridge, but I can't remember their names.
>>
> Yes, Cotton was a recent adoption after his other cats went to the RB.
> It's worrisome when a person of that age stops posting.

Yes, the same thing happened with MLB (Marie). She was in her 90s. I don't
think we ever found out what happened with her, but it's not unreasonable
to think she might've gone to the bridge, in which case I hope Roxy is giving
her head rubs!

Joyce
--
A clean house is a sign of a broken computer.