PDA

View Full Version : Cat Cursing..

The New Other Guy
January 1st 17, 06:38 AM
I learned several new cat curse words today,
after succumbing to the requests to allow
GLyN to go outside at 6am, even though it
was still raining.

When I got up, near noon, I went to the door
right away, but clearly NOT soon enough, and
received an earful (or three) telling me what
a HORRIBLE person I was for letting him out
at all, and for making him stay out that long.

I toweled him off, and fed him, and petted him
and he is now happily sleeping ON my bed, by
himself, which is unusual enough, but 3rd day
in a row for Mr. GLyN due to the continued
inclement weather.

I THINK he's getting a little older,
as he never used to want to stay inside that
much, but it seems to be getting more common,
and I'm not the least bothered by it.

jmcquown[_2_]
January 1st 17, 09:34 AM
On 1/1/2017 12:38 AM, The New Other Guy wrote:

> I learned several new cat curse words today,
> after succumbing to the requests to allow
> GLyN to go outside at 6am, even though it
> was still raining.
>
> When I got up, near noon, I went to the door
> right away, but clearly NOT soon enough, and
> received an earful (or three) telling me what
> a HORRIBLE person I was for letting him out
> at all, and for making him stay out that long.
>
> I toweled him off, and fed him, and petted him
> and he is now happily sleeping ON my bed, by
> himself, which is unusual enough, but 3rd day
> in a row for Mr. GLyN due to the continued
> inclement weather.
>
> I THINK he's getting a little older,
> as he never used to want to stay inside that
> much, but it seems to be getting more common,
> and I'm not the least bothered by it.

Happy New Year to you and GLyN! Hopefully 2017 will bring less rain and
more time napping on your bed. ;)

Jill

dgk
January 2nd 17, 11:05 PM
On Sat, 31 Dec 2016 21:38:48 -0800, The New Other Guy
> wrote:

>I learned several new cat curse words today,
>after succumbing to the requests to allow
>GLyN to go outside at 6am, even though it
>was still raining.
>
>When I got up, near noon, I went to the door
>right away, but clearly NOT soon enough, and
>received an earful (or three) telling me what
>a HORRIBLE person I was for letting him out
>at all, and for making him stay out that long.
>
>I toweled him off, and fed him, and petted him
>and he is now happily sleeping ON my bed, by
>himself, which is unusual enough, but 3rd day
>in a row for Mr. GLyN due to the continued
>inclement weather.
>
>I THINK he's getting a little older,
>as he never used to want to stay inside that
>much, but it seems to be getting more common,
>and I'm not the least bothered by it.

I notice the same thing happening to me.

Bastette
January 3rd 17, 09:36 PM
dgk wrote:

> On Sat, 31 Dec 2016 21:38:48 -0800, The New Other Guy
> > wrote:

>> I THINK he's getting a little older,
>> as he never used to want to stay inside that
>> much, but it seems to be getting more common,
>> and I'm not the least bothered by it.

> I notice the same thing happening to me.

Meaning, as they age, your cats want to spend more time inside? Or *you*
want to spend more time inside? :)

Joyce
--
A clean house is a sign of a broken computer.

Joy[_3_]
January 3rd 17, 09:56 PM
On 1/3/2017 12:36 PM, Bastette wrote:
> dgk wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 31 Dec 2016 21:38:48 -0800, The New Other Guy
> > > wrote:
>
> >> I THINK he's getting a little older,
> >> as he never used to want to stay inside that
> >> much, but it seems to be getting more common,
> >> and I'm not the least bothered by it.
>
> > I notice the same thing happening to me.
>
> Meaning, as they age, your cats want to spend more time inside? Or *you*
> want to spend more time inside? :)
>
> Joyce

Or both?

The New Other Guy
January 3rd 17, 11:51 PM
On Tue, 3 Jan 2017 20:36:22 -0000 (UTC), Bastette >
wrote:

>dgk wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 31 Dec 2016 21:38:48 -0800, The New Other Guy
> > > wrote:
>
> >> I THINK he's getting a little older,
> >> as he never used to want to stay inside that
> >> much, but it seems to be getting more common,
> >> and I'm not the least bothered by it.
>
> > I notice the same thing happening to me.
>
>Meaning, as they age, your cats want to spend more time inside? Or *you*
>want to spend more time inside? :)

BOTH of the above!

dgk
January 6th 17, 04:18 AM
On Tue, 3 Jan 2017 20:36:22 -0000 (UTC), Bastette
> wrote:

>dgk wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 31 Dec 2016 21:38:48 -0800, The New Other Guy
> > > wrote:
>
> >> I THINK he's getting a little older,
> >> as he never used to want to stay inside that
> >> much, but it seems to be getting more common,
> >> and I'm not the least bothered by it.
>
> > I notice the same thing happening to me.
>
>Meaning, as they age, your cats want to spend more time inside? Or *you*
>want to spend more time inside? :)
>
>Joyce

I want to spend more time inside. But it doesn't work that way very
often.