PDA

View Full Version : Photo of Buffy

jmcquown[_2_]
January 20th 17, 01:34 AM
This is not a new photograph but John in NY probably hasn't seen her yet:

https://s29.postimg.org/bylos8u9z/Im_So_Pretty.jpg

Jill

John Kasupski
January 20th 17, 03:51 AM
On Thu, 19 Jan 2017 19:34:47 -0500, jmcquown > wrote:

>This is not a new photograph but John in NY probably hasn't seen her yet:
>
>https://s29.postimg.org/bylos8u9z/Im_So_Pretty.jpg

Of course I hadn't. She's beautiful. I'm going to get some pictures of Minnie up
somewhere, but I have to get batteries for my camera first. I have some cheap
ones around here that are good enough for an LED flashlight, but in a digital
camera or even one of my portable radios, they don't last ten minutes.

I seem to recall you mentioning that Buffy is a former feral. Is that how vets
clip a cat's ears to indicate it's been altered or did she tangle with something
before she found her way into your kitchen and heart? We don't seem to have a
TNR program around here, so I've read about it, but never seen how they do it.

Oh, BTW, I blew her up to 1024x768 and...well, have a look:

https://s29.postimg.org/f0fqarsiv/Buffy_Jills_Cat.jpg

If anyone's browser still chokes on spaces in URLs you can try:

https://postimg.org/image/o87yrgzkz/

John D. Kasupski
Niagara Falls, NY

jmcquown[_2_]
January 20th 17, 04:35 AM
On 1/19/2017 9:51 PM, John Kasupski wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Jan 2017 19:34:47 -0500, jmcquown > wrote:
>
>> This is not a new photograph but John in NY probably hasn't seen her yet:
>>
>> https://s29.postimg.org/bylos8u9z/Im_So_Pretty.jpg
>
> Of course I hadn't. She's beautiful.

She's very pretty. And she knows it. :)

I'm going to get some pictures of Minnie up
> somewhere, but I have to get batteries for my camera first.

Looking forward to pictures of Minnie.

> I seem to recall you mentioning that Buffy is a former feral. Is that how vets
> clip a cat's ears to indicate it's been altered

Yes. TNR - trap, neuter, release. They also give the cats vaccinations
against rabies and other outdoor infections before they release them.
The notched ear is so they can distinguish the cats who have already
been treated. The person who took Buffy in did so after she'd been a
part of the cat colony but also when she was young enough to adapt
easily to an indoor setting.

> We don't seem to have a
> TNR program around here, so I've read about it, but never seen how they do it.

Sure you do. Apparently you haven't looked.

http://saveapetniagara.com/spay-neuter-community-awareness.html

http://beavercreekfarm.co/feral-cat-trap-neuter-release-program-niagara-falls/

> Oh, BTW, I blew her up to 1024x768 and...well, have a look:
>
> https://s29.postimg.org/f0fqarsiv/Buffy_Jills_Cat.jpg

Okay.

Jill