PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone heard from Takayuki?

Mishi[_2_]
February 16th 17, 10:50 PM
Worried about him.

Takayuki
February 17th 17, 04:07 AM
On Thu, 16 Feb 2017 14:50:54 -0800 (PST), Mishi > wrote:
>Worried about him.

Oh hi, no need to be worried, I'm here, although I haven't been dropping in
as much - I really should. I'll try and see if I can catch up on everyone.

Takayuki
February 18th 17, 05:12 PM
Hi everyone. Yes, I'm still around, but I did find, somewhat surprisingly,
that reading and writing about kitties made me a bit melancholy about late
Spicey.

Even I've wondered to myself why someone would miss such a vicious little
cat. You'd normally never meet a cat like her - she wouldn't be put on the
visitor floor of a cat shelter, for example, just for liability reasons.

Yet, her flaws made her fascinating. And "human", even that doesn't sound
like a terribly apropos word. A broken personality is like a broken watch -
you see little cogs and springs falling out, and you can learn a lot about
its inner workings, if you happen to observe carefully.

Spicey taught me that a one sided love can be just as strong as any other
kind of love. And that even a love that is one sided may someday be
returned.

And Dot and Buster have been supportive. Dot thinks she's a 17 year old
kitten. And Buster loves pranks, and has been pestiferously working at
becoming a film star during my video conferences.

Joy[_3_]
February 18th 17, 11:29 PM
On 2/18/2017 9:12 AM, Takayuki wrote:
> Hi everyone. Yes, I'm still around, but I did find, somewhat surprisingly,
> that reading and writing about kitties made me a bit melancholy about late
> Spicey.
>
> Even I've wondered to myself why someone would miss such a vicious little
> cat. You'd normally never meet a cat like her - she wouldn't be put on the
> visitor floor of a cat shelter, for example, just for liability reasons.
>
> Yet, her flaws made her fascinating. And "human", even that doesn't sound
> like a terribly apropos word. A broken personality is like a broken watch -
> you see little cogs and springs falling out, and you can learn a lot about
> its inner workings, if you happen to observe carefully.
>
> Spicey taught me that a one sided love can be just as strong as any other
> kind of love. And that even a love that is one sided may someday be
> returned.
>
> And Dot and Buster have been supportive. Dot thinks she's a 17 year old
> kitten. And Buster loves pranks, and has been pestiferously working at
> becoming a film star during my video conferences.

You certainly don't have to apologize for loving Spicey, even if she did
have problems. I'm sorry you lost her, and that you have Dot and Buster
to help console you.

Bastette[_4_]
February 22nd 17, 02:22 AM
Takayuki wrote:

> Hi everyone. Yes, I'm still around, but I did find, somewhat surprisingly,
> that reading and writing about kitties made me a bit melancholy about late
> Spicey.

> Even I've wondered to myself why someone would miss such a vicious little
> cat. You'd normally never meet a cat like her - she wouldn't be put on the
> visitor floor of a cat shelter, for example, just for liability reasons.

> Yet, her flaws made her fascinating. And "human", even that doesn't sound
> like a terribly apropos word. A broken personality is like a broken watch -
> you see little cogs and springs falling out, and you can learn a lot about
> its inner workings, if you happen to observe carefully.

> Spicey taught me that a one sided love can be just as strong as any other
> kind of love. And that even a love that is one sided may someday be
> returned.

I think in your case with Spicey, it was returned. She showed you how
grateful she was to you for taking her in and caring for her. She became
a lot more friendly to humans, too - alright, maybe just you, but that
was a big step from the way she was when you first took her in.

> And Dot and Buster have been supportive. Dot thinks she's a 17 year old
> kitten.

Once a day, Licky thinks he's a 14-year-old kitten, but it doesn't last
too long. :)

> And Buster loves pranks, and has been pestiferously working at
> becoming a film star during my video conferences.

Any sign that he might be getting his big break?

Joyce

--
I will not sniff at my male human's feet after he takes his shoes off,
freeze my mouth open in disgust and then sniff my private parts to compare

Takayuki
February 24th 17, 04:46 AM
On Wed, 22 Feb 2017 02:22:19 -0000 (UTC), Bastette
> wrote:
>Takayuki wrote:
> > Spicey taught me that a one sided love can be just as strong as any other
> > kind of love. And that even a love that is one sided may someday be
> > returned.
>
>I think in your case with Spicey, it was returned. She showed you how
>grateful she was to you for taking her in and caring for her. She became
>a lot more friendly to humans, too - alright, maybe just you, but that
>was a big step from the way she was when you first took her in.
>
> > And Dot and Buster have been supportive. Dot thinks she's a 17 year old
> > kitten.
>
>Once a day, Licky thinks he's a 14-year-old kitten, but it doesn't last
>too long. :)
>
> > And Buster loves pranks, and has been pestiferously working at
> > becoming a film star during my video conferences.
>
>Any sign that he might be getting his big break?

Spicey's love was returned - sometimes. :) Once she reluctantly let me, I
loved holding and kissing her, which I did a lot, as though to make up for
the time when I wasn't able to.

I didn't realize that Licky was only a few years younger than Dot. Buster
is a relative youngster at 10 years old. Aren't all boy cats a bit goofy?