PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone heard from MaryL?

jmcquown[_2_]
February 25th 17, 03:28 PM
I haven't seen any posts from her in a while. I hope everything is okay.

Jill

MaryL
May 12th 17, 01:18 PM
On 2/25/2017 9:28 AM, jmcquown wrote:
> I haven't seen any posts from her in a while. I hope everything is okay.
>
> Jill

Hi Jill,

My old computer crashed, and I had difficulty setting up Thunderbird and
newsgroups in the new one. Everything else worked fine, but newsgroups
gave me problems. They still don't look right, but I hope I can control
them now. Thanks for asking. Your message is old, so I hope you will
see my reply.

Everything is fine at my house except that I need to go for physical
therapy once or twice a week. Duffy, Selina and Kikki are all in good
shape. TED is especially impressed with Duffy. He says he is in
remarkable condition for a 19-year-old cat.

MaryL

jmcquown[_2_]
May 12th 17, 11:42 PM
On 5/12/2017 8:18 AM, MaryL wrote:
> On 2/25/2017 9:28 AM, jmcquown wrote:
>> I haven't seen any posts from her in a while. I hope everything is okay.
>>
>> Jill
>
> Hi Jill,
>
> My old computer crashed, and I had difficulty setting up Thunderbird and
> newsgroups in the new one. Everything else worked fine, but newsgroups
> gave me problems. They still don't look right, but I hope I can control
> them now. Thanks for asking. Your message is old, so I hope you will
> see my reply.
>
> Everything is fine at my house except that I need to go for physical
> therapy once or twice a week. Duffy, Selina and Kikki are all in good
> shape. TED is especially impressed with Duffy. He says he is in
> remarkable condition for a 19-year-old cat.
>
> MaryL

I had to switch news servers a couple of years ago. Try calling your
ISP and asking about port numbers for news servers... they have no clue.
LOL (The information IS available online) It took some time to
configure T-Bird exactly the way I wanted it again on the new server.
But hey, it's great to see you!

I'm glad everything is well with the cats! I'm glad you're fine, too,
of course. :) I'm sorry about the physical therapy but do what you need
to do to keep up with your remarkable Duffy, Nikki and Selina. :)

Jill

MaryL
July 2nd 18, 01:01 AM
On 5/12/2017 5:42 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 5/12/2017 8:18 AM, MaryL wrote:
>> On 2/25/2017 9:28 AM, jmcquown wrote:
>>> I haven't seen any posts from her in a while.¬* I hope everything is
>>> okay.
>>>
>>> Jill
>>
>> Hi Jill,
>>
>> My old computer crashed, and I had difficulty setting up Thunderbird and
>> newsgroups in the new one.¬* Everything else worked fine, but newsgroups
>> gave me problems.¬* They still don't look right, but I hope I can control
>> them now.¬* Thanks for asking.¬* Your message is old, so I hope you will
>> see my reply.
>>
>> Everything is fine at my house except that I need to go for physical
>> therapy once or twice a week.¬* Duffy, Selina and Kikki are all in good
>> shape.¬* TED is especially impressed with Duffy.¬* He says he is in
>> remarkable condition for a 19-year-old cat.
>>
>> MaryL
>>
> I had to switch news servers a couple of years ago.¬* Try calling your
> ISP and asking about port numbers for news servers... they have no clue.
> LOL¬* (The information IS available online)¬* It took some time to
> configure T-Bird exactly the way I wanted it again on the new server.
> But hey, it's great to see you!
>
> I'm glad everything is well with the cats!¬* I'm glad you're fine, too,
> of course. :)¬* I'm sorry about the physical therapy but do what you need
> to do to keep up with your remarkable Duffy, Nikki and Selina. :)
>
> Jill

I just saw this message. I realize it's late, but I wanted to talk
about my wonderful Duffy since you asked about him. Tragically, he went
to Rainbow Bridge in Oct. 2017. It was very sudden. My sister was
visiting, and Duffy was playing with both of us. We left for lunch,
When we returned an hour later, dear Duffy suddenly could not walk. It
was a Sunday, and there are no veterinarians open in town. I took him
to another town several miles away where an emergency vet was available.
They spent a long time with him, and the news was bad. They sent his
records to my vet as soon as his office opened at 7:30 the next morning.
He agreed with the emergency vet and told me that my wonderful Duffy
had had a stroke. I slept with him all night, and I made the very
difficult decision to have him put to sleep. He was 19.5 years old, and
we had a wonderful life together. Thank you for asking about him. I
know you always had a lot of interest in Duffy.

MaryL

joy
July 2nd 18, 01:22 AM
On 7/1/2018 5:01 PM, MaryL wrote:
> On 5/12/2017 5:42 PM, jmcquown wrote:

>>> Hi Jill,
>>>
>>> My old computer crashed, and I had difficulty setting up Thunderbird and
>>> newsgroups in the new one.¬* Everything else worked fine, but newsgroups
>>> gave me problems.¬* They still don't look right, but I hope I can control
>>> them now.¬* Thanks for asking.¬* Your message is old, so I hope you will
>>> see my reply.
>>>
>>> Everything is fine at my house except that I need to go for physical
>>> therapy once or twice a week.¬* Duffy, Selina and Kikki are all in good
>>> shape.¬* TED is especially impressed with Duffy.¬* He says he is in
>>> remarkable condition for a 19-year-old cat.
>>>
>>> MaryL
>>>
>> I had to switch news servers a couple of years ago.¬* Try calling your
>> ISP and asking about port numbers for news servers... they have no
>> clue. LOL¬* (The information IS available online)¬* It took some time to
>> configure T-Bird exactly the way I wanted it again on the new server.
>> But hey, it's great to see you!
>>
>> I'm glad everything is well with the cats!¬* I'm glad you're fine, too,
>> of course. :)¬* I'm sorry about the physical therapy but do what you
>> need to do to keep up with your remarkable Duffy, Nikki and Selina. :)
>>
>> Jill
>
> I just saw this message.¬* I realize it's late, but I wanted to talk
> about my wonderful Duffy since you asked about him.¬* Tragically, he went
> to Rainbow Bridge in Oct. 2017.¬* It was very sudden.¬* My sister was
> visiting, and Duffy was playing with both¬* of us.¬* We left for lunch,
> When we returned an hour later, dear Duffy suddenly could not walk.¬* It
> was a Sunday, and there are no veterinarians open in town.¬* I took him
> to another town several miles away where an emergency vet was available.
> ¬*They spent a¬* long time with him, and the news was bad.¬* They sent his
> records to my vet as soon as his office opened at 7:30 the next morning.
> ¬*He agreed with the emergency vet and told me that my wonderful Duffy
> had had a stroke.¬* I slept with him all night, and I made the very
> difficult decision to have him put to sleep.¬* He was 19.5 years old, and
> we had a wonderful life together.¬* Thank you for asking about him.¬* I
> know you always had a¬* lot of¬* interest in Duffy.
>
> MaryL

I'm sorry to hear that.

Joy

jmcquown[_2_]
July 3rd 18, 07:13 PM
On 7/1/2018 8:01 PM, MaryL wrote:

> I just saw this message.¬* I realize it's late, but I wanted to talk
> about my wonderful Duffy since you asked about him.¬* Tragically, he went
> to Rainbow Bridge in Oct. 2017.¬* It was very sudden.¬* My sister was
> visiting, and Duffy was playing with both¬* of us.¬* We left for lunch,
> When we returned an hour later, dear Duffy suddenly could not walk.¬* It
> was a Sunday, and there are no veterinarians open in town.¬* I took him
> to another town several miles away where an emergency vet was available.
> ¬*They spent a¬* long time with him, and the news was bad.¬* They sent his
> records to my vet as soon as his office opened at 7:30 the next morning.
> ¬*He agreed with the emergency vet and told me that my wonderful Duffy
> had had a stroke.¬* I slept with him all night, and I made the very
> difficult decision to have him put to sleep.¬* He was 19.5 years old, and
> we had a wonderful life together.¬* Thank you for asking about him.¬* I
> know you always had a¬* lot of¬* interest in Duffy.
>
> MaryL

I always loved hearing tales about Duffy. He was a very special cat
(not that they aren't all special). I knew he'd gone to the Bridge and
am very sorry for your loss. And bless you for adopting him when no one
else would.

I understand about wanting to talk about Duffy. After Persia went to
the RB in 2014 I posted a lot of reminisces about her antics. It helps
us heal.

Jill