PDA

View Full Version : Auckland library cat

Jack Campin
April 23rd 17, 12:12 PM
Statue planned to commemorate the library cat in Devonport, north
Auckland:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/auckland/local-news/north-shore-times/91743446/beloved-auckland-library-cat-to-have-25000-bronze-statue-cast-in-his-likeness

I was in Devonport a few years ago but didn't visit the library -
it's a pretty quiet, low-traffic area where a cat could normally
wander around safely, but not quite quiet enough:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/auckland/88951711/benjamin-devonport-librarys-resident-cat-dies-aged-17

mobile 07895 860 060 <http://www.campin.me.uk> Twitter: JackCampin

jmcquown[_2_]
April 23rd 17, 02:20 PM
On 4/23/2017 7:12 AM, Jack Campin wrote:
> Statue planned to commemorate the library cat in Devonport, north
> Auckland:
>
> http://www.stuff.co.nz/auckland/local-news/north-shore-times/91743446/beloved-auckland-library-cat-to-have-25000-bronze-statue-cast-in-his-likeness
>
> I was in Devonport a few years ago but didn't visit the library -
> it's a pretty quiet, low-traffic area where a cat could normally
> wander around safely, but not quite quiet enough:
>
> http://www.stuff.co.nz/auckland/88951711/benjamin-devonport-librarys-resident-cat-dies-aged-17

The statue will be a nice tribute to Benjamin the cat. :) I'm very
sorry he was run over. That's what happens when cats wander around,
even in a sleepy little place like Devonport. :(

I love the idea of shop cats. Thanks, Jack!

Jill