PDA

View Full Version : Beware of bully cats

John Doe[_2_]
May 7th 17, 06:17 AM
They can destroy your other cats' lives.

My best method so far for coping... Make a small closed belt
perhaps 4 inches in diameter. Very easy to do with
belt/strapping material and hot melt glue. It must be just
the right size. You slip it over their head and pull one of
their legs, paw first, through it. If the size is just right,
they can walk and use the litter box, but they are somewhat
disabled which discourages them from picking on your other
cats. That should be introduced gradually to avoid any muscle
strains. But it is a viable workaround because you can easily
dawn and doff it (put it on and take it off) using two hands.
It stays on. No apparent risk of hanging. In my opinion, if
you must cope with a bully cat, it helps a lot. Could not be
easier to use. Especially good for when you are gone.

reilloc
May 10th 17, 06:03 AM
On 5/7/2017 12:17 AM, John Doe wrote:
> They can destroy your other cats' lives.
>
> My best method so far for coping... Make a small closed belt
> perhaps 4 inches in diameter. Very easy to do with
> belt/strapping material and hot melt glue. It must be just
> the right size. You slip it over their head and pull one of
> their legs, paw first, through it. If the size is just right,
> they can walk and use the litter box, but they are somewhat
> disabled which discourages them from picking on your other
> cats. That should be introduced gradually to avoid any muscle
> strains. But it is a viable workaround because you can easily
> dawn and doff it (put it on and take it off) using two hands.
> It stays on. No apparent risk of hanging. In my opinion, if
> you must cope with a bully cat, it helps a lot. Could not be
> easier to use. Especially good for when you are gone.

Yer kinda nutty, ain'tcha? Hogtying a cat you think's unPC? Where you
live and I'll call the ACPCA on you?

LNC

---
http://www.avg.com

John Doe[_2_]
May 10th 17, 06:16 AM
It is not "hogtied" you piece of ****.

So easy to act holier-than-thou over the Internet. If there
were some better way to cope that doesn't suffer the pretense
of holiness and self-sacrifice on the part of the advice
giver, let's hear it. Certainly letting my other cats suffer
is not the solution.

This troll can go **** itself, and its mother too...

--
reilloc <reilloc gmail.com> wrote:

> From: reilloc <reilloc gmail.com>
> Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
> Subject: Re: Beware of bully cats
> Date: Wed, 10 May 2017 00:03:46 -0500
>
> On 5/7/2017 12:17 AM, John Doe wrote:
>> They can destroy your other cats' lives.
>>
>> My best method so far for coping... Make a small closed belt
>> perhaps 4 inches in diameter. Very easy to do with
>> belt/strapping material and hot melt glue. It must be just
>> the right size. You slip it over their head and pull one of
>> their legs, paw first, through it. If the size is just right,
>> they can walk and use the litter box, but they are somewhat
>> disabled which discourages them from picking on your other
>> cats. That should be introduced gradually to avoid any muscle
>> strains. But it is a viable workaround because you can easily
>> dawn and doff it (put it on and take it off) using two hands.
>> It stays on. No apparent risk of hanging. In my opinion, if
>> you must cope with a bully cat, it helps a lot. Could not be
>> easier to use. Especially good for when you are gone.
>>

> Yer kinda nutty, ain'tcha? Hogtying a cat you think's unPC? Where you
> live and I'll call the ACPCA on you?
>
> LNC
>
> ---
> http://www.avg.com

reilloc
May 14th 17, 12:41 AM
On 5/10/2017 12:16 AM, John Doe wrote:
> It is not "hogtied" you piece of ****.
>
> So easy to act holier-than-thou over the Internet. If there
> were some better way to cope that doesn't suffer the pretense
> of holiness and self-sacrifice on the part of the advice
> giver, let's hear it. Certainly letting my other cats suffer
> is not the solution.
>
> This troll can go **** itself, and its mother too...

Yer more'n jest a little nutty; yer fuktup in de haid. All yer cats's
sufferin' because they're yer cats. Yer an animal abuser, JD. Maybe
somebody investigating yer hoarding behavior'll notice the way you've
got one of 'em lashed up and send you to jail.

You'll like jail. No bullies there.

LNC

---
http://www.avg.com

John Doe[_2_]
May 14th 17, 02:05 AM
This is my original post...

My best method so far for coping... Make a small closed belt
perhaps 4 inches in diameter. Very easy to do with
belt/strapping material and hot melt glue. It must be just
the right size. You slip it over their head and pull one of
their legs, paw first, through it. If the size is just right,
they can walk and use the litter box, but they are somewhat
disabled which discourages them from picking on your other
cats. That should be introduced gradually to avoid any muscle
strains. But it is a viable workaround because you can easily
dawn and doff it (put it on and take it off) using two hands.
It stays on. No apparent risk of hanging. In my opinion, if
you must cope with a bully cat, it helps a lot. Could not be
easier to use. Especially good for when you are gone.

To any normal person, that should look like an excellent
solution to a horrible problem. It is. Of course not all
people rescue cats, some buy cats from pet stores and might
not consider the possibility of having to cope with serious
behavioral problems. And when they do, they end up dumping
them on the street and people like me end up taking care of
them.

Maybe this troll is envious/jealous of my cat's Skyway. Or
maybe it is addicted to opioids. Or maybe the old man's
Depends is leaking...

--
reilloc <reilloc gmail.com> wrote:

> From: reilloc <reilloc gmail.com>
> Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav,free.spam
> Subject: Re: Beware of bully cats
> Date: Sat, 13 May 2017 18:41:07 -0500
>
> On 5/10/2017 12:16 AM, John Doe wrote:
>> It is not "hogtied" you piece of ****.
>>
>> So easy to act holier-than-thou over the Internet. If there
>> were some better way to cope that doesn't suffer the pretense
>> of holiness and self-sacrifice on the part of the advice
>> giver, let's hear it. Certainly letting my other cats suffer
>> is not the solution.
>>
>> This troll can go **** itself, and its mother too...
>>

> Yer more'n jest a little nutty; yer fuktup in de haid. All yer cats's
> sufferin' because they're yer cats. Yer an animal abuser, JD. Maybe
> somebody investigating yer hoarding behavior'll notice the way you've
> got one of 'em lashed up and send you to jail.
>
> You'll like jail. No bullies there.
>
> LNC
>
> ---
> http://www.avg.com

reilloc
May 14th 17, 04:13 AM
On 5/13/2017 8:05 PM, John Doe wrote:
> This is my original post...
>
> My best method so far for coping... Make a small closed belt
> perhaps 4 inches in diameter. Very easy to do with
> belt/strapping material and hot melt glue. It must be just
> the right size. You slip it over their head and pull one of
> their legs, paw first, through it. If the size is just right,
> they can walk and use the litter box, but they are somewhat
> disabled which discourages them from picking on your other
> cats. That should be introduced gradually to avoid any muscle
> strains. But it is a viable workaround because you can easily
> dawn and doff it (put it on and take it off) using two hands.
> It stays on. No apparent risk of hanging. In my opinion, if
> you must cope with a bully cat, it helps a lot. Could not be
> easier to use. Especially good for when you are gone.
>
> To any normal person, that should look like an excellent
> solution to a horrible problem. It is. Of course not all
> people rescue cats, some buy cats from pet stores and might
> not consider the possibility of having to cope with serious
> behavioral problems. And when they do, they end up dumping
> them on the street and people like me end up taking care of
> them.
>
> Maybe this troll is envious/jealous of my cat's Skyway. Or
> maybe it is addicted to opioids. Or maybe the old man's
> Depends is leaking...

Rescue? Yer the Jeffrey Dahmer of cat rescuing, saving them from a
lonely life on the street so you can bind them with leather and hobble
them until they submit. What next? Your calico casserole recipes?

Of course, I love it that you repeated your original, airheaded post
that included the memorable line, "...easily *dawn* and doff it." Is
that like Dawn Diego or Dawn King?

Now, get back to yer feline torture chamber and wait for that knock on
the door.

LNC

---
http://www.avg.com

John Doe[_2_]
May 14th 17, 05:29 AM
Needs to get off of the corncob...

--
reilloc <reilloc gmail.com> wrote:

> From: reilloc <reilloc gmail.com>
> Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav,free.spam
> Subject: Re: Beware of bully cats
> Date: Sat, 13 May 2017 22:13:52 -0500
>
> On 5/13/2017 8:05 PM, John Doe wrote:
>> This is my original post...
>>
>> My best method so far for coping... Make a small closed belt
>> perhaps 4 inches in diameter. Very easy to do with
>> belt/strapping material and hot melt glue. It must be just
>> the right size. You slip it over their head and pull one of
>> their legs, paw first, through it. If the size is just right,
>> they can walk and use the litter box, but they are somewhat
>> disabled which discourages them from picking on your other
>> cats. That should be introduced gradually to avoid any muscle
>> strains. But it is a viable workaround because you can easily
>> dawn and doff it (put it on and take it off) using two hands.
>> It stays on. No apparent risk of hanging. In my opinion, if
>> you must cope with a bully cat, it helps a lot. Could not be
>> easier to use. Especially good for when you are gone.
>>
>> To any normal person, that should look like an excellent
>> solution to a horrible problem. It is. Of course not all
>> people rescue cats, some buy cats from pet stores and might
>> not consider the possibility of having to cope with serious
>> behavioral problems. And when they do, they end up dumping
>> them on the street and people like me end up taking care of
>> them.
>>
>> Maybe this troll is envious/jealous of my cat's Skyway. Or
>> maybe it is addicted to opioids. Or maybe the old man's
>> Depends is leaking...
>>

> Rescue? Yer the Jeffrey Dahmer of cat rescuing, saving them from a
> lonely life on the street so you can bind them with leather and hobble
> them until they submit. What next? Your calico casserole recipes?
>
> Of course, I love it that you repeated your original, airheaded post
> that included the memorable line, "...easily *dawn* and doff it." Is
> that like Dawn Diego or Dawn King?
>
> Now, get back to yer feline torture chamber and wait for that knock on
> the door.
>
> LNC
>
> ---
> http://www.avg.com

Rutan
June 5th 17, 03:26 PM
I defintely would never use this (https://www.grosseteste.com/bathmate-x40-review-results) to a cat.

John Doe[_2_]
June 5th 17, 07:23 PM
The replies remind me of the cannibal left's view on open
borders and welcoming arms to all comers, no matter how badly
they want to hurt us.

Using a cuff appears to be an excellent real-world solution
to a very difficult real-world problem. Perhaps the poster
has never needed to deal with a bully cat. If the thing can
be placed in a home with no other cats, that would be better,
but that is not the situation here.

So easy to act holier-than-thou on the Internet...

--
Rutan <Rutan.137b51d8 catbanter.com> wrote:

> From: Rutan <Rutan.137b51d8 catbanter.com>
> Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
> Subject: Re: Beware of bully cats
> Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2017 15:26:10 +0100
>

> I defintely would never do this to a cat.
>

> --
> Rutan

reilloc
June 6th 17, 04:53 AM
On 6/5/2017 1:23 PM, John Doe wrote:
> The replies remind me of the cannibal left's view on open
> borders and welcoming arms to all comers, no matter how badly
> they want to hurt us.
>
> Using a cuff appears to be an excellent real-world solution
> to a very difficult real-world problem. Perhaps the poster
> has never needed to deal with a bully cat. If the thing can
> be placed in a home with no other cats, that would be better,
> but that is not the situation here.
>
> So easy to act holier-than-thou on the Internet...

What? You, again, with your brilliant insight into feline personality
and your master plan to physically abuse them into conformity? If the
thing can be rescued from your torture chamber and placed anywhere else,
that would be better.

You're a sick man, an animal abuser and painfully stupid.

LNC

John Doe[_2_]
June 6th 17, 05:47 AM
My method of coping is humane as possible. That helps make it
a great method. It restricts the bully cats movement only
enough so that it stops terrorizing my other cats. Physical
restraints are used all over in the real world to cope with
behavioral problems. When necessary, using such against a cat
is not abuse, it is constructive.

The opposition reminds me of the cannibal left's denial of
terrorism. A safe bet is that both reply authors are cannibal
leftists.

My best method so far for coping with a bully cat... Make a
small closed belt perhaps 4 inches in diameter. Very easy to
do with belt/strapping material and hot melt glue. It must be
just the right size. You slip it over their head and pull one
of their legs, paw first, through it. If the size is just
right, they can walk and use the litter box, but they are
somewhat disabled which discourages them from picking on your
other cats. That should be introduced gradually to avoid any
muscle strains. But it is a viable workaround because you can
easily dawn and doff it (put it on and take it off) using two
hands. It stays on. No apparent risk of hanging. In my
opinion, if you must cope with a bully cat, it helps a lot.
Could not be easier to use. Especially good for when you are
gone.

Anyone who has lots of experience managing cats knows better
than to think you can verbally stop a cat from doing anything
it wants to do. In the case of a bully cat like mine,
uncorrected, it makes the lives of my other cats living hell.

There are two common charades on the Internet. Being a tough
guy and being holier-than-thou. This troll plays out both...

--
reilloc <reilloc gmail.com> wrote:

> From: reilloc <reilloc gmail.com>
> Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav,free.spam
> Subject: Re: Beware of bully cats
> Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2017 22:53:15 -0500
>
> On 6/5/2017 1:23 PM, John Doe wrote:
>> The replies remind me of the cannibal left's view on open
>> borders and welcoming arms to all comers, no matter how badly
>> they want to hurt us.
>>
>> Using a cuff appears to be an excellent real-world solution
>> to a very difficult real-world problem. Perhaps the poster
>> has never needed to deal with a bully cat. If the thing can
>> be placed in a home with no other cats, that would be better,
>> but that is not the situation here.
>>
>> So easy to act holier-than-thou on the Internet...
>>

> What? You, again, with your brilliant insight into feline personality
> and your master plan to physically abuse them into conformity? If the
> thing can be rescued from your torture chamber and placed anywhere else,
> that would be better.
>
> You're a sick man, an animal abuser and painfully stupid.
>
> LNC

June 27th 17, 05:47 PM
On Sunday, May 7, 2017 at 1:20:28 AM UTC-4, John Doe wrote:
> They can destroy your other cats' lives.
>
> My best method so far for coping... Make a small closed belt
> perhaps 4 inches in diameter. Very easy to do with
> belt/strapping material and hot melt glue. It must be just
> the right size. You slip it over their head and pull one of
> their legs, paw first, through it. If the size is just right,
> they can walk and use the litter box, but they are somewhat
> disabled which discourages them from picking on your other
> cats. That should be introduced gradually to avoid any muscle
> strains. But it is a viable workaround because you can easily
> dawn and doff it (put it on and take it off) using two hands.
> It stays on. No apparent risk of hanging. In my opinion, if
> you must cope with a bully cat, it helps a lot. Could not be
> easier to use. Especially good for when you are gone.

Now, think this through: The cat is, essentially, on three legs. Nor can it jump reasonably. Nor can they avoid problems, threats or other dangers reasonably. Your dwelling must not contain stairs, or had better not contain stairs. That is problem A.

Now, we can agree that you have a 'bully' cat. Where we disagree is whether keeping it in the 'general population' is more desirable than separation and gentling over time. If your dwelling is so small as to prevent reasonable separation of problem cats, then you have too many cats. And even if noble motives are the cause of such crowding, you are past the point where 'doing good' outweighs the obvious 'bad'. That is problem B.

Cats may be incredibly flexible and have a lot of cartilage where we have hard bones - but that is not to suggest that a sudden exertion due to panic or some other cause is out of the question. And should such an event take place "while you are gone", anything up to dislocation could occur. That is problem C.

There are others - but they are less blatant.

Now, as the "Cannibal Left" was mentioned, the rest is fair game:

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H.L. Mencken

“Republicans approve of the American farmer, but they are willing to help him go broke. They stand four-square for the American home--but not for housing. They are strong for labor--but they are stronger for restricting labor's rights. They favor minimum wage--the smaller the minimum wage the better. They endorse educational opportunity for all--but they won't spend money for teachers or for schools. They think modern medical care and hospitals are fine--for people who can afford them. They consider electrical power a great blessing--but only when the private power companies get their rake-off. They think American standard of living is a fine thing--so long as it doesn't spread to all the people. And they admire of Government of the United States so much that they would like to buy it.”

Harry Truman

October 22nd 17, 08:05 PM
On Tue, 27 Jun 2017 09:47:56 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

>On Sunday, May 7, 2017 at 1:20:28 AM UTC-4, John Doe wrote:
>> They can destroy your other cats' lives.
>>
>> My best method so far for coping... Make a small closed belt
>> perhaps 4 inches in diameter. Very easy to do with
>> belt/strapping material and hot melt glue. It must be just
>> the right size. You slip it over their head and pull one of
>> their legs, paw first, through it. If the size is just right,
>> they can walk and use the litter box, but they are somewhat
>> disabled which discourages them from picking on your other
>> cats. That should be introduced gradually to avoid any muscle
>> strains. But it is a viable workaround because you can easily
>> dawn and doff it (put it on and take it off) using two hands.
>> It stays on. No apparent risk of hanging. In my opinion, if
>> you must cope with a bully cat, it helps a lot. Could not be
>> easier to use. Especially good for when you are gone.

I just found this newsgroup,. Much of this post is simply wrong.

>Now, think this through: The cat is, essentially, on three legs. Nor can it jump reasonably. Nor can they avoid problems, threats or other dangers reasonably. Your dwelling must not contain stairs, or had better not contain stairs. That is problem A.

I had a cat who lost a rear leg to cancer. Post amputation, it could
run, jump, speed up stairs. Thier mobility is impaired far less than
believed. And this was a 16 year old who made it to 20.

>Now, we can agree that you have a 'bully' cat. Where we disagree is whether keeping it in the 'general population' is more desirable than separation and gentling over time. If your dwelling is so small as to prevent reasonable separation of problem cats, then you have too many cats. And even if noble motives are the cause of such crowding, you are past the point where 'doing good' outweighs the obvious 'bad'. That is problem B.

And with too many cats what do you do? If it's a bully it's not going
to get a home, just dead.

>Cats may be incredibly flexible and have a lot of cartilage where we have hard bones - but that is not to suggest that a sudden exertion due to panic or some other cause is out of the question. And should such an event take place "while you are gone", anything up to dislocation could occur. That is problem C.

Just wrong again. They can do most anything most other cats can do.
And what kind of "event" did you have in mind?

>There are others - but they are less blatant.
>
>Now, as the "Cannibal Left" was mentioned, the rest is fair game:
>
>On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
>
>H.L. Mencken
>
>Republicans approve of the American farmer, but they are willing to help him go broke. They stand four-square for the American home--but not for housing. They are strong for labor--but they are stronger for restricting labor's rights. They favor minimum wage--the smaller the minimum wage the better. They endorse educational opportunity for all--but they won't spend money for teachers or for schools. They think modern medical care and hospitals are fine--for people who can afford them. They consider electrical power a great blessing--but only when the private power companies get their rake-off. They think American standard of living is a fine thing--so long as it doesn't spread to all the people. And they admire of Government of the United States so much that they would like to buy it.
>
>Harry Truman

Peter W.
October 23rd 17, 02:34 PM
There is a difference between a cat that is adapting to a permanent injury, and a cat that has been deliberately hobbled. That a cat may look entirely recovered after a number of months or years does not equate to a hobbled cat in a panic situation.

Our big Maine Coon (21 pounds) likes to walk up (and down) the stairway handrails (center-hall colonial). And he will jump onto the level section or the newel posts at any point. Imagine him trying that, hobbled.

I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat.

Will Rogers

October 24th 17, 12:51 AM
On Mon, 23 Oct 2017 06:34:15 -0700 (PDT), "Peter W." >
wrote:

>There is a difference between a cat that is adapting to a permanent injury, and a cat that has been deliberately hobbled. That a cat may look entirely recovered after a number of months or years does not equate to a hobbled cat in a panic situation.
>
>Our big Maine Coon (21 pounds) likes to walk up (and down) the stairway handrails (center-hall colonial). And he will jump onto the level section or the newel posts at any point. Imagine him trying that, hobbled.
>
>I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat.
>
>Will Rogers

What adapting? The cat came home 2 days after amputating a rear leg
and it's first act was to jump on the bed. Next he walked on the
window sill. Except for walking funny there was no difference in the
cat's behavior. And this was at 16 years old.

Cats don't feel sorry for themselves which seems a large part of
recovery for humans. They just do with what they have.

John Doe[_2_]
October 25th 17, 01:43 AM
The Calico and Toobig just had a long playing session. It was
productive with awkward back and forth give and take. Toobig
has adapted well over the years but still requires
supervision. I have to break it off when the Calico tires,
otherwise Toobig switches into robotic domination mode.
Seeing Toobig restrain itself during play is amusing.

cshenk
October 26th 17, 12:13 AM
wrote in rec.pets.cats.health+behav:

> On Tue, 27 Jun 2017 09:47:56 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
>
> > On Sunday, May 7, 2017 at 1:20:28 AM UTC-4, John Doe wrote:
> >> They can destroy your other cats' lives.
> >>
> >> My best method so far for coping... Make a small closed belt
> >> perhaps 4 inches in diameter. Very easy to do with
> >> belt/strapping material and hot melt glue. It must be just
> >> the right size. You slip it over their head and pull one of
> >> their legs, paw first, through it. If the size is just right,
> >> they can walk and use the litter box, but they are somewhat
> >> disabled which discourages them from picking on your other
> >> cats. That should be introduced gradually to avoid any muscle
> >> strains. But it is a viable workaround because you can easily
> >> dawn and doff it (put it on and take it off) using two hands.
> >> It stays on. No apparent risk of hanging. In my opinion, if
> >> you must cope with a bully cat, it helps a lot. Could not be
> >> easier to use. Especially good for when you are gone.
>
> I just found this newsgroup,. Much of this post is simply wrong.
> >
> > Now, think this through: The cat is, essentially, on three legs.
> > Nor can it jump reasonably. Nor can they avoid problems, threats or
> > other dangers reasonably. Your dwelling must not contain stairs, or
> > had better not contain stairs. That is problem A.
>
> I had a cat who lost a rear leg to cancer. Post amputation, it could
> run, jump, speed up stairs. Thier mobility is impaired far less than
> believed. And this was a 16 year old who made it to 20.
> >
> > Now, we can agree that you have a 'bully' cat. Where we disagree is
> > whether keeping it in the 'general population' is more desirable
> > than separation and gentling over time. If your dwelling is so
> > small as to prevent reasonable separation of problem cats, then you
> > have too many cats. And even if noble motives are the cause of such
> > crowding, you are past the point where 'doing good' outweighs the
> > obvious 'bad'. That is problem B.
>
> And with too many cats what do you do? If it's a bully it's not going
> to get a home, just dead.
> >
> > Cats may be incredibly flexible and have a lot of cartilage where
> > we have hard bones - but that is not to suggest that a sudden
> > exertion due to panic or some other cause is out of the question.
> > And should such an event take place "while you are gone", anything
> > up to dislocation could occur. That is problem C.
>
> Just wrong again. They can do most anything most other cats can do.
> And what kind of "event" did you have in mind?
> >
> > There are others - but they are less blatant.

Hi, we are hoping to regrow this group but we have some very strange
folks.

--

Peter W.
October 26th 17, 02:09 PM
On Wednesday, October 25, 2017 at 7:13:37 PM UTC-4, cshenk wrote:

> Hi, we are hoping to regrow this group but we have some very strange
> folks.

Cats... kinda-sorta goes with the territory.

John Doe[_2_]
October 26th 17, 08:51 PM
This troll is "hoping to regrow this group" by...
1. Never making an original post.
2. Posting an entirely off-topic disjointed reply.
3. Bashing posters for actively participating in this group.

--
"cshenk" <cshenk1 cox.net> wrote:

> From: "cshenk" <cshenk1 cox.net>
> Subject: Re: Beware of bully cats
> Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
> Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2017 18:13:30 -0500
>
> nobody nada.com wrote in rec.pets.cats.health+behav:

>> I just found this newsgroup,. Much of this post is simply wrong.
>> >
>> > Now, think this through: The cat is, essentially, on three legs.
>> > Nor can it jump reasonably. Nor can they avoid problems, threats or
>> > other dangers reasonably. Your dwelling must not contain stairs, or
>> > had better not contain stairs. That is problem A.
>>
>> I had a cat who lost a rear leg to cancer. Post amputation, it could
>> run, jump, speed up stairs. Thier mobility is impaired far less than
>> believed. And this was a 16 year old who made it to 20.
>> >
>> > Now, we can agree that you have a 'bully' cat. Where we disagree is
>> > whether keeping it in the 'general population' is more desirable
>> > than separation and gentling over time. If your dwelling is so
>> > small as to prevent reasonable separation of problem cats, then you
>> > have too many cats. And even if noble motives are the cause of such
>> > crowding, you are past the point where 'doing good' outweighs the
>> > obvious 'bad'. That is problem B.
>>
>> And with too many cats what do you do? If it's a bully it's not going
>> to get a home, just dead.
>> >
>> > Cats may be incredibly flexible and have a lot of cartilage where
>> > we have hard bones - but that is not to suggest that a sudden
>> > exertion due to panic or some other cause is out of the question.
>> > And should such an event take place "while you are gone", anything
>> > up to dislocation could occur. That is problem C.
>>
>> Just wrong again. They can do most anything most other cats can do.
>> And what kind of "event" did you have in mind?
>> >
>> > There are others - but they are less blatant.
>> >

> Hi, we are hoping to regrow this group but we have some very strange
> folks.
>
> --

cshenk
October 26th 17, 10:23 PM
Peter W. wrote in rec.pets.cats.health+behav:

> On Wednesday, October 25, 2017 at 7:13:37 PM UTC-4, cshenk wrote:
>
> > Hi, we are hoping to regrow this group but we have some very strange
> > folks.
> >

> Cats... kinda-sorta goes with the territory.

LOL, true!

Meantime, in in another group, we just finished up the annual Jellicle
Ball. It's a simple fun little story board type thing (we play our own
pets parts) and it's also a healing memorial of all the pets that have
passed over the bridge. It was a very large list this time as a cat
colony got hit by something bad and they lost a lot of them.

--

Monzamurcatto
November 26th 17, 09:48 AM
cshenk > wrote:
> wrote in rec.pets.cats.health+behav:

>> I just found this newsgroup,. Much of this post is simply wrong.
>>>
>>> Now, think this through: The cat is, essentially, on three legs.
>>> Nor can it jump reasonably. Nor can they avoid problems, threats or
>>> other dangers reasonably. Your dwelling must not contain stairs, or
>>> had better not contain stairs. That is problem A.
>>
>> I had a cat who lost a rear leg to cancer. Post amputation, it could
>> run, jump, speed up stairs. Thier mobility is impaired far less than
>> believed. And this was a 16 year old who made it to 20.
>>>
>>> Now, we can agree that you have a 'bully' cat. Where we disagree is
>>> whether keeping it in the 'general population' is more desirable
>>> than separation and gentling over time. If your dwelling is so
>>> small as to prevent reasonable separation of problem cats, then you
>>> have too many cats. And even if noble motives are the cause of such
>>> crowding, you are past the point where 'doing good' outweighs the
>>> obvious 'bad'. That is problem B.
>>
>> And with too many cats what do you do? If it's a bully it's not going
>> to get a home, just dead.
>>>
>>> Cats may be incredibly flexible and have a lot of cartilage where
>>> we have hard bones - but that is not to suggest that a sudden
>>> exertion due to panic or some other cause is out of the question.
>>> And should such an event take place "while you are gone", anything
>>> up to dislocation could occur. That is problem C.
>>
>> Just wrong again. They can do most anything most other cats can do.
>> And what kind of "event" did you have in mind?
>>>
>>> There are others - but they are less blatant.
>>>

> Hi, we are hoping to regrow this group but we have some very strange
> folks.

Totally new here.. but I think both sides haves points.

Hampering a bully isn’t that bad an idea. Just separating and “gentling”
sounds very vague- is that castrating or trying to tame by hand feeding or
something.

A cat that bullies other cats won’t behave better with other cats by human
taming. It’s a cat/cat thing not a human/cat thing.

If the belt works and doesn’t hurt the cat, sounds like it’s worth a go.

John Doe[_2_]
November 27th 17, 09:23 AM
Still using it. Takes a little effort, but it works great.

I step outside for a minute, hear my Calico start growling from
being chased by Toobig... So I step back in, apply the collar,
and step back outside :)