PDA

View Full Version : Marlo getting to be normal

dgk
June 7th 17, 07:08 PM
For a cat anyway. We took her to the vet to check on her hyperthyroid
condition and she's in the normal range so the dosage she's getting
must be about right. She's even gained af few ounces (that;s probably
a few pebbles in British weights) and is about 7.5 lbs.

Mom is a bit worried about her, mostly because she thought Marlo was
maybe 8 or 9 and she's actually 13. Instead of a playful kitten, she
has a less playfull senior.

Marlo's still eating pretty much non-stop, her regular 2 meals a day
(with compounded medication), plus 2nd breakfast, pre-lunch,
pre-dinner, and post-dinner. Basically, she eats her own meals as well
as whatever we're having.

We're allowed to keep feeding her well until she gains a bit more
weight but then we have to cut back. That mgiht not be too hard if she
becomes less ravenous, but there's been no sign of that happening.

jmcquown[_2_]
June 8th 17, 01:34 PM
On 6/7/2017 2:08 PM, dgk wrote:
> For a cat anyway. We took her to the vet to check on her hyperthyroid
> condition and she's in the normal range so the dosage she's getting
> must be about right. She's even gained af few ounces (that;s probably
> a few pebbles in British weights) and is about 7.5 lbs.
>
> Mom is a bit worried about her, mostly because she thought Marlo was
> maybe 8 or 9 and she's actually 13. Instead of a playful kitten, she
> has a less playfull senior.
>
> Marlo's still eating pretty much non-stop, her regular 2 meals a day
> (with compounded medication), plus 2nd breakfast, pre-lunch,
> pre-dinner, and post-dinner. Basically, she eats her own meals as well
> as whatever we're having.
>
> We're allowed to keep feeding her well until she gains a bit more
> weight but then we have to cut back. That mgiht not be too hard if she
> becomes less ravenous, but there's been no sign of that happening.

I'm glad the medication seems to be working. :)

Jill