PDA

View Full Version : Wilbur

Christina Websell
June 25th 17, 03:59 AM
I didn't want a new cat after Boyfriend, but I got one. He's an exoric
Persian.

Joy[_3_]
June 25th 17, 06:56 AM
> I didn't want a new cat after Boyfriend, but I got one. He's an exoric
> Persian.

Often we aren't the ones who get to choose.

Cheryl[_5_]
June 25th 17, 01:04 PM
On 2017-06-25 12:29 AM, Christina Websell wrote:
> I didn't want a new cat after Boyfriend, but I got one. He's an exoric
> Persian.

What's his name?

After poor Sam died so young, I thought I'd get another cat of course,
but not yet. Maybe after a year or even longer. Only a few months later
I decided to visit a shelter, and found a new cat to bring home. It's
not always easy to predict when or if you'll be ready for a new cat.

--
Cheryl

MaryL
June 26th 17, 01:37 AM
> I didn't want a new cat after Boyfriend, but I got one. He's an exoric
> Persian.

That's wonderful! Concatulations to you and Wilbur. How old do you
think he is?

MaryL

Chris H[_3_]
June 26th 17, 02:47 PM
> I didn't want a new cat after Boyfriend, but I got one. He's an exoric
> Persian.

Awww... Concatulations! How old is he? What color?

Purrs-

Chris and Oreo

Christina Websell
June 26th 17, 11:54 PM
"Cheryl" > wrote in message
> On 2017-06-25 12:29 AM, Christina Websell wrote:
>> I didn't want a new cat after Boyfriend, but I got one. He's an exoric
>> Persian.
>>

> What's his name?

Wilbur

Christina Websell
June 27th 17, 12:03 AM
> On 6/24/2017 9:59 PM, Christina Websell wrote:
>> I didn't want a new cat after Boyfriend, but I got one. He's an exoric
>> Persian.
>>

> That's wonderful! Concatulations to you and Wilbur. How old do you think
> he is?

I know how old he is, he'lll be 7 in September. I don't want a kitten. I
might not be alive in 20 years. He's proving to be quite difficult. I
haven't had a full nights sleep since i got him.

> MaryL

MaryL
June 27th 17, 12:32 AM
> "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER> wrote in message
>> On 6/24/2017 9:59 PM, Christina Websell wrote:
>>> I didn't want a new cat after Boyfriend, but I got one. He's an exoric
>>> Persian.
>>>

>> That's wonderful! Concatulations to you and Wilbur. How old do you think
>> he is?
>>
> I know how old he is, he'lll be 7 in September. I don't want a kitten. I
> might not be alive in 20 years. He's proving to be quite difficult. I
> haven't had a full nights sleep since i got him.
>

>> MaryL

In what way is he difficult, and why can't you sleep? Does he make a
lot of noise at night or run around your bedroom? Part of it may be
just a matter of each of your getting used to the other. I remember
that Boyfriend would not use a litter box indoors. Have you tried that
with Wilbur?

MaryL

Christina Websell
June 27th 17, 12:32 AM
"Chris H" > wrote in message
> On 06/24/2017 10:59 PM, Christina Websell wrote:
>> I didn't want a new cat after Boyfriend, but I got one. He's an exoric
>> Persian.
>>

> Awww... Concatulations! How old is he? What color?
>
> Purrs-
>
> Chris and Oreo

He's 6 nearly 7 and he's black and white.

Cheryl[_6_]
June 27th 17, 11:55 AM
On 2017-06-26 8:33 PM, Christina Websell wrote:
> "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER> wrote in message
>> On 6/24/2017 9:59 PM, Christina Websell wrote:
>>> I didn't want a new cat after Boyfriend, but I got one. He's an exoric
>>> Persian.
>>>

>> That's wonderful! Concatulations to you and Wilbur. How old do you think
>> he is?
>>
> I know how old he is, he'lll be 7 in September. I don't want a kitten. I
> might not be alive in 20 years. He's proving to be quite difficult. I
> haven't had a full nights sleep since i got him.

It took months for Kerry and Cinnamon to settle down, and even now it's
more a case of each having their own zone than sweet affection between
adopted sisters. Cinnamon's zone is the bedroom, and she always wants
lots of petting when I go to bed, often arriving for her petting by
walking up the length of my body, putting paws in sensitive places.
Once, when I forgot to ensure Kerry was out of the bedroom before I
settled down for the night, I was woken up by Kerry bouncing off my
head. I think she was going for a kind of three-point jump - bedside
table 1, me, bedside table 2. There's reasons she's shut out of the room
at night, and it's not only because she pesters poor Cinnamon!

Kerry was probably a year old when I got her almost exactly a year ago
now. I chose an adult cat too. Cinnamon is probably about 11 or 12; and
was about 4 when she moved in.

--
Cheryl

jmcquown[_2_]
June 28th 17, 12:17 PM
> I didn't want a new cat after Boyfriend, but I got one. He's an exoric
> Persian.

Welcome Wilbur!

Jill

dgk
July 2nd 17, 02:49 PM
On Sun, 25 Jun 2017 03:59:59 +0100, "Christina Websell"
> wrote:

>I didn't want a new cat after Boyfriend, but I got one. He's an exoric
>Persian.

I just got back from the cruise and read about Wilbur. So, how did you
end up with him? What's his story - was a housecat who lost his home?
That's always so sad.

Christina Websell
July 30th 17, 10:39 PM
"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 6/24/2017 10:59 PM, Christina Websell wrote:
>> I didn't want a new cat after Boyfriend, but I got one. He's an exoric
>> Persian.
>>

> Welcome Wilbur!
>
> Jill

Unfortunately his mum decided she wanted to keep him after all and took
him back after I'd had him for a month. so I just got to do respite for a
dificult cat, paid for his food, litter, bought him toys etc and got him
taken away.
Angry? Yes.

Christina Websell
July 30th 17, 10:49 PM
"dgk" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 25 Jun 2017 03:59:59 +0100, "Christina Websell"
> > wrote:
>
>>I didn't want a new cat after Boyfriend, but I got one. He's an exoric
>>Persian.
>>

> I just got back from the cruise and read about Wilbur. So, how did you
> end up with him? What's his story - was a housecat who lost his home?
> That's always so sad.

His mum took him back :-( However I now have two new girlies. litter
sisters aged just 6. Same as wilbur, exotic persians. I've only had them a
week, they are just settling in. A young child developed an allergy to
them. Can't take them back, I've bought them.

MaryL
July 31st 17, 12:24 AM
> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>> On 6/24/2017 10:59 PM, Christina Websell wrote:
>>> I didn't want a new cat after Boyfriend, but I got one. He's an exoric
>>> Persian.
>>>

>> Welcome Wilbur!
>>
>> Jill
>
> Unfortunately his mum decided she wanted to keep him after all and took
> him back after I'd had him for a month. so I just got to do respite for a
> dificult cat, paid for his food, litter, bought him toys etc and got him
> taken away.
> Angry? Yes.

Personally, I don't think she had any right to take him back. Once she
gave him to you and turned his care over to you, I would consider Wilbur
to be yours and not hers. What a rotten thing for her to do!

MaryL

MaryL
July 31st 17, 12:31 AM
> "dgk" > wrote in message
>> On Sun, 25 Jun 2017 03:59:59 +0100, "Christina Websell"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> I didn't want a new cat after Boyfriend, but I got one. He's an exoric
>>> Persian.
>>>

>> I just got back from the cruise and read about Wilbur. So, how did you
>> end up with him? What's his story - was a housecat who lost his home?
>> That's always so sad.
>>

> His mum took him back :-( However I now have two new girlies. litter
> sisters aged just 6. Same as wilbur, exotic persians. I've only had them a
> week, they are just settling in. A young child developed an allergy to
> them. Can't take them back, I've bought them.

I just wrote a message about Wilbur, but I'm very glad to hear that now
you have two girls (and they belong to you permanently).

MaryL

Chris H[_3_]
August 1st 17, 02:16 PM
> "dgk" > wrote in message
>> On Sun, 25 Jun 2017 03:59:59 +0100, "Christina Websell"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> I didn't want a new cat after Boyfriend, but I got one. He's an exoric
>>> Persian.
>>>

>> I just got back from the cruise and read about Wilbur. So, how did you
>> end up with him? What's his story - was a housecat who lost his home?
>> That's always so sad.
>>

> His mum took him back :-( However I now have two new girlies. litter
> sisters aged just 6. Same as wilbur, exotic persians. I've only had them a
> week, they are just settling in. A young child developed an allergy to
> them. Can't take them back, I've bought them.

Aww...sorry you lost Wilbur, but concatulations on the new girls! What
color are they? Hope they settle in well!

Purrs-

Chris and Oreo

jmcquown[_2_]
August 1st 17, 05:54 PM
> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>> On 6/24/2017 10:59 PM, Christina Websell wrote:
>>> I didn't want a new cat after Boyfriend, but I got one. He's an exoric
>>> Persian.
>>>

>> Welcome Wilbur!
>>
>> Jill
>
> Unfortunately his mum decided she wanted to keep him after all and took
> him back after I'd had him for a month. so I just got to do respite for a
> dificult cat, paid for his food, litter, bought him toys etc and got him
> taken away.
> Angry? Yes.

Oh boy... I'd be angry, too!

Jill

jmcquown[_2_]
August 1st 17, 05:56 PM
> "dgk" > wrote in message
>> On Sun, 25 Jun 2017 03:59:59 +0100, "Christina Websell"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> I didn't want a new cat after Boyfriend, but I got one. He's an exoric
>>> Persian.
>>>

>> I just got back from the cruise and read about Wilbur. So, how did you
>> end up with him? What's his story - was a housecat who lost his home?
>> That's always so sad.
>>

> His mum took him back :-( However I now have two new girlies. litter
> sisters aged just 6. Same as wilbur, exotic persians. I've only had them a
> week, they are just settling in. A young child developed an allergy to
> them. Can't take them back, I've bought them.

That's better! What are their names? Any chance of photos?

Jill