PDA

View Full Version : Naturally

Joy[_3_]
July 12th 17, 07:18 PM
I have a three-bedroom, two bath house. I have carpet in the living
room and hallway. All the other floors have easy-to-clean vinyl
flooring. Naturally, whenever there's a hairball, it's on the carpet.
I found one in the hallway when I got up this morning.

jmcquown[_2_]
July 13th 17, 12:40 AM
On 7/12/2017 2:18 PM, Joy wrote:
> I have a three-bedroom, two bath house. I have carpet in the living
> room and hallway. All the other floors have easy-to-clean vinyl
> flooring. Naturally, whenever there's a hairball, it's on the carpet. I
> found one in the hallway when I got up this morning.

Naturally!

Here's an oddity. Buffy has much thicker fur than Persia did. Buffy
has a very thick undercoat.

Persia was always horking up hairballs. On the (used to be) white
carpet in the living room. In the two years Buffy has lived here she
has never coughed up a hairball. We all recognize that distinctive sound...

I brushed Persia all the time; she loved it. I used the Furminator
deshedding tool, she loved that too. I do the same with Buffy. But
Persia still had hairball issues. Buffy simply doesn't. Go figure.

Jill

dgk
July 13th 17, 03:20 AM
On Wed, 12 Jul 2017 11:18:53 -0700, Joy >
wrote:

>I have a three-bedroom, two bath house. I have carpet in the living
>room and hallway. All the other floors have easy-to-clean vinyl
>flooring. Naturally, whenever there's a hairball, it's on the carpet.
>I found one in the hallway when I got up this morning.

I generally find them in the dark, in bare feet.

jmcquown[_2_]
July 13th 17, 03:47 AM
On 7/12/2017 10:20 PM, dgk wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Jul 2017 11:18:53 -0700, Joy >
> wrote:
>
>> I have a three-bedroom, two bath house. I have carpet in the living
>> room and hallway. All the other floors have easy-to-clean vinyl
>> flooring. Naturally, whenever there's a hairball, it's on the carpet.
>> I found one in the hallway when I got up this morning.
>
> I generally find them in the dark, in bare feet.

Oookie! I always have a pair of slippers next to my bed. I put them on
before I walk around. Persia (RB 2014) used to have hairball issues.
Thankfully, Buffy never does.

Jill

Tigger[_2_]
July 13th 17, 03:49 AM
Joy wrote:
> I have a three-bedroom, two bath house. I have carpet in the living room
> and hallway. All the other floors have easy-to-clean vinyl flooring.
> Naturally, whenever there's a hairball, it's on the carpet. I found one in
> the hallway when I got up this morning.

Be thankful it's not on the bedspread...

Joy[_3_]
July 13th 17, 06:06 AM
On 7/12/2017 7:20 PM, dgk wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Jul 2017 11:18:53 -0700, Joy >
> wrote:
>
>> I have a three-bedroom, two bath house. I have carpet in the living
>> room and hallway. All the other floors have easy-to-clean vinyl
>> flooring. Naturally, whenever there's a hairball, it's on the carpet.
>> I found one in the hallway when I got up this morning.
>
> I generally find them in the dark, in bare feet.

I got lucky there.

Joy[_3_]
July 13th 17, 06:07 AM
On 7/12/2017 7:49 PM, Tigger wrote:
> Joy wrote:
>> I have a three-bedroom, two bath house. I have carpet in the living room
>> and hallway. All the other floors have easy-to-clean vinyl flooring.
>> Naturally, whenever there's a hairball, it's on the carpet. I found
>> one in
>> the hallway when I got up this morning.
>
> Be thankful it's not on the bedspread...

Not this time, anyway. I have found them there a couple of times.
Luckily my bedspread is washable.

dgk
July 18th 17, 06:48 PM
On Wed, 12 Jul 2017 20:49:50 -0600, Tigger >
wrote:

>Joy wrote:
>> I have a three-bedroom, two bath house. I have carpet in the living room
>> and hallway. All the other floors have easy-to-clean vinyl flooring.
>> Naturally, whenever there's a hairball, it's on the carpet. I found one in
>> the hallway when I got up this morning.
>
>Be thankful it's not on the bedspread...

Yes, that's always unfortunate.

Joy[_3_]
July 18th 17, 08:21 PM
On 7/18/2017 10:48 AM, dgk wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Jul 2017 20:49:50 -0600, Tigger >
> wrote:
>
>> Joy wrote:
>>> I have a three-bedroom, two bath house. I have carpet in the living room
>>> and hallway. All the other floors have easy-to-clean vinyl flooring.
>>> Naturally, whenever there's a hairball, it's on the carpet. I found one in
>>> the hallway when I got up this morning.
>>
>> Be thankful it's not on the bedspread...
>
> Yes, that's always unfortunate.

It sure is. It happened this morning.

Tigger[_2_]
July 19th 17, 03:52 AM
Joy wrote:
> On 7/18/2017 10:48 AM, dgk wrote:
>> On Wed, 12 Jul 2017 20:49:50 -0600, Tigger >
>> wrote:

>>> Be thankful it's not on the bedspread...
>>
>> Yes, that's always unfortunate.
>
> It sure is. It happened this morning.

The real annoyance factor reaches maximum when discovering it RIGHT
before turning in...

Joy[_3_]
July 19th 17, 06:11 AM
On 7/18/2017 7:52 PM, Tigger wrote:
> Joy wrote:
>> On 7/18/2017 10:48 AM, dgk wrote:

>>> Yes, that's always unfortunate.
>>
>> It sure is. It happened this morning.
>
> The real annoyance factor reaches maximum when discovering it RIGHT
> before turning in...

Good point.

Tigger[_2_]
July 21st 17, 03:42 AM
Joy wrote:
> On 7/18/2017 7:52 PM, Tigger wrote:
>> Joy wrote:

>>> It sure is. It happened this morning.
>>
>> The real annoyance factor reaches maximum when discovering it RIGHT
>> before turning in...
>
> Good point.

Insert favorite reaction here...

- what the ...

- son of a ...

- damn it...

- oh fer ...

dgk
July 23rd 17, 01:28 AM
On Tue, 18 Jul 2017 20:52:18 -0600, Tigger >
wrote:

>Joy wrote:
>> On 7/18/2017 10:48 AM, dgk wrote:

>>> Yes, that's always unfortunate.
>>
>> It sure is. It happened this morning.
>
>The real annoyance factor reaches maximum when discovering it RIGHT
>before turning in...

Incorrect. The real annoyance factor is sliding into bed and noticing
that something feels wet. Funny, that's twice in one visit to RPCA
that I mentioned finding the bed wet. The other is when a wet cat
climbs into bed.