So how many wants to go along?

Sundance and/or Rebecca
August 1st 17, 05:15 PM
I will go.

Does yurown aircrafz haz da speshul Antartik upgradez? I knowz dat hoomin aircrafz haz trubble flyin to Antartika kuz of awl da kold tempercherz.

Rebecca

Francesca the Fierce
August 1st 17, 07:06 PM
On 2017-08-01 16:15:07 +0000, Sundance and/or Rebecca said:

> I will go.
>
> Does yurown aircrafz haz da speshul Antartik upgradez? I knowz dat
> hoomin aircrafz haz trubble flyin to Antartika kuz of awl da kold
> tempercherz.
>
> Rebecca

Yep. I'z been trhough all of Harri Roadcat's notes, and da bigger
catacopters all is arctic/antarctic equipped. Efurryfing is made from
metal formulated to stand up da cold, and special lubricants fur da
cold, and furry efficient heaters for da cockpit an cabin. An a special
navigation system dat works well even near da Poles.

FtF

Sundance and/or Rebecca
August 2nd 17, 06:14 AM
Fur ennee kitteez innerestid, here iz sum info abowt da broked ice shelf in Antartika: https://sputniknews.com/environment/201708011056055989-nasa-new-images-larsen-c-iceberg/Antartika

Francesca, maybe dat will hewp wif yurown flite plan. Oh, an da artikle sez dat rite now itz dark awl day in Antartika, so I will hab flashlitez an lanternz delibbered to da plane befur we takez off.

Rebecca

Francesca the Fierce
August 2nd 17, 06:34 PM
On 2017-08-02 05:14:35 +0000, Sundance and/or Rebecca said:

> Fur ennee kitteez innerestid, here iz sum info abowt da broked ice
> shelf in Antartika:
> https://sputniknews.com/environment/201708011056055989-nasa-new-images-larsen-c-iceberg/Antartika
>

> Francesca, maybe dat will hewp wif yurown flite plan. Oh, an da artikle
> sez dat rite now itz dark awl day in Antartika, so I will hab
> flashlitez an lanternz delibbered to da plane befur we takez off.
>
> Rebecca

Eggzelent! Fangu.

FtF

Francesca the Fierce
August 4th 17, 01:26 PM
On 2017-08-02 17:34:07 +0000, Francesca the Fierce said:

> On 2017-08-02 05:14:35 +0000, Sundance and/or Rebecca said:
>
>> Fur ennee kitteez innerestid, here iz sum info abowt da broked ice
>> shelf in Antartika:
>> https://sputniknews.com/environment/201708011056055989-nasa-new-images-larsen-c-iceberg/Antartika
>>

>> Francesca, maybe dat will hewp wif yurown flite plan. Oh, an da artikle
>> sez dat rite now itz dark awl day in Antartika, so I will hab
>> flashlitez an lanternz delibbered to da plane befur we takez off.
>>
>> Rebecca
>
> Eggzelent! Fangu.
>
> FtF

[Francesca quietly disappears. Nothing much happens for a while, then a
noise can be heard approaching. A distant humming sound, accompanied by
a soft "thwap, thwap, thwap" noise. Moments later a very large chopper
appears. It find a clear space to land and settles gently to the
ground. As the engine stops and the rotors coast to a stop, the side
doors slide open. Francesca steps out wearing a pilot's helmet,
followed by Ranger. Aed and Morgana approach cautiously.]

Aed: What kind of catacopter is dis? Why is it so big?

Morgana: An what is it used for?

FtF: Dis is a Katkorski KatterHauler. Iz da biggest caticopter dat
Katkorski makes, an dis one has a bunch of special features designed by
da late Harri Roadcat. First, you prolly noticed dat it isn't furry
loud.Da engine and rotors are special designed for quietude. An take a
look inside.

[Francesca leads them inside the craft.]

See deze seats? Dey's specially designed fur kitties. You can sit in it
like a hoomin seat. Or you can press dis button (paw shaped, of course)
and da seat back retracts, leaving you wif a nice comfy kitty basket.
An dis one is made special fur arctic work. When da seat is in basket
position, if it gets really cold in da cabin (like if da catacopter
doors are open), you press dis yellow button on da edge of da seat, and

[Francesa pushes the button. The retracted seat back reappears, rises a
little bit then folds forward, making a roof over the cat basket. Once
the roof is in place, a transparent shield extends from what had been
the top of the seat back and folds down, forming a completely enclosed
kitty space.]

An da seat is temperature controlled. It has a cooler an a heater in
it, to keep da occupant comfy at all times.

Aed: Wow! That is very cool! But with all of these special kitty seats,
running cooling or heating for all of those seats must use an awful lot
of power. If the engine isn't running, how long can the seats continue
to heat or cool?

FtF: Dat's one of da coolest parts! Come back here, to da back of da
cargo area.

[Francesca leads them through the spacious cargo hold, back to a closet
set into a side wall. She pops open a maintenace hatch, revealing a
gleaming silver donut-shaped device with a steel access hatch over the
middle.]

Dis is a special fuel cell designed by Miss Amelia. I dun't know why it
never went into full production - it's furry useful. DIs fuel cell runs
on hairballs, and a single hairball can keep all da seats fully powered
for a week. Give it a dozen hairballs and it could run a small city fur
a munth! Even a hoomin city. Even a city wif goggies.

Sundance and/or Rebecca
August 4th 17, 07:01 PM
[Rebecca has joined the group]

Hihi, Francesca. Aed, Morgana, gud to see yurownselvez agin.

Francesca, dis is amazin! We shud ask da RPCCers to save dereown hareballz to hewp power da caticopter. Maybe we kan gib efurrykittee da 'porter kordinitz to da fyool cell, an dey kan 'port hareballz dere direckly -- after givvin dere hoominz a chance to step on dem, uv korse.

Rebecca

Francesca the Fierce
August 4th 17, 08:11 PM
On 2017-08-04 18:01:22 +0000, Sundance and/or Rebecca said:

> [Rebecca has joined the group]
>
> Hihi, Francesca. Aed, Morgana, gud to see yurownselvez agin.
>
> Francesca, dis is amazin! We shud ask da RPCCers to save dereown
> hareballz to hewp power da caticopter. Maybe we kan gib efurrykittee da
> 'porter kordinitz to da fyool cell, an dey kan 'port hareballz dere
> direckly -- after givvin dere hoominz a chance to step on dem, uv korse.
>
> Rebecca

Eggzelent idea!

FtF

cshenk
August 5th 17, 12:42 AM
Francesca the Fierce wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

> [...]
> seats, running cooling or heating for all of those seats must use an
> awful lot of power. If the engine isn't running, how long can the
> seats continue to heat or cool?
>
> FtF: Dat's one of da coolest parts! Come back here, to da back of da
> cargo area.
>
> [Francesca leads them through the spacious cargo hold, back to a
> closet set into a side wall. She pops open a maintenace hatch,
> revealing a gleaming silver donut-shaped device with a steel access
> hatch over the middle.]
>
> Dis is a special fuel cell designed by Miss Amelia. I dun't know why
> it never went into full production - it's furry useful. DIs fuel cell
> runs on hairballs, and a single hairball can keep all da seats fully
> powered for a week. Give it a dozen hairballs and it could run a
> small city fur a munth! Even a hoomin city. Even a city wif goggies.

{Iowna, Daisy-chan and Cash arrive}

Iowna turns to Cash and asks what hairballs are. Cash looks at
Daisy-chan and grins then tells Iowna, something we don't seem to have
our local kittah generate in the form of furballs. I think I saw one
once... Mostly we all just make loose fur. Maybe it can be balled up?
If so, we'z got enough to knit a 50lb ball probably...

--

Sundance and/or Rebecca
August 5th 17, 03:50 AM

We apurrsheate dat d*ggiez mite wat to hewp, but I fingk we kitteez haz dis mor dan cuvvered!

Rebecca

cshenk
August 5th 17, 06:57 PM
Sundance and/or Rebecca wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

> Hareballz iz furz dat kitteez hurkz up. Yoo purrobly alreddy knowz
> dat kitteez groomz dere furz by likkin. In da process, we swallowz
> sum furz. If we swallowz too much, den sumtimez we haz to hurk dem
> bak up, an dey kumz up wif da varyuss flooidz frum owrown stummickz.
> Dere muss be sumfing in dat combinashun dat can power dat fyool cell.
>
> We apurrsheate dat d*ggiez mite wat to hewp, but I fingk we kitteez
> haz dis mor dan cuvvered!
>
> Rebecca

Ok! Daisy-chan doenst hurk up eny so wez got none to ****ribute. Cash
seys he's only see her do it twiced in 10 years.

--

Community Kitties[_3_]
August 17th 17, 12:54 PM
> [Francesca quietly disappears. Nothing much happens for a while, then a
> noise can be heard approaching. A distant humming sound, accompanied by
> a soft "thwap, thwap, thwap" noise. Moments later a very large chopper
> appears. It find a clear space to land and settles gently to the
> ground. As the engine stops and the rotors coast to a stop, the side
> doors slide open. Francesca steps out wearing a pilot's helmet,
> followed by Ranger. Aed and Morgana approach cautiously.]
>
> Aed: What kind of catacopter is dis? Why is it so big?
>
> Morgana: An what is it used for?
>
> FtF: Dis is a Katkorski KatterHauler. Iz da biggest caticopter dat
> Katkorski makes, an dis one has a bunch of special features designed by
> da late Harri Roadcat. First, you prolly noticed dat it isn't furry
> loud.Da engine and rotors are special designed for quietude. An take a
> look inside.
>
> [Francesca leads them inside the craft.]
>
> See deze seats? Dey's specially designed fur kitties. You can sit in it
> like a hoomin seat. Or you can press dis button (paw shaped, of course)
> and da seat back retracts, leaving you wif a nice comfy kitty basket.
> An dis one is made special fur arctic work. When da seat is in basket
> position, if it gets really cold in da cabin (like if da catacopter
> doors are open), you press dis yellow button on da edge of da seat, and
>
> [Francesa pushes the button. The retracted seat back reappears, rises a
> little bit then folds forward, making a roof over the cat basket. Once
> the roof is in place, a transparent shield extends from what had been
> the top of the seat back and folds down, forming a completely enclosed
> kitty space.]
>
> An da seat is temperature controlled. It has a cooler an a heater in
> it, to keep da occupant comfy at all times.
>
> Aed: Wow! That is very cool! But with all of these special kitty seats,
> running cooling or heating for all of those seats must use an awful lot
> of power. If the engine isn't running, how long can the seats continue
> to heat or cool?
>
> FtF: Dat's one of da coolest parts! Come back here, to da back of da
> cargo area.
>
> [Francesca leads them through the spacious cargo hold, back to a closet
> set into a side wall. She pops open a maintenace hatch, revealing a
> gleaming silver donut-shaped device with a steel access hatch over the
> middle.]
>
> Dis is a special fuel cell designed by Miss Amelia. I dun't know why it
> never went into full production - it's furry useful. DIs fuel cell runs
> on hairballs, and a single hairball can keep all da seats fully powered
> for a week. Give it a dozen hairballs and it could run a small city fur
> a munth! Even a hoomin city. Even a city wif goggies.

[As the kitties look around the catacpter, they hear a loud humming
sound approaching. They look out the doors and see Sammy driving a
forklift loaded up with a pallet of supplies. They stand to the side to
leave room for the forklift, but Sammy waves to them and drives to the
very read of the coptor. A cargo door opens and a ramp deploys, so that
Sammy is able to drive the forklift right into the cargo area. He drops
his pallet and backs out, then Ranger appears driving another forklift.
Sammy and Ranger make a few trips each filling the cargo section of the
copter with pallets of supplies.

Before Sammy is able to leave after dropping his last pallet, Starr da
Dogg stops him and asks what he and Ranger just loaded onto the copter.]

We'z loaded lots of stuffz! We'z got cold weather gear, tents, and
stuff like dat. And we'z got pallets full of food fur kitties an
goggies an penguins an sea birdies. An we gots some compact
construction equipment. You never can tell what we'z will need to do
once we get dere!

cshenk
August 18th 17, 12:08 AM
Community Kitties wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

> [...]
> to leave room for the forklift, but Sammy waves to them and drives to
> the very read of the coptor. A cargo door opens and a ramp deploys,
> so that Sammy is able to drive the forklift right into the cargo
> area. He drops his pallet and backs out, then Ranger appears driving
> another forklift. Sammy and Ranger make a few trips each filling the
> cargo section of the copter with pallets of supplies.
>

> Before Sammy is able to leave after dropping his last pallet, Starr
> da Dogg stops him and asks what he and Ranger just loaded onto the
> copter.]
>
> We'z loaded lots of stuffz! We'z got cold weather gear, tents, and
> stuff like dat. And we'z got pallets full of food fur kitties an
> goggies an penguins an sea birdies. An we gots some compact
> construction equipment. You never can tell what we'z will need to do

Iowna finds a kitty seat just her size and makes it into a basket. An
elder kittah not sure if it will stay heated asks to join her and
happily they curl in a warm puddle of snore/purr after all the
excitement of the loading is done.

Cash finds one big enough for him and a few more and sees a mommie
kittah with a few littles and asks her to join him just to be sure all
stay warm and she curls in.

Daisy-chan finds one by the window so she can watch the fishies jump if
they are close enough, and chat with the others.

--

Sundance and/or Rebecca
August 18th 17, 11:36 AM

Sundance and Rebecca

Sundance and/or Rebecca
August 20th 17, 04:00 AM
[Rebecca brings some paperwork to Francesca]

OK, heer iz da cargo mannyfest an da passinjer mannyfest. We haz kleerance frum da FAA (Feline Aviation Administration). We has an inishul supply of hareball fyool, an kitties arown da whirled is reddy to 'port ussez sum mor whenebber we needz it. Is yoo reddy to do yurown preflight chekz?

Rebecca

Francesca the Fierce
August 21st 17, 02:54 PM
On 2017-08-20 03:00:04 +0000, Sundance and/or Rebecca said:

> [Rebecca brings some paperwork to Francesca]
>
> OK, heer iz da cargo mannyfest an da passinjer mannyfest. We haz
> kleerance frum da FAA (Feline Aviation Administration). We has an
> inishul supply of hareball fyool, an kitties arown da whirled is reddy
> to 'port ussez sum mor whenebber we needz it. Is yoo reddy to do yurown
> preflight chekz?
>
> Rebecca

I iz ready! In fact, I'z been reviewing my preflight checklist for a
little while now.

[Francesca climbs all over the catacopter, checking fluid levels and
fastener tightness, then she visually checks that the flight control
surfaces respond appropriately to control stick movements. She checks
that everykitty is clear of the tail rotor, then fires up the engine.]

Is efurrybody strapped in and ready to go?

Community Kitties[_3_]
August 22nd 17, 01:35 PM
> I iz ready! In fact, I'z been reviewing my preflight checklist for a
> little while now.
>
> [Francesca climbs all over the catacopter, checking fluid levels and
> fastener tightness, then she visually checks that the flight control
> surfaces respond appropriately to control stick movements. She checks
> that everykitty is clear of the tail rotor, then fires up the engine.]
>
> Is efurrybody strapped in and ready to go?

[As the rotors get up to speed, Francesca gets on the intercom to
address everybody on board.]

Hi, efurrybody. We'z gonna lift off in just a minute. Doze of you who
have used a teleporter before will be comforrable wif our transition.
If any of you (especially you goggies) hafn't used a 'porter before,
don't worry bout it. We'z just gonna fly into dis sort of glowy
shimmery fing, and den we will instantly be somewhere else. It can be a
bit of a surprise if you isn't used to it. So I'll let youz all know
when we'z about to do so.

[Francesca turns back to the controls, and the catacopter lifts off the
ground. Francy keeps her maneuvers gentle, so as to not upset tummys.
The copter climbs to a comfortable altitude, then Francesca instructs
Ranger (who is sitting in the right-hand seat) to activate the
teleporter. He reaches out a paw and types on a paw-sized keyboard, and
soon a patch of shimmering light appears ahead of the copter.]

Ok, efurrybody, we'z flying into da 'porter now. In just a moment we
will be in da air over Antarctica!

[The copter does fly into the shimmering light, and the copter emerges
on the other side in the air over the Antarctic.]

Ok, kitties and offurs, we'z real close! If you will look out da
windows on da left side of the copter youz will see Antarctica. Da ice
dat you see dere is the Ronne Ice Shelf, an da ice ahead of us is da
Antarctic Peninsula. We'z headed towards the northern tip of da
peninsula.

Ok, kitties, we'z just about over da Palmer Station. Da Larsen Ice
Shelf is right below us. Da broken glacier we'z looking for is
somewhere really close. Efurrybody please help me find where it is.

Community Kitties[_3_]
August 25th 17, 01:30 PM

> [The copter does fly into the shimmering light, and the copter emerges
> on the other side in the air over the Antarctic.]
>
> Ok, kitties and offurs, we'z real close! If you will look out da
> windows on da left side of the copter youz will see Antarctica. Da ice
> dat you see dere is the Ronne Ice Shelf, an da ice ahead of us is da
> Antarctic Peninsula. We'z headed towards the northern tip of da
> peninsula.
>
> Ok, kitties, we'z just about over da Palmer Station. Da Larsen Ice
> Shelf is right below us. Da broken glacier we'z looking for is
> somewhere really close. Efurrybody please help me find where it is.

[After the copter has been flying a few minutes, Sammy meows over the intercom]

Sammy: Dere, dere! Look, dere's a great big hyuje glacier dat's real
close to the ice shelf! I'll bet dat's it.

Ranger: I'll set up the GPS controller to fly us up the gap and look
for tunnels or heat sources.

[Francesca loops the capacopter back to the southern end of the gap
between the glacier and the Larsen C ice shelf, drops to an altitude
ust below the surface of the glacier, and starts the chopper cruising
slowly along the gap. The FLIR monitor beeps occasionally, prompting
Ranger to record the coordinates at which the beeps occurred. When the
chopper gets about 3/4 of the way along the gap the FLIR monitor starts
sounding a continuous tone - on both sides of the chopper.

Daisy-chan points out a big tunnel to the chopper's left (the ice shelf
side), while Sundance reports seeing another tunnel on the chopper's
right (on the glacier side).
]

Morgana: Look on the right, up on top of the glacier - is that cats?

[Sure enouth, a group of perhaps a dozen kitties and a few penguins is
standing on the surface of the glacier. They're waving and meowing and
jumping up and down. Francesca increases the choppers altitude and
swings over near where the kitties are. ]

Ranger: Da sonar shows solid ice below us, os it ought to be ok to land.

[Francy sets the chopper down carefully, finally shutting off the
engines when it appears that the glacier surface is indeed strong
enough to support the chopper.

Morgana and Aed immediately open the chopper's door and dash over the kitties.]

Aed: Hi! We were looking for the colony of cats we heard lived around
here. I assume you must be part of that catmunnity. Oh, let me
introduce myself. I'm Aed, this is Morgana, and the other kitties
arriving behind us will introduce themselves.

[A Norwegian Forest Cat cat steps up to Aed and offers a head butt]

Hihi! I'z Lars, an we iz indeed part of da catmunity you'z looking for.
At least we were, until dis happened! We'z was caught off guard - we
didn't expect dis to happen fur a few more years, so dere was a dozen
of usses on dis side of the break when it finally broke free. We'z been
in trouble! We din't haf much food stored on dis side, or much fuel fur
our heaters, so we'z been relying on our penguin buddies here to keep
us alive. Zoot, could you come over here, please? Aed, dis is Zoot.
He's da head of da penguins. Dey's been bringing us fishes efurry day
to keep usses from starving. (whispering) and we'z getting purrty tired
of eating fishies.

Zoot: Hewwo, Aed. Pweased to meet you. Are you hewe to hewp deze kitties?

Aed: Yes, we are! We'z got food and cold weather gear, and we can help
get you back to the main community if you want.

Lars! Yes, pleeze!

[Francesca takes what looks like a really large, clumsy rifle out of
the catacopter cargo bay and walks over to the edge of the glacier.
Lying down on the ice she identifies the opening of the kitty tunnel on
the ice shelf itself, then she takes careful aim for the left side of
the tunnel and squeezes the trigger. A soft "pop" sounds, and a big
dart flies out the barrel of the rifle and sticks in the ice just left
of the tunnel mouth. She sights and fires again, and another dart
sticks on the ice just to the right of the tunnel mouth.]

Francesca: We wazn't able to teleport directly here, since we din't
know the exact coordinates fur da 'porter. An since da ice shelf moves,
da coordinates change wif time. But wif doze 2 beacons I just
installed, we can set da 'porter to go right between dem, and dat will
get us dere. Lars, Zoot, duz you guys want to 'port back to da main
tunnel now?

[Lars and Zoot both shout 'Yes!'

Ranger programs the portable teleporter for the coordinates right
between the 2 beacons, then iondicates that everything is ready.]

Francesca: Ok, guys, we'z set. If you step through dat shimmering
light, you should step out da other side on da main tunnel.

[Lars and Zoot both look kind of uncertain, not being familiar with
teleporters.]

Francesca: Here, watch.

[She steps into the 'porter and disappears. The kitties on the ice
immediately hear a loud whistle from the ice shelf side of the tunnel.
They run to the edge of the iceberg and see Francesca waving to them
from the main tunnel.

As soon as they see it works Lars runs off to gather the rest of the
stranded kitties and Zoot waddles off to gather the rest of the
penguins. They all walk through the 'porter, and a steady procession of
kitties and penguins emerges in the main tunnel through the ice shelf.]

cshenk
August 26th 17, 11:12 PM
> [...]

> between the 2 beacons, then iondicates that everything is ready.]
>
> Francesca: Ok, guys, we'z set. If you step through dat shimmering
> light, you should step out da other side on da main tunnel.
>
> [Lars and Zoot both look kind of uncertain, not being familiar with
> teleporters.]
>
> Francesca: Here, watch.
>
> [She steps into the 'porter and disappears. The kitties on the ice
> immediately hear a loud whistle from the ice shelf side of the
> tunnel. They run to the edge of the iceberg and see Francesca waving
> to them from the main tunnel.
>
> As soon as they see it works Lars runs off to gather the rest of the
> stranded kitties and Zoot waddles off to gather the rest of the
> penguins. They all walk through the 'porter, and a steady procession
> of kitties and penguins emerges in the main tunnel through the ice

(apologies for delay but it took a bit to unfuzzle this. I suspect the
copter landed and we are debarking now?)

--

Community Kitties[_3_]
August 28th 17, 01:10 PM

> (apologies for delay but it took a bit to unfuzzle this. I suspect the
> copter landed and we are debarking now?)

Yep. Da copter flew into the 'porter, emerged in Antarctica, searched
until they found the huge glacier, landed, and have begun to interact
with the glacier kitties.

cshenk
August 29th 17, 12:00 AM
> [...]

> between the 2 beacons, then iondicates that everything is ready.]
>
> Francesca: Ok, guys, we'z set. If you step through dat shimmering
> light, you should step out da other side on da main tunnel.
>
> [Lars and Zoot both look kind of uncertain, not being familiar with
> teleporters.]
>
> Francesca: Here, watch.
>
> [She steps into the 'porter and disappears. The kitties on the ice
> immediately hear a loud whistle from the ice shelf side of the
> tunnel. They run to the edge of the iceberg and see Francesca waving
> to them from the main tunnel.
>
> As soon as they see it works Lars runs off to gather the rest of the
> stranded kitties and Zoot waddles off to gather the rest of the
> penguins. They all walk through the 'porter, and a steady procession
> of kitties and penguins emerges in the main tunnel through the ice

Cash guides Iowna to the line and along with Daisy-chan, they join the
trip. Lars gives them a startled sniff but can tell they are friendly.
He's not sure what to think of the sloppy kiss he gets from Iowna but
decides to grin. She's just like one of his favorite aunts.

--

cshenk
August 29th 17, 12:18 AM
Community Kitties wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

> > (apologies for delay but it took a bit to unfuzzle this. I suspect
> > the copter landed and we are debarking now?)
> >

> Yep. Da copter flew into the 'porter, emerged in Antarctica, searched
> until they found the huge glacier, landed, and have begun to interact
> with the glacier kitties.

Ok! Sundance seems to not see you unless I quote you?

--

cshenk
August 29th 17, 01:50 AM
cshenk wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

> [...]
> >
> > Francesca: Here, watch.
> >
> > [She steps into the 'porter and disappears. The kitties on the ice
> > immediately hear a loud whistle from the ice shelf side of the
> > tunnel. They run to the edge of the iceberg and see Francesca waving
> > to them from the main tunnel.
> >
> > As soon as they see it works Lars runs off to gather the rest of the
> > stranded kitties and Zoot waddles off to gather the rest of the
> > penguins. They all walk through the 'porter, and a steady procession
> > of kitties and penguins emerges in the main tunnel through the ice
> > shelf.]
>
> Cash guides Iowna to the line and along with Daisy-chan, they join the
> trip. Lars gives them a startled sniff but can tell they are
> friendly. He's not sure what to think of the sloppy kiss he gets
> from Iowna but decides to grin. She's just like one of his favorite

Clem and Cleo jump out. They havent found a northern home yet so came
along for the ride after escaping the doggie slavers. They see Zoot
and come to a complete awed halt.

"wow" says Clem.

"Awesome" says Cleo!

(whispering to one another, they remember before the slavers stole
them, a show called 'Happy Feet' and wonder if Zoot dances?)

They start tapping feet to a rythem. Iowna's head starts nodding in
time and she joins in... In a few minutes the puppies are air
guitaring a Cat Stevens song "Wild World". Zoot and some penguins
start grining and nodding along as they walk the path to the inner
caves.

--

Sundance and/or Rebecca
August 29th 17, 05:23 AM

cshenk
September 2nd 17, 10:08 PM
> [...]

> > the trip. Lars gives them a startled sniff but can tell they are
> > friendly. He's not sure what to think of the sloppy kiss he gets
> > from Iowna but decides to grin. She's just like one of his favorite
> > aunts but in doggie form.
>
> Clem and Cleo jump out. They havent found a northern home yet so came
> along for the ride after escaping the doggie slavers. They see Zoot
> and come to a complete awed halt.
>
> "wow" says Clem.
>
> "Awesome" says Cleo!
>
> (whispering to one another, they remember before the slavers stole
> them, a show called 'Happy Feet' and wonder if Zoot dances?)
>
> They start tapping feet to a rythem. Iowna's head starts nodding in
> time and she joins in... In a few minutes the puppies are air
> guitaring a Cat Stevens song "Wild World". Zoot and some penguins
> start grining and nodding along as they walk the path to the inner

Iowna, Daisy-Chan and Cash are having fun. They'd gotten all dressed
up in their boutique purchases before leaving the plane.

They all have booties/mukluks with ice grabber bottoms and tail
warmers. They dash off with the others to see what this new place has
to offer for fun!

They see the cave widen out to a glorious room. The ceiling is
polished ice so the sun lights it below. There are ice slides on the
top and now and again, you see a shadow as a Penguin slides by going
'whee!'

There is a long ladder partnered with a lift, to an upper ramp where
you can see north with little obstruction. It has a rail and long
icicles butress it to the floor so very stable.

One of the local kittahs explain it's a possible spot for the ball. It
has warm cushions with insulation to keep the ice cold under, and the
kittah (or gasp, doggah! she adds glancing about!) warm.

She snickers as Cash wags his tail, hot pink tail warmer and all, with
a big pompom on the end with a little bell. Who can be scared of a
doggie no matter how big if he's in a hot pink tail warmer with a
pompom and a bell on the end?

Meantime, Clem and Cleo sniff FUD! They run off to catch up with Zoot.

--

Community Kitties[_3_]
September 5th 17, 08:47 PM

> Iowna, Daisy-Chan and Cash are having fun. They'd gotten all dressed
> up in their boutique purchases before leaving the plane.
>
> They all have booties/mukluks with ice grabber bottoms and tail
> warmers. They dash off with the others to see what this new place has
> to offer for fun!
>
> They see the cave widen out to a glorious room. The ceiling is
> polished ice so the sun lights it below. There are ice slides on the
> top and now and again, you see a shadow as a Penguin slides by going
> 'whee!'
>
> There is a long ladder partnered with a lift, to an upper ramp where
> you can see north with little obstruction. It has a rail and long
> icicles butress it to the floor so very stable.
>
> One of the local kittahs explain it's a possible spot for the ball. It
> has warm cushions with insulation to keep the ice cold under, and the
> kittah (or gasp, doggah! she adds glancing about!) warm.
>
> She snickers as Cash wags his tail, hot pink tail warmer and all, with
> a big pompom on the end with a little bell. Who can be scared of a
> doggie no matter how big if he's in a hot pink tail warmer with a
> pompom and a bell on the end?
>
> Meantime, Clem and Cleo sniff FUD! They run off to catch up with Zoot.

Once everybody has teleported back to the Antarctic community's main
tunnels, Lars dashes off. A few minutes later a large, very fluffy
kitty appears.

Lars: Hi, efurrybody. Dis is Fernando, him is da mayor of IceVillage.
Fernando, dis is Francesca da Fierce, an dis is Rebecca, an Aed, an
Morgana, an Ranger, an DaisyChan, an Iowna, an Cash. Dey all rescued
usses!

Fernando: Hihi, firiends. Fangu for bring dem home, We had been trying
to fink of ways to get them home, but hadn't come up wif any ideas yet.
Ms. Fierce, Lars says dat you flew da big catacopter. Is dat da Harri
Roadcat logo I saw on da side?

Francesca: Yep, dat is one of the late Harri Roadcat's fleet. We
bringed it cuz it was big enough to carry a lot of kitties and a lot of
supplies. We din't know of you guys was ok wif your food supplies, an
we bringed some tools too.

Aed: Fernando, I come from the Second World Community - we live in a
realm under the earth and we have visited most of the known kitty
communities. Our legends mention a community that lived under the ice
and snow, but it also says that we lost contact many generations ago.
Would that by any chance be your catmunity?

Fernando: I fink so! Our history tells us about a time when we were
free to leave this world of tunnels and caves and visit all over, but
the ice tunnel that we passed through to get out of this area collapsed
a furry long time ago. Our historians haf found what dey fink is da
tunnel that was used, but no matter how much digging we do we never
clear away enough ice. We has colcanic steam heat to keep our living
quarters comfy, but when we try to run steam hoses to da collapsed
tunnel da steam gets too cold to help by da time it gets to da ice wall.

[Francesca disappears quietly]

Did I hear one of youz talking about holding a party or somefing here?
We duz haf a great ballroom dat we luv to use. Would it be big enuf for
youz?

azbobcat1@gmail.com
September 22nd 17, 11:12 PM
On Tuesday, August 1, 2017 at 6:47:13 AM UTC-7, Francesca the Fierce wrote:
> Ok, sos it souns like we need to take a trip to da Antarctic to check
> up on the kitty colony there, and to evaluate it as a possible Jellicle
> Ball site. We can't directly 'port there, as we don't have da
> corrdinates. But I haf access to all of Harri Roadcat's aircraft, and
> haf learned to fly most of dem.
>
> So how many wants to go along?

ANTARCTICA?!?!? I think some cats have been sniffing way too much 'nip!!!Have we held the Ball Italy?? We could hold the Ball in the CATacombs? I'd suggest Venice but there is a LOT of WATER there, something we've see way too much of!!! How about the Vatican!!!Now that would be way COOL!!! Why we would be right at home there!!!

cshenk
September 22nd 17, 11:42 PM
wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

> On Tuesday, August 1, 2017 at 6:47:13 AM UTC-7, Francesca the Fierce
> wrote:
> > Ok, sos it souns like we need to take a trip to da Antarctic to
> > check up on the kitty colony there, and to evaluate it as a
> > possible Jellicle Ball site. We can't directly 'port there, as we
> > don't have da corrdinates. But I haf access to all of Harri
> > Roadcat's aircraft, and haf learned to fly most of dem.
> >
> > So how many wants to go along?
>
> ANTARCTICA?!?!? I think some cats have been sniffing way too much
> 'nip!!!Have we held the Ball Italy?? We could hold the Ball in the
> CATacombs? I'd suggest Venice but there is a LOT of WATER there,
> something we've see way too much of!!! How about the Vatican!!!Now
> that would be way COOL!!! Why we would be right at home there!!!

Daisy-chan laughs. No, it's a nice warm spot with all the extras in a
cave below the ice.

--

kylawaterman45@gmail.com
September 26th 17, 09:47 PM

hmmmmmm?

Ranger McDude
September 27th 17, 01:55 PM
On 2017-09-26 20:47:39 +0000, said:

> Pipps sez to Ranger, what do you think where would you like to go fur
> the ball.
>
> hmmmmmm?

Pipps! Hi!

I fink Antarctica is gonna be great. Dis here big ballroom feels nice
an comfy to me. Wif da volcanic heating, it feels to me like da
tempachoor is prolly in the low 60s, so I feel purrty comfy.

I see dat Francesca embedded a teleporter beacon in the rock wall over
here by da big room - I guess it's kinda like a foyer for da ballroom?
- so I fink dat would be a good place fur da guest signin table. How
about you an me work da guest signin table? We can make sure dat da
guest register always has good pen, an we can answer questions for
guests, and we could hand out rainbow hankies.

Ranger

cshenk
September 28th 17, 01:24 AM
Ranger McDude wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

> On 2017-09-26 20:47:39 +0000, said:
>
> > Pipps sez to Ranger, what do you think where would you like to go
> > fur the ball.
> >
> > hmmmmmm?
> >

> Pipps! Hi!
>
> I fink Antarctica is gonna be great. Dis here big ballroom feels nice
> an comfy to me. Wif da volcanic heating, it feels to me like da
> tempachoor is prolly in the low 60s, so I feel purrty comfy.
>
> I see dat Francesca embedded a teleporter beacon in the rock wall
> over here by da big room - I guess it's kinda like a foyer for da
> ballroom? - so I fink dat would be a good place fur da guest signin
> table. How about you an me work da guest signin table? We can make
> sure dat da guest register always has good pen, an we can answer
> questions for guests, and we could hand out rainbow hankies.
>
> Ranger

Dats great Ranger! Wez also needs to hand out glow-sticks. Wif da need
to not get 'too hot' anna melt what shouldn't be melted for our hosts,
dis seems like a gud idea? Kin wez put a basket dere anna youz help
kittahs get one?

Daisy-chan

--

Ranger McDude
September 28th 17, 01:10 PM
> Dats great Ranger! Wez also needs to hand out glow-sticks. Wif da need
> to not get 'too hot' anna melt what shouldn't be melted for our hosts,
> dis seems like a gud idea? Kin wez put a basket dere anna youz help
> kittahs get one?
>
> Daisy-chan

Oh yes! Dats a eggzelent idea. We can definitely set up a bazket for
glow sticks.

Ranger

cshenk
September 28th 17, 10:27 PM
Ranger McDude wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

> > Dats great Ranger! Wez also needs to hand out glow-sticks. Wif da
> > need to not get 'too hot' anna melt what shouldn't be melted for
> > our hosts, dis seems like a gud idea? Kin wez put a basket dere
> > anna youz help kittahs get one?
> >
> > Daisy-chan
>
> Oh yes! Dats a eggzelent idea. We can definitely set up a bazket for
> glow sticks.
>
> Ranger

Daisy-chan gives Ranger a saucy nose boop right in front of Pipps and
says "Thank you! I've arranged for the sticks already anna dis time
deys all different colours!".

Pipps grins. She knows Daisy-chan lost her heart to Oreon, the one
eyed scrappy fellow from years ago, but he passed over the bridge
before she could catch him.