PDA

View Full Version : Fipronil in eggs

Jack Campin
August 4th 17, 12:05 AM
This is not directly cat-related, but if you've ever treated
a cat for fleas you'll probably have used this stuff. I had
no idea it was so dangerous.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/aug/03/eggs-removed-from-european-shelves-over-toxicity-fears-fipronil

mobile 07895 860 060 <http://www.campin.me.uk> Twitter: JackCampin

Sjouke Burry[_2_]
August 4th 17, 01:44 AM
On 4-8-2017 1:05, Jack Campin wrote:
> This is not directly cat-related, but if you've ever treated
> a cat for fleas you'll probably have used this stuff. I had
> no idea it was so dangerous.
>
> https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/aug/03/eggs-removed-from-european-shelves-over-toxicity-fears-fipronil

> e m a i l : j a c k @ c a m p i n . m e . u k
> Jack Campin, 11 Third Street, Newtongrange, Midlothian EH22 4PU, Scotland
> mobile 07895 860 060 <http://www.campin.me.uk> Twitter: JackCampin

Welll... you have to eat about 5000 eggs to become slightly ill......
About what happens to a dog, when you apply one drop of the stuff
to him for flea killing.
I just fried two egs.
They tasted quite well.
My fleas did not complain.

jmcquown[_2_]
August 4th 17, 02:03 AM
On 8/3/2017 8:44 PM, Sjouke Burry wrote:
> On 4-8-2017 1:05, Jack Campin wrote:
>> This is not directly cat-related, but if you've ever treated
>> a cat for fleas you'll probably have used this stuff. I had
>> no idea it was so dangerous.
>>
>> https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/aug/03/eggs-removed-from-european-shelves-over-toxicity-fears-fipronil

>> e m a i l : j a c k @ c a m p i n . m e
>> . u k
>> Jack Campin, 11 Third Street, Newtongrange, Midlothian EH22 4PU,
>> Scotland
>> mobile 07895 860 060 <http://www.campin.me.uk> Twitter:
>> JackCampin
>>
> Welll... you have to eat about 5000 eggs to become slightly ill......
> About what happens to a dog, when you apply one drop of the stuff
> to him for flea killing.
> I just fried two egs.
> They tasted quite well.
> My fleas did not complain.

LOL

My cat doesn't have fleas. I've never had to treat her for any. I also
don't eat a lot of eggs. My cat doesn't, either. ;) I'm glad you don't
have fleas.

Jill