PDA

View Full Version : RPCC on Facebook

Dan Mahoney[_2_]
August 8th 17, 01:49 PM
Those of you who also have accounts on Facebook might like to know that
there is now an R.P.C.C group on Facebook. It is currently very small,
but everyone who loves kitties and meow-chat is welcome to join us.
This group will fill a different niche than the Meowchat Stories group,
in that we'd kind of like to find activities and adventures like we see
here taking place in the Facebook group.

I also recall that in the past several people have expressed a pretty
profound desire that their Usenet posts NOT appear on any Facebook
groups, so I would like to reassure all who feel that way that messages
posted here in Usenet will NOT be echoed to the Facebook group without
permission. Therefore, those who don't object to having their posts
echoed to Fazcebook please let me know.

Mishi[_2_]
August 8th 17, 03:22 PM
On Tuesday, August 8, 2017 at 8:49:22 AM UTC-4, Dan Mahoney wrote:
> Those of you who also have accounts on Facebook might like to know that
> there is now an R.P.C.C group on Facebook. It is currently very small,
> but everyone who loves kitties and meow-chat is welcome to join us.
> This group will fill a different niche than the Meowchat Stories group,
> in that we'd kind of like to find activities and adventures like we see
> here taking place in the Facebook group.
>
> I also recall that in the past several people have expressed a pretty
> profound desire that their Usenet posts NOT appear on any Facebook
> groups, so I would like to reassure all who feel that way that messages
> posted here in Usenet will NOT be echoed to the Facebook group without
> permission. Therefore, those who don't object to having their posts
> echoed to Fazcebook please let me know.

Hi Dan,
I tried to find the group, and cannot. :( There are a lot of R.P.C.C. groups on there!

Dan Mahoney[_2_]
August 8th 17, 06:45 PM
On 2017-08-08 14:22:48 +0000, Mishi said:

> On Tuesday, August 8, 2017 at 8:49:22 AM UTC-4, Dan Mahoney wrote:
>> Those of you who also have accounts on Facebook might like to know that
>> there is now an R.P.C.C group on Facebook. It is currently very small,
>> but everyone who loves kitties and meow-chat is welcome to join us.
>> This group will fill a different niche than the Meowchat Stories group,
>> in that we'd kind of like to find activities and adventures like we see
>> here taking place in the Facebook group.
>>
>> I also recall that in the past several people have expressed a pretty
>> profound desire that their Usenet posts NOT appear on any Facebook
>> groups, so I would like to reassure all who feel that way that messages
>> posted here in Usenet will NOT be echoed to the Facebook group without
>> permission. Therefore, those who don't object to having their posts
>> echoed to Fazcebook please let me know.
>
> Hi Dan,
> I tried to find the group, and cannot. :( There are a lot of R.P.C.C.
> groups on there!

Mishi, I took the liberty of adding you, I hope you don't mind.

A direct link to the group is
https://www.facebook.com/groups/108314679854602/?ref=br_rs

Mishi[_2_]
August 8th 17, 06:50 PM
On Tuesday, August 8, 2017 at 1:45:05 PM UTC-4, Dan Mahoney wrote:
> On 2017-08-08 14:22:48 +0000, Mishi said:
>
> > On Tuesday, August 8, 2017 at 8:49:22 AM UTC-4, Dan Mahoney wrote:
> >> Those of you who also have accounts on Facebook might like to know that
> >> there is now an R.P.C.C group on Facebook. It is currently very small,
> >> but everyone who loves kitties and meow-chat is welcome to join us.
> >> This group will fill a different niche than the Meowchat Stories group,
> >> in that we'd kind of like to find activities and adventures like we see
> >> here taking place in the Facebook group.
> >>
> >> I also recall that in the past several people have expressed a pretty
> >> profound desire that their Usenet posts NOT appear on any Facebook
> >> groups, so I would like to reassure all who feel that way that messages
> >> posted here in Usenet will NOT be echoed to the Facebook group without
> >> permission. Therefore, those who don't object to having their posts
> >> echoed to Fazcebook please let me know.
> >
> > Hi Dan,
> > I tried to find the group, and cannot. :( There are a lot of R.P.C.C.
> > groups on there!
>
> Mishi, I took the liberty of adding you, I hope you don't mind.
>
> A direct link to the group is
> https://www.facebook.com/groups/108314679854602/?ref=br_rs

Dan, I got this message when I clicked on that link: Sorry, this content isn't available right now
The link you followed may have expired, or the page may only be visible to an audience you're not in.

Sundance and/or Rebecca
August 8th 17, 08:07 PM
I got the same message.

Dan Mahoney[_2_]
August 9th 17, 01:35 PM
On 2017-08-08 19:07:11 +0000, Sundance and/or Rebecca said:

> I got the same message.

My fault. I forgot that this was created as a secret group, so unless
you're a member you won't bea ble to get to it.

I think I just added both of you, Mishi and Sundance. Please let me
know if you're not able to find and access the group.

Mishi[_2_]
August 9th 17, 02:47 PM
On Wednesday, August 9, 2017 at 8:35:12 AM UTC-4, Dan Mahoney wrote:
> On 2017-08-08 19:07:11 +0000, Sundance and/or Rebecca said:
>
> > I got the same message.
>
> My fault. I forgot that this was created as a secret group, so unless
> you're a member you won't bea ble to get to it.
>
> I think I just added both of you, Mishi and Sundance. Please let me
> know if you're not able to find and access the group.

I still get the same message. :(

Dan Mahoney[_2_]
August 9th 17, 07:07 PM
On 2017-08-09 13:47:16 +0000, Mishi said:

> On Wednesday, August 9, 2017 at 8:35:12 AM UTC-4, Dan Mahoney wrote:
>> On 2017-08-08 19:07:11 +0000, Sundance and/or Rebecca said:
>>
>>> I got the same message.
>>
>> My fault. I forgot that this was created as a secret group, so unless
>> you're a member you won't bea ble to get to it.
>>
>> I think I just added both of you, Mishi and Sundance. Please let me
>> know if you're not able to find and access the group.
>
> I still get the same message. :(

Let's make sure that I'm adding the right people. What is your
Fazcebook user name?

Sundance and/or Rebecca
August 9th 17, 10:13 PM
FYI, you added me successfully.

Would you clarify the purpose of the new group? Is it just for mirroring the Usenet group, or is it also for original posts?

Sandy

Dan Mahoney[_2_]
August 10th 17, 01:26 PM
On 2017-08-09 21:13:59 +0000, Sundance and/or Rebecca said:

> FYI, you added me successfully.
>
> Would you clarify the purpose of the new group? Is it just for
> mirroring the Usenet group, or is it also for original posts?
>
> Sandy

My thought (and I think Ann's thought) is that the group can echo SOME
posts from Usenet (those who have given premission for their posts to
be mirrored), but also for original posts. I rather expect that the
Facebook group might well end up going on different adventures than
the Usenet group.

Actually, however the group happens to develop!

Mishi[_2_]
August 10th 17, 03:50 PM
On Wednesday, August 9, 2017 at 2:07:24 PM UTC-4, Dan Mahoney wrote:
> On 2017-08-09 13:47:16 +0000, Mishi said:

> >> My fault. I forgot that this was created as a secret group, so unless
> >> you're a member you won't bea ble to get to it.
> >>
> >> I think I just added both of you, Mishi and Sundance. Please let me
> >> know if you're not able to find and access the group.
> >
> > I still get the same message. :(
>
> Let's make sure that I'm adding the right people. What is your
> Fazcebook user name?

Patti Gilson Stott is my FB persona

conniepo
August 13th 17, 08:17 PM
On Thursday, August 10, 2017 at 8:26:20 AM UTC-4, Dan Mahoney wrote:
> On 2017-08-09 21:13:59 +0000, Sundance and/or Rebecca said:
>
> > FYI, you added me successfully.
> >
> > Would you clarify the purpose of the new group? Is it just for
> > mirroring the Usenet group, or is it also for original posts?
> >
> > Sandy
>
> My thought (and I think Ann's thought) is that the group can echo SOME
> posts from Usenet (those who have given premission for their posts to
> be mirrored), but also for original posts. I rather expect that the
> Facebook group might well end up going on different adventures than
> the Usenet group.
>
> Actually, however the group happens to develop!

I can't get to it on fb. My username is Connie Cali-Poutre.