PDA

View Full Version : Under the ice

Community Kitties[_3_]
September 8th 17, 07:36 PM
> Once everybody has teleported back to the Antarctic community's main
tunnels, Lars dashes off. A few > minutes later a large, very fluffy
kitty appears.

> Lars: Hi, efurrybody. Dis is Fernando, him is da mayor of IceVillage.
Fernando, dis is Francesca da
> Fierce, an dis is Rebecca, an Aed, an Morgana, an Ranger, an
DaisyChan, an Iowna, an Cash. Dey all
> rescued usses!

> Fernando: Hihi, firiends. Fangu for bring dem home, We had been
trying to fink of ways to get them
> home, but hadn't come up wif any ideas yet. Ms. Fierce, Lars says dat
you flew da big catacopter. Is dat
> da Harri Roadcat logo I saw on da side?

> Francesca: Yep, dat is one of the late Harri Roadcat's fleet. We
bringed it cuz it was big enough to carry
> a lot of kitties and a lot of supplies. We din't know of you guys was
ok wif your food supplies, an we
> bringed some tools too.

> Aed: Fernando, I come from the Second World Community - we live in a
realm under the earth and we
> have visited most of the known kitty communities. Our legends mention
a community that lived under
> the ice and snow, but it also says that we lost contact many
generations ago. Would that by any chance
> be your catmunity?

> Fernando: I fink so! Our history tells us about a time when we were
free to leave this world of tunnels
> and caves and visit all over, but the ice tunnel that we passed
through to get out of this area collapsed
> a furry long time ago. Our historians haf found what dey fink is da
tunnel that was used, but no matter
> how much digging we do we never clear away enough ice. We has
colcanic steam heat to keep our l
> iving quarters comfy, but when we try to run steam hoses to da
collapsed tunnel da steam gets too cold
> to help by da time it gets to da ice wall.

> [Francesca disappears quietly]

> Did I hear one of youz talking about holding a party or somefing
here? We duz haf a great ballroom dat
> we luv to use. Would it be big enuf for youz?

[Moments later Francesca returns, dragging a couple of portable
teleporters with her ]

Fernando: Mz Fierce, what is doze fings?

Francesca: Call me Francesca, please. Deze are teleporters. We can use
dem to allow you to melt the collapsed ice out of your tunnel.

Fernando: Really? Do dey get hot?

Francesca: Nope. I'll show you. Please lead the way to shere your
collapsed tunnel is.

[ Fernando leads the assembled group deeper into the ice shelf. The air
remains reasonably warm, as an overhead pipe seems to be radioating
some heat. Several turns later, Fernando stops at the foot of a whole
lot of fallen ice.

Francesca whistels a little bit as she sets up and adjusts one of the
portable 'porters then makes some notes.]

Francesca: Ok, that end is done. Now please lead the way to your source
of your steam.

[ Fernando again leads teh group of kitties through what feels like
miles of tunnels. As they walk, the kitties see side rooms with
sleeping pads, rooms set up with kitten toys, workshops, some rooms
with scientific equipment, a couple of machine shops, and other rooms
with closed doors. They finally walk into a large room with a steamy
atmosphere.

Francesca see some pools of steaming water with kitties soaking in
them, and near the center of the room a large pipe disapperas into the
ice floor. The large pipe splits into several smaller pipes, one of
which has a hose fitting. This pipe has a heavily insulated hose
attached to it.

Francesca set up the second portable 'porter just in front of the
coiled-up hose. She makes a few adjustments and makes aa few more
notes.]

Francesca: Ok, Mister Mayor, we'z ready to go. I see some worker
kittehs over there. Could you perhaps spare them for a little while?

[Fernando whistles to attract the attention of the worker kittehs, then
gestures for them to come over. ]

Francesca: Hi! Could you please pick one end of dat hose and follow me?

[The first worker kitty grabs the end of the hose. Francesca steps into
the mouth of the 'porter. The worker kitteh looks surprised, but
follows her. When he comes out the other side immediately in front of
the collapsed ice wall he is startled.

Francesca steps back through the porter, and when she emerges on the
other side she signals to the other worker kitty to open the steam
valve. As the valve is opened, everybody hears a startled meow from the
first worker kitty. When Francesca steps back through the porter (with
everybody tagging along behind), she sees the first worker kitty
directing the steam hose at the collapsed ice wall, quickly melting the
ice.

Fernando opens a catellite phone and makes a brief call. Moments later
a burly large kitty comes running up to the group.]

Fernando: Miz - er, Francesca, dis is Angus. He's our chief engineer.

[Francesca and Angus touch noses.'

Angus: How is it that this rig is getting hot steam all the way over
here? When we;ve tried this before the steam always cools before it
travels this far.

Francesca: Itz simple. We use dese teleporters. Da hose goes in da far
side then comes out dis side, and when it gets here da steam has only
travlled the distance from the source to the first 'porter, then
distance from da second 'porter to the ice wall. Voila, hot steam!

[Angus draws Francesca aside to talk about teleporters. ]

Fernando: Wow, we might akchooly be able to use dat tunnel again soon -
cool! While dey are working on dat, can I show all of you kitties
around?

cshenk
September 9th 17, 09:58 PM
Community Kitties wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

> [...]
>
> Fernando opens a catellite phone and makes a brief call. Moments
> later a burly large kitty comes running up to the group.]
>
> Fernando: Miz - er, Francesca, dis is Angus. He's our chief engineer.
>
> [Francesca and Angus touch noses.'
>
> Angus: How is it that this rig is getting hot steam all the way over
> here? When we;ve tried this before the steam always cools before it
> travels this far.
>
> Francesca: Itz simple. We use dese teleporters. Da hose goes in da
> far side then comes out dis side, and when it gets here da steam has
> only travlled the distance from the source to the first 'porter, then
> distance from da second 'porter to the ice wall. Voila, hot steam!
>
> [Angus draws Francesca aside to talk about teleporters. ]
>
> Fernando: Wow, we might akchooly be able to use dat tunnel again soon
> - cool! While dey are working on dat, can I show all of you kitties

Zoot, Clem and Cleo follow Daisy-Chan to a melty spot along the tunnel.
They start digging. Soon others join in. Zoot is particuarily good at
moving melty snow to the side to make rails. Iowna checks and has them
reinforced as they go along.

Cash meantime works with 2 local kittahs to shape the ice to fit along
the walls and make a rail for the outer viewing chamber that looks to
the sky.

Others snag the freed up ice and make stairs along the slope to the
tunnel.

Slowly a stair well with steps develops down to the tunnel that
collapsed. It has one addition it never had before. A sort of slolum
channel to the side and ready to go so the Penguins can make a visit in
their own style!

As the steam works from the inside, more and more melty slush becomes
available...

Iowna shivvers though as a bit of ice falls. They need to reinforce
the tunnel. She thinks hard then an idea appears. She grabs
Franchesca for a consult.

They need an arch with hard ice in wedges, cut just so, to keep the new
opening able to hold the weight of the snow/ice above. Iowna draws out
plans and rhwy start cutting the right ice to angles and keystones.

--

cshenk
September 10th 17, 07:47 PM
cshenk wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

> [...]
> the sky.
>
> Others snag the freed up ice and make stairs along the slope to the
> tunnel.
>
> Slowly a stair well with steps develops down to the tunnel that
> collapsed. It has one addition it never had before. A sort of slolum
> channel to the side and ready to go so the Penguins can make a visit
> in their own style!
>
> As the steam works from the inside, more and more melty slush becomes
> available...
>
> Iowna shivvers though as a bit of ice falls. They need to reinforce
> the tunnel. She thinks hard then an idea appears. She grabs
> Franchesca for a consult.
>
> They need an arch with hard ice in wedges, cut just so, to keep the
> new opening able to hold the weight of the snow/ice above. Iowna
> draws out plans and rhwy start cutting the right ice to angles and

Zoot gathers some buddies around Iowna. They help cut ice to blocks.
Iowna explained they need old hard ice, not new snow ice.

They chop it and scoot it with their feets. Daisy-chan and bitty
kitties use their claws to shape it. Keystones are carefully slid in to
hold it all in place then they start the next set. This tunnel will
not collapse again once they dig it out.

They now have 12 feet of an estimated 20 archway that needs to be done.
They can hear kittah feet on the other end removing slush as steam
warms it.

Cash as emergency deputy doggie uses a cataporter to the other side and
explains arches. A very important kittah inside has him bring Iowna in
to show arch stones.

Iowna and Daisy-chan port over and show it and production starts on the
inner side.

Iowna shivvers and the venerable kittah notes it. He's a bit chilled
too. 'Hi, I am Roscoe. We've been here so long, that I am not sure
what you are but maybe old legends say you are a rescue doggie?'

Iowna sniffs Roscoe in a friendly way then a bare lick at the nose and
nodds. She starts to speak but a big sneeze happens first then she
shivvers a bit.

Roscoe takes her to a warm pool of water for a drink, then a soft bed
of blankets made of cat fur pounded to felt and covered with a knitted
blanket. Roscoe yawns as Iowna cuddles in and decides he's not a
racist so cuddles in with her to keep her warm. His last thought that
night as he cuddles into her warmth (and her into his) is that the
tunnel will be safe and open when they wake up. The music of their
purrs and snores is unique there but it fits.

ssnnnooozzzeee

--

Community Kitties[_3_]
September 11th 17, 01:47 PM

>> As the steam works from the inside, more and more melty slush becomes
>> available...
>>
>> Iowna shivvers though as a bit of ice falls. They need to reinforce
>> the tunnel. She thinks hard then an idea appears. She grabs
>> Franchesca for a consult.
>>
>> They need an arch with hard ice in wedges, cut just so, to keep the
>> new opening able to hold the weight of the snow/ice above. Iowna
>> draws out plans and rhwy start cutting the right ice to angles and
>> keystones.
>
> Zoot gathers some buddies around Iowna. They help cut ice to blocks.
> Iowna explained they need old hard ice, not new snow ice.
>
> They chop it and scoot it with their feets. Daisy-chan and bitty
> kitties use their claws to shape it. Keystones are carefully slid in to
> hold it all in place then they start the next set. This tunnel will
> not collapse again once they dig it out.
>
> They now have 12 feet of an estimated 20 archway that needs to be done.
> They can hear kittah feet on the other end removing slush as steam
> warms it.
>
> Cash as emergency deputy doggie uses a cataporter to the other side and
> explains arches. A very important kittah inside has him bring Iowna in
> to show arch stones.
>
> Iowna and Daisy-chan port over and show it and production starts on the
> inner side.
>
> Iowna shivvers and the venerable kittah notes it. He's a bit chilled
> too. 'Hi, I am Roscoe. We've been here so long, that I am not sure
> what you are but maybe old legends say you are a rescue doggie?'
>
> Iowna sniffs Roscoe in a friendly way then a bare lick at the nose and
> nodds. She starts to speak but a big sneeze happens first then she
> shivvers a bit.
>
> Roscoe takes her to a warm pool of water for a drink, then a soft bed
> of blankets made of cat fur pounded to felt and covered with a knitted
> blanket. Roscoe yawns as Iowna cuddles in and decides he's not a
> racist so cuddles in with her to keep her warm. His last thought that
> night as he cuddles into her warmth (and her into his) is that the
> tunnel will be safe and open when they wake up. The music of their
> purrs and snores is unique there but it fits.
>
> ssnnnooozzzeee

Kitties, doggies, and penguins continue to melt icefall with the steam
hose, and excavate the loose blocks that fall around them. With the
architectural support taught by Iowna, the newly reopening tunnel
continues to grow, betting reinforced as it goes.

After what seems like an eternity but is likely only half a day or so,
the ice wall collapses entirely and reveals the kitty team digging from
the other side. As the two teams meet, the workers on both sides
realize that the two groups are strangers to each other. Each team puts
out a call to their leaders, and soon Fernando arrives accompanied by
Iad and Morgana.

Iad and Morgana immediately recognize the leaders of the other team as
Second Workd kitties.

Iad: Zacck, is that you?

Zacck: Yeppers! How did you get on that side? And who are these kitties
- umm, and penguins and goggies?

[Iad makes a call on his catellite phone. A few minutes later a very
old kitty arrives, along with two assistants. ]

Fernando, I'd like to introduce you to FluffMuzzle. He's our head
librarian and archivist. I think you might find what he has to say
interesting!

Fluffmuzzle: Err, Fernando, is it? Welcome! Aed told me of the trip
they had planned to try to help you all with the iceberg issue. I and
my assistants have been poring over the archives. We have found tales
from our antiquity that speak of Second World kitties communing with
kitties from a land of ice and fire. We have always assumed these tales
were mere myth, but it now appears that they were true. Us of the
Second World used to trade and visit with your community on a regular
basis. But a very long time ago, many, many generations ago, the
passageway connecting our two worlds collapsed. Workers on our side
were unable to dig out the collapsed portion, and knowlege of your land
passed from the common memory.

Fernando: We too have legends like this! Our legends speak of regular
trade wif kitties living in homes that aren't cut from the ice. But we
also assumed these were just fantasies. This is too cool!

[Fernando and FluffMuzzle sit down to talk and reestablish trade
between their communities. Whle they do, Second World kitties swarm
into the Antarctic tunnels, and Antarctic kitties dash into the Second
World kitties to explore and meet new friends. Sammy finally appears
and meows loudly.]

Sammy: Everybody, we'z laid out a banquet to celebrate deze communities
getting in touch again. Up in da ballroom we'z set up a bunch of tables
and benches and cushions, an FluffyKitz has set out a buffet of roast
beast, grilled ear of sooven, grilled salmonfishies, duckbird, chicken,
and a whole bunch of other goodies. Anyone who is innerested, come on
along! You'z all invited - Antarctic kitties, Second World kitties,
First World community kitties, goggies, penguins, and whoever or
whatever else wants to join usses.

cshenk
September 11th 17, 10:39 PM
Community Kitties wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:
[i]

> [...]
>
> [Fernando and FluffMuzzle sit down to talk and reestablish trade
> between their communities. Whle they do, Second World kitties swarm
> into the Antarctic tunnels, and Antarctic kitties dash into the
> Second World kitties to explore and meet new friends. Sammy finally
> appears and meows loudly.]
>
> Sammy: Everybody, we'z laid out a banquet to celebrate deze
> communities getting in touch again. Up in da ballroom we'z set up a
> bunch of tables and benches and cushions, an FluffyKitz has set out a
> buffet of roast beast, grilled ear of sooven, grilled salmonfishies,
> duckbird, chicken, and a whole bunch of other goodies. Anyone who is
> innerested, come on along! You'z all invited - Antarctic kitties,
> Second World kitties, First World community kitties, goggies,
> penguins, and whoever or whatever else wants to join usses.

Roscoe and Iowna wake to the happy calls. Being both elderly, they
head to the kitty powder room first, then join the group. Iowna checks
the keystones of the arches and nodds in satisfaction. They will last
for centuries.

FluffMuzzle corners her to fill in some archives and they happily
wander off discussing the mathmatics of it all as he jots notes down
and measures things until he understands the proportions and can
recreate them. Roscoe chuckles then sees a big tan and white male
doggie next to him doing same as he watches them wander off.

They turn to one another to greet when both of their tummies rumble.
"I'm Cash, lets go eat!". "I'm Roscoe, this way!" as they follow their
noses.

--

cshenk
September 11th 17, 10:44 PM
Community Kitties wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

> Sammy: Everybody, we'z laid out a banquet to celebrate deze
> communities getting in touch again. Up in da ballroom we'z set up a
> bunch of tables and benches and cushions, an FluffyKitz has set out a
> buffet of roast beast, grilled ear of sooven, grilled salmonfishies,
> duckbird, chicken, and a whole bunch of other goodies. Anyone who is
> innerested, come on along! You'z all invited - Antarctic kitties,
> Second World kitties, First World community kitties, goggies,
> penguins, and whoever or whatever else wants to join usses.

Just for planning purposes, I assume this ballroom is internal to the
blocked spot so not the one outside it that you can see the moon from?
Or do they have a second one where you can do that? Being able to see
the moon rise and set is not critical. Some places, it was 'felt' but
not seen and worked fine.

--

Sundance and/or Rebecca
September 12th 17, 12:49 AM

Rebecca

cshenk
September 12th 17, 12:56 AM
Sundance and/or Rebecca wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

> We duz need sumplace whare we kan see da sky, so dat we kan see da
> rainbow brij.
>
> Rebecca

Yup, but there was one where a balcony was used? Anyways, we have one
with an open top. I'll revise to a clear ice top they can see though
so they aren't all freezing (grin). WE can stage at the other spot (if
diferent) and then move to the open one just like we've moved into/out
of caves and such.

Carol

--

Dan Mahoney[_2_]
September 12th 17, 01:13 PM
On 2017-09-11 23:56:59 +0000, cshenk said:

> Sundance and/or Rebecca wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:
>
>> We duz need sumplace whare we kan see da sky, so dat we kan see da
>> rainbow brij.
>>
>> Rebecca
>
> Yup, but there was one where a balcony was used? Anyways, we have one
> with an open top. I'll revise to a clear ice top they can see though
> so they aren't all freezing (grin). WE can stage at the other spot (if
> diferent) and then move to the open one just like we've moved into/out
> of caves and such.
>
> Carol

Or several very inventive kitties could collaborate on a way to rig
multiple teleporters to teleport the ice from the top of the enclosed
room, giving it exposure to the sky, then 'port the ice cap back when
the event is over.

Sundance and/or Rebecca
September 12th 17, 08:19 PM
Yup. Eethur of those wud work.

(Hey, I kan see dis post frum Unka Dan!)

Rebecca

Community Kitties[_3_]
September 13th 17, 02:20 PM
On 2017-09-11 23:56:59 +0000, cshenk said:

> Sundance and/or Rebecca wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:
>
>> We duz need sumplace whare we kan see da sky, so dat we kan see da
>> rainbow brij.
>>
>> Rebecca
>
> Yup, but there was one where a balcony was used? Anyways, we have one
> with an open top. I'll revise to a clear ice top they can see though
> so they aren't all freezing (grin). WE can stage at the other spot (if
> diferent) and then move to the open one just like we've moved into/out
> of caves and such.
>
> Carol

[Fernando happens to overhear the human converstation]

F: Ackchooly, tht's not an issue. Dere's a feature I hafen't shown anybody yet.

[Fernando speaks into a paw-held radio for a moment. A large fluffy
white kitty arrives a little later.]

I'd like to introduce you to Fiona. She's da chief engineer around here.

Fiona: Hihi! Ferrrnando says that ye'll be interrrrested in being able
to see the moon. That measn that ye'll need to be hearrring this story.

Since we're furry isolated here, we try to keep in contact with the
kitties that live at researrrch stations herrre in the Antarctic. The
Argentine station called San Martine is one of the closest, so we visit
with them the most often. Several yearrrs ago we had a group of
asplorer kitties travelling over the ice to San Martin when an
unexpected storm blew in. We had been expecting beautiful, clear
weather, but this storm brought Condition 1 - no visibility, high
winds, and wind chill below -73 degrees Celcius. Our team was halfway
between our place and San Martin when the storm hit. They were certain
that they were going to be carried off to the Rainbow Bridge, but all
of a sudden they heerd an unexpected noise - da noise of a catacopter!
A copter landed just feet from out kitties, so they dashed onboard.
Dere was a little orange tabby kitty at the controls, and a rather
portly tortie who rushed to bring our kitties blankies and warm tea.

Da catacopter lifted off in spite of the unbelievable weather, and the
pilot was able to keep control of the catacopter in spite of severe
turbulence. When they were about halfway back to our location they
heard a call over da radio - a team of scientists from the San Martin
station was a couple of miles from their base when dere SnowCat died.
Dey had no more food left and were very low on fuel. So da pilot of the
copter flew a search pattern around the San Martin station until her
found da SnowCat, den da tortie kitty lowered a steel cable to da
hoomins, who hooked it on to da SnowCat. Da catacopter slowly pulled da
SnowCat back to da San Martin station. When da copter landed, da
hoomins was astounded - dey had never seen a copter sized fur kitties,
and had no idea dat kitties could fly dem! But dey quickly learned, and
dey made everyone welcome. Once da storm had passed, da orange tabby an
da portly tortie flied out kitties back to us.

Da hoomins in da station later learned dat most of the udder Antarctic
stations had also been visiited by da catacopter. In fact, da Palmer,
McMudro, and Bernardo O'Higgins stations all haf plaques honoring doze
kitties for similar rescues. Da plaques honor Harri Roadcat and Amelia
T Cat fur dere daring rescues. And even today, any time a aircraft
using da "Roadcat" callsign gets special clearance from any station
around here.

Anyhow, once dey delivered our kitties safely home again, we gived dem
a special banquet to fank dem.Dey overheard me talking to Fernando
about a problem we was hafing - da roof of dis cavern here was starting
to melt through. During da summer season dat wouldn't be bad, but in da
winter it would be furry dangerous. But doze 2 brave kitties spended a
couple weeks wif me doing analysis, and getting da metal-working
kitties here to work on building some special parts. So now, we don't
haf to worry about da roof of da cavern melting. And we can now do
dis...

[Fiona scrapes frost from the face of a panel set into the wall nearby.
She leans close to the panel and a small laser scans her eye. A
paw-shaped outline lights up on the panel. Fiona presses her paw
against the outline, and a humming noise can be heard from overhead. As
everyone turns to look up, they see the roof of the cavern retracting!
With an iris-type movement, white panels slide over each other, and
soon the cavern is open to the sky.]

We usually keep da panels closed so dat our cavern doesn't show up on
da hoomin's satellite images, but we won't haf to worry about da next
one fur a while yet. So, will dis work for your need to be able to see
da sky an da moon?

cshenk
September 21st 17, 12:29 AM
> [...]

> metal-working kitties here to work on building some special parts. So
> now, we don't haf to worry about da roof of da cavern melting. And we
> can now do dis...
>
> [Fiona scrapes frost from the face of a panel set into the wall
> nearby. She leans close to the panel and a small laser scans her eye.
> A paw-shaped outline lights up on the panel. Fiona presses her paw
> against the outline, and a humming noise can be heard from overhead.
> As everyone turns to look up, they see the roof of the cavern
> retracting! With an iris-type movement, white panels slide over each
> other, and soon the cavern is open to the sky.]
>
> We usually keep da panels closed so dat our cavern doesn't show up on
> da hoomin's satellite images, but we won't haf to worry about da next
> one fur a while yet. So, will dis work for your need to be able to

Daisy-chan catches this and really likes this!

"Fernando, wez needs Fiona to open da top on 5OCT17 a bit befur dark
then keep it open at night until a bit after sunrise. Can doo?"

[in minds eye, there is a thick very clear ice ceiling protected by
retractable covers. It's like looking out but without the wind. Thick
enough a penguin could dance on it with soft shoes to not mar the
surface.]

--

cshenk
September 21st 17, 01:35 AM
Community Kitties wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

As Fernando solves the problem with the ballroom, Daisy-chan and her 2
doggies work with the King Penguin to check the larder. They can
Cataport plenty of food in and will, but Local Kittahs rather like
Local fishies so Zoot and his friends go to play in the ocean and bring
back shares of their catches.

Zoot chimes up and asks if we have a Cataporter operator who can bring
in Antarctic kittahs for the event and if so, how much fish to catch?

Meantime, Iowna sniffs about for a podium and finding one, asks for
help to get it to the ballroom. She also snags a small but warm round
bed with 6 inch sides and a small pillow and plopps it beside the
podium.

Cash, the big goof is off playing with kittens by giving them rides on
his back down the slide. Daisy-chan grins at her happy brofur after
they solve the fishies issue and has a bigger bed pulled in for him to
the other side of the podium. While she reads, they will repeat in C/D
SL (cat, dog sign language) for those who are hearing impaired.

Sundance and/or Rebecca
September 21st 17, 02:16 AM
[Two kitties enter the Antarctic ballroom. One is an elderly tabby girl who moves a little more slowly than she used to. Her companion is a Havana Brown mancat who seems concerned about her.]

Rebecca: I will be fine, Hercule. You go ahed an chek owt da akoostikz.

[Hercule nosetouches Rebecca and goes to check the area where his orchestra will be playing. Rebecca wanders around the ballroom that the Antarctic kitties have generously offered. There's room for an orchestra above the main stage. There is plenty of space for seating and dancing, with room for food tables at the back. While Rebecca is checking things out, Fernando approaches her.]

Fernando: Rebecca! I heard you were here. What do you think of our ballroom?

Rebecca: Itz bootiful, an perfeck fur da Jellicle Ball. Ize amazed at whut yoo kan do wif just ice an snow, an hab it stay frozen while still havin it warm enuf to be kumfurbul.

Fernando: Good, I'm glad you like it. Is there anything I can help you with?

Rebecca: No... no, fangu, it lukz like efurryfing iz in gud shape heer. If itz OK, I will sit heer an werk on myown openin remarkz.

Fernando: Certainly. You know where my office is, so just let me know if you need anything.

cshenk
September 21st 17, 02:53 AM
Sundance and/or Rebecca wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

> [Two kitties enter the Antarctic ballroom. One is an elderly tabby
> girl who moves a little more slowly than she used to. Her companion
> is a Havana Brown mancat who seems concerned about her.]
>
> Rebecca: I will be fine, Hercule. You go ahed an chek owt da
> akoostikz.
>
> [Hercule nosetouches Rebecca and goes to check the area where his
> orchestra will be playing. Rebecca wanders around the ballroom that
> the Antarctic kitties have generously offered. There's room for an
> orchestra above the main stage. There is plenty of space for seating
> and dancing, with room for food tables at the back. While Rebecca is
> checking things out, Fernando approaches her.]
>
> Fernando: Rebecca! I heard you were here. What do you think of our
> ballroom?
>
> Rebecca: Itz bootiful, an perfeck fur da Jellicle Ball. Ize amazed at
> whut yoo kan do wif just ice an snow, an hab it stay frozen while
> still havin it warm enuf to be kumfurbul.
>
> Fernando: Good, I'm glad you like it. Is there anything I can help
> you with?
>
> Rebecca: No... no, fangu, it lukz like efurryfing iz in gud shape
> heer. If itz OK, I will sit heer an werk on myown openin remarkz.
>
> Fernando: Certainly. You know where my office is, so just let me know
> if you need anything.

Daisy-chan finishes setting up the podium and sees Rebecca. She snags
2 warmer kittah beds that heat the top but leave the bottom cold so as
to not melt the floor, and drags them over.

They curl up nice and warm and compare notes. They share ideas to make
the Jellicle Ball unique to this place yet maintain the kittah freedom
to all to add as they wish.

The others let them be as they match plans, while they fix up the room
with lots of warmer beds while leaving lots of dance room and a large
food area to the back.

--

Community Kitties[_3_]
September 21st 17, 01:12 PM

> Daisy-chan catches this and really likes this!
>
> "Fernando, wez needs Fiona to open da top on 5OCT17 a bit befur dark
> then keep it open at night until a bit after sunrise. Can doo?"
>
> [in minds eye, there is a thick very clear ice ceiling protected by
> retractable covers. It's like looking out but without the wind. Thick
> enough a penguin could dance on it with soft shoes to not mar the
> surface.]

Abso-purr-lutely! Da hoomin satellites will be out of range for the
most part, and we can arrange for a high cloud cover to obscure the
view of those few that will be in range. An da weather forecast for
that evening is nice and clear.

Fiona