PDA

View Full Version : Irma and Hemingway's cats

Jack Campin
September 9th 17, 12:07 PM
Good luck to these folks and the furries...

http://www.chron.com/news/nation-world/nation/article/Cats-Ernest-Hemingway-home-Key-West-Irma-Hurricane-12180112.php

mobile 07895 860 060 <http://www.campin.me.uk> Twitter: JackCampin

jmcquown[_2_]
September 9th 17, 08:26 PM
On 9/9/2017 7:07 AM, Jack Campin wrote:
> Good luck to these folks and the furries...
>
> http://www.chron.com/news/nation-world/nation/article/Cats-Ernest-Hemingway-home-Key-West-Irma-Hurricane-12180112.php

Thanks for the article! It's true cats seem to know better than humans
when and how to seek shelter.

There's a feral colony here on Dataw where I live, it's a TNR program.
After Hurricane Matthew hit last October, all but one cat from the
colony was accounted for. I was sad to hear about it. But considering
these cats don't *have* any place to seek shelter indoors, remarkable.
At least the Hemmingway cats are able to go inside. :)

Jill

Robert Catt
September 11th 17, 10:17 PM
According to this article in the Washington Post, the polydactyl Hemingway
cats all survived the storm.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/animalia/wp/2017/09/11/hemingways-six-toed-cats-survive-irma-still-have-nine-lives/?utm_term=.28cf0e2bc180

dgk
September 12th 17, 03:17 PM
On Mon, 11 Sep 2017 17:17:31 -0400, "Robert Catt"
> wrote:

>According to this article in the Washington Post, the polydactyl Hemingway
>cats all survived the storm.
>
>https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/animalia/wp/2017/09/11/hemingways-six-toed-cats-survive-irma-still-have-nine-lives/?utm_term=.28cf0e2bc180

Thanks for the update.

Jack Campin
September 13th 17, 01:06 AM
> According to this article in the Washington Post,
> the polydactyl Hemingway cats all survived the storm.
>
> https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/animalia/wp/2017/09/11/hemingways-six-toed-cats-survive-irma-still-have-nine-lives/

Whew! They really dodged the bullet with that one. With the hurricane
eye going straight over Key West I didn't think they (or their humans)
had much chance at all.

mobile 07895 860 060 <http://www.campin.me.uk> Twitter: JackCampin