PDA

View Full Version : cat and human reunited after the Grenfell fire

Jack Campin
October 9th 17, 10:44 PM
I can sort of understand this - when we had a serious fire and
had to get out because of the smoke, it took nearly a week before
we saw our four cats again. They were all huddled behind the
fridge. But the Grenfell fire was vastly worse.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/oct/08/grenfell-tower-survivor-reunited-with-cat-she-lost

mobile 07895 860 060 <http://www.campin.me.uk> Twitter: JackCampin

jmcquown[_2_]
October 10th 17, 11:13 PM
On 10/9/2017 5:44 PM, Jack Campin wrote:
> I can sort of understand this - when we had a serious fire and
> had to get out because of the smoke, it took nearly a week before
> we saw our four cats again. They were all huddled behind the
> fridge. But the Grenfell fire was vastly worse.
>
> https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/oct/08/grenfell-tower-survivor-reunited-with-cat-she-lost

I'm very glad she was reunited with her cat! Sounds like she (and
likely others) are having a difficult time finding permanent residences
in the aftermath of the fire. I don't pretend to know how the 'council
system' of obtaining flats works.

Jill