PDA

View Full Version : Time for catacopter tours

Francesca the Fierce
October 15th 17, 06:01 AM
Da surveilance satellites all da time ignore da catacopter, seeing as
how it has da Roadcat logo on da side, so it'z gettin to be time to
start wif some catacopter tours. We'z got accomodations for kitties,
doggies, penguins, and lotz of other aminals.

Wez will start by flying along da Larsen Ice Shelf, den down along
Palmer Land to da Ronne Ice Shelf, den we can bisit any of da Antarctic
stations, or any ub da inneresting geographicalalal features.

Francesca

Sundance and/or Rebecca
October 15th 17, 06:57 AM
Ooh, Hercule an me will kum. Can we go see da inland penguin colonies? Maybe sum of da penguinz frum heer wud like a ride dere, or vice versa, an maybe dere will be baby penguinz!

I duznt spoze da catacopter can go thru da ice so we kud vizzit Lake Vostok? If not, maybe da Russian kitteez at Vostok Station know a way to get dere. We wud juss haf to be kareful not to contammynate it.

Rebecca

cshenk
October 15th 17, 07:28 PM
Francesca the Fierce wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

> Da surveilance satellites all da time ignore da catacopter, seeing as
> how it has da Roadcat logo on da side, so it'z gettin to be time to
> start wif some catacopter tours. We'z got accomodations for kitties,
> doggies, penguins, and lotz of other aminals.
>
> Wez will start by flying along da Larsen Ice Shelf, den down along
> Palmer Land to da Ronne Ice Shelf, den we can bisit any of da
> Antarctic stations, or any ub da inneresting geographicalalal
> features.
>
> Francesca

Daisy-chan looks to the leader of the Community Kittahs and grins.
"Thank you so much fur hosting us! Would you like to join me fur a
ride?" She gives him a saucy wink and scampers to a chair for 2.

Cash and Starr jump along where they try to find a dual seat by the
window but both are just a little too big to share. They settle it
with Cash at the window seat and Starr resting her head on his so they
can both see.

Polly dares the cold for a very short flight in her extra warm feather
sweater and picks up Iowna on the way. Between her extra furry sweater
and Iowna's warm jacket, they are both quite warm in a single seat.
Polly selects the emergency exit one as when she perches the other way,
she has plenty of tail room. She eyes the instructions on the door and
knows she can open it. She looks at Iowna and says 'Pretty Pretty'
while preening her winter cap, colored the same as she is that has
pockets to hold her ears. Cash has one like it in his colors and
several kittahs are sporting similar ones.

Zoot, Zacky and a few brave pengins join in. They take the miggle isle
seats as they are taller and can see out fine from those. They strap
in and turn off the seat heaters. They have ancestral memory of when
they could fly and look forward to seeing their land from up high.

--

Francesca the Fierce
October 16th 17, 04:24 AM
On 2017-10-15 05:57:29 +0000, Sundance and/or Rebecca said:

> Ooh, Hercule an me will kum. Can we go see da inland penguin colonies?
> Maybe sum of da penguinz frum heer wud like a ride dere, or vice versa,
> an maybe dere will be baby penguinz!
>
> I duznt spoze da catacopter can go thru da ice so we kud vizzit Lake
> Vostok? If not, maybe da Russian kitteez at Vostok Station know a way
> to get dere. We wud juss haf to be kareful not to contammynate it.
>
> Rebecca

Absolutely! Da Vostok Station kitties duz indeed haf access. We will
definitely go dere.

Francesca

Ann
October 17th 17, 02:27 PM
On 10/15/2017 11:24 PM, Francesca the Fierce wrote:
> On 2017-10-15 05:57:29 +0000, Sundance and/or Rebecca said:
>
>> Ooh, Hercule an me will kum. Can we go see da inland penguin colonies?
>> Maybe sum of da penguinz frum heer wud like a ride dere, or vice
>> versa, an maybe dere will be baby penguinz!
>>
>> I duznt spoze da catacopter can go thru da ice so we kud vizzit Lake
>> Vostok? If not, maybe da Russian kitteez at Vostok Station know a way
>> to get dere. We wud juss haf to be kareful not to contammynate it.
>>
>> Rebecca
>

> Absolutely! Da Vostok Station kitties duz indeed haf access. We will
> definitely go dere.
>
> Francesca

Lucy Lu & Samwise take seats by the windows to be able to look out.
After a bit a of adjusting they get the seat temperature turned up. With
the heated seats and their boot and coats they a nice and warm for the
catacopter ride.

Francesca the Fierce
October 17th 17, 04:01 PM
On 2017-10-15 05:01:04 +0000, Francesca the Fierce said:

> Da surveilance satellites all da time ignore da catacopter, seeing as
> how it has da Roadcat logo on da side, so it'z gettin to be time to
> start wif some catacopter tours. We'z got accomodations for kitties,
> doggies, penguins, and lotz of other aminals.
>
> Wez will start by flying along da Larsen Ice Shelf, den down along
> Palmer Land to da Ronne Ice Shelf, den we can bisit any of da Antarctic
> stations, or any ub da inneresting geographicalalal features.
>
> Francesca

Francescaa makes sure that the onboard teleporter is working, so
kitties (and others) can teleport from the catacopter to the ground if
they need to leave, or from the ground to the catacopter if someone
wants to board after takeoff.

She does a walkaround inspection of the catacopter, then she starts the
engines and gets them warming up. She does the powered portion of her
preflight, finds all is as it should be, and makes a boarding call for
all interested parties. Ranger and Sammy help make sure that everybody
is strapped in and has their seats and heateres adjusted for comfort.
Ranger then adjusts the left-hand seat in the cockpit to have room for
2, and he and Pipps get themselves secured.

The copter lifts off, and Francesca flies it out of the large opening
in the side of the ice shelf. She climbs to an elevation of 500 feet or
so, then turns the copter towards the south.

October 17th 17, 09:12 PM
On Saturday, October 14, 2017 at 10:01:05 PM UTC-7, Francesca the Fierce wrote:
> Da surveilance satellites all da time ignore da catacopter, seeing as
> how it has da Roadcat logo on da side, so it'z gettin to be time to
> start wif some catacopter tours. We'z got accomodations for kitties,
> doggies, penguins, and lotz of other aminals.
>
> Wez will start by flying along da Larsen Ice Shelf, den down along
> Palmer Land to da Ronne Ice Shelf, den we can bisit any of da Antarctic
> stations, or any ub da inneresting geographicalalal features.
>
> Francesca

On Saturday, October 14, 2017 at 10:01:05 PM UTC-7, Francesca the Fierce wrote:
> Da surveilance satellites all da time ignore da catacopter, seeing as
> how it has da Roadcat logo on da side, so it'z gettin to be time to
> start wif some catacopter tours. We'z got accomodations for kitties,
> doggies, penguins, and lotz of other aminals.
>
> Wez will start by flying along da Larsen Ice Shelf, den down along
> Palmer Land to da Ronne Ice Shelf, den we can bisit any of da Antarctic
> stations, or any ub da inneresting geographicalalal features.
>
> Francesca

Pit2nya comes huffin and puffin, just in tyme to see the 'Copter take off.
She sits on a bench, in her furlined mittens and lethur jaket with itz furr lining, an fur lined boots, wondering if ennyother kitty missed the furst copter ride...

Sundance and/or Rebecca
October 18th 17, 12:30 AM
[Sundance runs up to Pit2nya, talking on his catmunicator.]

Yes, datz rite, Francesca, two to 'port up.

[He puts the catmunicator away.]

Hold on, Sweetee...

[Suddenly there is a whoosh and Sundance and Pit2nya are 'ported to a heated seat for two months n tye catacopter, right next to a window.]

Dere. How'z dat?

Sundance

cshenk
October 18th 17, 12:42 AM
wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

> On Saturday, October 14, 2017 at 10:01:05 PM UTC-7, Francesca the
> Fierce wrote:
> > Da surveilance satellites all da time ignore da catacopter, seeing
> > as how it has da Roadcat logo on da side, so it'z gettin to be time
> > to start wif some catacopter tours. We'z got accomodations for
> > kitties, doggies, penguins, and lotz of other aminals.
> >
> > Wez will start by flying along da Larsen Ice Shelf, den down along
> > Palmer Land to da Ronne Ice Shelf, den we can bisit any of da
> > Antarctic stations, or any ub da inneresting geographicalalal
> > features.
> >
> > Francesca
>

> On Saturday, October 14, 2017 at 10:01:05 PM UTC-7, Francesca the
> Fierce wrote:
> > Da surveilance satellites all da time ignore da catacopter, seeing
> > as how it has da Roadcat logo on da side, so it'z gettin to be time
> > to start wif some catacopter tours. We'z got accomodations for
> > kitties, doggies, penguins, and lotz of other aminals.
> >
> > Wez will start by flying along da Larsen Ice Shelf, den down along
> > Palmer Land to da Ronne Ice Shelf, den we can bisit any of da
> > Antarctic stations, or any ub da inneresting geographicalalal
> > features.
> >
> > Francesca
>
> Pit2nya comes huffin and puffin, just in tyme to see the 'Copter take
> off. She sits on a bench, in her furlined mittens and lethur jaket
> with itz furr lining, an fur lined boots, wondering if ennyother
> kitty missed the furst copter ride...

Zeem and Zick join her. They text Francesca who tells them how to join
since they just barely lifted off.

Following her directions, they cataport onboard. They join Zoot and
Zacky and a few other penguins in the middle isle seats. Pit2nya finds
herself a window seat in front of Cash and Starr.

--

Sundance and/or Rebecca
October 18th 17, 01:39 AM

Sundance

Pit2nya[_3_]
October 18th 17, 10:13 PM
On Tuesday, October 17, 2017 at 4:30:37 PM UTC-7, Sundance and/or Rebecca wrote:
> [Sundance runs up to Pit2nya, talking on his catmunicator.]
>
> Yes, datz rite, Francesca, two to 'port up.
>
> [He puts the catmunicator away.]
>
> Hold on, Sweetee...
>
> [Suddenly there is a whoosh and Sundance and Pit2nya are 'ported to a heated seat for two months n tye catacopter, right next to a window.]
>
> Dere. How'z dat?
>
> Sundance

WUNNERFUL, WUNNERFUL!
P2nya

Francesca the Fierce
October 19th 17, 02:58 AM
> Francescaa makes sure that the onboard teleporter is working, so
> kitties (and others) can teleport from the catacopter to the ground if
> they need to leave, or from the ground to the catacopter if someone
> wants to board after takeoff.
>
> She does a walkaround inspection of the catacopter, then she starts the
> engines and gets them warming up. She does the powered portion of her
> preflight, finds all is as it should be, and makes a boarding call for
> all interested parties. Ranger and Sammy help make sure that everybody
> is strapped in and has their seats and heateres adjusted for comfort.
> Ranger then adjusts the left-hand seat in the cockpit to have room for
> 2, and he and Pipps get themselves secured.
>
> The copter lifts off, and Francesca flies it out of the large opening
> in the side of the ice shelf. She climbs to an elevation of 500 feet or
> so, then turns the copter towards the south.

The catacopter has just settled itself on a southerly course when the
aircraft radio can be heard through the intercom.

"I say, Roadcat Copter 1, this is Rothera Station. Welcome! I wonder
if you might be game for a bit of lookabout? We seem to have lost a
team of scientists."

Francesca queries the station as to last kknown coordinates and
expected heading of the science party, then she banks the copter
around. Once they reach the last known coordinates Francesca takes to
the intercom.

"Ok, everykitty - and everydoggy and everypenguin - we're looking fur
some silly hoomins. Dey was out playing in da snow an dey getted lost.
Efuffyone close to a window please keep an eye out fur da hoomins. We'z
gonna fly a spiral course working outward from where eey was, so we
should find dem."

It's only 4 of 5 minutes later when Zick get all excited and starts
flapping for attention. Francesca sees where he's pointing.

"Fangu, Zick, it look you found dem. Let me call da station - Rothera
Station, Roadcat Chopper 1 has found your missing scientists. Dey
turned right when dey should have turned left at dat last ice ridge.
Dey's about 15 miles eastish from where ey is supposed to be, I'z got a
copter full of passengers, but I can drop dem a 'mergency porter if you
fink dat it won't freak dem out. An da porter will automatically return
to my copter when dey arrive back at your station."

"Jolly good, Roadcat 1! Please do so. You and your group are always
welcome here."

"Roger, Rothera. 'Porter has been dropped, an dey's starting to go
through. Next time meebe keep dem science types on a shorter leash!
Roadcat 1 clear."

"OK, kitties, let's get back to our tour. Hows about we go party for a
bit wif da kitties at da Amundson Scott South Pole station, den when
we'z done go visit with da Russian kitties at Vostok Station?"

cshenk
October 19th 17, 11:34 PM
Francesca the Fierce wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

> > Francescaa makes sure that the onboard teleporter is working, so
> > kitties (and others) can teleport from the catacopter to the ground
> > if they need to leave, or from the ground to the catacopter if
> > someone wants to board after takeoff.
> >
> > She does a walkaround inspection of the catacopter, then she starts
> > the engines and gets them warming up. She does the powered portion
> > of her preflight, finds all is as it should be, and makes a
> > boarding call for all interested parties. Ranger and Sammy help
> > make sure that everybody is strapped in and has their seats and
> > heateres adjusted for comfort. Ranger then adjusts the left-hand
> > seat in the cockpit to have room for 2, and he and Pipps get
> > themselves secured.
> >
> > The copter lifts off, and Francesca flies it out of the large
> > opening in the side of the ice shelf. She climbs to an elevation
> > of 500 feet or so, then turns the copter towards the south.
>
> The catacopter has just settled itself on a southerly course when the
> aircraft radio can be heard through the intercom.
>
> "I say, Roadcat Copter 1, this is Rothera Station. Welcome! I wonder
> if you might be game for a bit of lookabout? We seem to have lost a
> team of scientists."
>
> Francesca queries the station as to last kknown coordinates and
> expected heading of the science party, then she banks the copter
> around. Once they reach the last known coordinates Francesca takes to
> the intercom.
>
> "Ok, everykitty - and everydoggy and everypenguin - we're looking fur
> some silly hoomins. Dey was out playing in da snow an dey getted
> lost. Efuffyone close to a window please keep an eye out fur da
> hoomins. We'z gonna fly a spiral course working outward from where
> eey was, so we should find dem."
>
> It's only 4 of 5 minutes later when Zick get all excited and starts
> flapping for attention. Francesca sees where he's pointing.
>
> "Fangu, Zick, it look you found dem. Let me call da station - Rothera
> Station, Roadcat Chopper 1 has found your missing scientists. Dey
> turned right when dey should have turned left at dat last ice ridge.
> Dey's about 15 miles eastish from where ey is supposed to be, I'z got
> a copter full of passengers, but I can drop dem a 'mergency porter if
> you fink dat it won't freak dem out. An da porter will automatically
> return to my copter when dey arrive back at your station."
>
> "Jolly good, Roadcat 1! Please do so. You and your group are always
> welcome here."
>
> "Roger, Rothera. 'Porter has been dropped, an dey's starting to go
> through. Next time meebe keep dem science types on a shorter leash!
> Roadcat 1 clear."
>
> "OK, kitties, let's get back to our tour. Hows about we go party for
> a bit wif da kitties at da Amundson Scott South Pole station, den
> when we'z done go visit with da Russian kitties at Vostok Station?"

Polly lifts a wing and says "Na Zdorovie!!" then clicks her beak in
cheer! (Although she can't help but be a bird brain, she's a well
educated one and knows the word means Cheers not 'lets drink alcohol
until we get stupid and fly into cliffs').

Iowna laughs and offers a hot thermous of ducky broth about the cabin
starting with Pit2nya behind her.

--

Community Kitties[_3_]
October 21st 17, 05:01 PM
> "Jolly good, Roadcat 1! Please do so. You and your group are always
> welcome here."
>
> "Roger, Rothera. 'Porter has been dropped, an dey's starting to go
> through. Next time meebe keep dem science types on a shorter leash!
> Roadcat 1 clear."
>
> "OK, kitties, let's get back to our tour. Hows about we go party for a
> bit wif da kitties at da Amundson Scott South Pole station, den when
> we'z done go visit with da Russian kitties at Vostok Station?"

[Ranger whispers into Francesca's ear after listening to his catellite phone]

Ok, kitties, minor change of plans. The Amud=ndson Scott kitties called
Ranger and expressed an interest in goint to Vostok Station with us.
We'll head for the South Pole Station and pick up their kitties, then
we'll land at Vostok Station.

[A few minutes later the catacopter touches down on the helipad at
Amundson-Scott South Pole Station. As soon as the skids touch down a
dozen kitties wearing heavy parkas dash from the nearby equipment
hangar to the catacopter. They climb inside and make themeselves
comfortable. A very large Maine Coon Cat starts meowing on the
intercom.]

"Hihi, efurry kitty! Hey dere, Zoot and Zack, long time not see! I'z
Homer, and I'z da cat ambassador of da Amundson Scott Station. We
bringed along a couple cases of nip vodka fur our comrades at Vostok.
Anyone care for a nip before we get dere?"

cshenk
October 23rd 17, 02:07 AM
Community Kitties wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

> > "Jolly good, Roadcat 1! Please do so. You and your group are always
> > welcome here."
> >
> > "Roger, Rothera. 'Porter has been dropped, an dey's starting to go
> > through. Next time meebe keep dem science types on a shorter
> > leash! Roadcat 1 clear."
> >
> > "OK, kitties, let's get back to our tour. Hows about we go party
> > for a bit wif da kitties at da Amundson Scott South Pole station,
> > den when we'z done go visit with da Russian kitties at Vostok
> > Station?"
>
> [Ranger whispers into Francesca's ear after listening to his
> catellite phone]
>
> Ok, kitties, minor change of plans. The Amud=ndson Scott kitties
> called Ranger and expressed an interest in goint to Vostok Station
> with us. We'll head for the South Pole Station and pick up their
> kitties, then we'll land at Vostok Station.
>
> [A few minutes later the catacopter touches down on the helipad at
> Amundson-Scott South Pole Station. As soon as the skids touch down a
> dozen kitties wearing heavy parkas dash from the nearby equipment
> hangar to the catacopter. They climb inside and make themeselves
> comfortable. A very large Maine Coon Cat starts meowing on the
> intercom.]
>
> "Hihi, efurry kitty! Hey dere, Zoot and Zack, long time not see! I'z
> Homer, and I'z da cat ambassador of da Amundson Scott Station. We
> bringed along a couple cases of nip vodka fur our comrades at Vostok.
> Anyone care for a nip before we get dere?"

Meantime Daisy-chan gets a message and she and Iowna start typing away.
They are HTML'ing the additons to the walk for Jan....

--

Pit2nya[_3_]
October 23rd 17, 02:23 AM
On Thursday, October 19, 2017 at 3:34:49 PM UTC-7, cshenk wrote:
> [...]
> > return to my copter when dey arrive back at your station."
> >
> > "Jolly good, Roadcat 1! Please do so. You and your group are always
> > welcome here."
> >
> > "Roger, Rothera. 'Porter has been dropped, an dey's starting to go
> > through. Next time meebe keep dem science types on a shorter leash!
> > Roadcat 1 clear."
> >
> > "OK, kitties, let's get back to our tour. Hows about we go party for
> > a bit wif da kitties at da Amundson Scott South Pole station, den
> > when we'z done go visit with da Russian kitties at Vostok Station?"
>
> Polly lifts a wing and says "Na Zdorovie!!" then clicks her beak in
> cheer! (Although she can't help but be a bird brain, she's a well
> educated one and knows the word means Cheers not 'lets drink alcohol
> until we get stupid and fly into cliffs').
>
> Iowna laughs and offers a hot thermous of ducky broth about the cabin

Pit2nya, fankz Iowna, then addz uh liddul ice to make the ducky broth friendlier tu her sensitive tonge.

Community Kitties[_3_]
October 27th 17, 03:10 AM
On 2017-10-21 16:01:31 +0000, Community Kitties said:

>> "Jolly good, Roadcat 1! Please do so. You and your group are always
>> welcome here."
>>
>> "Roger, Rothera. 'Porter has been dropped, an dey's starting to go
>> through. Next time meebe keep dem science types on a shorter leash!
>> Roadcat 1 clear."
>>
>> "OK, kitties, let's get back to our tour. Hows about we go party for a
>> bit wif da kitties at da Amundson Scott South Pole station, den when
>> we'z done go visit with da Russian kitties at Vostok Station?"
>
> [Ranger whispers into Francesca's ear after listening to his catellite phone]
>
> Ok, kitties, minor change of plans. The Amud=ndson Scott kitties called
> Ranger and expressed an interest in goint to Vostok Station with us.
> We'll head for the South Pole Station and pick up their kitties, then
> we'll land at Vostok Station.
>
> [A few minutes later the catacopter touches down on the helipad at
> Amundson-Scott South Pole Station. As soon as the skids touch down a
> dozen kitties wearing heavy parkas dash from the nearby equipment
> hangar to the catacopter. They climb inside and make themeselves
> comfortable. A very large Maine Coon Cat starts meowing on the
> intercom.]
>
> "Hihi, efurry kitty! Hey dere, Zoot and Zack, long time not see! I'z
> Homer, and I'z da cat ambassador of da Amundson Scott Station. We
> bringed along a couple cases of nip vodka fur our comrades at Vostok.
> Anyone care for a nip before we get dere?"

Francesca aims the catacopter towards Vostok Station. Since it's so far
away, she engages the teleporter and the copter emefges from a
shimmering wall of light just a mile or so from Vostok Station. The
radio operator at Vostok welcomes the copter and clears them to land.

Francesca sets the chopper down next to a maintenance shed. As soon as
the sound of the engines indicates that the rotors are slowing, a
kitty-sized door opens in the side of the shed and an inflatable tunnel
slinks out of the shed and inflates, leaving a tunnel licely protected
from weather leading from the copter to the shed. Ranger and Pipps take
the lead, showing everyone the way. As soon as the enter the
maintenance shed, a beautiful Russian Grey kitty welcomes Ranger and
Pipps.

"Ranger, Pipps, Dobro po┼żalovat'"

"Dobryj den'!, Sergei! I'm glad to be back. These are guests from the
Antarctic kitty community, and from the online Community. We figured a
visit to your lovely home would be in order. And of course Homer is
along, with a good supply of nip vodka. I was wondering if ot might be
possible for those interested to visit Lake Vostok?"

Sergei: Da, Ranger, of course. [He turns to address the group] Welcome
everybody! This is Vostok Station. I am Sergei, and I am in charge of
keeping peace between us intelligent creatures and da hoomins. I
unndersand you wold like to see Lake Vostok. I'z sure you know that it
is ultra-pure, probably the purest, cleanest water on the planet. I am
pleased to announce that we haf a very nice submarine, with two trained
captains, Polina and Marina. And both of them are on duty today.

Which of you would like to take da submarine tour, and which of you
would like to enjoy da banquet first?"

cshenk
October 28th 17, 01:48 AM
> [...]

> Antarctic kitty community, and from the online Community. We figured
> a visit to your lovely home would be in order. And of course Homer is
> along, with a good supply of nip vodka. I was wondering if ot might
> be possible for those interested to visit Lake Vostok?"
>
> Sergei: Da, Ranger, of course. [He turns to address the group]
> Welcome everybody! This is Vostok Station. I am Sergei, and I am in
> charge of keeping peace between us intelligent creatures and da
> hoomins. I unndersand you wold like to see Lake Vostok. I'z sure you
> know that it is ultra-pure, probably the purest, cleanest water on
> the planet. I am pleased to announce that we haf a very nice
> submarine, with two trained captains, Polina and Marina. And both of
> them are on duty today.
>
> Which of you would like to take da submarine tour, and which of you

Polly being bird brained, scoots to the banquet and loads a plate with
dried coconut, some grapes, and a few nuts and comes back to say
"Dankeshan Sergi!'. Wrapping her goodies in a napkin, she joins the
line for the submarine. She afterall has to eat her weight pretty much
per day.

Meantime Clem and Cleo sort of hang back. They are not sure about
going *gulp* under water! Pit2nya sees this and comes over to soothe
them.

Meantime, Cash reaches into his backpack and pulls out waterproof
booties. He really HATES getting wet toes. He figures the sub will be
dry but he's hedging his bets. He offers Starr a selection in several
colors she might like.

All halts though as Iowna bashfully raises a paw and asks 'Is there a
little ladies room? I'z been runnin frum place to place fur a lot of
time anna need to (um) powder mai nose'... Reminded of this, a fairly
large line falls behind Iowna....