PDA

View Full Version : Buffy on the sofa

jmcquown[_2_]
October 18th 17, 03:58 PM
Buffy rarely snoozes on the sofa in the living room. I took a pic of
her looking very comfy a few days ago:

https://s1.postimg.org/5ey0qfvhun/buffy_sofa.jpg

Here's a funny memory. When I brought my cat Persia (RB 2014) here my
mother insisted I get a sheet out of the closet and cover the sofa with
it. When I asked why she said, "I don't want her fur to stain the
sofa." Surely she meant "shed" not "stain"? Mom knew nothing about
cats. I laughed and said, "She doesn't use cheap hair dye, Mom!" Of
course I complied. Her house, her sofa.

Buffy mostly ignores the sofa. Ah, but the seasons are changing. The
sun is coming in through the windows at a different angle. After 2-1/2
years she's finally noticing the sofa is a comfortable sunny spot when
the sun is just right. :)

Jill

jmcquown[_2_]
October 18th 17, 06:31 PM
On 10/18/2017 1:08 PM, Judith Latham wrote:
> In article >,
> jmcquown > wrote:
>> Buffy rarely snoozes on the sofa in the living room. I took a pic of
>> her looking very comfy a few days ago:
>
>> https://s1.postimg.org/5ey0qfvhun/buffy_sofa.jpg
>
>> Here's a funny memory. When I brought my cat Persia (RB 2014) here my
>> mother insisted I get a sheet out of the closet and cover the sofa with
>> it. When I asked why she said, "I don't want her fur to stain the
>> sofa." Surely she meant "shed" not "stain"? Mom knew nothing about
>> cats. I laughed and said, "She doesn't use cheap hair dye, Mom!" Of
>> course I complied. Her house, her sofa.
>
>> Buffy mostly ignores the sofa. Ah, but the seasons are changing. The
>> sun is coming in through the windows at a different angle. After 2-1/2
>> years she's finally noticing the sofa is a comfortable sunny spot when
>> the sun is just right. :)
>
>> Jill
>

> If she's anything like any of mine as soon as you get used to her being in
> one spot, she'll move to another. :)

Absolutely! They think they've lulled us into a routine and then they
change up. :)

Jill

Takayuki
October 19th 17, 11:08 PM
On Wed, 18 Oct 2017 10:58:14 -0400, jmcquown > wrote:
>Buffy rarely snoozes on the sofa in the living room. I took a pic of
>her looking very comfy a few days ago:
>
>https://s1.postimg.org/5ey0qfvhun/buffy_sofa.jpg

What an adorably sleepy girl. I find it's hard to catch them sleepy
sometimes, because they're so alert.

jmcquown[_2_]
October 19th 17, 11:23 PM
On 10/19/2017 6:08 PM, Takayuki wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Oct 2017 10:58:14 -0400, jmcquown > wrote:
>> Buffy rarely snoozes on the sofa in the living room. I took a pic of
>> her looking very comfy a few days ago:
>>
>> https://s1.postimg.org/5ey0qfvhun/buffy_sofa.jpg
>
> What an adorably sleepy girl. I find it's hard to catch them sleepy
> sometimes, because they're so alert.

She seems to know the minute I pick up the camera!

Jill