PDA

View Full Version : Re: Do you have pics of your cats online??


Agua Girl
June 22nd 03, 11:09 PM
"Cat Protector" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Apparently none of you are metaphysical and thinking too human. Do you
fear
> that my theory might be true. I for one have a relationship with my cats
and
> have found on many occasions when I try to pick up my cat Jade and kiss
her
> on the head or hug her, she meows as if to state "oh come on daddy, not
> again, I am an adult kitty here." I think you here need to think outside
the
> lines and put away your human way of thinking and actually talk to your
> cats.

I talk to my cat all the time, and she kind of talks back..in a non human
non verbal way. I can tell by body language what she is feeling but I
don't try and credit her with human feelings. Humiliation is a human
emotion. Think about it? Why do we feel humiliated? because when we
do something silly we are laughed at, we are ridiculed by our peers.
Unless you are dressing up your dog and taking him to doggy park
where he or she is likely to subjected to the kind of feelings your talking
about then there is no reason for him/her to ever feel humiliated about
dressing up. Not if you tell him how smart he looks. If a male child
grew up wearing a dress and no one ever made him feel embarrassed
by it, then he would never feel humiliation..wouldn't know he was supposed
to.
Not sure if I explained that very well. Point is, I don't have a problem
with cats thinking or feeling the way I do but you can't credit them
with learned emotions unless you teach them .

AG

Cat Protector
June 23rd 03, 06:06 AM
My cat Jade huffs when she dislikes something or if she feels that someone
has invaded her space enough. She does meow to let people know she wants
time to herself.

--
Panther TEK: Staying On Top Of All Your Computer Needs!
www.members.cox.net/catprotector/panthertek

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"Karen Chuplis" > wrote in message
...
> I inherited a cat that whiffles in disgust when I tell her not to do
> something. She huffs out through her nose, just like we do through our
mouth
> when frustrated or disgusted. It's very cute.
>
> Karen
>

Cat Protector
June 23rd 03, 06:06 AM
My cat Jade huffs when she dislikes something or if she feels that someone
has invaded her space enough. She does meow to let people know she wants
time to herself.

--
Panther TEK: Staying On Top Of All Your Computer Needs!
www.members.cox.net/catprotector/panthertek

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"Karen Chuplis" > wrote in message
...
> I inherited a cat that whiffles in disgust when I tell her not to do
> something. She huffs out through her nose, just like we do through our
mouth
> when frustrated or disgusted. It's very cute.
>
> Karen
>

Agua Girl
June 23rd 03, 07:00 AM
"Cat Protector" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Once again you think too human. How is humiliation just a human feeling?

Humiliation is a learned emotion. Did you not read the whole
post? Humiliation is something we feel at the hands of
our peers. It's not a base or instinct feeling like hunger,
fear or love. So..unless you teach your cat to feel humiliated
by putting ears on it than pointing and laughing and then ignoring
him (like kids do to each other in school) he or she is not going
to experience that feeling just by wearing a costume. In fact,
we teach our pets pride when we tell them how beautiful they
are. That's why your cat walks around like it's all that and then
some, because you taught it pride. I bet the cat in the ears felt
more pride than anything cuz his slave probably told him how
great he looked.

AG

Agua Girl
June 23rd 03, 07:00 AM
"Cat Protector" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Once again you think too human. How is humiliation just a human feeling?

Humiliation is a learned emotion. Did you not read the whole
post? Humiliation is something we feel at the hands of
our peers. It's not a base or instinct feeling like hunger,
fear or love. So..unless you teach your cat to feel humiliated
by putting ears on it than pointing and laughing and then ignoring
him (like kids do to each other in school) he or she is not going
to experience that feeling just by wearing a costume. In fact,
we teach our pets pride when we tell them how beautiful they
are. That's why your cat walks around like it's all that and then
some, because you taught it pride. I bet the cat in the ears felt
more pride than anything cuz his slave probably told him how
great he looked.

AG

Cat Protector
June 23rd 03, 09:07 AM
I read the whole post exactly. How on earth do you teach humiliation. It is
a natural feeling which is not tought. It simply is.

--
Panther TEK: Staying On Top Of All Your Computer Needs!
www.members.cox.net/catprotector/panthertek

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"Agua Girl" > wrote in message
t...
>
> "Cat Protector" > wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > Once again you think too human. How is humiliation just a human feeling?
>
> Humiliation is a learned emotion. Did you not read the whole
> post? Humiliation is something we feel at the hands of
> our peers. It's not a base or instinct feeling like hunger,
> fear or love. So..unless you teach your cat to feel humiliated
> by putting ears on it than pointing and laughing and then ignoring
> him (like kids do to each other in school) he or she is not going
> to experience that feeling just by wearing a costume. In fact,
> we teach our pets pride when we tell them how beautiful they
> are. That's why your cat walks around like it's all that and then
> some, because you taught it pride. I bet the cat in the ears felt
> more pride than anything cuz his slave probably told him how
> great he looked.
>
> AG
>
>

Cat Protector
June 23rd 03, 09:07 AM
I read the whole post exactly. How on earth do you teach humiliation. It is
a natural feeling which is not tought. It simply is.

--
Panther TEK: Staying On Top Of All Your Computer Needs!
www.members.cox.net/catprotector/panthertek

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"Agua Girl" > wrote in message
t...
>
> "Cat Protector" > wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > Once again you think too human. How is humiliation just a human feeling?
>
> Humiliation is a learned emotion. Did you not read the whole
> post? Humiliation is something we feel at the hands of
> our peers. It's not a base or instinct feeling like hunger,
> fear or love. So..unless you teach your cat to feel humiliated
> by putting ears on it than pointing and laughing and then ignoring
> him (like kids do to each other in school) he or she is not going
> to experience that feeling just by wearing a costume. In fact,
> we teach our pets pride when we tell them how beautiful they
> are. That's why your cat walks around like it's all that and then
> some, because you taught it pride. I bet the cat in the ears felt
> more pride than anything cuz his slave probably told him how
> great he looked.
>
> AG
>
>

Agua Girl
June 23rd 03, 03:19 PM
"Cat Protector" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> I read the whole post exactly. How on earth do you teach humiliation. It
is
> a natural feeling which is not tought. It simply is.
>
Not really. Check it out, read some books on the human
psyche. We get positive reinforcement and it makes us
feel good, we get negative reinforcement and it makes us
feel bad. Those are the base emotions you are associating
with humiliation. Humans feel humiliated when someone
injures their pride..or gives them negative input in response
to something they did, said, wore etc. You can't feel
humiliated without the negative input..it's not a feeling you
just have. It's the old tree falling in a forest thing. If you
do something really stupid that would normally make you
feel humiliated..but no one else knows or will ever know...do
you still feel humiliated? of course not (unless you have self esteem
issues) because you didn't get negative in put in response. It's
learned. If your cat does something silly or gets dressed up in
bunny ears the only possible way he could feel anything negative
is for you to give him negative input.

Most emotions are learned responses based on input. They
all work off of base emotions but what triggers the emotion
and the response is "learned". We learn to be embarrassed
about certain things based on negative input when we do them,
we learn to feel pride about things based on positive input when
we achieve them.

AG

Agua Girl
June 23rd 03, 03:19 PM
"Cat Protector" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> I read the whole post exactly. How on earth do you teach humiliation. It
is
> a natural feeling which is not tought. It simply is.
>
Not really. Check it out, read some books on the human
psyche. We get positive reinforcement and it makes us
feel good, we get negative reinforcement and it makes us
feel bad. Those are the base emotions you are associating
with humiliation. Humans feel humiliated when someone
injures their pride..or gives them negative input in response
to something they did, said, wore etc. You can't feel
humiliated without the negative input..it's not a feeling you
just have. It's the old tree falling in a forest thing. If you
do something really stupid that would normally make you
feel humiliated..but no one else knows or will ever know...do
you still feel humiliated? of course not (unless you have self esteem
issues) because you didn't get negative in put in response. It's
learned. If your cat does something silly or gets dressed up in
bunny ears the only possible way he could feel anything negative
is for you to give him negative input.

Most emotions are learned responses based on input. They
all work off of base emotions but what triggers the emotion
and the response is "learned". We learn to be embarrassed
about certain things based on negative input when we do them,
we learn to feel pride about things based on positive input when
we achieve them.

AG

Agua Girl
June 23rd 03, 03:37 PM
"Cat Protector" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Once again. Typical human thinking.

Heh...boy you do think you're spock don't you.

I give up. Ignorance does not make you enlightened
but if you are happier living in your make believe world
than more power to you.

AG (reality based)

Agua Girl
June 23rd 03, 03:37 PM
"Cat Protector" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Once again. Typical human thinking.

Heh...boy you do think you're spock don't you.

I give up. Ignorance does not make you enlightened
but if you are happier living in your make believe world
than more power to you.

AG (reality based)

Agua Girl
June 23rd 03, 05:31 PM
"Cat Protector" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>
> I guess you fear what I am saying. Otherwise you wouldn't resort to name
> calling or put downs to drive your point.

Actually I do "fear" you believe it. As for driving my point, it's
not "my point". It's not my belief or my theory..its clinically backed,
factual based, trial supported truth.

And calling you ignorant isn't name calling. What is your degree in?
How many psyche classes did you take in college? To believe that
humiliation is not a learned response you have to be ignorant of
the facts. You can't have read the clinical trials and studies that went
into this conclusion. Even my small anecdote was a trial of a kind...
but you ignore facts based on some belief system you hold. That's
fine, but it isn't factual. I have proof that some human emotions are
learned. The very fact that we come out naked and aren't embarrassed
by it is proof alone that feelings like embarrassment and humiliation are
learned. Why aren't babies embarrassed? What IQ level do you give
to your cat? If they are intelligent enough to be embarrassed, why are
they stupid enough to run in front of cars or drink anti-freeze?

Enough with the facts..they aren't going to sway you. You have your
cats to tell you the truth right? Let me guess..your a star seed? No,
wait..
and indigo child? I have read plenty of metaphysical philosophers, I have
even attended seminars on everything from the Nubians to Free Spirit
thinking (that's a really great one by the way) but none of them, not
one tells me that my cat will be embarrassed to wear bunny ears or that
humans are born with every range of emotions..nothing learned...as
are cats. You are the one just making this stuff up as you go...which is
fine for you but don't expect me or anyone else with an ounce of
reasoning power to buy into it.

AG

Agua Girl
June 23rd 03, 05:31 PM
"Cat Protector" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>
> I guess you fear what I am saying. Otherwise you wouldn't resort to name
> calling or put downs to drive your point.

Actually I do "fear" you believe it. As for driving my point, it's
not "my point". It's not my belief or my theory..its clinically backed,
factual based, trial supported truth.

And calling you ignorant isn't name calling. What is your degree in?
How many psyche classes did you take in college? To believe that
humiliation is not a learned response you have to be ignorant of
the facts. You can't have read the clinical trials and studies that went
into this conclusion. Even my small anecdote was a trial of a kind...
but you ignore facts based on some belief system you hold. That's
fine, but it isn't factual. I have proof that some human emotions are
learned. The very fact that we come out naked and aren't embarrassed
by it is proof alone that feelings like embarrassment and humiliation are
learned. Why aren't babies embarrassed? What IQ level do you give
to your cat? If they are intelligent enough to be embarrassed, why are
they stupid enough to run in front of cars or drink anti-freeze?

Enough with the facts..they aren't going to sway you. You have your
cats to tell you the truth right? Let me guess..your a star seed? No,
wait..
and indigo child? I have read plenty of metaphysical philosophers, I have
even attended seminars on everything from the Nubians to Free Spirit
thinking (that's a really great one by the way) but none of them, not
one tells me that my cat will be embarrassed to wear bunny ears or that
humans are born with every range of emotions..nothing learned...as
are cats. You are the one just making this stuff up as you go...which is
fine for you but don't expect me or anyone else with an ounce of
reasoning power to buy into it.

AG