PDA

View Full Version : Re: Zoom Groom brush

Angela
July 2nd 03, 04:08 PM
These are excellent brushes. I send one home with rabbits who are adopted from
me. The cats love them too, and Dean keeps one on the end table to brush the
cats.

Angela (Aol.com doesn't hop!)

<A HREF="http://www.rabbitadoption.org"> Rabbit & Small Animal Adoptions</A
HREF> Rabbits & small animals for adoption--worldwide links, including vet
referrals & other rescues, care tips, mail order products, etc.

Angela
July 2nd 03, 04:08 PM
These are excellent brushes. I send one home with rabbits who are adopted from
me. The cats love them too, and Dean keeps one on the end table to brush the
cats.

Angela (Aol.com doesn't hop!)

<A HREF="http://www.rabbitadoption.org"> Rabbit & Small Animal Adoptions</A
HREF> Rabbits & small animals for adoption--worldwide links, including vet
referrals & other rescues, care tips, mail order products, etc.

PawsForThought
July 2nd 03, 04:42 PM
>From: (Rene)

>My only negative comment is that the hair didn't always collect in the
>brush but would fly around a bit. However, the Catnip review had
>mentioned this, so I brushed one cat outside and the other in a
>closed spare room, vacuuming afterwards.

What I do is brush my cats first with a rubber brush that loosens up the fur
and gathers it, then I take a slicker type brush to pick up all the loose fur.

________

PawsForThought
July 2nd 03, 04:42 PM
>From: (Rene)

>My only negative comment is that the hair didn't always collect in the
>brush but would fly around a bit. However, the Catnip review had
>mentioned this, so I brushed one cat outside and the other in a
>closed spare room, vacuuming afterwards.

What I do is brush my cats first with a rubber brush that loosens up the fur
and gathers it, then I take a slicker type brush to pick up all the loose fur.

________

Jay
July 3rd 03, 02:21 AM
This isn't the only traditional dog grooming tool that can work well for
cats.
One of my cats use to get little matts because she wasn't able to groom so
well anymore.
A dog undercoat rake worked wonders, used very gently of course.

J.

om...

"Rene" > wrote in message
om...
> Normally, I don't post messages like this, but I thought I'd share
> this in case anyone is interested. . .
>
> My cats don't like to be brushed, but they have been shedding so much
> lately and getting hairballs that I had to do something. I read an
> article in Catnip (put out by Tufts) about grooming tools and they
> said good things about the "Zoom Groom" brush. It's a completely
> rubber "brush" that more or less massages the cat and the rubber grabs
> the hair.
>
> I bought one yesterday, and it works great! It really got the hair
> out! Tucker didn't mind it at all, and Benny, though squirmey, purred!
> My only negative comment is that the hair didn't always collect in the
> brush but would fly around a bit. However, the Catnip review had
> mentioned this, so I brushed one cat outside and the other in a
> closed spare room, vacuuming afterwards.
>
> I don't work for the company or anything--just a customer. Definately
> worth a try if your cats don't like a regular metal brush.
>
> Rene

Rene
July 3rd 03, 02:15 PM
(PawsForThought) wrote in message >...
> >From: (Rene)
>
> >My only negative comment is that the hair didn't always collect in the
> >brush but would fly around a bit. However, the Catnip review had
> >mentioned this, so I brushed one cat outside and the other in a
> >closed spare room, vacuuming afterwards.
>
> What I do is brush my cats first with a rubber brush that loosens up the fur
> and gathers it, then I take a slicker type brush to pick up all the loose fur.

Now that's a good idea!